• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Take 2014: 8-4A

Started by whippersnapper, June 27, 2014, 05:50:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

And dont rely on them having to forfeit games

LJ06

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: phdefense on July 07, 2014, 09:26:31 pm
One change I think the 4A-8 might notice about the Dollarway that the 4A-2 returned to them is that they are not the slow starters that they use to be.
the return of coach hardman as a.d. has changed a lot at dway.

NoRetreat

Quote from: CounterPunch on July 06, 2014, 10:22:55 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on July 06, 2014, 08:08:18 am
Quote from: Razorhummer on July 06, 2014, 12:52:22 am
I wouldn't rule out Star City but I really think it's going to all come down to the Warren/Dollarway game who wins the 8-4A.
You will be surprised with how Dway will continue to keep its tradition going
Captain obvious
dollarway will be 3rd or 4th. They can't possibly be good 2 years in a row. We have to remember who we are talking about here. It will be between SC and Warren. You might even see them both in War Memorial if the bracket falls right.

NoRetreat

Quote from: Bulldog92 on July 07, 2014, 11:15:53 am
I agree with what you posted Zebra, if Dollarway has another Lidell then they will be as tough as they were last year.  Although a school in Southeast Ar turning out SEC caliber athletes at the quarterback position in back to back years doesn't happen very often, if ever. The top four in this conference will be as tough as most of the other 4-A conference champs.  It is going to be a fun year in the 8-4A, especially on Fearless Friday!!!
we have 2 kids battling for QB and I will tell u now it's going to be real exciting to see either of them play

CounterPunch

Star City will win it all this year.

AirWarren

OLDSCHOOL82

I know the talent will be there.  I don't know if Furneax has what it takes to make it happen.

CounterPunch

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 10, 2014, 09:43:05 pm
I know the talent will be there.  I don't know if Furneax has what it takes to make it happen.
Furneaux. And he has what it takes. It's up to the kids at this point.

CounterPunch

CounterPunch

Star City will scrimmage at Watson Chapel next Tuesday instead of Bauxite. Should give us a better feel of where we are at as a team.

Jacketman65

Always liked to see teams scrimmage bigger schools.  Seems to kind of put the kids in there place, make them realize that there are bigger, stronger and yes better players out there.  Come conference time, it will pay dividends!

CounterPunch

Come on football season. Hope it's one for the ages

LJ06

Quote from: CounterPunch on August 18, 2014, 08:59:07 pm

Star City all the way bababbbbbyy

Jimbo Morphis

two more weeks and cowboy will be back on here.

Sarcasmrules

Just checking in fellas forgive my lack of knowledge for asking this! Does Warren have a solid starter at qb or is the job still there for the taking. I remember a Mormon or morgan was the backup last year. I'll be asking around about dway have to work with some diehards almost everyday! Already talking smack so Go Jacks !

Superjack45

Quote from: Sarcasmrules on August 19, 2014, 11:34:20 am
Just checking in fellas forgive my lack of knowledge for asking this! Does Warren have a solid starter at qb or is the job still there for the taking. I remember a Mormon or morgan was the backup last year. I'll be asking around about dway have to work with some diehards almost everyday! Already talking smack so Go Jacks !
His name is Gorman and yes he started 6 games and won all 6, he is a good passer but lacks the aggressiveness of Tonka. I believe he will start and we will see from the first game how he does.

AirWarren

Quote from: Superjack45 on August 19, 2014, 12:24:23 pm
Quote from: Sarcasmrules on August 19, 2014, 11:34:20 am
His name is Gorman and yes he started 6 games and won all 6, he is a good passer but lacks the aggressiveness of Tonka. I believe he will start and we will see from the first game how he does.

This is correct. He took over snaps for Jones during Jones' junior year. Potential is there.

Superjack45

To be honest I would really like to see him with the position because he has the experience and DB hasn't played since 8th grade so I hope he can hold on to it.

CounterPunch

Quote from: Oldman on August 19, 2014, 08:38:32 am
He is getting wound up as I write this. I asked him when he was going to get back on and he said "after I see us play". Lol

CounterPunch

Quote from: LJ06 on August 18, 2014, 09:03:00 pm

Star City all the way bababbbbbyy
hope so. We have to beat yall and dway first.

AirWarren

Quote from: CounterPunch on August 19, 2014, 04:31:58 pm
He is getting wound up as I write this. I asked him when he was going to get back on and he said "after I see us play". Lol

Gotta go threw 24 bud lights before he can get on here and say ignorant things!

CounterPunch

Quote from: AirWarren on August 19, 2014, 04:57:46 pm

Gotta go threw 24 bud lights before he can get on here and say ignorant things!
*through. I had to do it.

AirWarren

Jimbo Morphis

always the same, on here right after the first game and like airwaren last year is gone after the last.

davglo35

A lot of folks in Hamburg are glad to see cox gone. He was over rated and his chickens will come home to roost at Fairview. He wouldnt let a very talented kid play because of some comments made by the kids father. You dont take out frustrations on a kid because of what an adult says. He is not that good of a coach. the kid will have a break out yr this yr. Hamburg finally has a coach with some class.

LJ06

Quote from: davglo35 on August 26, 2014, 05:41:35 am
A lot of folks in Hamburg are glad to see cox gone. He was over rated and his chickens will come home to roost at Fairview. He wouldnt let a very talented kid play because of some comments made by the kids father. You dont take out frustrations on a kid because of what an adult says. He is not that good of a coach. the kid will have a break out yr this yr. Hamburg finally has a coach with some class.

Oh boy

CounterPunch

give me a break. Hamburg had a chance to be at the top this year. Not so much now.

your name here

Wow, all this time I thought he was the second coming. Davlo what position does your kid play?

Jack1990

Quote from: your name here on August 26, 2014, 07:16:52 am
Wow, all this time I thought he was the second coming. Davlo what position does your kid play?
I was thinking Davlo IS the kid!

LJ06

Hamburgs year was last year and they fell short

AirWarren

Same story new year.

LJ06

As Lee Corso once said, "ya shot your wad too early!"

Jimbo Morphis

warren better win it this year after watching their jr. high last night. they seem to have a couple of down years coming.

LJ06

Quote from: Oldman on August 26, 2014, 08:52:23 am
warren better win it this year after watching their jr. high last night. they seem to have a couple of down years coming.

Happens to the best of us

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: LJ06 on August 26, 2014, 08:56:16 am

kids can also change a lot in 2 or 3 years.

LJ06

Quote from: Oldman on August 26, 2014, 08:58:04 am

Very true I've seen some pretty bad jr high teams become successful in high school. How bad was last night?

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on August 26, 2014, 09:26:31 am

Very true I've seen some pretty bad jr high teams become successful in high school. How bad was last night?

Your grade was a case in point.

My grade, with bret smith, Roshaun fellows, caleb bateman, etc, only won 5 or 6 games in Jr. high. Not very good at all. That class is the only class to have a back to back state title. So weird things can happen.

How bad was it OM?

Jimbo Morphis

not horrible i don't think. either mcgehee is good or warren is bad. lol not sure yet.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on August 26, 2014, 09:43:46 am
not horrible i don't think. either mcgehee is good or warren is bad. lol not sure yet.

They may both be pretty good. 30-28 is a close score.

This years 8th grade is supposed to be pretty good. Not sure of the 9th grade.

cuckoobird

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on August 26, 2014, 09:30:24 am
Quote from: LJ06 on August 26, 2014, 09:26:31 am

Your grade was a case in point.

My grade, with bret smith, Roshaun fellows, caleb bateman, etc, only won 5 or 6 games in Jr. high. Not very good at all. That class is the only class to have a back to back state title. So weird things can happen.

How bad was it OM?

True, '05 was a good case in point. That Sr class went 3-5-1 as Freshmen and 11-1 as Seniors. Big turn around.

Superjack45

I was at the Jr high game and they were a little nervous when you got quite a bit of the starters are in the 8th grade you will get that, but the 2nd half was a very different story the Jr Owls had a time trying to hold them down and plus they had a td call back on a late flag but it's was a scrimmage I think they will be fine.

AirWarren

your name here

AirWarren

CounterPunch

AirWarren

We are getting a new chicken plant in town. 100+ new jobs coming....HA

:D

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on August 26, 2014, 10:50:06 pm

They'll need a nurse.  :)

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on August 26, 2014, 10:52:20 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on August 26, 2014, 10:50:06 pm

They'll need a nurse.  :)

Throw out the right salary, I may would consider.

Y'all win?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas