• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Ft. Smith Southside @ UAPB Hooten's Classic Tuesday 9/3/14

Started by AirWarren, February 13, 2014, 03:02:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack1990

AT

Jack1990

Jack1990

Two point conversion is good. Southside leads 21-14 with 9:24 remaining in game.

Jack1990

cuckoobird

Warren finally doing what ive thought was the best thing for them. Brown and cox on the option

Jack1990

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 02, 2014, 10:05:50 pm
Warren finally doing what ive thought was the best thing for them. Brown and cox on the option
This^

OLDSCHOOL82

How are you boys watching the game and still giving the play by play on here?  I can't do it except for during breaks!

cuckoobird

TBone70

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 02, 2014, 10:10:31 pm
How are you boys watching the game and still giving the play by play on here?  I can't do it except for during breaks!
Gosh I know, multi tasking I reckon. What ever it is he's doing a good job

Jack1990

AT

If Southside doesn't panic they just keep running it. Plenty of time.

Jack1990

Quote from: TBone70 on September 02, 2014, 10:13:09 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 02, 2014, 10:10:31 pm
Gosh I know, multi tasking I reckon. What ever it is he's doing a good job
It ain't easy! Lol

Maclin on your girl

September 02, 2014, 10:18:18 pm #514 Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:20:30 pm by Maclin on your girl
Typical ss game. SS has them right where they want them. They play their best when their backed in a corner.

AT

Haha I understand they have to have them but worst timed ad ever

Jack1990

Jack1990

Two point conversion good. Southside leads Warren 29-22 with 31.7 seconds left.

Jack1990

Warren first down on their own 17 yard line. 24.4 seconds left.

AirWarren

Jack1990

Baitshop

Outstanding game and effort by the Lumberjacks....much respect

cuckoobird

Good game warren. Gutsy call by bo for the win on the two point conversion

Jack1990

AT

Jack1990

TBone70

Wow, Way to hang in there Warren. Great showing for 4A. Good Job Jack1990 with he play by play. My smart phone was acting dumb and couldn't get the streaming video. This worked just as well.

Romeo

Jack1990

Maclin on your girl

Jacketman65

Sounds like it was a great game to watch. Congrats to both teams and good luck next week!

mr.b@sc

7AFBFAN

Wow what a game. Both teams gave it their all. Just when I thought Warren was out of gas they would make SS look like they were out of gas. Two of the best efforts I have seen in a long time. Way to go Jacks and Rebs.

AT

Southside's coaches showed a lot of poise by just handing the ball off that last drive and letting the big guys and the backs do the work. Ironically, they scored on a pass play. Southside has a ton of running backs and they are all talented. The O-Line does a great job too. Southside's passing game looked improved in the first half, but after the pick six in the 2nd half, they just went back to running the football.

Southside's D was amazing tonight. One TD setup by a long kick return, One pick six (not their fault), and another TD when Warren threw the option wrinkle at them with Brown at QB. They almost stopped that on 4th and goal too. Southside's secondary wasn't tested too much because their D-Line just dominated the trenches tonight.

Warren will be just fine this year. Their QBs will not feel that pressure the rest of the year. They broke off some big runs and made some good plays, just not enough.

The D was pretty good, too. They stopped the running game of SS a few drives and got the pick six.

cuckoobird

Jack1990

LJ06

dc24

Really wish Marshall wouldn't have got ejected, and the kid from SS for that matter too.  He could have been the difference for us in this one, but a great effort.  Our window on beating a 7A school might have passed for a while now.  Hopefully we can beat Stuttgart and give PA a run for their money.

AirWarren

Quote from: dc24 on September 02, 2014, 11:58:57 pm
Really wish Marshall wouldn't have got ejected, and the kid from SS for that matter too.  He could have been the difference for us in this one, but a great effort.  Our window on beating a 7A school might have passed for a while now.  Hopefully we can beat Stuttgart and give PA a run for their money.

Hey, that said that in 01-02 as well. Regardless I hope this is the last time we schedule a 7a team.

I'm proud of Warren tonight. Those kids held in there and fought tooth and nail to the last second. Depth was the deciding factor.

Great game SS. We may never face y'all again but this was fun. Best of luck during the season.

LJ06

It was a great game, but Warren fell just short. Plenty of chances for Warren to have won this one, but hate off to Southside for not letting them capitalize. We won't see a better defensive line then the one we saw tonight and you will see a vast difference in play between tonight and against 4A. It was a really good test for Warren and showed me a lot about this team. I do think, however, that our best bet going forward will be with Brown at QB. Had he'd played back there the entire game it could have been a different outcome. We are a completely different team offensively when he is back there. Watch out 8-4A, you will have your hands full with Warren again this year.

Superjack45

Real good game from a 4A school with 34 players -1 when one of your main deep threats get ejected but other than that I am happy with what I saw tonight. Would have loved to have won but with the effort the guys put out tonight shows me a lot, they fought long and hard and didn't quit. Good job Jacks let's look forward to next week and get better as we progress through this year.

Romeo

One of the hardest things to deal with is to work extremely hard and not get anything out of it. Warren played their tails off last night. Unfortunately, depth was the factor again. We were just too tired to put up a strong defensive effort during that last drive and Southside knew it. I saw at one point where Hines lost his shoe and just threw it behind him. Gorman did the best he could do with the pressure he was getting from the Southside defensive line. We'll never see that kind of pass rush this season.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on September 03, 2014, 05:15:54 am
One of the hardest things to deal with is to work extremely hard and not get anything out of it. Warren played their tails off last night. Unfortunately, depth was the factor again. We were just too tired to put up a strong defensive effort during that last drive and Southside knew it. I saw at one point where Hines lost his shoe and just threw it behind him. Gorman did the best he could do with the pressure he was getting from the Southside defensive line. We'll never see that kind of pass rush this season.

I liked the tempo of our go ahead score that resulted in a 91 yard drive TD drive. We looked good.

cuckoobird

My thoughts? Oh wow you guys are showing me some love. I think i told you after your scrimmage that the best thing for warren would be brown and cox on the option. Well, its hard to be humble when youre perfect in every way. Had warren been in that scheme i dont even think this game is close. It would also open up the play action pass for your recievers too. Now, does bo want to win championships or just make games last longer by throwing it all over the field? History would tell us its the latter if you think back to the three little piggie days. Probably could have won a second back to back with the ball in his best athletes hands EVERY play. You cant wait until the final play of the last game of the year and expect to bring home the title. But, i hope you guys use the scheme you started out in against us. All we have to cover is cox and the recievers and dont have to worry about the qb running.....

Jack1990

Man this is tough to say...but I agree with cuckoo. LOL!!

Darveon at QB is our best option.  Haivng both Darveon and Kilay in the backfield gives us such a different look than having Gorman back there.  When the defense has to account for the speed and agility of both Brown and Cox, as well as Brown's ability to complete the occassional pass, I don't see how we can go wrong.  Then you have to cover every receiver as well as two threats in the backfield.

Romeo

I've always thought that Terrez Hampton was just as good of a receiver as Darveon and Jaylon. He proved it last night with those ridiculous catches. I don't think the receivers would miss a beat with Darveon at QB.

cuckoobird

STUNNA

Darveon was the better qb for a game like last night. But remember warren will not see a defensive front like that again. They kept subbing in fresh bodies. Another thing is we had 3 or 4 tipped passes that could have potentially been big plays

LJ06

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 03, 2014, 07:52:20 am
He must be #3

Yes. He was a starter last year until he has hurt against Fayetteville and out for the season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas