• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-4A in 2014

Started by hawgfan15, December 23, 2013, 12:46:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

polksalet

I remember mena fb taunting Greg Washington before the game. What was final score? It's been a day or two.

AirWarren

March 26, 2014, 11:24:48 pm #51 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:30:57 pm by AirWarren
Must be something in the water in Mena then.

Back in 2001, mena people and the players were saying they had a running back that was going to run wild on Warren. Believe his name was Quan Tran or something.

Opening kickoff ensued with him getting the return. Little did he know, Chad Poole was gunning straight for him. Needless to say that was the only running wild he did. Being knocked off his block and taking a trip in the ambulance to Bradley County Medical Center.

True story.

Final score I believe was 49-0

helmethair

Mean has always had mouthy kids with scraggly hair.  Weird

FootBallar21

Quote from: AirWarren on March 26, 2014, 11:24:48 pm

Back in 2001, mena people and the players were saying they had a running back that was going to run wild on Warren. Believe his name was Quan Tran or something.

Opening kickoff ensued with him getting the return. Little did he know, Chad Poole was gunning straight for him. Needless to say that was the only running wild he did. Being knocked off his block and taking a trip in the ambulance to Bradley County Medical Center.

True story.

I may have been the one saying that then on that day,  I was a part of that Mena , team,  and talking about a players injury isn't to smart.   He had a concussion,  and was not knocked out.     the game was close early, but missing our Starting RB,  also our QB, Travis Stanley got a concussion in this game as well.     and that 2001 Warren team was one of the best in 4A history too,  I don't think they had many close games all year.   

FootBallar21

Quote from: polksalet on March 26, 2014, 07:25:59 pm
I remember mena fb taunting Greg Washington before the game. What was final score? It's been a day or two.

Mena's coaching staff changed up the game plan before that game,   and the game was really close at halftime before Nashville pulled away, I still say if those teams played 10 times,   it could of easily been 5-5,    that was Nashville's closest game all season! 

transplant

Quote from: FootBallar21 on April 01, 2014, 01:35:12 pm

Mena's coaching staff changed up the game plan before that game, that was Nashville's closest game all season! 
No, it wasn't.

FootBallar21

Quote from: transplant on April 03, 2014, 09:32:38 am

Mena's coaching staff changed up the game plan before that game, that was Nashville's closest game all season! 
No, it wasn't.

What wasn't ?   

whippersnapper

The mena defensive game plan was changed. Mena want from man coverage and blitz to zone coverage and zone blitzes. Then they switched back to man at half for some reason. And the zone was working

Big Fan

Quote from: FootBallar21 on April 01, 2014, 01:32:58 pm

True story.

I may have been the one saying that then on that day,  I was a part of that Mena , team,  and talking about a players injury isn't to smart.   He had a concussion,  and was not knocked out.     the game was close early, but missing our Starting RB,  also our QB, Travis Stanley got a concussion in this game as well.     and that 2001 Warren team was one of the best in 4A history too,  I don't think they had many close games all year.   
Warren's closest game that year was Monticello (33-32).  The Final of the Mena game was 46-16....AW's memory tends to exaggerate things a little bit. 

AirWarren

46-16/49-0 come on. What's the difference? Those points for mena were probably against 9th graders.

Romeo

Quote from: Big Fan on April 07, 2014, 08:55:20 pm

True story.

Warren's closest game that year was Monticello (33-32).  The Final of the Mena game was 46-16....AW's memory tends to exaggerate things a little bit. 

Score of that game was actually 46-14.

AirWarren

Big fan is aging. Give him a break. I'm just a homer.

transplant

Quote from: FootBallar21 on April 07, 2014, 08:12:01 pm
Quote from: transplant on April 03, 2014, 09:32:38 am

No, it wasn't.

What wasn't ?   

It wasn't Nashville's closest game that season.

The Ashdown game was much closer.

lightsoutlefty

Saw in the paper yesterday where Arkadelphia is looking to install turn before next season if they can get the other half of the $750,000 raised. If they get it done i think we might just have the nicest stadium in 4A if not one of the best in the state. All of this coming just a couple week after the announcement of the 2.8 million dollar baseball and softball fields to be built before next year.

helmethair

Quote from: lightsoutlefty on April 09, 2014, 09:30:55 am
Saw in the paper yesterday where Arkadelphia is looking to install turn before next season if they can get the other half of the $750,000 raised. If they get it done i think we might just have the nicest stadium in 4A if not one of the best in the state. All of this coming just a couple week after the announcement of the 2.8 million dollar baseball and softball fields to be built before next year.
gonna have great facilities but bad teams in a few years

-Mark-

Found this today on the AHSAA website. Not 100% sure if this is finalized, but this could be Fountain Lake's schedule:

9/5/2014 vs. LITTLE ROCK CHRISTIAN ACADEMY         
9/12/2014 vs. JESSIEVILLE HIGH SCHOOL         
9/19/2014 at MAUMELLE HIGH SCHOOL      
9/26/2014 at WALDRON HIGH SCHOOL
10/3/2014 vs. NASHVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
10/10/2014 vs. ARKADELPHIA HIGH SCHOOL
10/17/2014 at BAUXITE HIGH SCHOOL
10/24/2014 at MALVERN HIGH SCHOOL
10/31/2014 vs. MENA HIGH SCHOOL
11/6/2014 at ASHDOWN HIGH SCHOOL

FootBallar21

True story.

the 96 Mena,  Vs Nashville game was Nashville's closest PLayoff game that season,    not Mena vs Warren 2001,   I know we got killed.   the Mena 96 team was one of the best in the last 20 years not to win a State championship!    they were legit.       

HorseFeathers

Quote from: FootBallar21 on April 21, 2014, 09:22:39 pm

True story.

the 96 Mena,  Vs Nashville game was Nashville's closest PLayoff game that season,    not Mena vs Warren 2001,   I know we got killed.   the Mena 96 team was one of the best in the last 20 years not to win a State championship!    they were legit.       

Osceola in the finals played them to a 4 TD game...you lost by 5 td's...

FBfan79

Fountain Lake roster. 53 deep, 17SRs, and small in size.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/fountain-lake-cobras-(hot-springs-national-park,ar)/football/roster.htm

Gonna be a rough start stepping back into the 4A.

HorseFeathers

I think fountain lake will be back to battling for the 4 and 5 seed in this conference. . .

marsh8727

Nashville is gunna be at home on Halloween.. AND playing Malvern.. that would be a game to watch for sure--pumpkin heads always shine on hallows eve.

polksalet

What transplant said. The 96 Ashdown game was one of the best I've ever seen. Ashdown has a small qb that was in the zone and couldn't miss. If
Not for Greg Washington juking their entire secondary at the end Nashville wouldn't have won.

helmethair

Quote from: FBfan79 on May 09, 2014, 01:22:48 am

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/fountain-lake-cobras-(hot-springs-national-park,ar)/football/roster.htm

53 players and only 4 are over 200 pounds?  Wow

Jacketman65

Quote from: helmethair on May 27, 2014, 08:39:39 am

I like the numbers but the size is a little puzzling, only 4 over 200?  Will be a problem

FootBallar21

Quote from: Jacketman65 on May 27, 2014, 10:59:47 pm

I like the numbers but the size is a little puzzling, only 4 over 200?  Will be a problem

That sounds like Mena's problems lately,  they dont' have any size at all.

FBfan79

Quote from: Jacketman65 on May 27, 2014, 10:59:47 pm

Hoping some of them get big over the summer... We were small last year but not this small..

hawgfan15

I am shocked to see such a small roster. I remember Ft Lake as having a bunch of big ole boys on the line. At least that was the case in the mid 2000's

Beaver Fever

They have been small the last 4 or 5 years but very strong and physical

Wahls

July 25, 2014, 07:22:55 pm #78 Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 07:25:07 pm by Wahls
Quote from: cuckoobird on March 21, 2014, 01:32:27 pm
Quote from: HORNET-MAN on March 21, 2014, 01:03:50 pm
Quote from: helmethair on March 21, 2014, 12:26:06 pm
Quote from: HORNET-MAN on March 21, 2014, 10:22:16 am
Kirby Adcock Will help on the OL may start just a (Soph)
Is he one of the recruits from Mineral Springs?
No he was not a recruit.
yeah, they moved him and his parents

This was one of those things that I wasn't supposed to laugh at, but I did. A lot

I do like that stadium.

intruder

Arkadelphia has facilities that are second to none.  Be proud of what you have

LJ06

Seems a lot of teams are going to this after last seasons debacle

Wahls

Arkadelphia's field drains like crap so turf isn't a horrible idea. They really needed a new baseball field as well, and they have a better tax base than most of 4a anyway so it won't kill them to build it.

There are a lot of advantages to being Arkadelphia if they have the talent.

mack truck

Any predictions on the Fordyce vs Mena scrimmage game tomorrow? What does Mena have this year?

hawgfan15

Quote from: mack truck on August 25, 2014, 02:58:46 pm
Any predictions on the Fordyce vs Mena scrimmage game tomorrow? What does Mena have this year?

Mena should be pretty good on the lines this year. A lot of size and a little depth. Their QB is pretty solid but I question the offensive weapons around him. Teams with speed will give them a lot of trouble if they can get past the line of scrimmage.

lightsoutlefty

Don't know what kind of team valley view is this year compared to last year. I didn't make the trip last night to Cabot, but I hear that Arkadelphia looked pretty good in their 41-0 victory in the scrimmage against VV last night. Defense was said to be outstanding.

AirWarren

VV lost somewhere between 20-30 seniors from last year.

3 return on offense.
3 return on defense.

mack truck

I watched the Mena And Fordyce game.Mena has some good sized players. They wasn't afraid to hit hard. Fordyce had speed and there recievers played well. Good game though.The scored ended up being 20-14.Fordyce.

DogsWin7

Sept. 5   Waldron @ Mansfield
Sept. 12  Paris @ Waldron
Sept. 19  Lavaca @ Waldron
Sept. 26  Fountain Lake @ Waldron
Oct. 3      Waldron @ Arkadelphia
Oct. 10    Waldron @ Nashville
Oct. 17    Malvern @ Waldron
Oct. 24    Waldron @ Bauxite
Oct. 31    Ashdown @ Waldron
Nov. 7    Waldron @ Mena   

*according to a Waldron schedule

Apparently Waldron participated in the Jessieville Jamboree on the 26th....any word on that?

marsh8727

Seems every year people talk of it being a 'down' year for the conference, or even "key" teams.. I expect 7-4A to do what it's always done best--kick everyone in the teeth, and come Saturday morning you will know you played a game against 'em.  Good to have some familiar faces back in the crowd, a big welcome back to Fountain Lake and Mena, a lot of history between most of the teams in the conference.. should make for some good games this season, maybe they're not all considered rivals, but you can cut the tension with a knife come that particular Friday night.  Just hoping all the teams make it thru the pre-conference healthy and ready to start the chase for conference!

SUGARTOWN

^^^Who's said anything about the 7-4A being down this year?

cuckoobird

And they havent kicked anyone in the teeth in a few years. Unless we are talking baseball

hogfan10

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 30, 2014, 08:44:00 pm
And they havent kicked anyone in the teeth in a few years. Unless we are talking baseball

I think I might have seen some chicklets on the carpet tonight!

FBfan79

Just for fun... 5 7-4A teams in FF top 20. Yes I know there is a big drop off from the top teams...
And it's only week 1.  First couple games don't mean much for some teams..

1. Arkadelphia
3. Nashville
5. Malvern
13. Ashdown
17. Fountain Lake

helmethair

Quote from: intruder on July 25, 2014, 10:07:40 pm
Arkadelphia has facilities that are second to none.  Be proud of what you have
their gym is awful

cuckoobird

Well it matches sports played in a gym then

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas