• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-4A in 2014

Started by hawgfan15, December 23, 2013, 12:46:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan15

Since LJ06 broke the ice I will get things started for 7-4A.

Next season looks to be a down year for this conference. We welcome Mena, Waldron, and Fountain Lake back to 7-4A. I expect Nashville, Malvern, Arkadelphia, and Ashdown to be the top 4 with Mena and Fountain Lake battling to get in the top 4 and that 5th playoff spot. A lot of unknowns going into the season. Who will rise to the top?

hawgfan15

Nashville returns a lot of production and experience from last year's team. We do lose a few key seniors

OL- Cam Alexander (All State)
OL- Storm Nichols
OL- Blake Hockaday
DE- Trevon Muldrew
DT- Tyler Parker
LB- Kyler Lawrence
LB- Korey Snodgrass
DB- Asher Walker/Eric Perez

Return 8 starters on offense and 6 starters on defense

LJ06

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 23, 2013, 01:03:53 am
Nashville returns a lot of production and experience from last year's team. We do lose a few key seniors

OL- Storm Nichols
OL- Blake Hockaday
DE- Trevon Muldrew
DT- Tyler Parker
LB- Kyler Lawrence
LB- Korey Snodgrass

Losing 3 offensive lineman hurts

LJ06

Also Arkadelphia losing both Howell and Oliver drastically hurts them. That's a ton of offensive production lost.

FBfan79

FL returns quite a few starters.  They lacked in size this past season.  If they don't gain size over the summer, they'll most likely struggle next year.

Returning key players:

Chandler or J Parker - QB/DB
Spoon - RB/LB
Ross - RB/LB
McNeely - WR/S
McCoy - HB/LB
Mitchell - OL/DL

hawgfan15

Quote from: LJ06 on December 23, 2013, 06:15:22 am

OL- Storm Nichols
OL- Blake Hockaday
DE- Trevon Muldrew
DT- Tyler Parker
LB- Kyler Lawrence
LB- Korey Snodgrass

From an experience standpoint it does but talent wise we should be improved. However Cam Alexander was as good a OL as we have had. Big loss but we have a big talented class moving up.

hawgfan15

Quote from: LJ06 on December 23, 2013, 07:38:41 am
Also Arkadelphia losing both Howell and Oliver drastically hurts them. That's a ton of offensive production lost.

Arkadelphia gets hit hard by graduation. They also lose their entire offensive line and best two linebackers. It will be interesting to see who takes over at QB. Kosters will be solid at RB for them. I would think Emmanuel Cooper and Jeff Blake will factor into next years offensive gameplan. Would love to see a good breakdown from one of the Badger posters and what they think about next years team

lightsoutlefty

We should have a good quarterback battle in the spring between Brandon Matros and Jeff Blake. Matros being a strong armed passer, Blake a speed running quarterback you all saw at saftey this season. Arkadelphia SHOULD still be very strong on defense all that we loose is two very good linebackers. Cooper will be a senior and all of our secondary returns. Offense is the question mark. You will likely see Cooper brought into the picture. We saw cooper at running back when Oliver was QB for an injured Howell in 2012. Kosters will be a solid runner, also we have a good So. back. I dont know his name but when we saw him, he showed some good speed and some Kris Oliver like elusiveness. Burnham will be back at WR. Offensive Line play will be the unknown factor for the Badgers.

Absolut

does nashville and watson chapel still play in 2014?

hawgfan15

Quote from: Absolut on December 23, 2013, 02:40:20 pm

Nope not at the moment. That was a two year home and home deal. I am pretty sure Nashville is still looking for a week 3 opponent.

hawgfan15

Ashdown loses a lot from last years team also.

QB- Jake Alexander
WR- Parrish Guillory
WR- Ladarius McElroy
WR/DB- Devaughn Sanders
TE/DE- Ethan Erwin
LB- Kyle Duncan
OL/DL- Cody Delo
OL/DL- Antonio Gulley

Key players back:

QB- Brandon Northcross
RB- Lamontrick Turner
DE- Starnes York

DerekOxford

I think the conference is Nashville's to lose.

I expect Liggin to get a lot better in the offseason and Pettway will be Pettway. Hopkins and Grundy will be formidable in the backfield and isn't Snell back?

LJ06

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 23, 2013, 03:27:19 pm

Nope not at the moment. That was a two year home and home deal. I am pretty sure Nashville is still looking for a week 3 opponent.

Hey we are too! Let's do this!

Absolut

I thought WC/Nashville was a very good series. The teams split 1-1 and both games came down to the wire. I wouldn't mind getting revenge on the scrappers!

hawgfan15

Quote from: LJ06 on December 23, 2013, 05:01:24 pm

I really wish we would. It would be great for both teams

intruder

I really expect the Scrapper defense to be alot better this year.  We lose Muldrow and Parker but I believe Stewart and Hood will be a couple of beasts up front. The secondary will be close to the same, just another year under their belts. LB is still where the questions are

hogdiggity

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 23, 2013, 03:52:06 pm

QB- Jake Alexander
WR- Parrish Guillory
WR- Ladarius McElroy
WR/DB- Devaughn Sanders
TE/DE- Ethan Erwin
LB- Kyle Duncan
OL/DL- Cody Delo
OL/DL- Antonio Gulley

Key players back:

QB- Brandon Northcross
RB- Lamontrick Turner
DE- Starnes York

Ashdown does loose a lot of production and the 2014-15 SR class roster is very small.  We will have a few kids back that didn't play this year for one reason or another that will help, especially d-line.  Our O-line will probably be the biggest I can remember us ever having for the next 2-3 years.  Jared Erwin started to develop into a beast at offensive tackle at the end of the season.  Northcross will move to QB with Turner at RB (1000+ yd rusher this year).  WR position will be small but very quick.  We also have Mecardo Anderson is back at DB, he is our best DB.  York is a beast and is a D1 talent, he is getting a lot of interest. We should be tough but inexperienced next year.  There may even be a 9th grader or two that has to play up by the end of the season, we have some really good players in that class.

tybrit

Malvern is losing 14 boys, but we do have some pretty good kids coming up behind. I hope we do good next year. I won't have a dog in the fight next year, but I will still go anyway to watch my daughter play in the band & support the team. Go Leopards!

hawgfan15

Quote from: tybrit on December 27, 2013, 08:33:39 am
Malvern is losing 14 boys, but we do have some pretty good kids coming up behind. I hope we do good next year. I won't have a dog in the fight next year, but I will still go anyway to watch my daughter play in the band & support the team. Go Leopards!

Malvern does graduate a good group of seniors. Burks and Wright were very good players. There is a lot coming back though including RB Hernandez, WR Bradford, and the QB Collie. A solid group of freshman are moving up. Malvern is going to be very good and will compete for the conference title next year. Preseason top 8 team IMO

Jack1990

Quote from: LJ06 on December 23, 2013, 05:01:24 pm

I would love to see this as a home/home series!  Orange and black all over the field!

intruder

Has anyone heard if Nashville has a week 3 opponent yet?

helmethair

Quote from: hogdiggity on December 26, 2013, 09:08:41 am
Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 23, 2013, 03:52:06 pm

QB- Jake Alexander
WR- Parrish Guillory
WR- Ladarius McElroy
WR/DB- Devaughn Sanders
TE/DE- Ethan Erwin
LB- Kyle Duncan
OL/DL- Cody Delo
OL/DL- Antonio Gulley

Key players back:

QB- Brandon Northcross
RB- Lamontrick Turner
DE- Starnes York

Ashdown does loose a lot of production and the 2014-15 SR class roster is very small.  We will have a few kids back that didn't play this year for one reason or another that will help, especially d-line.  Our O-line will probably be the biggest I can remember us ever having for the next 2-3 years.  Jared Erwin started to develop into a beast at offensive tackle at the end of the season.  Northcross will move to QB with Turner at RB (1000+ yd rusher this year).  WR position will be small but very quick.  We also have Mecardo Anderson is back at DB, he is our best DB.  York is a beast and is a D1 talent, he is getting a lot of interest. We should be tough but inexperienced next year.  There may even be a 9th grader or two that has to play up by the end of the season, we have some really good players in that class.
LOL you do? 

hawgfan15

Quote from: intruder on January 16, 2014, 02:03:40 pm
Has anyone heard if Nashville has a week 3 opponent yet?

No word yet on a week 3 opponent

hawgfan15

Quote from: DerekOxford on December 23, 2013, 04:39:48 pm
I think the conference is Nashville's to lose.

I expect Liggin to get a lot better in the offseason and Pettway will be Pettway. Hopkins and Grundy will be formidable in the backfield and isn't Snell back?

Yep Snell will be a junior. He was named to the all sophomore team a week or two ago.

~WPS~

2014 Nashville Football Schedule

Sept. 5  @ Hope
Sept. 12  vs. De Queen
Sept. 19  vs. Watson Chapel
Sept. 26  vs. Arkadelphia
Oct. 3  @ Fountain Lake
Oct. 10  vs. Waldron
Oct. 17  @ Ashdown
Oct. 24  @ Mena
Oct. 31  vs. Malvern
Nov. 7  @ Bauxite

intruder

I saw the schedule in the Leader, I thought WC had someone else scheduled. Been a good series so far

DerekOxford

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on January 31, 2014, 04:53:55 pm

Sept. 5  @ Hope
Sept. 12  vs. De Queen
Oct. 3  @ Fountain Lake
Oct. 10  vs. Waldron
Oct. 17  @ Ashdown
Oct. 24  @ Mena
Oct. 31  vs. Malvern
Nov. 7  @ Bauxite

Should do no worse then 7-3.

hawgfan15

Quote from: DerekOxford on January 31, 2014, 10:48:52 pm

Sept. 5  @ Hope
Sept. 12  vs. De Queen
Oct. 3  @ Fountain Lake
Oct. 10  vs. Waldron
Oct. 17  @ Ashdown
Oct. 24  @ Mena
Oct. 31  vs. Malvern
Nov. 7  @ Bauxite

I agree, it is a pretty favorable schedule. That Hope game to start the year should be a good one!

hawgfan15

Update on LaMichael Pettway:

Pettway was offered by Alabama today at their junior day. He now holds offers from Nebraska, Ole Miss, and Alabama

helmethair

Quote from: hawgfan15 on January 31, 2014, 11:11:24 pm

Sept. 5  @ Hope
Sept. 12  vs. De Queen
Oct. 3  @ Fountain Lake
Oct. 10  vs. Waldron
Oct. 17  @ Ashdown
Oct. 24  @ Mena
Oct. 31  vs. Malvern
Nov. 7  @ Bauxite

I agree, it is a pretty favorable schedule. That Hope game to start the year should be a good one!
Hope will be down.  Nashville has way more talent than anyone on that schedule.  They lose 3 games and that would be pathetic

hawgfan15

Quote from: helmethair on February 01, 2014, 11:26:59 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on January 31, 2014, 11:11:24 pm

Sept. 5  @ Hope
Sept. 12  vs. De Queen
Oct. 3  @ Fountain Lake
Oct. 10  vs. Waldron
Oct. 17  @ Ashdown
Oct. 24  @ Mena
Oct. 31  vs. Malvern
Nov. 7  @ Bauxite

Hope will be down.  Nashville has way more talent than anyone on that schedule.  They lose 3 games and that would be pathetic

I agree with this also lol

scrapdawgof06

Sept. 5  @ Hope
Sept. 12  vs. De Queen
Oct. 3  @ Fountain Lake
Oct. 10  vs. Waldron
Oct. 17  @ Ashdown
Oct. 24  @ Mena
Oct. 31  vs. Malvern
Nov. 7  @ Bauxite

Gonna be ALOT of Orange and Black running around on Halloween... lol

Wahls

Ashdown, Malvern, and Arkadelphia will all be down. Ft Lake, Mena, and Waldron will be the three cellar dwellers.

So you're pretty much left with Nashville. But they have to figure out something better inside the 10 yard line.

Worst 7-4a conference in awhile.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Wahls on February 22, 2014, 11:27:54 am
Ashdown, Malvern, and Arkadelphia will all be down. Ft Lake, Mena, and Waldron will be the three cellar dwellers.

So you're pretty much left with Nashville. But they have to figure out something better inside the 10 yard line.

Spot on. I think Malvern might surprise us a little but this conference is down for sure.

Orange and Black

OL- Storm Nichols
OL- Blake Hockaday
DE- Trevon Muldrew
DT- Tyler Parker
LB- Kyler Lawrence
LB- Korey Snodgrass

only 1 of those is a loss....the other 2 will not hurt

hawgfan15

Quote from: Orange and Black on March 20, 2014, 02:04:27 pm

OL- Storm Nichols
OL- Blake Hockaday
DE- Trevon Muldrew
DT- Tyler Parker
LB- Kyler Lawrence
LB- Korey Snodgrass

only 1 of those is a loss....the other 2 will not hurt

Exactly how I see it too. We have a few big ole boys ready to step into those positions next year

FootBallar21

Mena is getting better and has made the playoffs every year I believe since it left the old 7-4A,  this 7-4A being weak should give Mena a shot to slip back in to the bottom of the playoffs each year,  and possibly compete for 2nd or 3rd, on good years,   

HORNET-MAN

Kirby Adcock Will help on the OL may start just a (Soph)

~WPS~

Adcock has a bright future. Last I heard he was working as the starting center.

intruder

you might see hood play both ways this year, heard his bench was 325 and 40 was under 5

helmethair

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on March 21, 2014, 10:22:16 am
Is he one of the recruits from Mineral Springs?

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: helmethair on March 21, 2014, 12:26:06 pm
No he was not a recruit.

cuckoobird

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on March 21, 2014, 01:03:50 pm
No he was not a recruit.
yeah, they moved him and his parents

helmethair

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 21, 2014, 01:32:27 pm
Quote from: HORNET-MAN on March 21, 2014, 01:03:50 pm
No he was not a recruit.
yeah, they moved him and his parents
LOL that's what I thought

hawgfan15

He will start next year and will be an animal by his senior year. College potential for sure

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: hawgfan15 on March 21, 2014, 05:46:04 pm

He will start next year and will be an animal by his senior year. College potential for sure
I Agree with all of that.

theunderdog4

Watch out for Mena, they could potentially do some damage with most starters returning and solid back-ups taking the places of seniors. They've been to the playoffs 4 years in a row, and they are looking to extend it to 5.  Coach Harper will have these boys ready to compete.

hawgfan15

Quote from: theunderdog4 on March 24, 2014, 12:35:01 am
Watch out for Mena, they could potentially do some damage with most starters returning and solid back-ups taking the places of seniors. They've been to the playoffs 4 years in a row, and they are looking to extend it to 5.  Coach Harper will have these boys ready to compete.

Good luck, the 4 and 5 seeds are possibilities

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: FootBallar21 on March 20, 2014, 10:43:55 pm

Mena is getting better and has made the playoffs every year I believe since it left the old 7-4A,  this 7-4A being weak should give Mena a shot to slip back in to the bottom of the playoffs each year,  and possibly compete for 2nd or 3rd, on good years,

Way to set high goals!

FootBallar21

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on March 26, 2014, 11:56:47 am
Quote from: FootBallar21 on March 20, 2014, 10:43:55 pm

Way to set high goals!

Well Mena isn't ready today to beat Nashville,   Mena's best season ever is arguable 1996,  finished Undefeated in regular season and even that year, met one of the best 4A teams ever and lost to Nashville in Semis .            shooting for 2nd or 3rd in this conference is nothing to shabby.      down the road anything is possible though.            2 seasons ago,  Mena upset Arkadelphia in the first round of the playoffs I believe they won this conference that season and was the #1 seed.   so yes anything is possible . 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas