• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Excuse Thread

Started by cuckoobird, December 21, 2013, 12:31:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

theman9876

gitrdone

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 21, 2013, 03:00:41 pm
12. Sideline warning

13. Clock running after false start
No. 12 was Improper #use  :)

hawgfan15

Quote from: STUNNA on December 21, 2013, 01:22:03 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 21, 2013, 01:12:37 pm
Quote from: STUNNA on December 21, 2013, 12:11:20 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 21, 2013, 12:08:57 pm
Stunna,  usually yes the nasty rains help.  Throw the lengthy delays in and this time it didn't help.

Would you rather play warren in the conditions like last night or a night with no rain at all?

Rain or shine Booneville's offense wouldn't have changed. Those long drives and domination of time of possession would have been the same. Without the delay Warren would have experienced the same fate as dollarway did early in that game.

If Hembree would have started the game with the game plan he used in the 2nd half then things might have been different. With their initial approach things were on the verge of getting ugly.

I agree boonville would have moved the ball rain or shine. But you can't sit there and tell me that warren drops some of those passes in dry conditions. Nobody here can lie and say that they wouldn't rather play warren in condition like last night especially if you are as run oriented as boonville. And without rain booneville may still beat warren.

Dropped passes are as much about lack of concentration as anything else. They also happen in just about every game at some point. Some in more critical situations than others. Poor decision making in the passing game and poor play calling will get ya in any condition. Warren will have another great shot next year.

Speaking of which, who is going to be the first to start a 2014 thread? Maybe a way too early top 10? Lol We have a long offseason ahead of us!

minerjack

Quote from: STUNNA on December 21, 2013, 02:29:37 pm
Quote from: minerjack2212 on December 21, 2013, 02:27:27 pm
Refs never would have made a difference.  Rain maybe would have on the hold for the extra point.  Hembree really killed the Jacks when he got that second sideline warning.  It killed probably an extra minute and 15 off the clock he would have had.

The clock should never have been running anyways. That happened right after booneville had got a penalty
I was right there when Bo was arguing.  I couldn't tell if he was arguing over Boonevill should have had a loss of down or the clock should be stopped.  Either way.  Due to his sideline warning, it kept the clock rolling.

minerjack

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 21, 2013, 03:44:30 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 21, 2013, 01:12:37 pm
Quote from: STUNNA on December 21, 2013, 12:11:20 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 21, 2013, 12:08:57 pm
Stunna,  usually yes the nasty rains help.  Throw the lengthy delays in and this time it didn't help.

Would you rather play warren in the conditions like last night or a night with no rain at all?

Rain or shine Booneville's offense wouldn't have changed. Those long drives and domination of time of possession would have been the same. Without the delay Warren would have experienced the same fate as dollarway did early in that game.

If Hembree would have started the game with the game plan he used in the 2nd half then things might have been different. With their initial approach things were on the verge of getting ugly.

I agree boonville would have moved the ball rain or shine. But you can't sit there and tell me that warren drops some of those passes in dry conditions. Nobody here can lie and say that they wouldn't rather play warren in condition like last night especially if you are as run oriented as boonville. And without rain booneville may still beat warren.

Dropped passes are as much about lack of concentration as anything else. They also happen in just about every game at some point. Some in more critical situations than others. Poor decision making in the passing game and poor play calling will get ya in any condition. Warren will have another great shot next year.

Speaking of which, who is going to be the first to start a 2014 thread? Maybe a way too early top 10? Lol We have a long offseason ahead of us!
Warren receivers shouldn't have been wearing gloves in the rain.  Stupid decision.

STUNNA

Quote from: minerjack2212 on December 21, 2013, 03:56:50 pm
Refs never would have made a difference.  Rain maybe would have on the hold for the extra point.  Hembree really killed the Jacks when he got that second sideline warning.  It killed probably an extra minute and 15 off the clock he would have had.

The clock should never have been running anyways. That happened right after booneville had got a penalty
I was right there when Bo was arguing.  I couldn't tell if he was arguing over Boonevill should have had a loss of down or the clock should be stopped.  Either way.  Due to his sideline warning, it kept the clock rolling.

On an offensive penalty the clock is supposed to stop and it didn't that Is why he was on the field arguing and it ended up getting him the penalty.

ScrapperMan

No one is going to mention that it was a another failed 2 point conversion?

cuckoobird

14. Should have worn gloves. (The radio said they had them on but after dropping passes removed them)

15. Failed kick and two point conversion

cuckoobird

Btw how do you pronounce bo's name? Embree , himbree, or hombre?

Big Fan

But you can't sit there and tell me that warren drops some of those passes in dry conditions.
I have seen them drop passes in VERY dry conditions.  Keeping names out of it, one of them can make ESPN breath-taking catches then drop one I could catch. 

Booneville would have won this game regardless of conditions. 

minerjack

Quote from: ScrapperMan on December 21, 2013, 04:27:48 pm
No one is going to mention that it was a another failed 2 point conversion?
I don't think it was a big factor.  I mean, it was.  But it never should have had to come to that.  They stopped Warren clearly three yards from the goal line.  I don't think it was as big a play as the PAT missed.  If the PAT wasn't missed then Warren never would have had to gone for two. 

dc24

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 21, 2013, 11:40:26 am
Like I said earlier, if this game doesn't get stopped due to the weather, it gets ugly.

I disagree.  I think we proved we could have run the ball at will in the second half, had it been raining or not.  It gets ugly for Booneville if the game is played on a dry field.  Two can play that game.

The refs were terrible.  Call it an excuse or what, but as far as I'm concerned, it's a fact.  Don't expect anyone from Booneville to admit that though.

cuckoobird

Isnt funny that after every loss the losing team complains of refs? Honestly last year i saw some pretty bad calls in some of the games stuttgart won and hated for the other team. Simple fact is officials are human and make mistakes. By the buzz announcers that last PI called against booneville was questionable

dc24

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 21, 2013, 05:19:52 pm
Isnt funny that after every loss the losing team complains of refs? Honestly last year i saw some pretty bad calls in some of the games stuttgart won and hated for the other team. Simple fact is officials are human and make mistakes. By the buzz announcers that last PI called against booneville was questionable

Every team will always point at calls that were questionable and there are usually some in every game that can go against both.  My issue with the refs was that they seemed to call everything against Warren, most of which were correct in my judgment, but they didn't call anything against Booneville, and it was obvious they had several that should have been called.  The clock running thing too was unacceptable and shouldn't happen.  On the PI call on the last drive, the Booneville defender came through the back of our receiver, and although it was close to being the same time the ball arrived, it was slightly early.  There was a pass play before that where they could have called PI on them, but didn't.

If Warren would have been getting the calls last night, I'd be the first to tell you, win or lose, but that's just not what happened.  Not even close really.

Ark

December 21, 2013, 05:41:49 pm #64 Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 06:32:31 pm by Ark
I have just read over the comments. There are more excuses why Booneville only won by 2 points than why Warren lost. The excuses were by cuck & others to rub salt in the wound of some high school players and adult fans. As far as the weather goes, Booneville won 14-0 in the rain. Warren won 12-0 after it stopped raining. Duh!

dc24

Quote from: Ark on December 21, 2013, 05:41:49 pm
I have just read over the comments. There are more excuses why Booneville only won by 2 points that why Warren lost. The excuses were by cuck & others to rub salt in the wound of some high school players and adult fans. As far as the weather goes, Booneville won 14-0 in the rain. Warren won 12-0 after it stopped raining. Duh!

Haha that sums it up pretty good right there!

cuckoobird

December 21, 2013, 06:20:35 pm #66 Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 06:22:40 pm by cuckoobird
Most fans cant be objective about officiating against their own team so yes im sure you felt that way.

@ark . Only one reason has been given by me and others of why the game could have been worse. MOMENTUM. The delay changed momentum but thats fine. Anything can change momentum at any point in the game. And let me ask you too since no one else has answered. Why would any team run an offense that only works well in dry conditions? Btw, if warren had won , those turds from down there would have been much worse than any other fans. They just tucked their tails and run. Look who started the arkie excuse thread and things that were said on it along with the warren /arkie game thread. Then judge others like you do warren fans

STUNNA

I don't think the delays killed that much momentum. After both delays boonville came back and continued to move the ball at will but could not put it in the end zone.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: STUNNA on December 21, 2013, 04:08:10 pm

On an offensive penalty the clock is supposed to stop and it didn't that Is why he was on the field arguing and it ended up getting him the penalty.
No. If the clock is running and the offense commits a penalty, the clock runs on the refs signal. That is to prevent an offense from false starting just to stop the clock.

Jacketman65

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 21, 2013, 06:49:00 pm
Thank you Eddie, that's what I thought , once the ball is set for play, the clock starts - even the radio guys had it wrong, however they weren't very good anyway.

No. If the clock is running and the offense commits a penalty, the clock runs on the refs signal. That is to prevent an offense from false starting just to stop the clock.

Super jack

that's the problem you wasn't there to see it,one ref called incomplete and another one threw the flag so you tell me what was questionable about that. The one that called incomplete was right on top of the play but didn't call anything.Thats just how it happen,not complaining Bville won as far as I am conserned and you as a player shouldn't allow the refs to dictate the game win it on the field and it will take care of itself.

Jacketman65

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 21, 2013, 06:49:00 pm
/Thank you Eddie that is what I thought, once the ball is placed for play , the clock starts.

Ark

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 21, 2013, 06:20:35 pm
Most fans cant be objective about officiating against their own team so yes im sure you felt that way.

@ark . Only one reason has been given by me and others of why the game could have been worse. MOMENTUM. The delay changed momentum but thats fine. Anything can change momentum at any point in the game. And let me ask you too since no one else has answered. Why would any team run an offense that only works well in dry conditions? Btw, if warren had won , those turds from down there would have been much worse than any other fans. They just tucked their tails and run. Look who started the arkie excuse thread and things that were said on it along with the warren /arkie game thread. Then judge others like you do warren fans
Cuck's excuse for Booneville: Momentum lost during the delay.
Momentum: Booneville did not lose momentum from 20 yard line to the 20 yard line. Warren found a way to stop them in the red zone.
Warren's offense: Warren has a balanced offense. Warren won this year by passing and running. Came up two points short because of a missed extra point.  Warren made as many touchdowns as Booneville.

Jacketman65

I will try this for the third time, for some reason dumb thing won't show my quote below someone else's.  But, thank you Eddie for the clarification, that was what I thought, Once the ball is set for play the clock is started.  Even the radio guys messed that up, but they weren't very good either.

arklasports57

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 21, 2013, 06:20:35 pm

I've kept my mouth shut about that because I want to give Boonesville the glory for winning the state title and not stir too much up right now.....BUT, yep they jabbed and provoked us relentlously after that game even after we congratulated them.  Have lost all respect for their posts going forward.  I may be new to the board but plan on staying awhile even if we didn't win a title. How many times did we hear the Arkie fans would disappear after they lost???

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 21, 2013, 07:25:48 pm
I will try this for the third time, for some reason dumb thing won't show my quote below someone else's.  But, thank you Eddie for the clarification, that was what I thought, Once the ball is set for play the clock is started.  Even the radio guys messed that up, but they weren't very good either.
That's the rule. It cost HWH against PA a few years back at WMS too.

I had this very conversation with a white hat this year when I had to fill in and run the clock one Friday night. If the offense commits a penalty and the clock was running, the clock will be wound when the ball is set for play and the ref signals.

cuckoobird

Jacketman your post is showing up but its just at the top of everything instead of the bottom. Im going to come up there and give you class on this. Lol

TSW

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 21, 2013, 07:40:25 pm

I had this very conversation with a white hat this year when I had to fill in and run the clock one Friday night. If the offense commits a penalty and the clock was running, the clock will be wound when the ball is set for play and the ref signals.

Eddie I thought the radio said it was a dead ball before the snap and they blew whistle for a false start ? If that is the case the clock should not have started after the penalty .

STUNNA

Quote from: TSW on December 21, 2013, 08:39:42 pm

Eddie I thought the radio said it was a dead ball before the snap and they blew whistle for a false start ? If that is the case the clock should not have started after the penalty .

It was a dead ball before the snap

TSW

Quote from: STUNNA on December 21, 2013, 08:42:49 pm

Should not of started unless that rule has been changed since I got out of ref-ing a few years ago .

Jacketman65

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 21, 2013, 08:11:40 pm
Jacketman your post is showing up but its just at the top of everything instead of the bottom. Im going to come up there and give you class on this. Lol
Stupid computer, I know that I'm smarter than that ha!

Eddie Goodson

If it was a dead ball, it was an error to wind the clock.

What was the previous play? Run, pass, incomplete pass, tackle out of bounds?

Big Fan

Quote from: Super jack on December 21, 2013, 07:13:55 pm
that's the problem you wasn't there to see it,one ref called incomplete and another one threw the flag so you tell me what was questionable about that. The one that called incomplete was right on top of the play but didn't call anything.Thats just how it happen,not complaining Bville won as far as I am conserned and you as a player shouldn't allow the refs to dictate the game win it on the field and it will take care of itself.
Your beaching is beginning to "consern" me....lol. 

TSW

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 21, 2013, 08:47:00 pm

I actually thought it was coming out of a timeout but might be mistaken. Was listening on radio

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: TSW on December 21, 2013, 08:48:49 pm
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 21, 2013, 08:47:00 pm

I actually thought it was coming out of a timeout but might be mistaken. Was listening on radio
If that is the case, it would be a case in which, "Bo knows the rules."

cuckoobird

It was coming out of timeout. Then an offsides penalty then the false start penalty. After the false start is the clock running in question

TSW

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 21, 2013, 09:07:25 pm
It was coming out of timeout. Then an offsides penalty then the false start penalty. After the false start is the clock running in question
no. Can't start until a play actually has been run

Jacketman65

Quote from: TSW on December 21, 2013, 09:08:49 pm
So what you are saying is that the O can jump offsides to stop the clock?

STUNNA

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 21, 2013, 09:12:58 pm
Boonville came out of timeout. Warren jumped off sides. Next play false start clock kept running bo yells at ref because clock should have never started bo got flagged while the clock was still going

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: STUNNA on December 21, 2013, 09:20:31 pm
Boonville came out of timeout. Warren jumped off sides. Next play false start clock kept running bo yells at ref because clock should have never started bo got flagged while the clock was still going
Bo has a case.

You may disagree with the ref calling illegal shift instead of false start but their execution of the penalty was correct.  Illegal shift is a live ball foul and the clock would start at the ready after the mark off.  False start is a dead ball foul.

STUNNA

And warren could have used that extra minute at the end of the game

cuckoobird

I wasnt there but radio guys said false start

Jacketman65

Warren had the ball - correct?

STUNNA

Either way it was after a timeout and a warren off sides

STUNNA

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 21, 2013, 09:26:01 pm
Warren had the ball - correct?

Boonville on there last possession

cuckoobird

On 3rd down if memory serves correct

TSW

Quote from: STUNNA on December 21, 2013, 09:27:12 pm
Either way it was after a timeout and a warren off sides

It does make a difference if the 1st penalty was a false start ( dead ball ) or a illegal shift ( live ball ).  If the clock should have keep running or not. 

TSW

We'll they can jump offsides to stop clock but if was a running clock before snap the clock will start upon ref spotting the ball and starting play again

cuckoobird

The first penalty was off sides on defense. Second penalty was either false start or illegal shift

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas