• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Excuse Thread

Started by cuckoobird, December 21, 2013, 12:31:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacketman65

Either way it doesn't matter.  If Boonville and Charleston are in same conf. next year things could get interesting. Charley town just kicked the you know what out of Glenn Rose.

TSW

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 21, 2013, 09:37:06 pm
The first penalty was off sides on defense. Second penalty was either false start or illegal shift

What I'm saying is. It does make a difference on which one of those penalty was called ,   
Example. If the played continued and the team w ball  fumbled and the def had a chance to recover.   It would be considered live.  Clock starts on reset

Ex 2.  Ball was called dead as soon as penalty happen. Dead ball  clock doesn't start on reset

cuckoobird

I dont know which was called. Radio said false start.

TSW

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 21, 2013, 09:47:10 pm
I dont know which was called. Radio said false start.

That's what I heard. Also

STUNNA

I don't think a play was ran. I think it was blown dead

Jacketman65

T, maybe you should put the stripes on then.

cuckoobird

December 21, 2013, 09:53:53 pm #106 Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 09:55:46 pm by cuckoobird
@jacketfan. I dont think they allow walkers or wheel chairs on the field! Lmbo he will get that but you wont

TSW

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 21, 2013, 09:50:49 pm

Jacket I did for 10 years.  Listening to FF I would be afraid to anymore.  Lol

TSW

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 21, 2013, 09:53:53 pm
@jacketfan. I dont think they allow walkers or wheel chairs on the field! Lmbo he will get that but you wont

Haha. Just saw this  cuck.  Yea my new metal hip will not let me go up and down the field very well these days. But I did enjoy it .

Jacketman65

Quote from: TSW on December 21, 2013, 09:55:05 pm

Well you know what we call that!

TSW

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 21, 2013, 10:04:33 pm

OLD

Jacketman65

Quote from: TSW on December 21, 2013, 10:06:09 pm

So.  Want to see interesting - go to 3A board.  More reffing may come into the conversation.
OLD

TSW

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 21, 2013, 10:10:30 pm

So.  Want to see interesting - go to 3A board.  More reffing may come into the conversation.
OLD

Been listening. Sounds like a kid needs his a// whooped for acting that way. Whether he swung / hit / missed. Don't matter   Very bad

Jacketman65

Quote from: TSW on December 21, 2013, 10:13:15 pm
Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 21, 2013, 10:10:30 pm

OLD

Been listening. Sounds like a kid needs his a// whooped for acting that way. Whether he swung / hit / missed. Don't matter   Very bad
Ya, bring the bum and daddy to 4A

dc24

December 22, 2013, 04:19:03 am #114 Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 04:29:08 am by dc24
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 21, 2013, 06:49:00 pm
Quote from: STUNNA on December 21, 2013, 04:08:10 pm
Quote from: minerjack2212 on December 21, 2013, 03:56:50 pm
Quote from: STUNNA on December 21, 2013, 02:29:37 pm
Quote from: minerjack2212 on December 21, 2013, 02:27:27 pm
Refs never would have made a difference.  Rain maybe would have on the hold for the extra point.  Hembree really killed the Jacks when he got that second sideline warning.  It killed probably an extra minute and 15 off the clock he would have had.

The clock should never have been running anyways. That happened right after booneville had got a penalty
I was right there when Bo was arguing.  I couldn't tell if he was arguing over Boonevill should have had a loss of down or the clock should be stopped.  Either way.  Due to his sideline warning, it kept the clock rolling.

On an offensive penalty the clock is supposed to stop and it didn't that Is why he was on the field arguing and it ended up getting him the penalty.
No. If the clock is running and the offense commits a penalty, the clock runs on the refs signal. That is to prevent an offense from false starting just to stop the clock.

What happened was, we had called a timeout.  There's an offside penalty so clock never started.  Then they call an illegal shift penalty and a play is ran.  Where the confusion happened was that the illegal shift should have been a false start, so the play should have never been allowed to happen, therefore the clock would have never started.  But since illegal shift was called, the play continued and after Booneville got a first down, we accepted the penalty and the clock kept running.  The refs messed it up one way or another.  We virtually lost a timeout in a way because we didn't get any benefit of it on the third down play.  We should have had another 30 or so seconds on the clock when we got the ball back after the turnover on downs.

The reason it should have been a false start was because the running back on the right of the formation jumped, basically flinched like an offensive lineman, but honestly I don't think the ref was going to call it until our sideline exploded, so instead of blowing the play dead he just let it go and called illegal shift.  It was obviously a false start and not an illegal shift.  So we got kind of hosed in a way, but had he not called it the resulting play would have been a first down.

cuckoobird

Question for a ref. if you have a man in motion and someone else jumps, is it illegal shift or false start?

SUGARTOWN

December 22, 2013, 09:31:08 am #116 Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 10:01:20 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: Ark on December 21, 2013, 05:41:49 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on December 21, 2013, 05:19:52 pm
Isnt funny that after every loss the losing team complains of refs? Honestly last year i saw some pretty bad calls in some of the games stuttgart won and hated for the other team. Simple fact is officials are human and make mistakes. By the buzz announcers that last PI called against booneville was questionable
I have just read over the comments. There are more excuses why Booneville only won by 2 points than why Warren lost. The excuses were by cuck & others to rub salt in the wound of some high school players and adult fans. As far as the weather goes, Booneville won 14-0 in the rain. Warren won 12-0 after it stopped raining. Duh!

I thought it rained the entire game? At least it did where I was about 5 miles away.

OLDSCHOOL82

Stopped raining after the last lightning delay that occurred with 5 min left in the 3rd.

george7244

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 22, 2013, 07:58:20 am
Question for a ref. if you have a man in motion and someone else jumps, is it illegal shift or false start?
illegal shift.  live ball foul.  penalized 5yds from previous spot if penalty is accepted.  if clock was not running then it will start on the snap after the penalthy otherwise clock does  start on the ready for play

cuckoobird

So in essence it doesnt matter which call was made. The clock should never have run

skydog

No more excuses. Everyone at the game knows booneville would've been up 21 at half without the delay. Warren would've laid down after that rain or shine.

TSW

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 22, 2013, 04:13:57 pm
So in essence it doesnt matter which call was made. The clock should never have run

If it was a shift the clock would start. If false start it does not .

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: skydog on December 22, 2013, 05:46:53 pm
No more excuses. Everyone at the game knows booneville would've been up 21 at half without the delay. Warren would've laid down after that rain or shine.
Bullfeathers. Lay down is something Warren simply doesn't know how to do.

redeye819

Quote from: ScrapperMan on December 21, 2013, 04:27:48 pm
No one is going to mention that it was a another failed 2 point conversion?
Failed then, failed now.......pure pressure.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 22, 2013, 08:13:58 pm

Warren would not have laid down, but their D was absolutely gassed right before the first delay. It would've been 21-0 at half without a doubt. And with a 3 TD deficit, Warren most likely would've never started running the ball, which is how they had the most success moving the ball and ultimately scoring.

I think the rain really helped Booneville, but the delays did not. This game was a lot closer than it could've been.

SUGARTOWN

December 22, 2013, 08:44:20 pm #125 Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 08:47:42 pm by SUGARTOWN
Sure is quiet on here with the Warren guys gone......

Or maybe they just all moved to the basketball board, lol.

hogfan10

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 22, 2013, 08:44:20 pm

I'm surprised AW hasn't at least come by to pick up his ring. He seemed to be so proud of it a few weeks back.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 22, 2013, 08:50:31 pm

I'm surprised AW hasn't at least come by to pick up his ring. He seemed to be so proud of it a few weeks back.

LJ's online reading, just not posting I guess. AW's probably still in a deep state of depression though. 

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 22, 2013, 08:54:25 pm
Quote from: hogfan10 on December 22, 2013, 08:50:31 pm

LJ's online reading, just not posting I guess. AW's probably still in a deep state of depression though. 

Just letting you all get your jabs in. Most of them have just made me laugh honestly.

SUGARTOWN

Been saving the good ones for when AW comes back. I didn't really figure you would go anywhere...

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 22, 2013, 08:59:28 pm
Been saving the good ones for when AW comes back. I didn't really figure you would go anywhere...

Nah I'm still here I just don't post as much in the off season.

LJ06

And AW will back he's just taking some time off.

hogfan10

Is it just me, or did I have a post removed?

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 22, 2013, 09:11:03 pm
You post profanity bypassing the censor again you'll have more than a post removed.

STUNNA

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 22, 2013, 08:29:39 pm
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 22, 2013, 08:13:58 pm

Warren would not have laid down, but their D was absolutely gassed right before the first delay. It would've been 21-0 at half without a doubt. And with a 3 TD deficit, Warren most likely would've never started running the ball, which is how they had the most success moving the ball and ultimately scoring.

I think the rain really helped Booneville, but the delays did not. This game was a lot closer than it could've been.

There is no way to tell if it would have been 21-0. Like I said even after the delays you guys were moving the ball very well but still could not put it in the end zone

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LJ06 on December 22, 2013, 09:04:55 pm

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have taken any time off if the Lumberjacks had won, he's just a sore loser.

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 22, 2013, 09:28:01 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on December 22, 2013, 09:04:55 pm

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have taken any time off if the Lumberjacks had won, he's just a sore loser.

Probably not, but not my place to say. He congratulated Booneville at least. Tough loss for us to take. I think I'd rather just had our butts handed to us then suffer yet another championship loss like that.

hogfan10

December 22, 2013, 09:34:53 pm #137 Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 10:11:02 pm by hogfan10
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 22, 2013, 09:17:37 pm
Quote from: hogfan10 on December 22, 2013, 09:11:03 pm
You post profanity bypassing the censor again you'll have more than a post removed.

Gotcha, pretty sure I've seen others do the exact same thing though. I guess I'll use the words dung and keister next time I feel the need to be profane!

And by the way, strategically using an *, -, $, etc. in the spelling of a word isn't done to bypass anything, it is done to censor the word being used. Newspapers do it all the time when quoting someone.

Romeo

The loss on Friday still hurts. Those were a great group of Warren seniors. I made sure to let some know on social media how much I appreciated their hard work and thanked them for representing Warren well. Some people are saying Warren would have folded easily if not for the delays, but I'm not sure how you can honestly say that when the defense had 5 4th down stops inside their own territory.

Ark

You just made an excuse for Boonville.

STUNNA

Quote from: Romeo on December 22, 2013, 09:40:59 pm
The loss on Friday still hurts. Those were a great group of Warren seniors. I made sure to let some know on social media how much I appreciated their hard work and thanked them for representing Warren well. Some people are saying Warren would have folded easily if not for the delays, but I'm not sure how you can honestly say that when the defense had 5 4th down stops inside their own territory.

I have been trying to say this.

OLDSCHOOL82

I don't even know where some of these posters are coming from and which or even if they support one team or the other.  Bottom line,  booneville is state champs and a very good warren team is runner up.  The way the game played out with all the variables makes many, many different scenarios/what ifs possible.

Ark

Well said Romeo. Also, Warren was moving the ball well when about 30 seconds were taken from them on that last drive.

hogfan10

Quote from: Ark on December 22, 2013, 09:45:49 pm
Well said Romeo. Also, Warren was moving the ball well when about 30 seconds were taken from them on that last drive.

Is that an excuse?

LJ06

Very special Senior class. Losing each ones will hurt for next year. Drake is going to be the toughest to replace, but I still think the one guy nobody really talked about on defense that will be sorely missed is Odis Miller. Huge playmaker for us this year in the secondary.

cuckoobird

I didnt know the winning team needed excuses

nastynice

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 22, 2013, 09:45:06 pm
I don't even know where some of these posters are coming from and which or even if they support one team or the other.  Bottom line,  booneville is state champs and a very good warren team is runner up.  The way the game played out with all the variables makes many, many different scenarios/what ifs possible.
OLDSCHOOL82 is right!! Most all these posters rubbing it in aren't from Booneville.

Things happened to both sides!! It all boils down to 2 plays:

1. Failed 2 pt conversion

2. Pass completion for a 1st down with 4 min left. We dont get that 1st down    Warren gets the ball back with 4 min and 3 timeouts left.

rattlerfan17

I think they're just saying that if there weren't any rain delays, Warren may not have stopped Bville on some of those drives. Booneville's O works by wearing down the defense and grinding it out. Right before both delays, Warrens guys looked rocked. Started to be slow to get up after every play. That's just how Booneville's offense works. When the D gets tired, it's easier for them to punch it in in the red zone. No rain delays, Warren gets tired, Booneville goes up 2 or 3 more touchdowns. I think the fact that Warren held Booneville to only 14 points is a testament to that.

Ladyjack

I thought women were bad but this board brings out the worst in you fellas!!! The game is over the Bearcats won and again I say great job!!! I am proud of my Lumberjacks we had an amazing season! Now all of this back and forth with you grown men as we would say to the players leave it on the field/ leave it in the stands! I know this maybe had to do when many maybe vicariously living life through these young men. :) Encourage a returning player and get ready for next season! Don't forget these young men have pages too and they are watching you guys! Merry Christmas FF!!!!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ladyjack on December 23, 2013, 08:54:08 am
I thought women were bad but this board brings out the worst in you fellas!!! The game is over the Bearcats won and again I say great job!!! I am proud of my Lumberjacks we had an amazing season! Now all of this back and forth with you grown men as we would say to the players leave it on the field/ leave it in the stands! I know this maybe had to do when many maybe vicariously living life through these young men. :) Encourage a returning player and get ready for next season! Don't forget these young men have pages too and they are watching you guys! Merry Christmas FF!!!!

I can only imagine what it would be like if you moms had a beauty pageant board. It would be ten times worse than this board ever has been. Pageant moms are the worst, lol. :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas