• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 State Championship: Cabot vs Bentonville

Started by Brian G, November 29, 2013, 09:49:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdahill

spoof1530

They have tried it three times this year including Friday night againt NLR, and none of them worked.

Razorback Red

Quote from: voiceofthepanthers on November 30, 2013, 05:24:14 am
Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 29, 2013, 09:55:39 pm
We're scared of Cabot.

Don't worry, so is Chuck Norris.  Should be a good game. Just hope both teams play to their potential. There are a lot of sub plots to this game. Good luck to both and here's to a great game.

As a Cabot fan, I'm surprised that you want both teams to play to their potential.  You really need Bville to play like they did against Conway.  If they do, it will be a battle.  But if Bvile plays to their potential (like against SS) they will win by a couple of TD's. 

I think Cabot will need some help in this one, which is very possible.  Bville is very penalty-prone this year (what kept Conway in the game).  If Bville has penalties and a TO or 2, I expect Cabot to win a close game. 

If Bville limits the penalties and takes care of the ball, I think they win by 14. 

I'll go somewhere in the middle and say Bville by ten, 31-21. 

OPoraquê

Funny thing, each with 12 games, Cabot and Bennie have each allowed only 174 points to be scored on them this season.

Cabot is scoring 4.9 more ppg than Bentonville.

This is going to be a great game.  The Bennie announcers said that Cabot reminded them (in style) of Euless Trinity (no offense dpaul, elswagado, texas) so that bodes ill for the Tigers.  But, that's why we play the games.

CabotAlum

The Guard Around play as used in the past is now an illegal play.

Malham has used a variation of this play many times in the last few years.

As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he used it the last play of the half against NLR on Friday night but NLR sniffed it out and the back was unable to pick the ball up and gain anything.

Earl is my Hero!!

Apparently, Coach Mahlhan (sp?) called Lunney to let him know just how good the Panthers are. Thanks coach...

CabotAlum

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on December 02, 2013, 10:34:34 am
Apparently, Coach Mahlhan (sp?) called Lunney to let him know just how good the Panthers are. Thanks coach...

As in Benji Malhan...... Mountain Home's coach?

panthers r us

^^^^ Hahahahahahahahaha.  I'm not sure Malham even knows how to use a phone; you know, he IS a little behind the times...LOL.

B2 Stealth Bomber

Earl you screwed up everybody with this one. 

One panther thinks it was Coach MAHAN from MH

the other says that Malham cant use a phone   ;D

Coach Alley

I'm hearing the AAA may push the game back to Sunday.

Earl is my Hero!!

panthers r us

7AFBFAN

If Bennie scores first will they onside kick the rest of the half so Cabot won't be able to get the ball?

Baitshop

Quote from: MRPRFCT on December 02, 2013, 12:24:37 pm

Pfffft....ain't nobody gonna miss the Cowboy game to watch Cabot....

DerekOxford

Quote from: Baitshop on December 02, 2013, 01:12:28 pm
Quote from: MRPRFCT on December 02, 2013, 12:24:37 pm

Pfffft....ain't nobody gonna miss the Cowboy game to watch Cabot....

Cowboys don't play until Monday night against da Bears...

Lions84

NLR4Eva

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on December 02, 2013, 01:11:05 pm
If Bennie scores first will they onside kick the rest of the half so Cabot won't be able to get the ball?

NEVER give Cabot a short field. Their offense will grind you out. I'll be rooting for Bville in this one, but if they can't stop Launius then Cabot wins by 10. If the defense from Bville is as good as the posters on this board claim it to be I can see it going either way. I'll take Cabot by 3.

searcy12

Quote from: searcy86 on December 01, 2013, 10:24:22 am
Quote from: searcy12 on December 01, 2013, 09:20:47 am
I think Cabot wins by 7
Did Searcy give Cabot all they want in the first half of their game this year?  When I played in the 80's, Cabot was the one team we always got up for.  They were a classification ahead of us but that was the team we always wanted.
this isn't about searcy getting be now or when you played. This about Bentoville and Cabot and I believe Cabot will win by 7.

voiceofthepanthers

Quote from: Razorback Red on December 01, 2013, 05:44:25 pm
Quote from: voiceofthepanthers on November 30, 2013, 05:24:14 am
Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 29, 2013, 09:55:39 pm
We're scared of Cabot.

Don't worry, so is Chuck Norris.  Should be a good game. Just hope both teams play to their potential. There are a lot of sub plots to this game. Good luck to both and here's to a great game.

As a Cabot fan, I'm surprised that you want both teams to play to their potential.  You really need Bville to play like they did against Conway.  If they do, it will be a battle.  But if Bvile plays to their potential (like against SS) they will win by a couple of TD's. 

I think Cabot will need some help in this one, which is very possible.  Bville is very penalty-prone this year (what kept Conway in the game).  If Bville has penalties and a TO or 2, I expect Cabot to win a close game. 

If Bville limits the penalties and takes care of the ball, I think they win by 14. 

I'll go somewhere in the middle and say Bville by ten, 31-21. 

Why would I not want Bentonville at their best? Just like they want us at their best. You want to beat your opponent at their best and not the opposite.

businesstron

I think Bentonville wins easily.  Their defense always play good against these old running offenses like West Memphis and Cabot.   The weather will have to play a huge factor for the game to even be close.

searcy86

Quote from: searcy12 on December 02, 2013, 02:25:11 pm
I think Cabot wins by 7
Did Searcy give Cabot all they want in the first half of their game this year?  When I played in the 80's, Cabot was the one team we always got up for.  They were a classification ahead of us but that was the team we always wanted.
this isn't about searcy getting be now or when you played. This about Bentoville and Cabot and I believe Cabot will win by 7.
Someone from Searcy cheering for Cabot?? Wow, you must enjoy those beatings these days then.  Guess you don't consider them a rival since u can't beat them anymore.  Good luck with your good ole buddies in Cabot, you will need it.

searcy12

December 03, 2013, 01:04:57 am #71 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:18:38 am by searcy12
Quote from: searcy86 on December 03, 2013, 12:24:46 am
Quote from: searcy12 on December 02, 2013, 02:25:11 pm
I think Cabot wins by 7
Someone from Searcy cheering for Cabot?? Wow, you must enjoy those beatings these days then.  Guess you don't consider them a rival since u can't beat them anymore.  Good luck with your good ole buddies in Cabot, you will need it.

I didn't say anything about wanting them to win. Just said I think they will. I hope it's a good game, because ill be there to watch. Sorry you are still living in your highschool days.

Billyo62

December 03, 2013, 12:02:21 pm #72 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 12:04:31 pm by Billyo62
Never seen this Cabot school actually play. What I've heard is their colors are Pink and Gray and that's why up north they are known as the Pink Panthers. I understand their coach was hired the same year color TV became available to the public and he is still rocking the rotary dial telephone in his kitchen at home. I'm sure Eminem as coach of the Cabbage Patch Pink Panthers believes the Tigers that live up close to Yankee land are soft and coach Scary Lunney won all those titles over the years with smoke and mirrors and don't know real football from the Knute Rockne era. I can just hear the banter on the Cabbage patch sideline in the second half... " Coach, they ain't doin what their supposed to, this ain't real football, it ain't fair"   ;)

xtremewildcat

I did read somewhere that Billy was asked what did he think about Cabot and he said "never heard of them".
That true?

Billyo62

Quote from: xtremewildcat on December 03, 2013, 12:12:14 pm
I did read somewhere that Billy was asked what did he think about Cabot and he said "never heard of them".
That true?
Yes, but now they got to the rock, I used the Googles!  ;)

Baitshop

Quote from: NLR4Eva on December 02, 2013, 01:46:20 pm

NEVER give Cabot a short field.

Actually, according to this video, the odds are in favor of Bennie having the short field....

Brian G

4:00 today the AAA will make an announcement.

OPoraquê

NLR4Eva

Quote from: Baitshop on December 03, 2013, 06:02:42 pm
Quote from: NLR4Eva on December 02, 2013, 01:46:20 pm

NEVER give Cabot a short field.

Actually, according to this video, the odds are in favor of Bennie having the short field....

What year is it again?

Okay.

voiceofthepanthers

Friday the 13th. Everything pushed back a week.

Coach Alley

who is the home team? Who will be wearing white?

Earl is my Hero!!

Coach Alley

nine4me04u

December 06, 2013, 01:01:07 pm #83 Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 01:03:03 pm by nine4me04u
BHS , '08 and '10 they won ,and lost in '11 & '12, so 2 out of the last 6 years not bad.

OPoraquê

December 06, 2013, 03:43:26 pm #84 Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:54:58 pm by OPoraquê
nm

Razorback Red

Who do you think the extra week helps more? 

My opinion is that extra time helps the coaching staffs more, and in this case I think it gives Lunney one more week to figure out the best defensive schemes to slow down the Cabot run game. 

One thing is for sure.  Bville will be the best team Cabot has seen so far this year.  Cabot will be the 2nd, maybe 3rd best team Bville has faced this year.  Not sure what that means other than Trinity gave us a good look at what Cabot will try and do.

On a side note, hopefully Mich St can hold on here. 

searcy86

2bhsboys

nine4me04u

December 08, 2013, 08:06:40 pm #88 Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:29:57 pm by nine4me04u
Quote from: 2bhsboys on December 08, 2013, 03:38:23 pm
But if we can't practice it is a wasted week
Coach Lunney will find a way to practice. He'll rent a snowmobile to get players to the school if he has to.

nine4me04u

This has noyhing to do with the game, but did you know that Bear Bryant played for Fordyce in 1930 and won a state championship?

xtremewildcat

Quote from: nine4me04u on December 10, 2013, 12:34:39 am
This has noyhing to do with the game, but did you know that Bear Bryant played for Fordyce in 1930 and won a state championship?

Everyone here in south AR. knows that. They have a big sign that has it on there and you cant miss it when you drive through there.
My coach, Lacewell, is also from there.

mack

Quote from: Razorback Red on December 07, 2013, 09:19:57 pm

My opinion is that extra time helps the coaching staffs more, and in this case I think it gives Lunney one more week to figure out the best defensive schemes to slow down the Cabot run game. 

One thing is for sure.  Bville will be the best team Cabot has seen so far this year.  Cabot will be the 2nd, maybe 3rd best team Bville has faced this year.  Not sure what that means other than Trinity gave us a good look at what Cabot will try and do.

Dunno about that.  It's entirely possible that the two best teams in 7A played at Cabot's field a week ago.  We'll see this weekend.

NLR4Eva

Quote from: mack on December 10, 2013, 09:53:24 am

Dunno about that.  It's entirely possible that the two best teams in 7A played at Cabot's field a week ago.  We'll see this weekend.

I believe they did, Mack. I really do.

Baitshop

That's funny, because we here at Southside thought that the State Championship game was played in the quarterfinals between the Rebels and Tigers...

See how easy that is..??

;-)

Earl is my Hero!!

So suddenly, a team that hasn't won a title since the Nixon administration is one of the best in the state, but one that has been to four championship games in a row isn't?

I've seen it all...

mack

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on December 10, 2013, 12:41:25 pm
So suddenly, a team that hasn't won a title since the Nixon administration is one of the best in the state, but one that has been to four championship games in a row isn't?

I've seen it all...

Ah, a chink in your normally impenetrable armor...

I'm just sayin', if Cabot beats you as bad as I think they are going to beat you, the logical man would say a narrow defeat of NLR by Cabot, through transference, deems NLR the second best in the state this year.

The worm turns eventually..... always....

Also, I need you and Bait to give me your travel itinerary so I can set up dinner.......

2bhsboys

Quote from: NLR4Eva on December 10, 2013, 11:41:53 am

It may be that the 2 best teams in 7A Central played last week, unfortunately for you guys you will be playing the best team in the State

mack

Quote from: 2bhsboys on December 10, 2013, 12:59:09 pm

It may be that the 2 best teams in 7A Central played last week, unfortunately for you guys you will be playing the best team in the State

No my good friend 2 bhsboys,,,,, my new friends from Cabot won't come on here and say anything provocative, but I will.  You will be so puckered up from sitting on your hands, just waiting to get the ball, wondering how in the heck a team can just hit you for 3.5 yards a pop, 30 snaps in a row, use up 13 minutes in the quarter,  with no penalties....  Then you'll get po'd because a leprachaunish sized tailback pops one for 15 -20-40 yards.  Then on 4th and 6 inches, they'll throw their first, and maybe only pass that gets them a critical first down. 

I couldn't believe it either, but you will see....  you will see.....

2bhsboys

Quote from: mack on December 10, 2013, 01:30:59 pm
Quote from: 2bhsboys on December 10, 2013, 12:59:09 pm

No my good friend 2 bhsboys,,,,, my new friends from Cabot won't come on here and say anything provocative, but I will.  You will be so puckered up from sitting on your hands, just waiting to get the ball, wondering how in the heck a team can just hit you for 3.5 yards a pop, 30 snaps in a row, use up 13 minutes in the quarter,  with no penalties....  Then you'll get po'd because a leprachaunish sized tailback pops one for 15 -20-40 yards.  Then on 4th and 6 inches, they'll throw their first, and maybe only pass that gets them a critical first down. 

I couldn't believe it either, but you will see....  you will see.....

ok that was good... and vivid

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: mack on December 10, 2013, 12:54:58 pm
Ah, a chink in your normally impenetrable armor...

I'm just sayin', if Cabot beats you as bad as I think they are going to beat you, the logical man would say a narrow defeat of NLR by Cabot, through transference, deems NLR the second best in the state this year.

Alas, my friend, you seek self worth through the deeds of others. Nothing short of a title of NLR's own will provide the solace you so desire.

Anguish alone will you find suckling the bosom of football futility.

Quote from: mack on December 10, 2013, 12:54:58 pm
Also, I need you and Bait to give me your travel itinerary so I can set up dinner.......

Plans are still in the formative stasis, although an early pre-game meal seems probable...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas