• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover vs PC

Started by Monsta, August 23, 2016, 08:16:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsta

That was one of the poorest  performances I have ever seen smackover barley got past PC

Proud Buckaroo

It was all vanilla, man. Don't base Smackover's entire season off that scrimmage. Lol. Yeah, we have some things to improve on. Our defense has some pretty good size. I just worry about our secondary. Second string played more than the 1st string did. We also had two of our starting linemen on the sidelines. In no pads.

Proud Buckaroo

But, if you want to base Smackover off that. You can go ahead. That's fine by me. Every team has things still to work on right now.

Headhunter15

What happen ? What needs to be worked on and who needs to be fired lol

Proud Buckaroo

7-6 Smackover was the score. Dez had one long run down the sideline. Smackover almost scored once and kid fumbled at the goal line. Then Smackover scored the next possession. I just got home. I'll go in my depth shortly.

Proud Buckaroo

I don't want to hear anyone saying something about Beau. A few days ago was his first time practicing for football. He's got to warm back up to it.

Lineman

Anybody lose their temper?

Proud Buckaroo

No one lost their temper. It was a calm, peaceful scrimmage. Actually.

THA TRUTH

Pc doesn't have much fire in em

HorseFeathers

they were on the wrong end of 56-14 Last time they were in action.....It's just a scrimmage tho...

THA TRUTH

They will go as far as Jackson takes em idk what else they have

Proud Buckaroo

I really feel like Smackover didn't show anything at all. I know their plays. I know what offense they run. That... Was very basic plays. Defense is still big. Secondary is questionable. But we can fix that problem. #6 may be the smallest kid on the field... Willie Davis was the smallest last year. Look what he did. We had two of our biggest linemen on the sidelines. Not in pads. We didn't pass the ball much. When we did. He was basic plays as well. There was kids from Junction there to watch Smackover play. I'm telling you. That was nothing but vanilla pudding. That's what a scrimmage is supposed to be about. Finding the right spots for every single player. Second string played way more than the starters did. Dez had a big run down the sideline and that was basically it for PC. Both the second string and first string defense held their own. We had a chance to have two scores. But fumbles happen. Score was 7-6.

I'll say it again. Do not base our entire season off what you saw. If you do. You are in trouble. Beau will get where he needs to be. We have a week and 2 days to practice for CHG. We'll be ready.

Monsta

All I have to say is if they don't do better or do something different its about to a long year for the Leparoos

Proud Buckaroo

Just remember, it was a scrimmage to play someone other than theirself. We will be fine. I know we will. We ran basic package the whole entire time, dude. Just like Junction did last night. It was all basic.

THA TRUTH

Smackover is pretty basic anyway

PC fan

score was 6-6 proud Buck... both teams missed extra point.. if u don't think so wait till paper comes out tomorrow.. after snap rolled on ground and kicker tossed it back to the holder.. he still missed the kick.. ref was signaling no good the whole time... both teams have lots of work and conditioning to do.. and for your info, the ones played 1st quarter...the two's played second quarter... ones played third, two's played 4th.. thought everyone knew that going in.. just saying..it doesn't really matter...it was practice!!!!!! great sportsmanship on both sides and I loved that..kids just enjoying the game..way it should be!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 23, 2016, 08:55:29 pm
I really feel like Smackover didn't show anything at all. I know their plays. I know what offense they run. That... Was very basic plays. Defense is still big. Secondary is questionable. But we can fix that problem. #6 may be the smallest kid on the field... Willie Davis was the smallest last year. Look what he did. We had two of our biggest linemen on the sidelines. Not in pads. We didn't pass the ball much. When we did. He was basic plays as well. There was kids from Junction there to watch Smackover play. I'm telling you. That was nothing but vanilla pudding. That's what a scrimmage is supposed to be about. Finding the right spots for every single player. Second string played way more than the starters did. Dez had a big run down the sideline and that was basically it for PC. Both the second string and first string defense held their own. We had a chance to have two scores. But fumbles happen. Score was 7-6.

I'll say it again. Do not base our entire season off what you saw. If you do. You are in trouble. Beau will get where he needs to be. We have a week and 2 days to practice for CHG. We'll be ready.
After several posts have you talked yourself into not being worried? You had a huge drop off in talent, you should be worried.

Headhunter15

I see no reason to push the red button over a scrimmage. An ugly scrimmage but that's what the confidence boosters of lake village, DC and GC are for lol can't say fouke because nobody ever knows how those will go

LilBeastBIL

Last night was interesting to say the least. It's early though.  The qb was just pitching in a huge baseball tournament less than what week ago I think. The line scares me some, the lb crew needs to communicate better,  they have huge shoes to fill, it'll take time. Have solid skill players for sure. Like everyone else said the secondary is suspect for sure. The line will be the biggest hurdle fore sure.  Strickland is going to have to do more coaching than he has in a few years. It'll be an interesting year. We'll actually get to watch the starters play all game this year. It'll be fun times

Proud Buckaroo

Definitely going to have to do some big time coaching. We still have good skill players. Defensive front is pretty good. like you said, big shoes to fill in the LB core. Secondary just needs to do some work. We have some good wide recievers. Just need to be able to get them the ball. Offensive line does need some work to do. We have time to gel it all together.

dragondad

It'll take 1/2 the secondary....or more,  just to come close to filling Purifoy's shoes .

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on August 24, 2016, 12:16:08 pm
It'll take 1/2 the secondary....or more,  just to come close to filling Purifoy's shoes .

I absolutely agree. The kid has crazy talent. You tell him to give it his all and he will give you that times two.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: unbiased_fan on August 24, 2016, 12:26:51 pm
http://www.eldoradonews.com/news/2016/aug/24/trojans-bucks-square-scrimmage/

I stand corrected. I could have sworn the older ref threw his hands up like it was good. Oh well. Good luck to PC next week.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: LilBeastBIL on August 24, 2016, 11:35:12 am
Last night was interesting to say the least. It's early though.  The qb was just pitching in a huge baseball tournament less than what week ago I think. The line scares me some, the lb crew needs to communicate better,  they have huge shoes to fill, it'll take time. Have solid skill players for sure. Like everyone else said the secondary is suspect for sure. The line will be the biggest hurdle fore sure.  Strickland is going to have to do more coaching than he has in a few years. It'll be an interesting year. We'll actually get to watch the starters play all game this year. It'll be fun times
Someone who knows you have to have an offensive line.

LilBeastBIL

Quote from: dragondad on August 24, 2016, 12:16:08 pm

Definitely a special talent that was underused in my opinion. He's doing well @ SAU. He came and watched last night

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: LilBeastBIL on August 24, 2016, 02:55:53 pm

Definitely a special talent that was underused in my opinion. He's doing well @ SAU. He came and watched last night

Yeah, I saw him there. I'm sure he wasn't very happy of what he saw.

LilBeastBIL

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 24, 2016, 02:57:26 pm
That's one way to put it

Monsta

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 24, 2016, 02:57:26 pm
he was not the only one mad.. I WA's ad Thats I waisted 5$ on the Leparoos almost getting beat by the Mighty Condoms

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Monsta on August 24, 2016, 06:42:25 pm
he was not the only one mad.. I WA's ad Thats I waisted 5$ on the Leparoos almost getting beat by the Mighty Condoms

Does Carpenter know you get on FF?

THA TRUTH

Longfellow

Once more in English, please

Coltfan2005

Allow me to translate:

I am agitated. I spent 5.00 of the money I earned working at the car wash and the guys on the team did not play nearly as well as I think I could have played if I had the grades to play!

Lineman

Somewhere an English teacher is crying. 😭😭😭😭

Horse Shoe

I would also like to think that this scrimmage was "vanilla pudding", but let's be realistic.  We will miss Purifoy for a lot more than his talent.  He led by example on the field, and I just didn't see anyone stepping into that role.  Beau will be ok, but that's it, just ok.  One of those undressed lineman is a Sophomore.  I just hope we can get some fire in our belly before CHG rolls into to town, or it's going to be the beginning of a long season.  I hope these boys prove me wrong.

On a side note:  I thought it was kind of funny that PC was milking the clock in the second half just to win a scrimmage.  It was pretty obvious they were dragging their feet in the 4th. 

THA TRUTH

For a program like pc a scrimmage victory over a team that has been better for some time now is a big deal

dragondad

Quote from: Horse Shoe on August 25, 2016, 11:54:48 am
On a side note:  I thought it was kind of funny that PC was milking the clock in the second half just to win a scrimmage.  It was pretty obvious they were dragging their feet in the 4th.

Maybe they were cramping.   ;D

Jimbo Morphis

Horse Shoe

PC was winning late in the scrimmage. They didn't need to run the hurry up.  I guess you had to be there to understand why I thought it was funny.  I have just always thought the purpose of a scrimmage was to run as many plays as possible.

THA TRUTH

Backwoods Bart

I think that PC is the sleeping giant this season.

THA TRUTH

Proud Buckaroo

From what I saw... There isn't much after Dez. The QB can run pretty good. But that's about it.

Rida4Life

PC has a lot of questions to answer.  Outside of Dez doing what Dez does, the offense only had like 30 yards and 20 of that was on the jump ball Morgan caught.  Defense played well at times but gave up some big plays that Smackover didn't take advantage of.  Trojans show promise but they still have lots of work to do......
Offensive line depth is non-existent at this point and that's scary in the 8AA.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Rida4Life on August 26, 2016, 10:53:26 am
PC has a lot of questions to answer.  Outside of Dez doing what Dez does, the offense only had like 30 yards and 20 of that was on the jump ball Morgan caught.  Defense played well at times but gave up some big plays that Smackover didn't take advantage of.  Trojans show promise but they still have lots of work to do......
Offensive line depth is non-existent at this point and that's scary in the 8AA.

How many did Dez have?

Backwoods Bart

Looking at their roster last year, they didn't loose very much to graduation if I'm correct. This is their best recent year to make a post season run (while The RB is there). 

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 26, 2016, 11:09:45 am
How many did Dez have?

He had one 60 yard run off of missed tackles. Other than that. He didn't get much of anything else. He didn't have any where to go because his line broke down most of the time after that.

THA TRUTH

U coulda just said a 60 yard run... Chances are he causes those missed tackles so no need to try and take away from It

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 26, 2016, 11:22:11 am
U coulda just said a 60 yard run... Chances are he causes those missed tackles so no need to try and take away from It

I wasn't trying to take anything from that, but okay. I was trying to say that Smackover has missed opportunities to tackle him. That was more giving him the effort for making the run and a negative comment towards Smackover not tackling him.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: unbiased_fan on August 26, 2016, 11:27:41 am
I was there, you're missing my point.  PC sat on the ball late and when Smackover got it back they threw the ball and took time outs to score.  Both teams played to win.

Smackover never got their hands on him that play, there wasn't a missed tackle, just bad angles.

The last kid that was there to tackle him, missed his tackle on the sideline. There was a missed tackle before he finally broke loose.

THA TRUTH

U do realize u have to touch the player to make it a missed tackle

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas