• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-6 predictions.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, August 19, 2016, 01:30:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

1. Smackover. (Call me a homer if you wish.)
2. Junction.
3. McGehee.
4. Fordyce.
5. Fouke.
6. Genoa.
7. Lake village.
8. Drew Central.

Skip

3-5 and 3-6 looks to be the toughest conferences IMO. I think it's really a tossup between Smacktown & JC but Fordyce is a dark horse who probably could upset one or both teams.

THA TRUTH

panther86

1. Junction City
2   Smackover
3.  Fordyce
4.  Fouke
5. McGhee
6. Genoa
7.  Lake Village
8  Drew Central

Headhunter15

1. Smack
2. Junction city
3. McGehee
4. Fordyce
5. Fouke
6. Drew central
7. Genoa
8. Lake village

LBC

1.) Junction City - Always has athletes and beat Smackover last year
2.) McGehee - Again, lots of athletes and had some solid Jr. high player over the last few years, just have to keep them under control and out or trouble
3.) Smackover - Finds out just how much of an impact player Purfoy was for them over the past few years.  And how much they are going to miss him.
4.) Fouke - Have been improving every year and a solid running back returning
5.) Fordyce - Lost a lot of talent from last years team.  Going to be hard to replace
6.) Lake Village - Athletes everywhere just waiting on a coach that can tame them and give a rip enough to even properly paint the field.
7.) Drew Central - New head coach with Cox but until they get an AD that fully supports football and an administration that gets behind the head coach in understanding the commitment required to have a successful football program and drop the 365-24-7 basketball mentality they will never be successful in football.
8.) Genoa Central - Same statement as Drew Central but switch the sport to Baseball instead of basketball.

WPWells

Quote from: LBC on August 21, 2016, 08:34:24 am
2.) McGehee - Again, lots of athletes and had some solid Jr. high player over the last few years, just have to keep them under control and out or trouble
3.) Smackover - Finds out just how much of an impact player Purfoy was for them over the past few years.  And how much they are going to miss him.
5.) Fordyce - Lost a lot of talent from last years team.  Going to be hard to replace
6.) Lake Village - Athletes everywhere just waiting on a coach that can tame them and give a rip enough to even properly paint the field.
7.) Drew Central - New head coach with Cox but until they get an AD that fully supports football and an administration that gets behind the head coach in understanding the commitment required to have a successful football program and drop the 365-24-7 basketball mentality they will never be successful in football.
8.) Genoa Central - Same statement as Drew Central but switch the sport to Baseball instead of basketball.

Lol

Headhunter15

Quote from: LBC on August 21, 2016, 08:34:24 am
Gotta come up with better explanations that those man lol come on now. I guess McGehee beat smack last year too? It was other players than purifoy. Junior high success doesn't automatically translate to senior high royalty. 1-5 befuddled me. The explanations of why should I say because you are entitled to an opinionated list but the explanations are ???

THA TRUTH

LBC

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 21, 2016, 03:37:49 pm
Gotta come up with better explanations that those man lol come on now. I guess McGehee beat smack last year too? It was other players than purifoy. Junior high success doesn't automatically translate to senior high royalty. 1-5 befuddled me. The explanations of why should I say because you are entitled to an opinionated list but the explanations are ???

That was a quick 3 minutes of typing right before church just to waste time while the wife was getting ready not an ESPN breakdown.  And your right Junior high doesn't mean jack when it comes to Sr. High success, and its highly probable that Smackover beats McGehee, but they won't beat Junction and they won't be anymore than a 3rd round team at best.  And yes there were other players, but you lost most of them too.  Purfoy was a Heck of a Football player add Jones and some of the other players you lost from last years team and there is a huge void to fill.  I wish the players best of luck in their endeavor because someone has some big shoes to fill.

Headhunter15

Quote from: LBC on August 21, 2016, 09:11:50 pm
That was a quick 3 minutes of typing right before church just to waste time while the wife was getting ready not an ESPN breakdown.  And your right Junior high doesn't mean jack when it comes to Sr. High success, and its highly probable that Smackover beats McGehee, but they won't beat Junction and they won't be anymore than a 3rd round team at best.  And yes there were other players, but you lost most of them too.  Purfoy was a Heck of a Football player add Jones and some of the other players you lost from last years team and there is a huge void to fill.  I wish the players best of luck in their endeavor because someone has some big shoes to fill.

What's good about high school football is that not just your team loses its key players. Other teams do too so as far as them having to go up against Langston from rivercrest, freeman from EPC, CJ from CHG or just break away players like those, yeah their gone too so won't be too hard when competition is level

THA TRUTH

The best rb in 3a resides in Jc and it's not even close

Headhunter15

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 21, 2016, 10:32:39 pm

His brother gone have something to say about that

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 21, 2016, 11:16:13 pm
His brother gone have something to say about that

He's probably talking about Cali. I mean the kid is really good, but we haven't actually seen him in game time action just yet.

Skip

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 21, 2016, 10:32:39 pm
Best back in 3A resides in Nevada County Prescott, AR his name is Carlos VanHook... 145-1507-26 + 4 more receiving touchdowns in a offense that pass often. This year he will probably run more so I'm sure those numbers will go up

THA TRUTH

Skip

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Skip on August 22, 2016, 07:26:34 am
We  different strokes for different folks I guess
If Tha Truth would have done his homework on Carlos this would not even been a discussion to start with. 

THA TRUTH

CURLEYWOLF24

Headhunter15

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 22, 2016, 05:23:44 am
He's probably talking about Cali. I mean the kid is really good, but we haven't actually seen him in game time action just yet.

Naw his brother is on smack... plays running back. Just as fast. Hasn't had the spotlight till now...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 22, 2016, 11:40:36 am
Naw his brother is on smack... plays running back. Just as fast. Hasn't had the spotlight till now...

Are we talking about the same kid?

TT was talking about The Gray kid that came from California. We have his brother on our team or are you talking about CJ?

THA TRUTH

No headhunter isn't on the same page

Headhunter15

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 22, 2016, 11:55:19 am
No headhunter isn't on the same page

No I know what I'm talking about. Edwards and CJ are brothers lol y'all don't know that. I know them personally

Proud Buckaroo

August 22, 2016, 12:31:51 pm #24 Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 04:46:21 am by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 22, 2016, 12:27:26 pm

No I know what I'm talking about. Edwards and CJ are brothers lol y'all don't know that. I know them personally

I knew you were saying CJ and Edwards were brothers. I got confused for a minute. I thought you were saying Cali and Edwards were brothers.

THA TRUTH

No ur not cause we were talking about Cali not CJ

Proud Buckaroo

August 22, 2016, 01:22:31 pm #26 Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:24:40 pm by Proud Buckaroo
For anyone interested.

dragondad

August 22, 2016, 01:39:42 pm #27 Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:45:42 pm by dragondad

Edwards and CJ are brothers.

I know them personally

Technically maybe so.... I call a lot of people brother,  doesn't mean they actually are.

Do you now?  How well "personally"?

Headhunter15

Quote from: dragondad on August 22, 2016, 01:39:42 pm
Technically maybe so

Do you now?  How well "personally"?

I guarantee I know them both more than you know your own toothbrush

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 22, 2016, 01:55:53 pm

Well......One of them atleast.

dragondad

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 22, 2016, 01:55:53 pm

LOL!  I'll let it go,  you should too.

Headhunter15

This kid from Cali reminds me of cam newton. JC might have something brewing after all . But don't get too excited when y'all travel north in the county for the good ole rivalry. The kid looks like he can play tho

dragondad

Scrimmage with CHG tonight in JC,  we'll see a little more what he's all about.

THA TRUTH

Him at rb and cj in the slot makes for some exciting plays... CJ in the open field is very dangerous

dragondad

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 22, 2016, 02:09:05 pm
Him at rb and cj in the slot makes for some exciting plays... CJ in the open field is very dangerous

With him in the option, CJ and Davis (when he returns), or any other scenario..... don't blink,  it'll be gone to the house, game over.

THA TRUTH

Can't forget about Holliday and tez

Proud Buckaroo

I'll be in attendance to the JC/CHG scrimmage tonight.

dragondad

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 22, 2016, 03:05:42 pm
Can't forget about Holliday and tez

That's true,  I think JC will be as good or better than any one regardless of how they line up.

THA TRUTH

Line has potential to be huge but have to see how well they come together

HeadBussa08

Think conf crown will be tween Smack and Jc with McGehee being very capable of making noise. Outta be a fun league to watch this year

Proud Buckaroo

Well... That was most definitely eventful. There is going to have to be some big time adjustments with the different environment.

beach bum

1)Junction City
2)Mcgehee
3)Fordyce
4)Smackover
5)Fouke
6)Genoa Central
7)Drew Central
8)Lake Village

THA TRUTH

Carpenter didn't show much offensively but Oline is gonna have to improve which in sure they will in time

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: beach bum on August 22, 2016, 08:51:06 pm
1)Junction City
2)Mcgehee
3)Fordyce
4)Smackover
5)Fouke
6)Genoa Central
7)Drew Central
8)Lake Village

Lolll.

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 22, 2016, 08:52:59 pm

Lolll.

I tried to make it seem serious but it didn't work... so I lied. My real prediction is Smackover to #1 then drop the top 3 to one spot lower.

dragondad

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 22, 2016, 08:52:08 pm
Carpenter didn't show much offensively but Oline is gonna have to improve which in sure they will in time

They look way better than this time last year.  Hard to show much on a short field when they just load the box nearly every play.

hootingowl

Mcgehee has Junction City and Smackover at home this season. Owls are good, very good. Would not surprise if they won the conference.  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas