• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a-3 conference prediction.

Started by neaguru, August 18, 2016, 09:11:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

neaguru

I would go with:
1. Rivercrest
2. Osceola
3. Newport
4. Hoxie
5. Manila
6. Walnut ridge
7. Piggott
8. Corning

I feel like the 4 5 and 6 could be interchangeable. Hoxie hasn't been very good in jr high the last 2 or 3 years so idk what they have returning.

Coltfan2005

Rivercrest
Hoxie
Osceola
manila
Piggott
newport
walnut ridge
corning

biglion1985

I feel you could switch newport and piggot and also I feel according to what they done during the summer manila could make some noise but mostly I like coltfan's picks for the most part

State champs 2010

Rivercrest
Osceola
Hoxie
Manila
Piggot
Newport
Walnut ridge
Corning

Proud Buckaroo

1. Rivercrest.
2. Osceola.
3. Manila.
4. Newport.
5. Hoxie.
6. Piggott.
7. Walnut Ridge.
8. Corning.

sprained ankle

!. Rivercrest
2. Newport
3. Osceola
4.Walnut Ridge
5.Hoxie
6. Manila
7. Piggott
8. Corning

OB11

I think Piggott will make a run at a playoff spot this year.  But with Newport and Walnut Ridge moving into the 3 I'm not sure how it will shake out.  I have no idea what either of those teams have coming back.  With that being said, I'll go with this...

1. Rivercrest
2. Hoxie
3. Newport
4. Osceola
5. Piggott
6. Manila
7. Walnut Ridge
8. Corning

Piggott and Manila could switch spots and Manila could make it into the playoffs 2 years in a row.  Newport and Osceola could also be flipped.

neaguru

Quote from: OB11 on August 19, 2016, 10:58:28 am
I think Piggott will make a run at a playoff spot this year.  But with Newport and Walnut Ridge moving into the 3 I'm not sure how it will shake out.  I have no idea what either of those teams have coming back.  With that being said, I'll go with this...

1. Rivercrest
2. Hoxie
3. Newport
4. Osceola
5. Piggott
6. Manila
7. Walnut Ridge
8. Corning

Piggott and Manila could switch spots and Manila could make it into the playoffs 2 years in a row.  Newport and Osceola could also be flipped.
Who will replace the Dixon kid at piggott? He was their main threat last year.

Coltfan2005

Look to Piggott to possibly air it out a little more this year. They don't have a Dixon but return some talent.

Head Lion

Anxious to see the Lions at Harrisburg next week. We return 16 starters, but those lost were key contributors. It will be the biggest most physical line play since we restarted, but lost key players at QB & RB & 2 linebackers that made a bunch of tackles. Cautiously optimistic.

Coltfan2005

A big physical line can get an average running back 2-3 yards a carry. It starts there.

Coltfan2005

By the way, Piggott does have their new turf in but rain has delayed the completion of the track.

OB11

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 19, 2016, 08:05:25 pm
By the way, Piggott does have their new turf in but rain has delayed the completion of the track.

They didn't have a track at all before did they?

Coltfan2005

I was told they were "redoing" the track so I imagine there was one but maybe not. I can't remember. :-\

State champs 2010

Is any teams from the 3 have games this week? Rivercrest plays at westside against westside and EPC in a jamboree.

MommaLion

Yes Manila is playing Harrisburg tonight at 7 in Harrisburg

biglion1985

Just seen where MANILA beat HARRISBURG 28-13

Head Lion

Potential is there, still cautiously optimistic

Head Lion

Heard a score that Newport beat Valley View 42-14.😳

biglion1985

State Champ how did rivercrest do in the scrimmage tonight

State champs 2010

Quote from: biglion1985 on August 23, 2016, 10:38:48 pm
State Champ how did rivercrest do in the scrimmage tonight
you can tell we are young.. Tied westside and got beat by Epc by 16. A lot of young talent that's gunna have to step up if they wanna make a run like last year. We need a threat at reciver. The backup sophomore qb would be a excellent reciver 6'2 160 could make this a more balanced offense instead of a run heavy offense. The colts ran 7-8 different plays the whole game which I can understand not wanting to give anything away for next week. Go colts!!!

Head Lion

It is early, but has the look of a wild year in the conference. Every game will count.

State champs 2010

I will say we didn't use our #1 RB much. Maybe 5-6 carries. Coach thinkin ahead trying to protect our players. No need to go all out in a scrimmage.

OB11

August 24, 2016, 12:53:12 pm #23 Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 07:27:00 pm by OB11
Quote from: Head Lion on August 23, 2016, 10:05:21 pm

Yeah, I thought that score was a little surprising.  Newport will definitely contend in the top half of the 3. They come into the conference as a playoff contender. 

Rivercrest will be young and historically they've always had a slow start to the year.  I don't think this year will be any different.  They could easily go 1 -2 or even 0 - 3 in non conference and end up 3 games deep in the playoffs by the time its all over.

biglion1985

I wanna wish the colts and the rest of the teams the best of luck on the upcoming season

TheSpecial

Heard Brookland beat Hoxie 28-0 in scrimmage Monday night?

Coltfan2005

Fooseball36

No, Hoxie won that game against Brookland 28-7.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on August 23, 2016, 10:05:21 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if Newport won this conference. I've followed the Greyhounds for years, they have great tradition there. They will compete in this conference.

ISU7

Quote from: State champs 2010 on August 24, 2016, 06:17:33 am
you can tell we are young.. Tied westside and got beat by Epc by 16. A lot of young talent that's gunna have to step up if they wanna make a run like last year. We need a threat at reciver. The backup sophomore qb would be a excellent reciver 6'2 160 could make this a more balanced offense instead of a run heavy offense. The colts ran 7-8 different plays the whole game which I can understand not wanting to give anything away for next week. Go colts!!!
Each team played each other 25 minutes running clock RC played Westside first then a 10 minute break and played a fresh EPC . It was hot and the Colts were experimenting with players. I do agree that #3 definitely need to be at receiver if he's not playing QB. it will most definitely help the offense.  Also the Colts were without their fastest offensive threat but he should be ready next Friday at Paragould.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on August 24, 2016, 08:57:31 am
It is early, but has the look of a wild year in the conference. Every game will count.
I agree 100%  I think the winner of this conference could be a two lose (in conference play) team.

Paperman

Never put too much stock in a scrimmage! But I ca tell you that unless Rivercrest and Osceola make some adjustments, neither one will finish in the top half of the conference! People need to pay serious attention to Manila, Piggott, and Newport! Don't sleep on Hoxie either! There is going to be at least one quality team left out of the postseason! The Colts and Noles have their work cutout for them!

sprained ankle

Newport will definitely compete in this conference. Better bring your winged shoes when you play them. They have speed to burn.

State champs 2010

Rivercrest, Osceola, Hoxie, is known for having speed so they will fit good in the 3a-3. don't act like they are the only team with speed cause I can promise you they are not... should be a exciting year for the conference.

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on August 25, 2016, 01:44:08 am
I agree 100%  I think the winner of this conference could be a two lose (in conference play) team.
ISU, we don't plan losing 2 games all year, including the playoffs. How bout them Cubs?!!!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Paperman on August 25, 2016, 07:06:43 am
Never put too much stock in a scrimmage! But I ca tell you that unless Rivercrest and Osceola make some adjustments, neither one will finish in the top half of the conference! People need to pay serious attention to Manila, Piggott, and Newport! Don't sleep on Hoxie either! There is going to be at least one quality team left out of the postseason! The Colts and Noles have their work cutout for them!

Pretty sure you are one of those who said the Colts had no shot at playing in Little Rock last season.

Paperman

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 25, 2016, 06:59:31 pm
Pretty sure you are one of those who said the Colts had no shot at playing in Little Rock last season.
After the start they had, few rational people would have thought they would be there! I didn't think so, you are correct! If you tell me you thought they would, I would have a hard time believing it! Those seniors last year put the team on their backs and proved me wrong! It took a miraculous effort by those kids to get there, but they got it done! I didn't see or hear anything this week to make me think it could happen this year. But, I hope I am wrong! I want to see both Osceola, Rivercrest, and for that matter, Manila succeed. It is good for the schools, our communities, and our county!

Coltfan2005

Pretty sure our country will succeed or fail no matter the season's results.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 26, 2016, 01:39:56 pm
Pretty sure our country will succeed or fail no matter the season's results.

He said COUNTY. Lol. Either way.

birddawg1986

1. RIVERCREST
2. OSCEOLA
3. NEWPORT
4. PIGGOTT
5. WALNUT RIDGE
6. HOXIE
7. MANILA
8. CORNING

biglion1985

Head lion let's stick with football nobody wants to hear about the cubs lol

Heisman Pose

1. Newport
2. Osceola
3. Rivercrest
4. Manila
5. Walnut Ridge
6. Hoxie
7. Piggott
8. Corning

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Heisman Pose on August 27, 2016, 08:24:37 am
1. Newport
2. Osceola
3. Rivercrest
4. Manila
5. Walnut Ridge
6. Hoxie
7. Piggott
8. Corning

Newport must have drafted some linemen.
Walnut Ridge over Hoxie?

Heisman Pose

Coltfan2005

Speed can kill, but you got to have blocking to get the chance to show the speed.

Heisman Pose

Agreed. I know it was just a scrimmage but there had to be some blocking to hang 40 plus on Valley View

Coltfan2005

I'm sure there was but I also know VV is 5-15 and going down. Big time money spent on field and bringing in a coach from Texas. Hopefully some of that will pay off somewhere down the line but it will not be this year. VV has little talent, little speed, and little size. Newport has a great 1/2+ of their schedule, with only two teams that will test them at all. I do expect them to be competitive against a down Gosnell team and have every opportunity to beat Hoxie. As you said, their speed will kill MT, Corning, and Piggott (though Piggott has a sophomore QB that I think will be the best in the conf by his senior year).

2wordsdefense

1. Newport
2. Osceola
3. Rivercrest
4. Hoxie
5. Manila
6. Piggott
7. Walnut Ridge
8. Corning

Paperman

On Newport, two words, No way!  ;D

Really who the heck knows?