• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle at Charleston

Started by thatoneguy, August 18, 2016, 09:17:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thatoneguy

We have 12 days until both teams kick off their 2016 season and I was wondering what is the chatter with this game. Charleston is usually pretty dominant however they did lose Storey but retain a large portion of the championship team. While Dardanelle is coming off their two best season in school history. How are the teams going to match up?

young_gun

Quote from: thatoneguy on August 18, 2016, 09:17:17 am
We have 12 days until both teams kick off their 2016 season and I was wondering what is the chatter with this game. Charleston is usually pretty dominant however they did lose Storey but retain a large portion of the championship team. While Dardanelle is coming off their two best season in school history. How are the teams going to match up?

Are we supposed to take this question seriously?!?! You're a little behind on Charleston. They didn't have Storey last year nor did they make it past Smackover in the 2nd round. But to answer your question Charleston will have a good possibly great passing attack with the QB returning for his 2nd year at the helm. They will playmakers all over the field and they always play solid defense. Dardanelle from what I hear is low on numbers this year but they are still talented and have a lot of size. I look for this game to be close but give Charleston the slight edge in this one. We will know a little more about each team after their benefit games next week.

Black and Gold

We actually didn't keep a portion of the championship team. We lost Storey two years ago. Only one player played on the team when Storey was a senior, Drew Young. Anything that happened two years ago is quite irrelevant.

About the game: I know nothing about the Sand Gizzards. Charleston, however, should be much improved with Flanagan, Wisdom, Ketter and Rowland all having a year's worth of experience in offense. I still have questions about the o-line. That's where graduation hit us the hardest. It's still early, so we'll see.

On defense we graduated three seniors. The biggest of those being Binz. Not sure who the replacements will be, but the D-Line I believe will be about the same as last year. At the Linebacker spots, Drew Young returns. I believe this year's group of Linebackers could be better than last year's. In the secondary we return 3. Flanagan, Wisdom, and McDonald. I believe Zimmer will be the one to step up and fill in the 4th spot in the secondary.

There's my small evaluation.

GBattack

Quote from: Black and Gold on August 18, 2016, 09:53:19 am
We actually didn't keep a portion of the championship team. We lost Storey two years ago. Only one player played on the team when Storey was a senior, Drew Young. Anything that happened two years ago is quite irrelevant.

About the game: I know nothing about the Sand Gizzards. Charleston, however, should be much improved with Flanagan, Wisdom, Ketter and Rowland all having a year's worth of experience in offense. I still have questions about the o-line. That's where graduation hit us the hardest. It's still early, so we'll see.

On defense we graduated three seniors. The biggest of those being Binz. Not sure who the replacements will be, but the D-Line I believe will be about the same as last year. At the Linebacker spots, Drew Young returns. I believe this year's group of Linebackers could be better than last year's. In the secondary we return 3. Flanagan, Wisdom, and McDonald. I believe Zimmer will be the one to step up and fill in the 4th spot in the secondary.

There's my small evaluation.

The O-line is young, but averages 304lbs, so they are pretty big fellas. You'll have 16 returning starters and a MUCH more experienced defense.

The Dynasty

I truly believe Charleston will be better than last year. Their offense has the possibility of being explosive. It will all come down to how much we have improved of the defensive side of the ball. This should be a good test to see just where the D is at and how well the O line will be able to protect Rowland.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: GBattack on August 18, 2016, 10:19:53 am
The O-line is young, but averages 304lbs, so they are pretty big fellas. You'll have 16 returning starters and a MUCH more experienced defense.

Is there a diff O line than the one at the B and W game? I could be crazy but that O Line didn't average 304

BigMan15

I look for Charleston to beat the sand lizards by 10. The Sand Lizards lost a ton of talent over the last two years so Im not sure on who all they got to replace those key guys but they are normally big on both sides of the ball. So like Dynasty said if the Offensive line gives Rowland time they should be fine. On Defense we will be fine as long as we dont give up any big plays.

BigMan15

Jonathan Singleton
Jeremiah Cadena
Garrett Loughridge??
who else is starting

ChucktownTiger

Idk who the starters wil be but unless Dan Skipper makes an appearance I don't see it happening.

GBattack

That O-line stat came from Coach K...not sure if it was Hooten's or a more recent article where he stated that. Kody B. was out last week at the B&W game and I think maybe another one, but not sure. I am getting most of these stats from Hooten's...so take it for what you will. Coach K was quoted as saying he thought we'd have the biggest O-line in the state. That's also where I got the 16 returning starters stat...

AlumniLights

That'd be the biggest line in Charleston's recent history no doubt...

TheTruth2010

This should be an interesting game, however Storey was not there last year either. Did you skip a year? Lol

GBattack

ChucktownTiger

Maybe he just chose to forget last season. Start fresh this year. Probably not the worst idea.

OLDSCHOOL82

Think the d line average is inflated a good deal. My guess for the game is, Dardys Brown will cause damage on both sides of the line as he is a stud but I don't believe they have much to go with it.  Game will probably end up close as Chuck works out kinks and dardy keeps their o simple. They don't, to my knowledge, have the big play capability that has been there the past two seasons. The big question is for Dardy, do they return to their old dardy form of having talent with no success ? Or, did they get something established with the recent success?

WPWells

Lineman

Doesn't Dardanelle have a new head coach?  Is so is that going to be a factor. Coach K did say the oline would average 304 in that one book, but I believe there is still 2 spots to be determined. I believe it's going to come down to who WANTS to play. There's no doubt they'll find the right mix of beef to protect Jack & plow the way for Ketter. I look for Caudle to surprise some people on both sides of the ball.

OLDSCHOOL82

Dardys coach is Vega and he was an assistant.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 18, 2016, 01:14:48 pm
Dardys coach is Vega and he was an assistant.

First Charleston thread and here you are. Missed us that much huh??

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on August 18, 2016, 02:01:22 pm
First Charleston thread and here you are. Missed us that much huh??

Negative ghost rider.  Haven't looked at FF in months. 

Lineman

That's what they all say.  I'm betting ol'Adapted has been keeping you up to speed.

GBattack

Old school has a vested interest in our success this year as his nephew plays for senior high now. :-)

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: Lineman on August 18, 2016, 02:36:06 pm
That's what they all say.  I'm betting ol'Adapted has been keeping you up to speed.

I'm pretty sure I saw them in Del Sol together the other day. They were sitting on the same side of the booth together though. Nobody on the other side. Kinda weird!!!

Lineman

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on August 18, 2016, 03:16:13 pm
I'm pretty sure I saw them in Del Sol together the other day. They were sitting on the same side of the booth together though. Nobody on the other side. Kinda weird!!!
Sharing a large queso!!

adaptedtigerfan

That is a false accusation... Adapted doesn't make enough money to eat at Del Sol.  I mean come on $11 for 33 grains of rice and 17 bite size pieces of chicken with 1.2 oz of melted cheese...#comeonman

macadoshis

I guess we'll make the trip to God's country for this matchup.  I want to see these big boys play.  304 average on the line seems unrealistic to me.  Want to see it for myself.  What are the height and weight of these guys GB?   I'm ready to get this things started.   

GBattack

Here are the #'s I have for the guys that will play on the line...not sure of all being starters as I know some will rotate, but this is how it's listed...

Keener-6'4 240
Young - 6'2 285
Baumgartner-6'1 315
Singleton 6'1 357
Phillips 6'7 325
Williams 6'2 200
Bonds 6'1 280

AlumniLights

Quote from: macadoshis on August 19, 2016, 04:17:45 am
I guess we'll make the trip to God's country for this matchup.  I want to see these big boys play.  304 average on the line seems unrealistic to me.  Want to see it for myself.  What are the height and weight of these guys GB?   I'm ready to get this things started.

And the think this whole time I thought that particular place was Lamar, guess I thought wrong Mac.

AlumniLights

Quote from: GBattack on August 19, 2016, 07:23:37 am
Here are the #'s I have for the guys that will play on the line...not sure of all being starters as I know some will rotate, but this is how it's listed...

Keener-6'4 240
Young - 6'2 285
Baumgartner-6'1 315
Singleton 6'1 357
Phillips 6'7 325
Williams 6'2 200
Bonds 6'1 280

I would just be interested to see of all these who will actually start.

Lineman

Keener, Young, & Singleton for sure. The rest I'm not sure who will get the starting jobs.

ChucktownTiger

Some big guys for sure!!!! I'd still be surprised if the starting O Line is at 304. That's some young names. The future for the Charleston O Line looks good.

Black and Gold

Williams and Loughridge would probably be the other two lineman. Just a guess

The Dynasty

August 19, 2016, 02:16:43 pm #32 Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:35:54 am by The Dynasty
We average out at 265 on the line if we start who started in the Black and White game.

macadoshis

Quote from: AlumniLights on August 19, 2016, 07:33:55 am
And the think this whole time I thought that particular place was Lamar, guess I thought wrong Mac.
We know where the sun shines down.. The rest of us can just be envious. Look forward to seeing this Tiger team.  That's alot of returning starters I don't care what anyone says.   

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on August 18, 2016, 03:16:13 pm

How did I miss this.  Did you notice adapted in his booster seat?

macadoshis

How did Charleston look in their scrimmage ?

GBattack

Overall...I thought we looked much improved on defense. We exposed some areas that need work in our secondary, but between the three teams we played, we only allowed one score on our starting squad and that came from a pass against Hector. I think we scored four or five TD's on the night, but don't remember who they came against...Just my two cents.

BAMA#16

Macadoshis, from what I saw, defense looked better than last year, the DB's need to start turning their heads to look for the ball, probably tinker with O line a little more. Hector looked solid, would've liked to see a four quarter game with them, Booneville was just young and it showed, and Subiaco is in for a long season, will know more after Tuesdays game with the Sandlizards.

The Dynasty

The Tiger D looked tons better than the one we saw last year.

WPWells

GBattack

Quote from: Fred Bird on August 23, 2016, 09:20:14 am
Have we learned to tackle?

Yes..much better. We were solid against the run, got some gaps in the secondary to work on.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Fred Bird on August 23, 2016, 09:20:14 am
Have we learned to tackle?

Looked like a totally different team. Stewart is making a difference in that respect.

BAMA#16

I'm ready to see how we handle Dardanelle's O line, then we should have a better grasp of where we are.

Gray lizard

This should be a great game in the first meeting that I know of.  Don't let my name fool you.  Pottsville is my first team these days.  My youngest son is in school there.  Dardanelle will have a couple boys that will be in the back field most of the night.  It is a must to slow them down if Charleston is to get any offence going.  Dardanelle did lose a lot but keep in mind the amount of playing time and experience the underclassmen got when starters were out of the game by half for the entire regular season and first two playoff games.
Like I said I expect Charleston to be right in the game.  I will pick Dardanelle to win by 10 to 14.

Lineman

I know they used to play back in the 70s, but IDK what year was the last meeting. Those boys can be in the backfield all night long because our offense will have the ball downfield in a heartbeat. Bring the house & Jack will hit Shawn or Mason on a quick slant or Phil across the middle. If you stay back to cover the pass then Ketter will slice & dice for 20yds. It's going to be a long week.

Black and Gold

I'm most excited to see our run game this year

HorseFeathers

With it being a Tuesday game...I have to ask, normal start time, right? Not an oddball 530 or something I hope...

GBattack

Lineman

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 23, 2016, 08:48:36 pm
With it being a Tuesday game...I have to ask, normal start time, right? Not an oddball 530 or something I hope...
6:59 PM

HorseFeathers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas