• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar @ Clarksville

Started by TheTruth2010, August 17, 2016, 02:18:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will take home the battle on 64 trophy this year?

Lamar in a mercy rule
11 (39.3%)
Lamar in a close game
12 (42.9%)
Clarksville in a mercy rule
1 (3.6%)
Clarksville in a close game
4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: September 01, 2016, 02:18:00 pm

TheTruth2010

Come on! I'm ready for some football! Season is only two weeks and two days out! Go Warriors!

adaptedtigerfan

I got Clarksville by 28.😁

TheTruth2010

So can I make a bet against the spread you got there lol.

ChucktownTiger

macadoshis

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 17, 2016, 02:20:41 pm
I got Clarksville by 28.😁
Are you talking about the # of players each team has.  I'd agree with that

macadoshis

I really think Lamar is better this year than last year. 
Lamar       48
C-ville         6

beach bum

Easy Lamar victory here....

TheTruth2010

Quote from: macadoshis on August 17, 2016, 08:49:53 pm
I really think Lamar is better this year than last year. 
Lamar       48
C-ville         6
I guess we will have a pretty solid test week 2.

macadoshis

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on August 17, 2016, 09:45:33 pm
I guess we will have a pretty solid test week 2.
Week 2 won't be but week three against Mt Ida could be. Then first conference game at Atkins will tell me where we stand.  I've been impressed with Atkins this summer.

beach bum

Mount Ida will be a very good 2A team and I have always liked their program, but Lamar will handle them fairly easily if Lamar is what we think they will be.

GBattack

Quote from: macadoshis on August 17, 2016, 09:47:51 pm
Week 2 won't be but week three against Mt Ida could be. Then first conference game at Atkins will tell me where we stand.  I've been impressed with Atkins this summer.

I'm glad you guys play Atkins before we play either of you. It could very well be a game to remember. 

TheTruth2010

I was thinking week 2 was when we played mt Ida, my mistake. I was referring to them though.

Clara Allen

After seeing the team in pads yesterday, I was surprised by our size.  Not nearly as big as last year, but not tiny either.  Total girl homer here, we are going to own that new turf of Clarksville's.   Just very happy we don't have to travel to Mt. Ida  Week 3.  That is a snaky trip.....

TheTruth2010

I'm ready to see what this Lamar team is made of. We lost a lot! I haven't seen them yet, but hope they are going to be as good as you all say they will! I heard the new coach at Clarksville was a pretty good coach and I'm sure they will be hyped up to play on their new field. I'm going to say 42-20 Lamar.

macadoshis

August 19, 2016, 04:08:11 am #14 Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 04:24:32 am by macadoshis
Alot of hype around town about this game with Clarksvilles new coach and system in place. I'm happy for Coach Buckner and his family.  But what I don't get is all the mouthing coming from the Clarksville players considering the scores of the games the last two years. 

AlumniLights

Clarksville couldn't win when Banning had every piece of the puzzle he needed to produce outstanding teams. Athletes, Good QB's, size..etc...give me a break. This one ain't even close people. Thanks for playing though. Lamar +35

TheTruth2010

I haven't heard any of the smack talk, but im sure it's there. There always is.

BAMA#16

Lamar takes this one with ease, 42-6 warriors.

WarriorFan

Lamar takes the win 35-12, pull starters in 3rd quarter.

Clara Allen

Haven't heard smack talk either ,but was amused to see how many C'ville folks sitting by Pee Creek before the downpour last night

macadoshis

I'm sure there will be more Lamar folk at Clarksville for their scrimmage.  I know I'll be there.

Warriors023

How did Clarksville look against Atkins last night?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Might be a better game this year. Rumor is that Cville is improved.

Lineman

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 25, 2016, 12:19:07 pm
Might be a better game this year. Rumor is that Cville is improved.
Not hard to be better when that's the only option.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Lineman on August 25, 2016, 12:22:09 pm
Not hard to be better when that's the only option.
Lol true statement. They did win 1 game last year against Ozark lol.

Clara Allen

I'll admit that after the Dover scrimmage, I WAS having my doubts.  Being on the sideline, you hear a lot that maybe you shouldn't hear.   But at Thursday's practice, I don't have as many about the team.  They are proud to be a Warrior and they are pretty single minded about the season.  I cannot wait for Thursday AND Friday.  My mission in life is to pump up school spirit, not just for this game, but for all games, all sports.  I saw some fire Thursday and that was good.

ChucktownTiger

After talking to a buddy from Dover I'm gonna change my score. I think the game will b a little closer than I previously thought. I think Lamar will still win but in a closer game. Maybe a 14-21 point game. My guess is within a week or two they'll get on track and have all the bugs worked out. Good news is Clarksville will be working out kinks as well.

estep0520

Lamar-48 Clarksville-12  Lamar has no Trouble with this one

Warriors023

Clarksville is going to try and chew up as much time as they can, keeping Lamar's offense off the field as much as possible. If Lamar can keep clarksville in 3rd and long situations, it'll force them to do something that they don't want to do. Pass.

macadoshis

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on August 27, 2016, 11:26:13 am
After talking to a buddy from Dover I'm gonna change my score. I think the game will b a little closer than I previously thought. I think Lamar will still win but in a closer game. Maybe a 14-21 point game. My guess is within a week or two they'll get on track and have all the bugs worked out. Good news is Clarksville will be working out kinks as well.
If I used that kind of logic CT,and had believed everything my friend from Hector told me, I'd say the Tigers had no chance tonight against Dardy.  But we both don't believe either will happen realistically do we?

The Dynasty

Quote from: macadoshis on August 30, 2016, 03:03:09 pm
If I used that kind of logic CT,and had believed everything my friend from Hector told me, I'd say the Tigers had no chance tonight against Dardy.  But we both don't believe either will happen realistically do we?

I'll say this, Hector is freaking good. No doubt about that.

macadoshis

Quote from: The Dynasty on August 30, 2016, 03:10:57 pm
I'll say this, Hector is freaking good. No doubt about that.
I agree, we saw them all summer.  But are they good enough to "handle with ease" the Tiger?  That's what I was told.  They weren't impressed at all.

GBattack

I wouldn't say "with ease" since the score ended up at 7-6 Tigers, but as in all scrimmages, we learned a little.

The Dynasty

Quote from: macadoshis on August 30, 2016, 03:39:00 pm
I agree, we saw them all summer.  But are they good enough to "handle with ease" the Tiger?  That's what I was told.  They weren't impressed at all.

With ease? You're source had too much to drink for a weeknight. If you want to get down to it the one score they had was blown dead by the side judge because we had touched their QB and our boys stopped on the play. But that isn't taking anything away from Hector. They'd be tough in a real game without a doubt and I'm pulling for them to win it in the 2A.

macadoshis

Quote from: The Dynasty on August 30, 2016, 04:21:21 pm
With ease? You're source had too much to drink for a weeknight. If you want to get down to it the one score they had was blown dead by the side judge because we had touched their QB and our boys stopped on the play. But that isn't taking anything away from Hector. They'd be tough in a real game without a doubt and I'm pulling for them to win it in the 2A.
I didn't say I believed it. Lol.  Just made it to the game. Come find me. Four rows up from where you come in. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Oddly enough, this is a "no win" game for Lamar, even though they are two classes lower. If they win, they should have. If they lose, it is a disaster.

The Dynasty

Quote from: macadoshis on August 30, 2016, 06:29:42 pm
I didn't say I believed it. Lol.  Just made it to the game. Come find me. Four rows up from where you come in.

Dang it. I wish I would have seen this last night. I would have liked to met you. I'll just have to wait until we play later this year. Good luck Friday night.

macadoshis

Game Day !!!!   Last one for mine, at least on Friday nights.   Just praying for no injuries and good sportsmanship.  Sometimes that's hard when the two towns are so close.  We're all friends after the game.  I look for a closer game the last two years after watching both teams scrimmage.  Our line is unproven and that will be the key to what kind of season we will have.  If they can step up and give us time to throw and make a hole here and there then we'll be just fine.  Good luck to everyone playing tonight. 

warriors#32

I  am still going lamar 46 to 6. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Ought to be an interesting experiment in physics, at least. "What is the effect when a quarterback that size hits the line with a running start?" Get ready, Clarksville.

Warriors023

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on September 02, 2016, 07:35:02 am
Ought to be an interesting experiment in physics, at least. "What is the effect when a quarterback that size hits the line with a running start?" Get ready, Clarksville.
I guess we will find out the answer to that question tonight, although i think we can guess what happens "fight Song"

MICHAELSPAPPY

Reminds me of a play back in the good ol' days (1970 season at Booneville). We ran the wishbone, and our fullback was about 5-5, 190#, built like a block. We called him Stump. During the Purple/Gold game, I was playing safety. The line opened up and here he comes chugging right at me. All I could do was brace myself for the collision, because he wasn't going to dodge anyone. I tackled him, but my eyes were crossed for a while.

TheTruth2010

Ready for this game! I'm really exited to see how this 2016 version of Lamar will look! Will it be a more balanced attack this year?

Hollerboy79

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on September 02, 2016, 11:04:53 am
Ready for this game! I'm really exited to see how this 2016 version of Lamar will look! Will it be a more balanced attack this year?

Reports are. Obviously plenty of power, but our QB is also a fairly accurate passer. And reports are that our receiver corps has improved. We shall know more in a few hours.

TheTruth2010

According to hootens, we are a 30 point favorite

KREWSAWHEWSKI

AlumniLights

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on September 02, 2016, 12:55:05 pm
According to hootens, we are a 30 point favorite

Hooten's Eh? welp...see ya later!

TheTruth2010

Don't like what I see so far but the refs are horrible to say the least.

xadboy

Doesn't look good. Lamar looks a little sluggish so far.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas