• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

preseason 3a poll--vote

Started by HorseFeathers, August 16, 2016, 06:39:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

adaptedtigerfan

I think the biggest key is winning ball games...   They win them all they will be the champs.   🤔🤔🤔

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 17, 2016, 02:20:04 pm
I think the biggest key is winning ball games...   They win them all they will be the champs.   🤔🤔🤔
That's deep.

GBattack

Quote from: Lineman on August 17, 2016, 01:20:51 pm
It's not what the Tigers lost, it's what's returning.

Yes!! According to this weeks paper, we will be returning 16 starters, some of whom started as Sophomores. The defense should be much improved, but we have to stay healthy...

TeeLee

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on August 17, 2016, 01:52:54 pm
Here's my non homer opinion.

Last year we lost games we shouldn't have even let be that close. Your average fan could see the team lacked leadership at times. You watched a YOUNG tiger team struggle last year. The D line will be better and stronger than last year. The O line will have something to prove, they looked improved during the black and white game but still have a ways to go. I think they'll get there and will improve each week. I would say most of the Key Positions are back and those that aren't have been filled with some great talent. This football team had all the potential in the world. They are a talented bunch. They now have experience and the main thing I think is leadership. This group of SRs is a great group and will hold one another accountable.

A key difference this year is our D. Even though it was the black and white game those guys were getting to the ball better and actually wrapping up and making a tackle. On offense you put KETTER Wisdom Flanagan and Rowland together. It's gonna be dangerous. Those guys are ALL play makers and game changers.

If this is your non homer opinion, I would now like to hear your homer opinion.   ;D

Skip

Quote from: macadoshis on August 17, 2016, 12:18:38 pm
No love for Lamar Skip ?
I thought about them and one or two others at 9 & 10 but Lamar looks to be young this year and may be a year away. They do return that monster Davenport, I actually talked to him last year after the Prescott game and wished him luck in his future. Seems like a pretty good kid

Skip

Quote from: macadoshis on August 17, 2016, 12:18:38 pm
No love for Lamar Skip ?
I thought about them and one or two others at 9 & 10 but Lamar looks to be young this year and may be a year away. They do return that monster Davenport, I actually talked to him last year after the Prescott game and wished him luck in his future. Seems like a pretty good kid

Skip

BigMan15

Quote from: Skip on August 18, 2016, 09:09:12 am
With Lamar they also got some of their basketball players to play football this year plus a couple of move ins plus Davenport back 100% they will be tough!!

Coltfan2005

Glen Rose
Prescott
Charleston
HA
Smackover
Haskell
Fordyce
Rivercrest
Centerpoint
Lamar

CoolBreeze

Quote from: SR30 on August 17, 2016, 02:19:44 am
Gr returns 14 seniors with most of them being 3 year starters. The offensive line alone returns 4 seniors and a Jr all of whom started or seen significant playing time last year. The quarterback is also a returning 3 year starter. The defenseive line will consist of a 3 year starter at DT and a sophmore DT who was moved up as a freshman last year for the playoffs and immediately made a big impact also they 2 returning players for DE. The linebackers and secondary are all returning starters as well. The only weakness is at the RB position which is starting to take form. This team went 2-8 two years ago and turned that around to a 10-3 season last year getting beat out of the playoffs by eventual state runner up rivercrest. With all that returning they should have a very solid year.

And if I remember correctly that loss was at Rivercrest.

CoolBreeze

I'd say the biggest reason to rank Chucktown high would be history.

The following comes from dpgpodcast:

"The back-to-back winner in 2013 and 2014, No. 2 Charleston is in a familiar position. The Tigers are ranked in the preseason top two for the fourth year in a row. They have not opened outside the Top 10 since 1998. More remarkably, they have been in every classification Top 15 since 1988. Charleston has 13 finishes in the Top 5 during that time."

And if I remember correctly, 5 state championships.

I'm hardly a Tiger fan, but it's hard to argue with success.

Cupkake24

1. Prescott
2. HA
3. GR
4.Charleston
5. Lamar
6. Smackover
7. Centerpoint
8. Junction
9. Fordyce
10. Rivercrest

HorseFeathers

Quote from: CoolBreeze on August 27, 2016, 12:48:49 pm
I'd say the biggest reason to rank Chucktown high would be history.

The following comes from dpgpodcast:

"The back-to-back winner in 2013 and 2014, No. 2 Charleston is in a familiar position. The Tigers are ranked in the preseason top two for the fourth year in a row. They have not opened outside the Top 10 since 1998. More remarkably, they have been in every classification Top 15 since 1988. Charleston has 13 finishes in the Top 5 during that time."

And if I remember correctly, 5 state championships.

I'm hardly a Tiger fan, but it's hard to argue with success.

Overrated

Lineman

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lineman on August 27, 2016, 04:39:50 pm
You're right, we'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

playoffs? The tigers will be lucky to not get mercy rules by mansfield

Lineman

I'm more worried about Two Rivers.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: CoolBreeze on August 27, 2016, 12:37:59 pm
And if I remember correctly that loss was at Rivercrest.

Does the location make a difference?

AlumniLights

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 27, 2016, 04:48:46 pm
playoffs? The tigers will be lucky to not get mercy rules by mansfield

Come on HF...Really?

Warriors023

August 29, 2016, 10:58:55 pm #68 Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 08:57:34 am by Warriors023
1. Harding Academy
2. Prescott
3. Glen Rose
4. Lamar
5. Charleston
6. Junction City
7. Smackover
8. Rivercrest
9. McGehee
10. Clinton

SR30

August 29, 2016, 11:51:36 pm #69 Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:58:43 pm by SR30
Go ahead and drop Center point out of that top 10 after a opening loss to the lions...

WPWells

Skip Baymore

August 29, 2016, 11:59:09 pm #71 Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:03:56 am by Skip Baymore
1.   Glen Rose
2.   Harding Academy
3.   Charleston
4.   Prescott
5.   Smackover
6.   Junction City
7.   Lamar
8.   Rivercrest
9.   Centerpoint
10. Clinton

A pretty salty top 8 for sure (but Im sure changes to the poll are coming soon.....)  Skip.

SR30

IMO how can you run in the top 10 in 3A when you lost to a 2A team. Mt Ida is good but they are sophmore heavy..Centerpoint will have to buckle down to recover next week. I believe they step down in class to a pretty good Magnet Cove team..like I said just my opinion that you gotta win those games against smaller conferences to stay in the top 10 of 3A..if Gr loses to Camden Harmony Grove I would say the same thing about them.

Skip Baymore

Hey SR30.  I'm not sure if this is a direct response to my poll (since I just posted it).  It is an IMO thing as you have stated.   Not ready to move CP out of the top 10 yet.  It could be coming though.  Didn't move Smackover out of the top 10 last year after losing to a 2A team.   And not gonna move GR out of the 3A top 10 if they happen to lose this week (if its tight). 

SR30

No skip not at u...Fred asked why I said they should be moved so I stated my opinion..

Skip Baymore

Quote from: SR30 on August 30, 2016, 01:50:34 am
No skip not at u...Fred asked why I said they should be moved so I stated my opinion..

All good SR30.  I did know that CP had lost but still feel like they should be in the 10 (at least for now).  I'm kind of surprised that they didn't put up a few more points though........

Head Lion

So much for the preseason polls.

WPWells

Easy top four after this week. In some order:

Prescott
Charleston
Junction City
Glen Rose

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas