• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

preseason 3a poll--vote

Started by HorseFeathers, August 16, 2016, 06:39:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Proud Buckaroo

August 16, 2016, 07:10:59 pm #1 Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 07:14:51 pm by Proud Buckaroo
1. Harding. (Never believe in taking the champion from number 1 until they are beaten.)
2. Prescott.
3. Charleston.
4. Glen Rose.
5. Smackover.
6. Junction.
7. Lamar.
8. Rivercrest.
9. Clinton.
10. Mcgehee.

Longfellow

1. Harding Academy
2. Charleston
3. Prescott
4. Glen Rose
5. Lamar
6. Junction City
7. Smackover
8. Centerpoint
9. McGehee
10. Clinton

beach bum

1.Harding Academy
2.Charleston
3.Prescott
4.Junction City
5.Lamar
6.Smackover
7.Glen Rose
8.Rivercrest
9.Centerpoint
10.Paris

**** Right on the fringe of the top 10 in no particular order: Clinton, Manila, Greenland, Bald Knob, Newport

Coltfan2005

Manila? Now that is an interesting choice.

Headhunter15

1. HA
2. Glen rose
3. Charleston
4. Smackover ;D ;D ;D ;D
5. JC  ;D ;D ;D ;D
6. Prescott
7. Centerpoint
8. Lamar
9. MCGehee
10. Rivercrest

macadoshis

1. HA
2. Glen rose
3. Lamar
4. Charleston
5. Smackover
6. Prescott
7. JC
8. Centerpoint
9. MCGehee
10. Rivercrest

HorseFeathers

great start so far to a poll that's always suffered from low particpation...

WPWells

1. Harding Academy
2. Smackover
3. Glen Rose
4. Charleston
5. Rivercrest
6. Lamar
7. Junction City
8. Prescott
9. Centerpoint
10. Paris
11. Bearden

GrindTime

1.Harding
2.Prescott
3. Charleston.
4. Smackover.
5.Glenrose.
6. Junction.
7. Lamar.
8. Rivercrest.
9. Centerpoint.
10. Mcgehe

Black and Gold

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 16, 2016, 07:10:59 pm
1. Harding. (Never believe in taking the champion from number 1 until they are beaten.)
2. Prescott.
3. Charleston.
4. Glen Rose.
5. Smackover.
6. Junction.
7. Lamar.
8. Rivercrest.
9. Clinton.
10. Mcgehee.
I'm Liking this one. I think in certain situations, Smackover, Lamar and JC could be switched. I do wonder why Glen Rose is getting so much praise this year. Can anyone enlighten me?

Headhunter15

Quote from: Black and Gold on August 16, 2016, 11:20:12 pm
I'm Liking this one. I think in certain situations, Smackover, Lamar and JC could be switched. I do wonder why Glen Rose is getting so much praise this year. Can anyone enlighten me?

I may be off or wrong but I think they return 95% of everybody from last year

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 17, 2016, 12:55:47 am
I may be off or wrong but I think they return 95% of everybody from last year

Everyone but their RB.

SR30

Gr returns 14 seniors with most of them being 3 year starters. The offensive line alone returns 4 seniors and a Jr all of whom started or seen significant playing time last year. The quarterback is also a returning 3 year starter. The defenseive line will consist of a 3 year starter at DT and a sophmore DT who was moved up as a freshman last year for the playoffs and immediately made a big impact also they 2 returning players for DE. The linebackers and secondary are all returning starters as well. The only weakness is at the RB position which is starting to take form. This team went 2-8 two years ago and turned that around to a 10-3 season last year getting beat out of the playoffs by eventual state runner up rivercrest. With all that returning they should have a very solid year.

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on August 17, 2016, 02:19:44 am
Gr returns 14 seniors with most of them being 3 year starters. The offensive line alone returns 4 seniors and a Jr all of whom started or seen significant playing time last year. The quarterback is also a returning 3 year starter. The defenseive line will consist of a 3 year starter at DT and a sophmore DT who was moved up as a freshman last year for the playoffs and immediately made a big impact also they 2 returning players for DE. The linebackers and secondary are all returning starters as well. The only weakness is at the RB position which is starting to take form. This team went 2-8 two years ago and turned that around to a 10-3 season last year getting beat out of the playoffs by eventual state runner up rivercrest. With all that returning they should have a very solid year.

So tell me, do they have a lot of returning starters?

The Dynasty

August 17, 2016, 09:05:50 am #15 Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:16:13 am by The Dynasty
1. Harding
2. Charleston
3. Glen Rose
4. Lamar
5. Junction
6. Prescott
7. Smackover
8. Rivercrest
9. Clinton
10. Mcgehee

47. Paris

Skip

1 HA
2 Prescott
3 Charleston
4 JC
5 Rivercrest
6 Smackover
7 GR
8 Centerpoint
9 Fordyce
10 Osceola

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: The Dynasty on August 17, 2016, 09:05:50 am
1. Harding
2. Charleston
3. Glen Rose
4. Lamar
5. Junction
6. Prescott
7. Smackover
8. Rivercrest
9. Clinton
10. Mcgehee

47. Paris

Couldn't agree more! Great Job!!!

SR30

August 17, 2016, 09:57:00 am #18 Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 10:21:10 am by SR30
Always gotta be one in every thread

OB11

1. Harding Academy
2. Glen Rose
3. Prescott
4. Charleston
5. Junction City
6. Smackover
7. Rivercrest
8. Centerpoint
9. Lamar
10. Hoxie

BigMan15

1. Glen Rose
2. Prescott
3. Harding
4. Smackover
5. Junction
6. Rivercrest
7. Charleston
8. Lamar
9. Centerpoint
10. Paris

Lineman

Quote from: SR30 on August 17, 2016, 09:57:00 am
Always gotta be one in every thread
Somebody's got to be last!!

The Dynasty

Quote from: Lineman on August 17, 2016, 10:39:29 am
Somebody's got to be last!!

Exactly Lineman. Might as well go with the most experienced at being last.

State champs 2010

August 17, 2016, 10:42:00 am #23 Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 10:45:46 am by State champs 2010
1. Harding
2. Prescott
3. Glen Rose
4. Rivercrest
5. Smackover
6. Charleston
7. Junction
8. Centerpoint
9. Lamar
10. Osceola

GBattack

I'm so happy to see Dynasty and Chuck on here again...it was pretty lonely on the Charleston side. All I've read about ALL summer is JC and GR...and I'll agree with Dynasty's prediction.

BigMan15

Quote from: State champs 2010 on August 17, 2016, 10:42:00 am
1. Harding
2. Prescott
3. Glen Rose
4. Rivercrest
5. Smackover
6. Charleston
7. Junction
8. Centerpoint
9. Lamar
10. Osceola
That looks pretty good as well

Head Lion

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: GBattack on August 17, 2016, 10:44:59 am
I'm so happy to see Dynasty and Chuck on here again...it was pretty lonely on the Charleston side. All I've read about ALL summer is JC and GR...and I'll agree with Dynasty's prediction.

All the GR and JC talk put me to sleep this summer. The Black and White game got me back on track Saturday.

GBattack

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on August 17, 2016, 11:12:37 am

All the GR and JC talk put me to sleep this summer. The Black and White game got me back on track Saturday.

I told your wife on Monday to have you get on here so I'd have something good to read...lol. Glad you're back...looking forward to a good year of Tiger football!!

AlumniLights

Quote from: SR30 on August 17, 2016, 02:19:44 am

GR will probably surprise people. Seems they have gotten better each year as they mature. They will make a deep run again.

macadoshis

Quote from: Skip on August 17, 2016, 09:12:11 am
1 HA
2 Prescott
3 Charleston
4 JC
5 Rivercrest
6 Smackover
7 GR
8 Centerpoint
9 Fordyce
10 Osceola
No love for Lamar Skip ?

Longfellow

BigMan15

What do you guys think of the 3A-4 I personally think one injury or one call could determine the games between Paris Charleston and Lamar and maybe Atkins

Longfellow

Nate Davidson is a game breaker for Paris, but I thought their offensive line was undisciplined. That will be big for them in my opinion

WPWells

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 17, 2016, 12:38:38 pm
What do you guys think of the 3A-4 I personally think one injury or one call could determine the games between Paris Charleston and Lamar and maybe Atkins

Again, stick to basketball

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 17, 2016, 12:38:38 pm

The Lamar game, I could see that being the case. The Atkins game interest me however I think they are looking at a third place finish. To throw Paris in that mix is crazy at this point. I think your're blinded by your love affair with the blue eagle.

BigMan15

I dont love Paris I just think logical if we are on that topic please tell me how Charleston will be so good losing all that they had and just gain Caudle but yet they are ranked #2....dont be a homer!!!

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 17, 2016, 01:14:27 pm
I dont love Paris I just think logical if we are on that topic please tell me how Charleston will be so good losing all that they had and just gain Caudle but yet they are ranked #2....dont be a homer!!!

Before I answer, what did we lose? I must be missing something.

Lineman

It's not what the Tigers lost, it's what's returning.

WPWells

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on August 17, 2016, 01:18:55 pm
Before I answer, what did we lose? I must be missing something.

I don't see how we'll be anything but better this year

Biggest loss may be kicker

BigMan15

Lineman

They lost 3 o linemen, 1 spent a good portion of the year hurt. The only loss on D would be Binz, IMO.

The Dynasty

Let's look at this honestly..... we weren't very good last year. By the end of the year some of the underclassmen were getting more and more playing time. I think this senior class is all around better and deeper than last years. Also Flanagan/Wisdom/Ketter/Rowland all have a year under their belt. We should be much better than we were last year.

BigMan15

To me the biggest key is Offensive and Defensive Line if they set up we will have a chance.

The Dynasty

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 17, 2016, 01:33:46 pm
To me the biggest key is Offensive and Defensive Line if they set up we will have a chance.

Bingo!!!!

ChucktownTiger

August 17, 2016, 01:52:54 pm #45 Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 01:55:08 pm by ChucktownTiger

Here's my non homer opinion.

Last year we lost games we shouldn't have even let be that close. Your average fan could see the team lacked leadership at times. You watched a YOUNG tiger team struggle last year. The D line will be better and stronger than last year. The O line will have something to prove, they looked improved during the black and white game but still have a ways to go. I think they'll get there and will improve each week. I would say most of the Key Positions are back and those that aren't have been filled with some great talent. This football team had all the potential in the world. They are a talented bunch. They now have experience and the main thing I think is leadership. This group of SRs is a great group and will hold one another accountable.

A key difference this year is our D. Even though it was the black and white game those guys were getting to the ball better and actually wrapping up and making a tackle. On offense you put KETTER Wisdom Flanagan and Rowland together. It's gonna be dangerous. Those guys are ALL play makers and game changers.

Lineman

The biggest key is staying healthy, with only 36 on the roster, it could get a little tight.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: Lineman on August 17, 2016, 01:54:54 pm
The biggest key is staying healthy, with only 36 on the roster, it could get a little tight.

Couldn't agree more!

OB11

Quote from: Lineman on August 17, 2016, 01:54:54 pm

Yep, that is a big key for all 3A teams.  I'd say between 30 and 35 would be the average 3A team.  Lose a key player or two and your season can be in trouble. 

BigMan15

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on August 17, 2016, 01:52:54 pm
Here's my non homer opinion.

Last year we lost games we shouldn't have even let be that close. Your average fan could see the team lacked leadership at times. You watched a YOUNG tiger team struggle last year. The D line will be better and stronger than last year. The O line will have something to prove, they looked improved during the black and white game but still have a ways to go. I think they'll get there and will improve each week. I would say most of the Key Positions are back and those that aren't have been filled with some great talent. This football team had all the potential in the world. They are a talented bunch. They now have experience and the main thing I think is leadership. This group of SRs is a great group and will hold one another accountable.

A key difference this year is our D. Even though it was the black and white game those guys were getting to the ball better and actually wrapping up and making a tackle. On offense you put KETTER Wisdom Flanagan and Rowland together. It's gonna be dangerous. Those guys are ALL play makers and game changers.
Well said!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas