• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen Rose

Started by Glen rose sprit, August 05, 2016, 12:28:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BM22

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on August 11, 2016, 11:42:10 pm
as I stated and what Snoopy was getting at, referring to that the top bracket had teams that GR didn't match up with well and they benefited by being in the bottom and weaker bracket with better matchups for GR.  Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Cedarville, Hoxie, and Marshall weren't exactly powerhouses(and still aren't) lol they had good years but weren't contenders by any means. Glen Rose wouldn't have made it past Mayflower, Prescott/Bauxite, Shiloh 3 games in a row. They pulled it off beating a good Shiloh team in the finals but it wouldn't have been smooth sailing to the finals in the Top End like they did in the bottom. End of the day thou 2007 State Championship is the Glen Rose Beaver's. Not the first time we have seen a team benefit from a draw in the playoffs. Won't be the last.
LOL... GR would have most definately beat a 7-5 Mayflower team in '07. That is funny, man. Prescott would have been a closer game. It would have been tough for Bauxite to beat GR twice in a month. All hypothetical anyway. One thing is for sure, when it comes to the GR/Bauxite rivalry, the worm has definately turned.

quicksand

August 12, 2016, 07:24:21 am #51 Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 07:26:21 am by quicksand
In 2006 and 2007, this "rivalry" people speak of decided the conference championship.  In 2008, nothing really.  A year later it decided 2nd place in the conference.  For the last few years Bauxite has moved to 4A while Glen Rose remains in 3A.  What benefit does this "rivalry" have anymore?

I would like to see an actual formed rivalry between Fountain Lake and Bauxite.  Both teams are in the same conference and was old 5A South conference foes from the 70's and 80's.  No one that I know of has spoke about that.

DeeGee

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 11, 2016, 05:07:54 pm
Who's back Dee?

The silly one who started this thread.  Not you tiger, we are friends!

BM22

Quote from: quicksand on August 12, 2016, 07:24:21 am
In 2006 and 2007, this "rivalry" people speak of decided the conference championship.  In 2008, nothing really.  A year later it decided 2nd place in the conference.  For the last few years Bauxite has moved to 4A while Glen Rose remains in 3A.  What benefit does this "rivalry" have anymore?

I would like to see an actual formed rivalry between Fountain Lake and Bauxite.  Both teams are in the same conference and was old 5A South conference foes from the 70's and 80's.  No one that I know of has spoke about that.
Even though Bauxite and GR are no longer in the same conference, it will still be referred to as a rivalry game. I see your point on FL/Bauxite. I think this is a natural in-conference rivalry. Funny thing is, this year H Harmony Grove and Bauxite are playing in the inaugural "Saline River Rivalry" game with a trophy outlining saline county. A mini version of the Salt Bowl I guess. Lol

The Dynasty

Bauxite vs Glen Rose

Kehner vs. Patton

Stay classy San Diego..... :-X

adaptedtigerfan

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: The Dynasty on August 12, 2016, 11:00:35 am
Bauxite vs Glen Rose

Kehner vs. Patton

ff cop coming soon

minerjack

Rivalries die from switching conferences. Bauxite and Magnet Cove used to hold the Aluminum Bowl with a trophy. After Bauxite moved to 3A, the rivalry ceased to exist. I think Bauxite and GR are trying to keep something fun on the schedule like the good ole days. I'd imagine GR is probably the one pushing for the game more considering it's almost a given W for them now.

minerjack

Rivalries die from switching conferences. Bauxite and Magnet Cove used to hold the Aluminum Bowl with a trophy. After Bauxite moved to 3A, the rivalry ceased to exist. I think Bauxite and GR are trying to keep something fun on the schedule like the good ole days. I'd imagine GR is probably the one pushing for the game more, considering it's almost a given W for them now.

BM22

Quote from: minerjack2212 on August 15, 2016, 12:13:52 pm
Rivalries die from switching conferences. Bauxite and Magnet Cove used to hold the Aluminum Bowl with a trophy. After Bauxite moved to 3A, the rivalry ceased to exist. I think Bauxite and GR are trying to keep something fun on the schedule like the good ole days. I'd imagine GR is probably the one pushing for the game more, considering it's almost a given W for them now.
Lol, not necessarily. Benton/Bryant , Rison/Fordyce, Nashville/Hope and others seem to thrive.

purpleswag

Bauxite vs Glen Rose

Kehner vs. Patton

Why would this be a big deal??

SR30

While the game between Gr and Bauxite still continues I don't see it as the big rivalry anymore. I do however see the GR/Haskell Harmony Grove taking it's place. The more these teams play and the better HHG gets the games get more intense. Of course this is just my opinion but anyone else agree?

minerjack

Quote from: BM22 on August 15, 2016, 09:47:24 pm
Lol, not necessarily. Benton/Bryant , Rison/Fordyce, Nashville/Hope and others seem to thrive.
Yes, but like Lake Hamilton and Lakeside, I think both schools have become exhausted of it.

quicksand

Quote from: SR30 on August 16, 2016, 07:31:34 am
While the game between Gr and Bauxite still continues I don't see it as the big rivalry anymore. I do however see the GR/Haskell Harmony Grove taking it's place. The more these teams play and the better HHG gets the games get more intense. Of course this is just my opinion but anyone else agree?
I agree.  I can't believe the GR/HHG rivalry didn't start once HHG started football.  Only a few miles separate the two schools that happen to be in the same classification.  Sounds like a rivalry to me.

SR30

It is growing to be one quickly. However I have a feeling next time around HHG will move up to 4a..a good reliable source tells me they had 136 new enrollments just in the high school alone

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SR30 on August 16, 2016, 10:26:20 am
It is growing to be one quickly. However I have a feeling next time around HHG will move up to 4a..a good reliable source tells me they had 136 new enrollments just in the high school alone

Do I smell recruiting? LOL.

SR30

Not really. There are subdivisions left and right in Haskell now. On top of that all of the kids who left little rock for Benton and Bryant have now forced other kids to leave Benton and Bryant for bauxite and HHG. From my understanding not to many who have transfered even play sports

Proud Buckaroo

I was just joking. Lol. I know what's going on.

Randy

what is the series record

BM22

HorseFeathers

good chance of it....last year they averaged close to 100 students per class, and are growing quickly

ChucktownTiger

Bauxite vs Glen Rose

Kehner vs. Patton

The season hasn't even started and you're already on your A game.

hogalum05

August 20, 2016, 09:35:57 pm #72 Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 09:55:08 pm by hogalum05
As far as the conversation about 07. You talk about GR's road to the SC. GR did beat a Marshall team who had beat the heck out of everybody that year, including Harding Academy, by 38 I think, and Mayflower by 21.

Glen rose sprit

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 10, 2016, 03:30:51 pm

Do you remember the one he had against Charleston's starters in 13?    I don't either.     And SR30 you must have just moved to GR last year....   Because spirt is exactly what GR is about.

Plus 1

One two three........GOML

Glen rose sprit

Quote from: Longfellow on August 10, 2016, 04:19:05 pm
It's funny. Every poster from GR says that those things and those posters don't represent what the community and the coach and the football program are about, but that's the only impression we've ever been given. Y'all are quick to say that Kehner is a good guy and is this and that, but you never respond to the things we have seen him from him

I am what every Glen Rose fan wishes they could be. Staight up  ans down.

One two three........ GOML

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on August 10, 2016, 04:19:05 pm
It's funny. Every poster from GR says that those things and those posters don't represent what the community and the coach and the football program are about, but that's the only impression we've ever been given. Y'all are quick to say that Kehner is a good guy and is this and that, but you never respond to the things we have seen him from him

had more than the one incident from WMS been reported?...I remember some people made up some stuff about some post game actions towards Haskell a couple years ago

Glen rose sprit

Quote from: purpleswag on August 16, 2016, 06:14:09 am
Why would this be a big deal??

In the new paper bauxite coach's goal this year was to beat Glen Rose. Case closed, we at Glen Rose are on top the minors are the bottoms.

One two three...........GOML

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Glen rose sprit on August 24, 2016, 09:46:41 am
In the new paper bauxite coach's goal this year was to beat Glen Rose. Case closed, we at Glen Rose are on top the minors are the bottoms.

I hope you meant Miners. Is this the same little fella that trashed the Colts for a solid week last playoff season, picking Glen Rose to beat them by three touchdowns? Then went bye-bye after the Colts beat Glen Rose?

WPWells

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 24, 2016, 10:55:13 am
I hope you meant Miners. Is this the same little fella that trashed the Colts for a solid week last playoff season, picking Glen Rose to beat them by three touchdowns? Then went bye-bye after the Colts beat Glen Rose?

Yep

State champs 2010

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 24, 2016, 10:55:13 am
hahahahahaha!!!! Got em!

SR30

Yes he is unfortunately. I'm guessing spirit wasn't at the scrimmage last night.  We are going to have to play better than we did last night or it will be a long year

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: SR30 on August 24, 2016, 11:06:01 am
Yes he is unfortunately. I'm guessing spirit wasn't at the scrimmage last night.  We are going to have to play better than we did last night or it will be a long year
Who did you guys scrimmage against?

BM22

August 24, 2016, 02:46:35 pm #82 Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 03:49:56 pm by BM22
Quote from: Glen rose sprit on August 24, 2016, 09:46:41 am

Lol... Patton's already had some instant classic quotes in the newspaper such as "it is really hard to say (who the team to beat is) because I am a newcomer to the conference". His very next quote is " but my philosophy has always been that if you want to be the champ, you have got to beat the champ and Nashville is the defending champion, so you start with them and work your way down". Lol.. First off, pretty sure that all 10 teams on their schedule are "the team to beat" judging by the lack of success they have had over the last 6 years. Secondly, bauxite, probably needs to focus on HHG, then GR, then Dumas and so on. Nashville is the last game of the season so the Miners might need to work their way UP to the Scrappers.

SR30

GRAlum09

Not the typical GR poster here. But let's keep in mind this was a scrimmage. Everything is kept basic. Always a lot of work and improvements  made from scrimmages to week 1.

Coltfan2005

I still got Glen Rose picked #1.

jr17

Hey, maybe Mayflower will be better than we thought. I was prepared for a longggg season.

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 10, 2016, 03:30:51 pm
Do you remember the one he had against Charleston's starters in 13?    I don't either.     And SR30 you must have just moved to GR last year....   Because spirt is exactly what GR is about.
yep

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 10, 2016, 04:10:32 pm
No sir I remember it well.  Thank you.  Still didn't send birds to the GR fans and try to throw a haymaker on an official and have 20 PFs in that game.   
yep, was there to see that one too 😊

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 10, 2016, 05:50:50 pm
😂😂😂😂 you can tell you are new @ this game.   I don't get my feelings hurt on here.
true story😂😂😂

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: AlumniLights on August 11, 2016, 07:37:56 am
You can just hush now. We do not speak of that night! HAHA Unless it is in a joking manner. That GR team was unbelievable.
only unbelievable thing about that team was they tried to get as many penalties as possible 😂😂😂

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: SR30 on August 11, 2016, 11:54:11 am
This team has just as good of chance as the 07 team if they stay focused and play like they can.
that's bs, no way they are that good 😕

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: DeeGoldie on August 12, 2016, 07:57:13 am
The silly one who started this thread.  Not you tiger, we are friends!
good seeing you 😉

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: SR30 on August 16, 2016, 07:31:34 am
with their new coach, you better get better, just saying!!!

SR30

Trust me, they are that good.. If they play the way they should and get rid of the mistakes

mao

Quote from: SR30 on August 28, 2016, 12:21:42 am
Trust me, they are that good.. If they play the way they should and get rid of the mistakes

This team may end up just as good as the title team but they are not even close as of right now. It is absolutely unfair, to this team, to compare them to the 07 team. Can they get there? Time will tell but I do know that GR will improve each and every week.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: mao on August 28, 2016, 10:02:58 am
This team may end up just as good as the title team but they are not even close as of right now. It is absolutely unfair, to this team, to compare them to the 07 team. Can they get there? Time will tell but I do know that GR will improve each and every week.

Probably the best post you have ever made. +1 to you for legit trying to be serious.

Paperman

Beavers had a nice team last season! Good pieces coming back! Well coached! Should be solid this season!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas