• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen Rose

Started by Glen rose sprit, August 05, 2016, 12:28:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen rose sprit

Glen Rose.

One two three.........GOML

SR30

Was wondering how much longer until you showed yourself..

SR30

Keep it football sir..not BS

WPWells

+1 SR. He's a big reason why so many have a sour taste in their mouths in reference to GR

Coltfan2005

I remember this guy from last year. he spent an entire week trashing Rivercrest and telling how Glen Rose would NEVER get beat by them. The day after the game he just vanished. It made the Colt win twice as sweet. Unfortunately with what I expect from Glen Rose this year, we might have him around till week 15.

SR30

Just remember Spirit does not represent what we are about in GR. Trash talk is fun to an extent but what Spirit says is embarrassing for our school, team, and community

GBattack

SR30 most teams have a guy like that. We can tell the difference...😜

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 05, 2016, 10:10:33 am
I remember this guy from last year. he spent an entire week trashing Rivercrest and telling how Glen Rose would NEVER get beat by them. The day after the game he just vanished. It made the Colt win twice as sweet. Unfortunately with what I expect from Glen Rose this year, we might have him around till week 15.
He was doing some serious smack talking before the Prescott game last year but after they put a whopping on them i didn't hear to much from him. 🙂

WPWells

After the Prescott game he started talking about how they lost on purpose

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Fred Bird on August 05, 2016, 04:32:20 pm
After the Prescott game he started talking about how they lost on purpose
Yes he did. He should have took it like a man! 🙂

SR30

You gotta be a man to take it like a man

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SR30 on August 05, 2016, 04:55:55 pm
You gotta be a man to take it like a man

Um..... That's odd. :o

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 05, 2016, 05:06:45 pm
Um..... That's odd. :o
You got to take your teams whopping like a man and not cry about it and make excuses that's what I was talking about. I don't know what y'all were thinking. 🤔

Black and Gold

I like it when Sprit gets everyone fired up, keeps the boards interesting.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on August 05, 2016, 06:40:31 pm
You got to take your teams whopping like a man and not cry about it and make excuses that's what I was talking about. I don't know what y'all were thinking. 🤔

I knew what you were saying. Lol.

BM22

Quote from: Black and Gold on August 06, 2016, 01:50:45 pm
I like it when Sprit gets everyone fired up, keeps the boards interesting.
Lol... Right on.  Still miss ole Mao, though. Man, he could get folks riled up.

mao

Quote from: BM22 on August 07, 2016, 03:30:56 am
Lol... Right on.  Still miss ole Mao, though. Man, he could get folks riled up.

👏👏👏

RabidWolf

Whatever happened to Carlos Burton?

BM22

BM22

Quote from: RabidWolf on August 09, 2016, 10:28:06 pm
Whatever happened to Carlos Burton?
Not sure what Burton is doing now. I will never forget one of his many outstanding rushing td's he had against Bauxite back in 2013. It was classic!

adaptedtigerfan

Do you remember the one he had against Charleston's starters in 13?    I don't either.     And SR30 you must have just moved to GR last year....   Because spirt is exactly what GR is about.

SR30

I've had kids in GR and I worked for the school district itself since 2007. So I can and will restate the fact that people such as Spirit and Mao do not reflect the beliefs or attitude of the majority of GR fans..and you sir are just trying to start a ff war to pad your post.

SR30

And if we want to bring up performances of the past any team can do that..or did you forget the physical beat down of 2007 when we left the tigers purring off into the cold night to lick their wounds.

adaptedtigerfan

No sir I remember it well.  Thank you.  Still didn't send birds to the GR fans and try to throw a haymaker on an official and have 20 PFs in that game.   

Longfellow

It's funny. Every poster from GR says that those things and those posters don't represent what the community and the coach and the football program are about, but that's the only impression we've ever been given. Y'all are quick to say that Kehner is a good guy and is this and that, but you never respond to the things we have seen him from him

adaptedtigerfan

Longfellow, do you hear all those crickets?

SR30

Well tiger those crickets you are hearing would be the sound of people having a job and not living on FF boards. I have known Kehner for more than 20 years. Yes I have seen him lose his temper more than once. If you wear your feelings on your sleeve and get your feelings hurt easily, well sir I don't understand how u survive in life. We play physical smash mouth football. If you don't like it don't watch. If you don't like GR don't read their threads. So have a coke and a smile and move along..go pet your tiger. And Longfellow, he might need some help since it seems you like to do things in tandem..I'm sure you two will be the first in line to vote for hillary since u get so offended by things

adaptedtigerfan

Hello pot... My name is kettle!!!

SR30

Wow you truly do wear you feelings on your sleeve. No place in my post did I bash your team, your coach, or your community. You simply can't help but getting ur feelings hurt

adaptedtigerfan

😂😂😂😂 you can tell you are new @ this game.   I don't get my feelings hurt on here.

SR30

Awww you so,can't lie very well. Make sure ur phone is baby proof. We sure don't want those big tiger tears causing water damage.

adaptedtigerfan

You need to do some investigating there Mr. Holmes.   I don't get truly upset on here.

SR30

Then why do you keep responding to defend yourself?

adaptedtigerfan

Gotta have someone to talk to..  Ya know since it's so boring in Title town.

AlumniLights

Quote from: SR30 on August 10, 2016, 03:45:30 pm
And if we want to bring up performances of the past any team can do that..or did you forget the physical beat down of 2007 when we left the tigers purring off into the cold night to lick their wounds.

You can just hush now. We do not speak of that night! HAHA Unless it is in a joking manner. That GR team was unbelievable.

The Dynasty

2 things that I know are true

1) Adapted won't be voting for Hillary
2) Kehner is a hot head and sets a horrible example for his players which we saw in full force in LR in 2013.

If you guys need to know anything else just let me know.

BM22

Quote from: AlumniLights on August 11, 2016, 07:37:56 am
You can just hush now. We do not speak of that night! HAHA Unless it is in a joking manner. That GR team was unbelievable.
Yeah, the '07 team for GR was as tough as they come. The CG vs Shiloh may very well have been the best high school game I have ever seen. It had that David vs Goliath storyline and for GR to win it on a 2 point conversion in OT was awesome. Great call by the coaches. Vinson was a beast on both sides of the ball. Great team in deed!

adaptedtigerfan

Dynasty I don't know if your old neighbor would vote for her.

The Dynasty

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 11, 2016, 09:47:26 am
Dynasty I don't know if your old neighbor would vote for her.

Guaranteed she would have!!!!! ;)

Heck I might even go put a sign in her yard just for old times sake!!!!

AlumniLights

Quote from: BM22 on August 11, 2016, 08:47:26 am
Yeah, the '07 team for GR was as tough as they come. The CG vs Shiloh may very well have been the best high school game I have ever seen. It had that David vs Goliath storyline and for GR to win it on a 2 point conversion in OT was awesome. Great call by the coaches. Vinson was a beast on both sides of the ball. Great team in deed!

They weren't as good as Bauxite '06, but only 1 team was better than them that year. GR '07 was balanced, but Vinson made that team go.

snoopy22

Bauxite mercy ruled the 2007 GR team in week 10.  GR got the good side of the bracket and made the best of it.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: snoopy22 on August 11, 2016, 11:45:35 am
Bauxite mercy ruled the 2007 GR team in week 10.  GR got the good side of the bracket and made the best of it.
welcome back snoop.

SR30

This team has just as good of chance as the 07 team if they stay focused and play like they can.

BM22

Quote from: snoopy22 on August 11, 2016, 11:45:35 am
GR got the good side of the bracket and made the best of it.
Lol....C'mon man, where did you come up with that. Haha, surely you were joking. Actually the opposite is true. GR had a much tougher road. Bauxite had a bye, beat 7-4 Mayflower, beat 9-2-1 Prescott and got drilled by 12-1 Shiloh, 66-34. GR blew out 6-4 Cedarville, shutout 10-0 Marshall, shutout 10-1 Hoxie, beat 12-0 Charleston by 4 td's and of course beat 12-1 Shiloh in OT. GR's D was outstanding , giving up a average of just under 12 points a game.
Yes, Bauxite handed GR their only loss for the conference championship. I remember Bauxite fans chastising GR fans about that loss and Beaver fans simply responded "can we borrow the Miners conference championship t-shirts to polish our state championship rings". 

AlumniLights

Sounds like a mao response haha

DeeGee

Oh my he's back....
I'm just gonna say he forgot his meds and sit back and watch. 

HeadBussa08

Quote from: BM22 on August 11, 2016, 01:57:35 pm
Lol....C'mon man, where did you come up with that. Haha, surely you were joking. Actually the opposite is true. GR had a much tougher road. Bauxite had a bye, beat 7-4 Mayflower, beat 9-2-1 Prescott and got drilled by 12-1 Shiloh, 66-34. GR blew out 6-4 Cedarville, shutout 10-0 Marshall, shutout 10-1 Hoxie, beat 12-0 Charleston by 4 td's and of course beat 12-1 Shiloh in OT. GR's D was outstanding , giving up a average of just under 12 points a game.
Yes, Bauxite handed GR their only loss for the conference championship. I remember Bauxite fans chastising GR fans about that loss and Beaver fans simply responded "can we borrow the Miners conference championship t-shirts to polish our state championship rings". 

Glen Rose wouldn't have made it thru Bauxite, Prescott and Shiloh's Bracket that year. All the credit for beating Shiloh in the finals and taking advantage of the opportunity. but matchup wise GR got the best possible draw by getting Mercy ruled by Bauxite and getting the 2 seed. Game wasn't close.

adaptedtigerfan

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on August 11, 2016, 04:30:30 pm
Glen Rose wouldn't have made it thru Bauxite, Prescott and Shiloh's Bracket that year. All the credit for beating Shiloh in the finals and taking advantage of the opportunity. but matchup wise GR got the best possible draw by getting Mercy ruled by Bauxite and getting the 2 seed. Game wasn't close.

Bauxite was a matchup nightmare.   Plus playing in the Pit was intimidating.   No doubt that GR team couldnt get over the Bauxite hump...

But to say that Bauxite had a tougher route is just silly.   Last three opponents before Shilo were 32—1, including a Charleston team that hadn't allowed more that 14 point per game all season...

HeadBussa08

August 11, 2016, 11:42:10 pm #49 Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 11:46:26 pm by HeadBussa08
as I stated and what Snoopy was getting at, referring to that the top bracket had teams that GR didn't match up with well and they benefited by being in the bottom and weaker bracket with better matchups for GR.  Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Cedarville, Hoxie, and Marshall weren't exactly powerhouses(and still aren't) lol they had good years but weren't contenders by any means. Glen Rose wouldn't have made it past Mayflower, Prescott/Bauxite, Shiloh 3 games in a row. They pulled it off beating a good Shiloh team in the finals but it wouldn't have been smooth sailing to the finals in the Top End like they did in the bottom. End of the day thou 2007 State Championship is the Glen Rose Beaver's. Not the first time we have seen a team benefit from a draw in the playoffs. Won't be the last.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas