• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas varsity Preseason Rankings. What would you change.

Started by SR30, August 02, 2016, 05:25:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC Guy

twincats16

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 03, 2016, 07:59:59 am
What are your thoughts of the Smackover game? I look forward to seeing this game.

I really don't have a feel for how this game will go.  I expect Smackover to be very physical on the line.  HA has tons of speed at WR and RB.  If HA can get the ball to their playmakers in space, I would give them a good chance to come away with the W.  I don't know anything about what Smackover has coming back.  Should be a good early season test for both teams.

Headhunter15

August 03, 2016, 08:57:32 pm #52 Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:03:21 pm by Headhunter15
QB is back. Michael Edwards #3, rucks is back, Corbin lee. It's a few more Returning starters than that I just can't remember em all. It's some good ones coming in but I realistically don't see a ring coming to union county this year unless it's JC. Just keeping it real

Coltfan2005

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 03, 2016, 02:38:14 pm
He knows things are going down hill so he jumped ship

Instead of making this comment, why didn't you tell us why you know this program is going down hill? Explain to the board why jc is so much better than Smackover, Glen Rose, Charleston, Harding Academy, or Rivercrest. I just don't understand how you feel a 7-3 team will jump up a classification and totally dominate the teams in the 3A that you are bad mouthing. Remember, no one has said jc is a bunch of "losers" except you. perhaps you could show me a post where someone bad mouthed the JC team/program, as you have been doing to others.

THA TRUTH

If u look back I've never said anything about HA or Glen Rose cause I know nothing about them but as for the other squads u can just wait til the season starts and find out why what I say is true

GBattack

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 03, 2016, 09:33:38 pm

Instead of making this comment, why didn't you tell us why you know this program is going down hill? Explain to the board why jc is so much better than Smackover, Glen Rose, Charleston, Harding Academy, or Rivercrest. I just don't understand how you feel a 7-3 team will jump up a classification and totally dominate the teams in the 3A that you are bad mouthing. Remember, no one has said jc is a bunch of "losers" except you. perhaps you could show me a post where someone bad mouthed the JC team/program, as you have been doing to others.

+1

Hawgeye

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 02, 2016, 10:43:31 pm
Jc could possibly win it all so yes... I'm not one to sit here and give false praise if I say this then there is reason behind it

Mighty big talk coming from a program that only won 7 games a season ago and is stepping up in classification.

macadoshis

I think Lamar is too low, but I see them everyday.   Losing what we did last season, it's a fair placement. 

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Hawgeye on August 04, 2016, 06:20:43 am
Mighty big talk coming from a program that only won 7 games a season ago and is stepping up in classification.

Jc would've done the same thing if not better in 3a last year

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 04, 2016, 08:18:18 am

😂😂. Now that's funny right there.  But of course you will be playing the likes of GC DC and LV.   

Proud Buckaroo

Do you even Go to Junction games? I mean.. Other than the home games when you are standing on the sidelines, running the chains.

Lineman

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 04, 2016, 08:18:18 am

So you're saying they wouldn't have won it all last year in 3A either?

Coltfan2005

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 03, 2016, 09:50:17 pm
If u look back I've never said anything about HA or Glen Rose cause I know nothing about them but as for the other squads u can just wait til the season starts and find out why what I say is true

You know nothing about Rivercrest, didn't stop you from bashing them. The only thing you won't or can't do is back up your comments on FF. If you refuse to explain your comments, why comment at all?

THA TRUTH

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 04, 2016, 12:55:32 pm
You know nothing about Rivercrest, didn't stop you from bashing them. The only thing you won't or can't do is back up your comments on FF. If you refuse to explain your comments, why comment at all?

I've seen the teams I named play and I know what they lost and have coming back

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2016, 12:24:16 pm
Do you even Go to Junction games? I mean.. Other than the home games when you are standing on the sidelines, running the chains.

Na I don't even go to home games

Coltfan2005

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 04, 2016, 01:50:48 pm

I've seen the teams I named play and I know what they lost and have coming back

then without peeking at another site, tell us the size of the Colt line. Name the running backs and the linebackers.

THA TRUTH

Ur line is big but nothing that Jc hasn't seen and I don't have the talent at rb anymore that u had... When u face a team that can spread u out u have trouble and the biggest returning player for u is big77 (who is why Langston got most of his yards) he is a good size kid and can move well especially when he pulls and he delivers big blocks doing so

Coltfan2005

77 is not the only big boy on the line. Rivercrest will have no trouble facing a team that can spread out, the majority of the time it's run right up the gut. Surprised you didn't know that.

THA TRUTH

77 is ur best lineman the smackover game 80% of the plays were run behind him... When smackover spread y'all out plays were made but penalties negated a lot of em

dragondad#1

JC will be a good team with potential of being a great team..they will have a lot of speed, also some big boys, have a lot of depth for online & dline..The question will the youngsters step up when called on..Jalen Davis is the key for JC if he's close to 100% look out...but the defense will be stout filling #55 shoes is a tall task but I think they will be OK...I'm always here just don't post a lot ..my son plays on the team so I keep my comments to a minimum...

SR30

Wow and still no bashing of GR or its ranking...I had to make sure I was on the right FF and not some pretend site

WPWells

Quote from: SR30 on August 04, 2016, 11:48:17 pm
Wow and still no bashing of GR or its ranking...I had to make sure I was on the right FF and not some pretend site

Nope. GR will be good this year and possibly even state championship good. I may switch HA and GR, but that's just personal preference since I like to keep last year's champ #1 until they're beaten.

BigMan15

Quote from: SR30 on August 02, 2016, 05:25:54 pm
Arkansas varsity top 15. What teams would you add, subtract, or change ranking and why?? Not based on program reputation, coach or just because you don't like them. Let's try for a honest ranking system here..can we do it?

ARKANSASVARSITY.COM CLASS 3A TOP 15

1: Glen Rose

2: Harding Academy

3: Charleston

4: Prescott

5: Junction City

6: Smackover

7: Rivercrest

8: Haskell Harmony Grove

9: Centerpoint

10: Clinton

11: Fordyce

12: Lamar

13: Paris

14: Hoxie

15: McGehee
My Rankings (Guess)
1. Glen Rose
2. Prescott
3. Junction City
4. Harding
5. Lamar
6. Rivercrest
7. Charleston
8. Paris
9. Greenland
10. Clinton
11. HHG
12. Smackover
13. Fordyce
14. Atkins
15. Centerpoint

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 05, 2016, 10:11:37 am
My Rankings (Guess)
1. Glen Rose
2. Prescott
3. Junction City
4. Harding
5. Lamar
6. Rivercrest
7. Charleston
8. Paris
9. Greenland
10. Clinton
11. HHG
12. Smackover
13. Fordyce
14. Atkins
15. Centerpoint
The Glen Rose at Prescott game should be a good one this year but I thought the same last year but it was a Prescott blowout.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fred Bird on August 05, 2016, 06:08:31 am
Nope. GR will be good this year and possibly even state championship good. I may switch HA and GR, but that's just personal preference since I like to keep last year's champ #1 until they're beaten.

y'all get your life right, Fred just made a positive post about Glen rose

WPWells

My Rankings (Guess)
1. Glen Rose
2. Prescott
3. Junction City
4. Harding
5. Lamar
6. Rivercrest
7. Charleston
8. Paris
9. Greenland
10. Clinton
11. HHG
12. Smackover
13. Fordyce
14. Atkins
15. Centerpoint

BigMan, you're a good dude, but I'd stick to basketball 😉

Proud Buckaroo

Longfellow

My Rankings (Guess)
1. Two Rivers
2. Prescott
3. Junction City
4. Harding
5. Lamar
6. Rivercrest
7. Charleston
8. Paris
9. Greenland
10. Clinton
11. HHG
12. Smackover
13. Fordyce
14. Atkins
15. Centerpoint
FIFY

Coltfan2005

Quote from: SR30 on August 02, 2016, 05:25:54 pm
Arkansas varsity top 15. What teams would you add, subtract, or change ranking and why?? Not based on program reputation, coach or just because you don't like them. Let's try for a honest ranking system here..can we do it?

ARKANSASVARSITY.COM CLASS 3A TOP 15

1: Glen Rose

2: Harding Academy

3: Charleston

4: Prescott

5: Junction City

6: Smackover

7: Rivercrest

8: Haskell Harmony Grove

9: Centerpoint

10: Clinton

11: Fordyce

12: Lamar

13: Paris

14: Hoxie

15: McGehee

I'll play

1. Glen Rose
2. Prescott
3. Charleston
4. Harding Academy
5. Smackover
6. Haskell Harmony Grove
7. Fordyce
8. Rivercrest
9. Centerpoint
10. Lamar
11. Clinton
12. McGehee
13. Junction City
14. Paris
15. Hoxie

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 05, 2016, 07:51:45 pm
I'll play

1. Glen Rose
2. Prescott
3. Charleston
4. Harding Academy
5. Smackover
6. Haskell Harmony Grove
7. Fordyce
8. Rivercrest
9. Centerpoint
10. Lamar
11. Clinton
12. McGehee
13. Junction City
14. Paris
15. Hoxie

I like it.  8) 8)

BigLion10

Man Fred what happened to get you in such a good mood predicting GR to win state 😂😂

dragondad

WPWells

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 05, 2016, 09:00:02 pm
Man Fred what happened to get you in such a good mood predicting GR to win state 😂😂

No

bearbacker52

Quote from: GBattack on August 02, 2016, 09:04:48 pm
I hope everyone underestimates Charleston as much as you Truth... 8)

you say that like noone is gonna get up to play charleston?

GBattack

Quote from: bearbacker52 on August 05, 2016, 10:15:14 pm
you say that like noone is gonna get up to play charleston?

How can you tell from a typed sentence how I say anything? You can't "hear" the tone of my voice or "see" the expression on my face. That's why all you men on here argue like school girls... frankly, it's entertaining...

My statement was in response to Truth saying Charleston shouldn't be in the top 16... Take it however you read it, but it was in response to what he said. Charleston has a shot to win it all this year. They believe it...in fact, they expect it... and with this group of Seniors, that's probably the most important factor. But I'm not one to get into the testosterone-driven banter between a bunch of men that don't know the first thing about our program. I just like to read for the entertainment and occasionally drop a line or two. No ill will is ever intended from this football Mom...

JC Guy

Quote from: GBattack on August 05, 2016, 11:23:53 pm
How can you tell from a typed sentence how I say anything? You can't "hear" the tone of my voice or "see" the expression on my face. That's why all you men on here argue like school girls... frankly, it's entertaining...

My statement was in response to Truth saying Charleston shouldn't be in the top 16... Take it however you read it, but it was in response to what he said. Charleston has a shot to win it all this year. They believe it...in fact, they expect it... and with this group of Seniors, that's probably the most important factor. But I'm not one to get into the testosterone-driven banter between a bunch of men that don't know the first thing about our program. I just like to read for the entertainment and occasionally drop a line or two. No ill will is ever intended from this football Mom...
I can't speak for the other fan bases but a lot of us travel to other venues if we aren't playing. So some of us have seen a lot of other teams play. Where ever the best games are we go watch. High Shool football fans second. You know how the rest of that goes. Seriously we know you guys should be good this year.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: JC Guy on August 05, 2016, 11:38:52 pm
I can't speak for the other fan bases but a lot of us travel to other venues if we aren't playing. So some of us have seen a lot of other teams play. Where ever the best games are we go watch. High Shool football fans second. You know how the rest of that goes. Seriously we know you guys should be good this year.

Last year... I believe I went to 6 games that didn't even pertain to Smackover.

Longfellow

Over the past 3 years, I've watched Charleston play at least 15 times. Although, maybe those pretty girls had something to with that as well. Fred Bird knows the ones I mean

GBattack

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 06, 2016, 12:01:48 am
Last year... I believe I went to 6 games that didn't even pertain to Smackover.

After my son and my nephews' graduate...the youngest is a Sophomore this year...I will go watch other teams play. College ball is probably my favorite to watch, but I enjoy Friday nights almost as much (more when my kid's playing)...but even when I watch other teams play once or twice, I would never pretend to know anything more about their program other than what I observed with my own eyes...  to do otherwise would be quite narcissistic of me. 

WPWells

Quote from: Longfellow on August 06, 2016, 12:05:26 am
Over the past 3 years, I've watched Charleston play at least 15 times. Although, maybe those pretty girls had something to with that as well. Fred Bird knows the ones I mean

I'm going to act like I don't so that you have to put their names on here

Also, what are your thoughts on Charleston? Apparently seeing them a few times makes you as good a judge as anyone!

Longfellow

I will not put their names on here lol. My thoughts on Charleston?? Hmm that's tough. Flanagan and Wisdom were 2 of the fastest players in the conference as sophomores. Rowland is one of the best QB's in 3A. Ketter will be tough to stop at tailback. That defense won't be on the level of that 2013 monster, but will be tough. Kendrick is a good coach with a good scheme. Add all that together with the school tradition and you have a team ready and able to win a state title. Gotta beat Lamar first though

Lineman

Don't forget the beef upfront, several returning starters on the line. Tigers gotta beat the sand lizards first. Then worry about Lamar in October.

Longfellow

That was the only thing I wasn't sure on. I thought the OL had some starters coming back, just wasn't 100%. As for Dardanelle, they won't be cupcakes, but they just lost too much talent. Plus, it's non-conference

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: dragondad on August 05, 2016, 10:10:24 pm
JC at 13?  I love those odds!!
Pretty sure that was sarcasm. I could argue any point on where in the top 6 they should be but come on man.

dragondad

Quote from: Oldman on August 08, 2016, 10:02:43 am
Pretty sure that was sarcasm. I could argue any point on where in the top 6 they should be but come on man.

I'd rather see them viewed as the underdog, the long shot, makes the dialogue on here a lot more interesting.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: dragondad on August 08, 2016, 10:07:27 am
I'd rather see them viewed as the underdog, the long shot, makes the dialogue on here a lot more interesting.

The amount of humility displayed by the majority of your posters does not allow that.

THA TRUTH

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 08, 2016, 10:12:02 am
No need to show humility to those beneath Jc
Old big fish are much harder to catch. Keep trying.

THA TRUTH

Not worried bout catching anything just stating facts

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas