• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas varsity Preseason Rankings. What would you change.

Started by SR30, August 02, 2016, 05:25:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 05, 2016, 05:06:10 pm
Please... I second that. LOL.
HAHA I have heard that your best player moved back home...so that would make sense if not then i would have smackover around 6 or 7.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 08, 2016, 10:12:02 am
No need to show humility to those beneath Jc

It has been such a peaceful last few days. And now you start it all over again.

THA TRUTH

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 08, 2016, 11:16:08 am
HAHA I have heard that your best player moved back home...so that would make sense if not then i would have smackover around 6 or 7.

Pretty sure I cleared that up two weeks ago when you said the same thing. No, our best player didn't "go back home."

I asked Coach and his brother. He will be playing/staying at smackover until he graduates next year...

Paperman

Smackover should be really good. They lost alot of talent from that team last year, but they should be solid. Rivercrest can be real threat to return to the Rock if they get players in the right spots. They have a tremendous amount of talent and some real impressive skill players moving up from JH. I know Junction City has been good, real good in the past few years, but I don't know about them being ranked 5th. At any rate it is all speculation until we lace 'em up and start hitting for real in 3 1/2 weeks. Should be a fun ride.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: dragondad on August 08, 2016, 10:07:27 am
I'd rather see them viewed as the underdog, the long shot, makes the dialogue on here a lot more interesting.

from ranked 8th at the end of last season in 2A to 13th in 3A does not seem to be that big of a deal. Perhaps you are sensitive. If so, please swap #1 and #13 and I am sure that will fix any problem you have.

dragondad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 12, 2016, 09:05:08 pm
from ranked 8th at the end of last season in 2A to 13th in 3A does not seem to be that big of a deal. Perhaps you are sensitive. If so, please swap #1 and #13 and I am sure that will fix any problem you have.

Who's sensitive, I was being serious.  You'll have to use better bait than that to catch this Dragon

THA TRUTH

dragondad

Coltfan2005

THA TRUTH

Coltfan2005

That's a good reason. Do you find yourself lacking actual friends to have conversations with?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 16, 2016, 07:53:12 pm
That's a good reason. Do you find yourself lacking actual friends to have conversations with?

But, RKO is his "friend", Colt. Lollll.

THA TRUTH

THA TRUTH

Coltfan2005

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 16, 2016, 08:00:16 pm

Have to say I can proudly call Rko a friend

That's good. It is nice to have friends to help you and listen to you.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ISU7 on August 03, 2016, 03:18:00 am
Crest have some players out with injuries but should be ready when conference play come around.  They also have a couple move from RiverCrest. The line will be big backs will be young but have pretty good break away speed just not as strong as Langston but one may have more speed than Langston.  The Sr qb returns but will be pushed by a talented sophomore who led his Jr High team too an undefeated season last year. He  also would make an excellent receiver with size, and speed to get open. The defense returns 7 but will also have a sophomore who moved up in the post season and led the Colts in tackle from his linebacker spot during their playoff run too the finals. They will also get a starting linebacker back who miss all the playoff games due too injury during the early part of regular season.  Also keep an eye on Newport a team with big time tradition, dropping down from 4A to 3A they should compete in the 3-3A. Good luck too all the 3A teams. GO COLTS! !!!!

Will the Crest have a more balanced attack this year? I saw the state championship game. When Harding loaded up and stopped Langston, Crest had no one else to turn to.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Skip on August 03, 2016, 03:40:21 am
Not sure who should be #1 at this point but Harding Academy returned quite a bit and are the defending champs so maybe I will give them the nod. Glen Rose return basically everyone from last year and Charleston will be Charleston. You can never count JC out so keep an eye on them also. I like where Prescott is at in the 4-6 range so maybe we can fly under the radar until playoffs without the pressure of being #1 then make our run to hopefully another title.

Will Harding be able to compete at that level this year with a new QB? After Will Francis graduated, the had a couple of so-so years (For HA), even though brother Alex took over. Now that Alex is gone, what do things look like at QB?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: twincats16 on August 03, 2016, 07:48:54 am
Harding Academy lost their entire offensive line plus an all state QB.  They have a ton of talent returning at WR and RB.  They will be breaking in a new QB this year.  They should be solid defensively.  If they can find guys to step in on the OL and DL, they will be a contender.  Have tough games to open the season:  at Highland, at Smackover, Heber Springs at home and at Bald Knob to open conference play.  #2 may be a little high but definitely top 10.

Wow! what a bonechrushing way to start the season. Especially with a new QB. Two 4A teams, Smackover at Smackover, and one of the best teams in the conference. They could easily start the season 1-3.

SuperTurfMonkey

GR rated way to high...coach has proven he can't get it done over and over again

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: SuperTurfMonkey on August 27, 2016, 11:30:04 pm
GR rated way to high...coach has proven he can't get it done over and over again

What he said

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on August 27, 2016, 01:17:37 pm
Wow! what a bonechrushing way to start the season. Especially with a new QB. Two 4A teams, Smackover at Smackover, and one of the best teams in the conference. They could easily start the season 1-3.

Don't hold your breath on that one..

Gunslinger

Take Harding Academy completely out of that. With a bare cupboard and new coaches, they won't even make the playoffs. If they go .500, I would be thrilled. But they are not in the top 15 or 30 this year.

Jimbo Morphis

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas