• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas varsity Preseason Rankings. What would you change.

Started by SR30, August 02, 2016, 05:25:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SR30

Arkansas varsity top 15. What teams would you add, subtract, or change ranking and why?? Not based on program reputation, coach or just because you don't like them. Let's try for a honest ranking system here..can we do it?

ARKANSASVARSITY.COM CLASS 3A TOP 15

1: Glen Rose

2: Harding Academy

3: Charleston

4: Prescott

5: Junction City

6: Smackover

7: Rivercrest

8: Haskell Harmony Grove

9: Centerpoint

10: Clinton

11: Fordyce

12: Lamar

13: Paris

14: Hoxie

15: McGehee

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SR30 on August 02, 2016, 05:25:54 pm
Arkansas varsity top 15. What teams would you add, subtract, or change ranking and why?? Not based on program reputation, coach or just because you don't like them. Let's try for a honest ranking system here..can we do it?

Clinton at #10 just doesn't feel right.....2-8 in one of the weaker 4a conferences to top 10 in 3a?

ChucktownTiger

Headhunter15

Quote from: SR30 on August 02, 2016, 05:25:54 pm

I think fordyce is too high but that's just me. I never heard anything else about that other than gates and he's gone. Same with rivercrest with Langston being gone

SR30

Rivercrest played tough on both sides of the ball when they eliminated GR last year. They have some returning from what I hear and should be salty.

THA TRUTH

Headhunter15

And why is Lamar so low??? Figured they'd be higher with that quarterback/linebacker juggernaut coming back

SR30

JC Guy

THA TRUTH

HorseFeathers

GBattack

I hope everyone underestimates Charleston as much as you Truth... 8)

THA TRUTH

whats different from last year?? And obviously HF

JC Guy

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 02, 2016, 09:56:35 pm
wyata different from last year?? And obviously HF
You getting soft? I would have bet money you would say not even top 20 just because of the trash they talked. And pump your brakes Chuck boys meet JC you cut with your tongue we (JC) will cut back so get used to it. For those of us that are around the boards each year we watched y'all gang up on Proud Buck and pound on him day in and day out for months but don't get it twisted you won't do that to us! You can bet we won't be PMing each other like you guys are PMing each other and comparing notes it will be a straight up dog fight. JC stands together - young and old - black and white we are one town standing behind our mighty Dragons. GEAUX DRAGONS!

GBattack

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 02, 2016, 09:56:35 pm
wyata different from last year?? And obviously HF

Tons of experience on the line...talent at every position, an extremely tight group of seniors bringing much missed leadership from last year, improvement across the board and some sophomores that will make an impact. Just my two cents...

JC Guy

Quote from: GBattack on August 02, 2016, 10:17:38 pm
Tons of experience on the line...talent at every position, an extremely tight group of seniors bringing much missed leadership from last year, improvement across the board and some sophomores that will make an impact. Just my two cents...
[/quote
I am being serious and not talking crap so please don't take this wrong. You guys are in the same position we are in from the sounds of it. We really over achieved last year. We had so few seniors starting last year that we won some we shouldn't have won on paper and were in every one we played because of a hand full of senior leaders that made that team go. This year we have all this talent but we don't know who will step up and be the leaders. I will say if it happens we will be hard to deal with.

WPWells

Quote from: JC Guy on August 02, 2016, 10:16:30 pm
You getting soft? I would have bet money you would say not even top 20 just because of the trash they talked. And pump your brakes Chuck boys meet JC you cut with your tongue we (JC) will cut back so get used to it. For those of us that are around the boards each year we watched y'all gang up on Proud Buck and pound on him day in and day out for months but don't get it twisted you won't do that to us! You can bet we won't be PMing each other like you guys are PMing each other and comparing notes it will be a straight up dog fight. JC stands together - young and old - black and white we are one town standing behind our mighty Dragons. GEAUX DRAGONS!

You're too emotional. Get a tampon

Lineman

THA TRUTH

Jc could possibly win it all so yes... I'm not one to sit here and give false praise if I say this then there is reason behind it

THA TRUTH

Quote from: JC Guy on August 02, 2016, 10:16:30 pm

I hope and pray we play Charleston just so I can see the mercy rule beating they will receive

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Fred Bird on August 02, 2016, 10:28:17 pm

This is no where near ur post of supposed personal attacks... Not a single person knows u that talks trash to u but u get in ur feelings like u don't know which bathroom to use... Quit being a softy and dish back instead of whining about it when u can't take the heat

WPWells

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 02, 2016, 10:48:06 pm

This is no where near ur post of supposed personal attacks... Not a single person knows u that talks trash to u but u get in ur feelings like u don't know which bathroom to use... Quit being a softy and dish back instead of whining about it when u can't take the heat

I'm fine. Sounds like you need one too, though.

THA TRUTH

Please return the convo back to football... But if u can't I understand cause Charleston gives u nothing good to talk about

JC Guy

Quote from: Fred Bird on August 02, 2016, 10:28:17 pm
Boy you going to have a long year if that tampon thing is the best you can do. I bet you are skinny as I don't know what because with that smart mouth you know you never kept your lunch money. But on a serious note are you the typical Christian in your area?

THA TRUTH

JC Guy

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 02, 2016, 11:02:37 pm
Back into ur hole Fred... This only gets worse for u
Hey maybe we pull his coward tactics and report him to the mobs for his profane personal attacks. Yeah that ain't us we just going to give back more than we get.

Headhunter15

JC Guy

Black and Gold

Lineman

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 02, 2016, 10:43:31 pm
Jc could possibly win it all so yes... I'm not one to sit here and give false praise if I say this then there is reason behind it
Well I guess that's all the logic I need,  I suppose Charleston should go ahead & forfeit the season.

ISU7

Quote from: Headhunter15 on August 02, 2016, 08:14:01 pm

I think fordyce is too high but that's just me. I never heard anything else about that other than gates and he's gone. Same with rivercrest with Langston being gone
Crest have some players out with injuries but should be ready when conference play come around.  They also have a couple move from RiverCrest. The line will be big backs will be young but have pretty good break away speed just not as strong as Langston but one may have more speed than Langston.  The Sr qb returns but will be pushed by a talented sophomore who led his Jr High team too an undefeated season last year. He  also would make an excellent receiver with size, and speed to get open. The defense returns 7 but will also have a sophomore who moved up in the post season and led the Colts in tackle from his linebacker spot during their playoff run too the finals. They will also get a starting linebacker back who miss all the playoff games due too injury during the early part of regular season.  Also keep an eye on Newport a team with big time tradition, dropping down from 4A to 3A they should compete in the 3-3A. Good luck too all the 3A teams. GO COLTS! !!!!

Skip

Not sure who should be #1 at this point but Harding Academy returned quite a bit and are the defending champs so maybe I will give them the nod. Glen Rose return basically everyone from last year and Charleston will be Charleston. You can never count JC out so keep an eye on them also. I like where Prescott is at in the 4-6 range so maybe we can fly under the radar until playoffs without the pressure of being #1 then make our run to hopefully another title.

SR30

Why am I not the least bit surprised someone had to start trash talking instead of just going with the topic

Lineman

Preseason rankings are a little pointless in my opinion, especially this year in 3A. There are so many teams with a lot of returning talent, I honestly believe several teams have the skill set it takes to win it all this year.

Longfellow

August 03, 2016, 06:57:11 am #34 Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:54:53 am by Longfellow
I've always been of the opinion that champion should start number one and stay there until they lose. I would just swap GR and Harding. Maybe move Lamar up a few spots too. Other than that, I can live with it

WPWells

twincats16

Quote from: Skip on August 03, 2016, 03:40:21 am
Not sure who should be #1 at this point but Harding Academy returned quite a bit and are the defending champs so maybe I will give them the nod. Glen Rose return basically everyone from last year and Charleston will be Charleston. You can never count JC out so keep an eye on them also. I like where Prescott is at in the 4-6 range so maybe we can fly under the radar until playoffs without the pressure of being #1 then make our run to hopefully another title.

Harding Academy lost their entire offensive line plus an all state QB.  They have a ton of talent returning at WR and RB.  They will be breaking in a new QB this year.  They should be solid defensively.  If they can find guys to step in on the OL and DL, they will be a contender.  Have tough games to open the season:  at Highland, at Smackover, Heber Springs at home and at Bald Knob to open conference play.  #2 may be a little high but definitely top 10.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: twincats16 on August 03, 2016, 07:48:54 am
Harding Academy lost their entire offensive line plus an all state QB.  They have a ton of talent returning at WR and RB.  They will be breaking in a new QB this year.  They should be solid defensively.  If they can find guys to step in on the OL and DL, they will be a contender.  Have tough games to open the season:  at Highland, at Smackover, Heber Springs at home and at Bald Knob to open conference play.  #2 may be a little high but definitely top 10.

What are your thoughts of the Smackover game? I look forward to seeing this game.

THA TRUTH

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Lineman on August 03, 2016, 03:09:58 am
Well I guess that's all the logic I need,  I suppose Charleston should go ahead & forfeit the season.

If u feel like its championship or bust then yes

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Fred Bird on August 03, 2016, 07:43:15 am
I'm catching them with a bare hook

That was more of being bored and trying to spice it up again but if it makes u feel like u have achieved something go ahead and think that...

Lineman

THA TRUTH

SR30

I'm so proud of you guys..other than a pissing match about Charleston all or bust ,nobody has bashed a team yet..we are on a roll

Longfellow

RTF

Switch Harding and Glen Rose. Drop Charleston to 10. Switch Centerpoint and Lamar.

GBattack

Quote from: JC Guy on August 02, 2016, 10:26:23 pm
Quote from: GBattack on August 02, 2016, 10:17:38 pm
[/quote
I am being serious and not talking crap so please don't take this wrong. You guys are in the same position we are in from the sounds of it. We really over achieved last year. We had so few seniors starting last year that we won some we shouldn't have won on paper and were in every one we played because of a hand full of senior leaders that made that team go. This year we have all this talent but we don't know who will step up and be the leaders. I will say if it happens we will be hard to deal with.

Nothing wrong taken from that... however, in my opinion, Charleston didn't play up to their potential last year. There was a lack of leadership from the Senior class and a bit of a lackluster attitude from some of the players. It was a recovery year from the Ty Storey era. But the Senior class this year is motivated and hungry. They expect themselves to be playing in December...and the talent is there for them to do just that, they just have to go get it.

adaptedtigerfan

Where were all the clowns when I was much closer to the program?   #feelindepressed

RTF

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 03, 2016, 02:21:57 pm
Where were all the clowns when I was much closer to the program?   #feelindepressed

You left?

THA TRUTH

He knows things are going down hill so he jumped ship

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas