• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early OOC games that should be interesting...

Started by Hawgeye, July 31, 2016, 09:56:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgeye

Week 1
Prescott @ Star City
Fordyce @ Rison
Malvern @ Glen Rose
Dardanelle @ Charleston
Heber Springs @ Clinton
Centerpoint vs. Mt. Ida (OBU)

Week 2
Harding Academy @ Smackover
England @ Junction City

Week 3
Smackover @ Fountain Lake
Ozark @ Charleston
Junction City @ Haynesville(LA)
Heber Springs @ Harding Academy
Hope @ Prescott
Rivercrest @ Gosnell
Lamar @ Mt. Ida

Your thoughts on some of these matchups prior to league play starting? Should be some pretty entertaining games early on that should show what the top of the 3A has or lacks this season.

BAMA#16

WEEK 1, Dardanelles @ Charleston, and Fordyce @ Rison.
Week 2, HA @ Smackover.
Week 3, Smackover @ FL, JC @ Haynesville, Lamar @ Mt Ida.
Those are the matchups that I'm intrigued with the most.

MICHAELSPAPPY

JC Guy

Quote from: BAMA#16 on July 31, 2016, 07:29:55 pm
WEEK 1, Dardanelles @ Charleston, and Fordyce @ Rison.
Week 2, HA @ Smackover.
Week 3, Smackover @ FL, JC @ Haynesville, Lamar @ Mt Ida.
Those are the matchups that I'm intrigued with the most.
I really like the England -  JC game also. England is hyped as the team to beat in 2A this year and I think I have been reading they are senior heavy this year so that should be a good one. Gun slinger comes to town and faces what should be one of the strengthens of our D.

HorseFeathers

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 31, 2016, 08:57:04 pm
Hector @ Paris in week 3 has potential...

I could be way off base here, but I have Hector by two scores in that. Paris was a very good team last year but would give up points in bunches on occasion was there only down side. I could see a 42-28 type game with those two offenses.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on July 31, 2016, 09:07:59 pm
I could be way off base here, but I have Hector by two scores in that. Paris was a very good team last year but would give up points in bunches on occasion was there only down side. I could see a 42-28 type game with those two offenses.

Could be...I figure Hectors defense will be solid, but susceptible to the big play, like it has been for the last few years.

One thing is for certain...it will be a better game than the last time Hectr played them

AlumniLights

I'm glad to see Hector turn things around the past few years. There for a while after Rust left looked pretty "gloom and doom" if you will. Especially after 2006 when they had a dang tough squad.

BAMA#16

Yeah JC, England and Junction should be an interesting game as well.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AlumniLights on August 01, 2016, 11:51:30 am
I'm glad to see Hector turn things around the past few years. There for a while after Rust left looked pretty "gloom and doom" if you will. Especially after 2006 when they had a dang tough squad.

The realistic fans knew it was coming, it's why some weren't mad when Rust left.

Anyway, is the 3a-4 gonna be down this year?

adaptedtigerfan

Feathers I don't know as s while but there will be 3 good teams for sure.  CHS , LHS& PHS

Skip

All 3 of Prescott non conference games will be interesting. Week one in the first match up vs Star City since 97. Should be a good one as we step up to the 4A Qtr finalist from last year on the road. Then we travel to CHG to seek revenge from last year debacle in Prescott. The Hornets always play us tough and they have a pretty good team this year.. Week 3 is one of if not our biggest rivalries vs  5A Hope Bobcats. They got the better of us last year but we have fared well against them over the years actually beating them more than they beat us so we will not be intimidated by any means. Go Wolves

Hawgeye

Quote from: Skip on August 02, 2016, 11:37:23 am
All 3 of Prescott non conference games will be interesting. Week one in the first match up vs Star City since 97. Should be a good one as we step up to the 4A Qtr finalist from last year on the road. Then we travel to CHG to seek revenge from last year debacle in Prescott. The Hornets always play us tough and they have a pretty good team this year.. Week 3 is one of if not our biggest rivalries vs  5A Hope Bobcats. They got the better of us last year but we have fared well against them over the years actually beating them more than they beat us so we will not be intimidated by any means. Go Wolves

Any idea what Hope returns this season?

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Hawgeye on August 09, 2016, 08:46:26 am
Any idea what Hope returns this season?
Lost maybe one of the best defensive studs of all time in the state in Mr. Agimm and most of the skill players.  But they do return their stud QB Stubber. 

Skip

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on August 09, 2016, 09:39:26 am
Lost maybe one of the best defensive studs of all time in the state in Mr. Agimm and most of the skill players.  But they do return their stud QB Stubber. 
They also return their best WRs which means they are probably gonna score a lot of points to win w/o #33 & #78. Hope always have plenty of athletes so they will be solid.

Paperman

Rivercrest and Gosnell have played two very entertaining games the last two seasons. I so no reason the 2016 match-up should not be equally as exciting as say the 2014 29-29 tie game which featured lots of offense by both teams. Both teams lost a lot of talent after last season, but I think there are players ready to step up to make this game potentially, really exciting.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas