• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Welcome to Newport, Clinton, and Walnut Ridge!

Started by WPWells, July 29, 2016, 07:21:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

I just wanted to take a second and welcome the new 3A teams. It seems like there's another one moving into the 3A, but I can't remember who it is and they're probably garbage anyway

Proud Buckaroo

Come on in.. Don't forget to take your cleats off and have a cold glass of Coke.

I'm all out of crunch and munch though. Some wild animal ate it all.

bearbacker52

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 29, 2016, 07:31:41 pm
Come on in.. Don't forget to take your cleats off and have a cold glass of Coke.

thats a good one man, like that homes

bearbacker52

I did not know there was other teams coming into this division. Glad someone took the initiative and welcomed them. We have to look out for each other.

biglion1985

Two of those teams are gonna be in the 3a3 lol

SR30

Gurdon moved from 2a to 3a 5...episcopal changed conference

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SR30 on July 30, 2016, 01:55:11 pm
Gurdon moved from 2a to 3a 5...episcopal changed conference

nobody likes gurdon

Proud Buckaroo

bearbacker52

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 29, 2016, 07:31:41 pm

thats the way to rock and roll

beach bum

beach bum

Clinton will take advantage of the move to 3A more than any of these teams because the conference they are going to be playing in. When I saw they were coming to 3A I expected them to land in the 4-3A or the 2-3A, but the powers at be in AAA thought otherwise and they will reap the benefit. They may not have had the greatest year last year in 4A, but I think they make a splash in the 1-3A by winning it and maybe winning a couple playoff games if they do win their conference. They return a large number of their starters. It will also be fun to see how Newport slides into 3A ball. If they have the slightest bit of talent you figure they will do well.

Coltfan2005

Must be nice to come from 4A and go to the conf where only one team had more than 4 wins last year. Congrats.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 31, 2016, 08:34:37 pm
Must be nice to come from 4A and go to the conf where only one team had more than 4 wins last year. Congrats.

?

WPWells

HorseFeathers

July 31, 2016, 09:17:47 pm #14 Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:29:56 pm by HorseFeathers
Quote from: Fred Bird on July 31, 2016, 09:13:37 pm
Clinton

i know what he is getting at...but, Elkins, mountain view, and Greenland

Proud Buckaroo

HorseFeathers

beach bum

July 31, 2016, 09:53:15 pm #17 Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:05:24 pm by beach bum
Why is he mad at teams being generally grouped by where they are geographically and by enrollment. I thought that was what they always tried to do? I was simply giving what I thought was a decent assessment of a couple teams that are coming to 3A and it seemed to make him grumpy. And if we are following data and statistics to base a conference's strength then the 3-3A did not fair much better than the 1-3A last year. The 3-3A was 5-5 in the playoffs because of the strong Rivercrest run in the playoffs. Hoxie got a narrow victory in the 1st round over a basic Fouke team by a narrow margin. The 1-3A went 3-5 so the difference wasn't that great which included Greenland beating Osceola handily.

JC Guy

Quote from: beach bum on July 31, 2016, 09:53:15 pm
Why is he mad at teams being generally grouped by where they are geographically and by enrollment. I thought that was what they always tried to do? I was simply giving what I thought was a decent assessment of a couple teams that are coming to 3A and it seemed to make him grumpy. And if we are following data and statistics to base a conference's strength then the 3-3A did not fair much better than the 1-3A last year. The 3-3A was 5-5 in the playoffs because of the strong Rivercrest run in the playoffs. Hoxie got a narrow victory in the 1st round over a basic Fouke team by a narrow margin. The 1-3A went 3-5 so the difference wasn't that great which included Greenland beating Osceola handily.
Let me help you with the unwritten rules of the 3A boards. (1)You can only praise a hand full of teams (2)Never ever have your own opinion (3) If you break a (unwritten) rule the keyboard mafia will come after you. (4) Most times common sense will get lost in the battle. So have thick skin and roll with what you know and don't let the hand full of keyboard warriors bother you to much.

bearbacker52

Quote from: JC Guy on July 31, 2016, 11:47:34 pm
Let me help you with the unwritten rules of the 3A boards. (1)You can only praise a hand full of teams (2)Never ever have your own opinion (3) If you break a (unwritten) rule the keyboard mafia will come after you. (4) Most times common sense will get lost in the battle. So have thick skin and roll with what you know and don't let the hand full of keyboard warriors bother you to much.

Key board warriors I like that. Is that a psudomin for folks that are legends in their own mins

JC Guy

Quote from: bearbacker52 on August 01, 2016, 01:07:08 am
Key board warriors I like that. Is that a psudomin for folks that are legends in their own mins
Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bearbacker52 on August 01, 2016, 01:07:08 am
Quote from: JC Guy on August 01, 2016, 07:11:12 am
Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Please try to keep it football related.

bearbacker52

Coltfan2005

And the ice cream loving bear still has not figured out how to spell....which is not football related.

bearbacker52

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 01, 2016, 02:47:47 pm
And the ice cream loving bear still has not figured out how to spell....which is not football related.
i do not entertain

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bearbacker52 on August 01, 2016, 09:34:50 pm
i do not entertain

I have been reading a lot of your posts and you are correct. You are not entertaining.

bearbacker52

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 31, 2016, 08:34:37 pm
man you are a hater

bearbacker52

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 01, 2016, 09:36:43 pm
I have been reading a lot of your posts and you are correct. You are not entertaining.

keep you busy reading will not infect the rest of the world, through reproduction

sprained ankle

One thing you can count on from Newport is overall team speed.  That's about it.

Paperman

Newport and Walnut Ridge should finish no higher than fifth in the 3A-3. I know Newport has some athletes and speed, but they couldn't get out of their own way last season. The Bobcats had great success in the 2A ranks, but I think they will find the sledding to be tougher in 3A. Great respect for two great programs, welcome to the 3A-3 folks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas