• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

can jc run the table

Started by bearbacker52, July 15, 2016, 10:22:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bearbacker52

Quote from: WorkOrder on July 19, 2016, 12:09:26 pm
Not a chance. They won't even win their conference. Could end up going to playoffs as a 3 seed. That being said they could go as the one seed. Just don't see them winning state especially not going undefeated. They have a rude awakening coming in my opinion. This isn't 2A ball. You will have a tough opponent most Friday night unlike it was in 2A where everyone was scared to play y'all.
Everyone was not scared, bearden bears as jc fans will tell you came to play, and was the second best bridesmaid in the state the last ten years. The only team to beat jc on mulitple occassions...Yall gonna learn the hard way.

JC Guy

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 20, 2016, 09:50:04 pm

i dont get that part run run hail mary part did i miss something?
Conway Christian torched us in the play offs last year. We out coached our selves and blitzed our backers ever pass play in the first half and the six foot five QB was dumping it over the line to a flanker for fifteen to twenty yards. That started the DBs to looking back into the back field so they started taking the top off. Very early in the second half one of our backers faked the blitz looked up the flanker and almost took his head off. That calmed all that down JC came back took the lead and with like a minute remaining we (the kicker kicked a line drive to the return man) and he took it to the house. (Down goes Frazier). They threw for like 350 and we ran for 400 that night. As far as the Hail Mary close games we put the ball up for jump balls more than once last year. So overall I would say guilty as charged BUT JC was very young last year and was in every game as well as beating one of the top 3A teams.

THA TRUTH

The wet field helped CC too... It's always easier to make cuts when u know the routes compared to not and hurts  not going against a true spread team before then with the young secondary

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 19, 2016, 03:53:06 pm
They haven't shut anyone up. I have been working a lot and spending my free time at the gym. It was time for a life style change and I have dropped 28lbs in 3 weeks. I'm still here. Just read more than I have been posting. I'm just going to let the team speak for me.
nope they have shut y'all up. y'all are scared.

THA TRUTH

Kiss the conference title good bye

Proud Buckaroo

Lol. This is so funny to me. Do people really think Smackover is going to drop off that much? You've got another thing coming if you think that..... And by the way, TT. We have more than "two players to make us go." Hahha

Lineman

Quote from: JC Guy on July 20, 2016, 10:35:31 pm
We out coached our selves
Is that anything like losing on purpose?

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 21, 2016, 12:11:40 pm
Lol. This is so funny to me. Do people really think Smackover is going to drop off that much? You've got another thing coming if you think that..... And by the way, TT. We have more than "two players to make us go." Hahha
I didn't realize smackover was that good to worry about a big drop off. What have they won?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 21, 2016, 12:20:49 pm
I didn't realize smackover was that good to worry about a big drop off. What have they won?

I'm talking talent wise from what we had last year. Yes, Jordan jones and Purifoy was a huge loss. We picked up a player that has the potential to be just as good as purifoy was defensive wise. He will be starting in purifoy's place this year.

THA TRUTH

Edwards and manning and maybe button... nobody other than those are that skilled enough to keep the ship from sinking

Jimbo Morphis

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 21, 2016, 01:24:52 pm

Edwards and manning and maybe button... nobody other than those are that skilled enough to keep the ship from sinking

Edwards, Manning, Rucks, Burson.... I can keep going, but it won't matter because you think you're right on everything. Like I said...we will see what the season brings.

THA TRUTH

Listen none of those kids are Quite the talent of  purifoy jones or even Dwayne jones when healthy and couldn't muster up but 6 points last year when Jc best corner went out for the game or even when freeman got banged up and took a series or two off so tell me with the same play caller at the helm what's gonna be different when Jc will be missing two off a D that just got bigger this year vs an offense that lost its three biggest offensive threats and O lineman.... Oh and also expect Jc to avg atleast 40 a game this year

bearbacker52

have the team watch rudy before ever game or braveheart

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 21, 2016, 02:04:32 pm
Listen none of those kids are Quite the talent of  purifoy jones or even Dwayne jones when healthy and couldn't muster up but 6 points last year when Jc best corner went out for the game or even when freeman got banged up and took a series or two off so tell me with the same play caller at the helm what's gonna be different when Jc will be missing two off a D that just got bigger this year vs an offense that lost its three biggest offensive threats and O lineman.... Oh and also expect Jc to avg atleast 40 a game this year
I ran out of breath reading this one.

beach bum

Quote from: Oldman on July 21, 2016, 02:28:04 pm
I ran out of breath reading this one.

There was at least the slightest of pauses before his last season. I will give him that.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 21, 2016, 02:04:32 pm

Why is it that JC will be better than their dismal season (that's what the 3A Big Boys when you only win 7 games) last year but Smackover will not be? Do you have something other than your opinion to back up your slams on these High School kids?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 21, 2016, 02:33:47 pm
Why is it that JC will be better than their dismal season (that's what the 3A Big Boys when you only win 7 games) last year but Smackover will not be? Do you have something other than your opinion to back up your slams on these High School kids?
La. recruiting > El Dorado recruiting

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 21, 2016, 02:33:47 pm

Listen rivercrest doesn't belong in this convo really... A mental error handed y'all the game against smackover but only to get beat on the next week congrats on the award of first loser... But as for Jc u will see soon enough why I can confidently say this after week 1

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 21, 2016, 02:41:08 pm

Listen rivercrest doesn't belong in this convo really... A mental error handed y'all the game against smackover but only to get beat on the next week congrats on the award of first loser... But as for Jc u will see soon enough why I can confidently say this after week 1

You will lose to the Tornados again and very well possibly lose to England. So...

THA TRUTH

Haynesville?? Maybe
England?? Negative

I like how u try to have faith in other teams cause urs has failed continuously

Proud Buckaroo

I haven't lost faith in Smackover. I know their potential. I know what they are capable of. We all know what they are capable of... But, once again... What's the point with arguing with a bag of bricks??

THA TRUTH

Idk but U have been doing it for two years

JC Guy

Quote from: Lineman on July 21, 2016, 12:15:25 pm
Is that anything like losing on purpose?
No that's when you install a totally new Defense in a short week and refuse to adjust when the team your facing adjusted to what your doing. You guys kill me. Junction has one down year ( by our standards) and most of you dream to have a season as good as a down year for us and you want to talk crap. In my reply I didn't make excuses and owned what happened. Now some in town may have the view you asked about!

THA TRUTH

Some people across the tracks felt that way

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on July 21, 2016, 04:23:31 pm
No that's when you install a totally new Defense in a short week and refuse to adjust when the team your facing adjusted to what your doing. You guys kill me. Junction has one down year ( by our standards) and most of you dream to have a season as good as a down year for us and you want to talk crap. In my reply I didn't make excuses and owned what happened. Now some in town may have the view you asked about!
Quote from: JC Guy on July 21, 2016, 04:23:31 pm
if nobody talks crap....then their would literally be no purpose for this message board

JC Guy

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 21, 2016, 04:47:49 pm
if nobody talks crap....then their would literally be no purpose for this message board
That's a good point.

SR30

True but there is a bit difference in trash talk and ignorance lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SR30 on July 21, 2016, 05:08:01 pm
True but there is a bit difference in trash talk and ignorance lol

ignorance is bliss 8)

trash talk is for keyboard warriors

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 21, 2016, 03:26:21 pm
Idk but U have been doing it for two years

That's because no matter what the circumstances are. I refuse to give up on Smackover athletics. Even if there are things in question... And it's so obvious that everyone in Arkansas notices it. Those kind of things are out of all our hands. That's what it's like to be a true fan. We all know everyone has the fair weather fans or the fans that come for a social event...

JC Guy

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 21, 2016, 05:09:50 pm
ignorance is bliss 8)

trash talk is for keyboard warriors
Its sad when you and I wind up be the battle on a JC thread. Boy times have changed.

HorseFeathers

July 21, 2016, 05:45:32 pm #81 Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:48:24 pm by HorseFeathers
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 21, 2016, 05:14:32 pm
That's because no matter what the circumstances are. I refuse to give up on Smackover athletics. Even if there are things in question... And it's so obvious that everyone in Arkansas notices it. Those kind of things are out of all our hands. That's what it's like to be a true fan. We all know everyone has the fair weather fans or the fans that come for a social event...

it's easier to be a fan of a program like j.c recently than a smackover that leaves you frustrated...

Quote from: JC Guy on July 21, 2016, 05:16:28 pm
Its sad when you and I wind up be the battle on a JC thread. Boy times have changed.

it is a lot quieter on here this July than it was last year

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 21, 2016, 05:14:32 pm

Little stab there but I understand

Bigditchlion

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 21, 2016, 02:59:49 pm
Haynesville?? Maybe
England?? Negative

I like how u try to have faith in other teams cause urs has failed continuously

Durn truth, no respect for England? You make it sound like we should save the gas money to go down there. lol

THA TRUTH

I can respect England and still not think they can beat Jc

Coltfan2005

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 21, 2016, 02:41:08 pm

Rivercrest BELONGS in any conversation about 3A football in Arkansas. Smackdown lost the game because of one mental error? The 15 points the Colts scored meant nothing? Only a mental pygmy would even hint that a football game was won or lost by one single play. Everyone of the plays count as do every one of the Arkansas boys that play on Rivercrest teams. After week 1? Week 1 will not tell me how JC will do this year, why would anyone say that? Rivercrest lost 2 of their first three games but ended the season playing in Little Rock. We don't consider our kids losers no matter what the score. If you are typical of JC fans I feel sorry for the team after last year. I guess you spent the off season calling them losers.

THA TRUTH

The one error on the PAT is what hurt smackover and was the deciding factor... And yes after week 1 u will see what Jc has to offer so therefore u will see their capabilities but I guess that's something someone from the crest can't do... And as for me calling Jc kids losers, bud that would be hard considering the three titles they have already won and would've won no matter if they played the little 2a guys or the so called big boys of 3a

BAMA#16

3a should be up for grabs this year with a number of teams this year, a lot of good teams in the field, in my opinion, you have to stay healthy, and home field is going to be a huge factor this year.

bearbacker52

Quote from: BAMA#16 on July 22, 2016, 08:39:17 am
3a should be up for grabs this year with a number of teams this year, a lot of good teams in the field, in my opinion, you have to stay healthy, and home field is going to be a huge factor this year.
jc wins the state weight meet every year, so they gonna be healthy...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 22, 2016, 12:14:59 pm
that has absolutely nothing to do with staying healthy.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 22, 2016, 12:14:59 pm

because being strong means your conditioning is great....

Coltfan2005

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 22, 2016, 05:22:31 am
The one error on the PAT is what hurt smackover and was the deciding factor... And yes after week 1 u will see what Jc has to offer so therefore u will see their capabilities but I guess that's something someone from the crest can't do... And as for me calling Jc kids losers, bud that would be hard considering the three titles they have already won and would've won no matter if they played the little 2a guys or the so called big boys of 3a

You called the Rivercrest team losers because they lost in the state championship game last year. Since JC got no where near a state championship game wouldn't your reasoning work out that they are losers? Or is it just every team but JC are losers? Could it have been all the third down plays that Rivercrest kept them from converting  also hurt Smackover? Or should both teams have just walked out there and played that one down? To come on here and declare Rivercrest should not even be in a discussion JC is in, then call last team losers is really low. You should watch your statements from here on out.

THA TRUTH

I'm sorry but did they win anything last year??? Cause last I checked there is only one winner every year and if u don't win the last game what does that make u??And after watching smackover multiple times the only thing that stopped them was their coaching congrats on taking advantage when u were gifted the game like Jc was against them... I'll keep posting the same don't worry

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 22, 2016, 02:21:14 pm
smorphlet was strong last year, lol. starters were gassed before half time the first 2 games.

bearbacker52

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 22, 2016, 02:21:14 pm
hey he just exposed himself as a phony, everyone knows weight training prevents injuries, wonder what his excuse will be?

JC Guy

The water south of the border that's the formula for staying healthy.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 22, 2016, 05:44:36 pm
hey he just exposed himself as a phony, everyone knows weight training prevents injuries, wonder what his excuse will be?

and strength still isnt the same as conditioning

JC Guy

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 22, 2016, 06:32:30 pm
and strength still isnt the same as conditioning
And I don't think I have ever heard anybody question JC on conditioning! Haynesville I am sure will tell you that JC has an outstanding conditioning program. They didn't have a single player playing both ways while we had more than half playing both ways and JC was not as gassed in the fourth as they were.

bearbacker52

Quote from: JC Guy on July 22, 2016, 06:52:16 pm
And I don't think I have ever heard anybody question JC on conditioning! Haynesville I am sure will tell you that JC has an outstanding conditioning program. They didn't have a single player playing both ways while we had more than half playing both ways and JC was not as gassed in the fourth as they were.
never seen jc gased, and back to my point, a team that trains in weights effectively will 1. prevent injuries 2. Have an edge on the opponent.

amehr36

JC doesn't get gassed... I thought that was pretty common knowledge. Even as fat and out of shape as I was, games were never hard compared to practice.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas