• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Girls top 10

Started by PASS, August 10, 2014, 09:20:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PASS

Who is in the mix for a state championship this year?

CAC
Huntsville
Ozark
Riverview
Malvern
Brookland
Star City
Prairie Grove

THE D.O.C

Don't forget:

eStem
Lonoke
LR Robinson
Cave City

PASS

All quality teams. 4A should be tough this year. Malvern kind of ran over most teams the last 2 years. Don't think there is a clear cut favorite like them, but a lot of quality teams out there.

leaglebb

Quote from: PASS on August 10, 2014, 09:20:49 pm
Who is in the mix for a state championship this year?

CAC
Huntsville
Ozark
Riverview
Malvern
Brookland
Star City
Prairie Grove

Star City
Brookland
Huntsville
CAC
Ozark
Riverview
Malvern
Prairie Grove

Blindsided

Did e-Stem get any transfers from Hall or Parkview?  I heard they did.

leaglebb

might throw Berryville in the mix also after PG

NEA Razorback olfan

August 12, 2014, 06:06:45 pm #6 Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:13:01 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland girls have an early matchup vs Bentonvile 11/15 , they also have , Jonesboro, Nettleton, and HA scheduled as non-conference games, Believe coach Richey tried to get Huntsville but they were booked

leaglebb

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on August 12, 2014, 06:06:45 pm
Brookland girls have an early matchup vs Bentonvile 11/15 , they also have , Jonesboro, Nettleton, and HA scheduled as non-conference games, Believe coach Richey tried to get Huntsville but they were booked

Who has Brookland played/beaten this summer in camps and/or tournaments?

NEA Razorback olfan

August 12, 2014, 09:16:46 pm #8 Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:19:31 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: leaglebb on August 12, 2014, 08:52:13 pm

Honestly I really haven't kept up with their teamcamps, I know all their starters  played AAU this summer. I Was helping out at Brookland team camp working in the concession stand and they looked pretty good. Lots of subs play in teamcamps so it's hard to tell much, one game I believe they hit 18 3's

leaglebb

August 12, 2014, 10:53:43 pm #9 Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:03:02 pm by leaglebb
The Bentonville matchup will be one to watch.  We beat them last year at Bentonville during the preseason.  Is HA "Harding Academy"?  Where will the Bentonville game be played?

NEA Razorback olfan

I believe the AAA site says the game will be at Bentonville 2pm
Yes HA - Harding Academy

leaglebb

I will make it a point to attend this game to watch Brookland.  Thx.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland @ Bentonville should be a good early season matchup , hopefully I can make the trip down there to watch them play. The games with , 6A Jonesboro and 5A Nettleton should be good also , both these teams have really improved and have a lot of young talent coming up.

Top 10 no particular order right now
CAC
Huntsville
Ozark
Star City
Malvern
Brookland
E Stem
Riverview
PG
LR Robinson

PASS

I'll go with:

1 CAC
2 Huntsville
3 Brookland
4 Star City
5 Riverview
6 Prairie Grove
7 Ozark
8 Malvern
9 Heber Springs
10 Arkansas Baptist

Blindsided

Does Ark. Baptist still have the Hogue girl?  Someone told me she moved.  If so, where to?

PASS

Her Uncle was head coach & went to Benton Harmony Grove. She stayed, plus they picked up a decent point guard that moved to Little Rock. they also have a 6'3" sophomore post that is improving. Should make some noise.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland and Ark Baptist could meet up in the Beebe Tourney, sounds like that would be a good one.

always88

Ozark
CAC
Brookland
4a evens out from here Huntsville, Star City, Malvern, Heber Springs and so on...

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: always88 on September 07, 2014, 07:34:18 pm
Ozark
CAC
Brookland
4a evens out from here Huntsville, Star City, Malvern, Heber Springs and so on...

Bentonville will be a good test for Brookland , I'll know more after that game. Till then I just say top 10

chickasaw fan

I'm ready to watch brookland. I saw some of their girls play summer ball. They can flat  shoot it. I heard they had a 9th grader move in. Heard she plays a lot of summer ball also. Is she going to play jr high or sr high?

Blindsided

What about Ozark?  I see some of you putting them in your top tier.  Are they for real this year?

PASS

Ozark has Arkansas State commit, Kylee Ladd. Deep range on 3. All around good player. Olivia Melton is a skilled post player, about 6'0" tall. Not sure what else they have coming back.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: chickasaw fan on September 15, 2014, 04:23:14 pm
I'm ready to watch brookland. I saw some of their girls play summer ball. They can flat  shoot it. I heard they had a 9th grader move in. Heard she plays a lot of summer ball also. Is she going to play jr high or sr high?
I'm pretty sure she will stay jr high. She will be a big help for their jr high. Very fast and can get to the basket with a decent shot, and brings a lot of energy to their defense. She would have moved up to sr high at her previous school, but I think Brookland has enough talent in sr high that she will benefit more from staying down.

chickasaw fan

Sounds like you have seen her play basketball13. I saw her at her other school. She can play. She is very  small is the knock I have on her.  A year or season of getting stronger will really benefit this young girl.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: chickasaw fan on September 16, 2014, 01:52:04 pm
Sounds like you have seen her play basketball13. I saw her at her other school. She can play. She is very  small is the knock I have on her.  A year or season of getting stronger will really benefit this young girl.

Where is she from?

Basketballfan13

She is from Armorel. Lack of size will hurt her, but like most undersized players she's over aggressive to compensate. She needs to work on her shot a little, get a little better shot selection, and a little stronger. I think she will be there by next year, definitely one of the better freshman in the area.

NEA Razorback olfan

I don't believe we played Armorel, Sounds like she will fit in great with freshman Ally Loflin and Hannah Lovrein who love to get after it on Defense, and push the ball.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on September 16, 2014, 05:23:44 pm
She is from Armorel. Lack of size will hurt her, but like most undersized players she's over aggressive to compensate. She needs to work on her shot a little, get a little better shot selection, and a little stronger. I think she will be there by next year, definitely one of the better freshman in the area.

I haven't seen her, but look forward to watching her play at Brookland. Sounds like she is a point guard. What AAU team does she play for?

chickasaw fan

Not sure which aau team. Just heard she plays a lot. When I saw her play she was like a combo guard. She destroyed BIC senior high team. That was during the summer. I would say her natural spot would be the 2. Real athletic but again small. 

Basketballfan13

She played for the Hoopsters(mostly NE ark, and SEMO girls)

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on September 19, 2014, 07:06:25 am
She played for the Hoopsters(mostly NE ark, and SEMO girls)

Coach Hoffman runs a great program , he is all basketball , all the time. How tall is the girl Armorel? 

Basketballfan13

Hoffman does a great job, a big help for girls basketball in NE ark. I would guess she is about 5'4.

NEA Razorback olfan

BB 13, I'm going to move this to the JR High thread , and Start a new one for The Brookland JR girls

NEA Razorback olfan

About 5 weeks away from Basketball season, some teams I haven't seen play so this is going by a lot of what I hear or read on here.

1 CAC
2 Huntsville
3 Ozark
4 Brookland
5 Riverview
6 Estem
7 Star City
8 Malvern
9 Ark Baptist
10 Praire Grove

ATU

I think Ozark will be top 4.Could win it all but not sold on there coach.

Eagle20

The best player in 4A is Hogue at Arkansas Baptist.  I hope we have enough to go with her to make a run!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Eagle20 on October 06, 2014, 09:10:24 pm
The best player in 4A is Hogue at Arkansas Baptist.  I hope we have enough to go with her to make a run!

Good luck to Arkansas Baptist this year, Hogue is super tough , and a heck of a player!  Im sure they will contend in their conference.

NEA Razorback olfan

October 10, 2014, 08:56:56 pm #37 Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 09:12:50 pm by NEA Razorback olfan

Camps
Conway -lost by double digits
West Memphis lost by 2
Farmington - won

We Play Little Rock Central in first game of Red devil Classic in Jacksonville 12/22

Cardfan1

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 10, 2014, 08:56:56 pm

Camps
West Memphis lost by 2
Farmington - won

We Play Little Rock Central in first game of Red devil Classic in Jacksonville 12/22

Not to split hairs or that it matters all that much but I don't think Brookland and Farmington girls played in camp. They were in a camp together in NWA but the two varsity squads never played. JV teams played each other. I did see Brookland play Prairie Grove there and a smaller school from central Arkansas area. Lady Bearcats have a nice squad.

NEA Razorback olfan

October 15, 2014, 09:26:40 am #39 Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:53:47 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Cardfan1 on October 15, 2014, 06:50:03 am

Camps
West Memphis lost by 2
Farmington - won

Not to split hairs or that it matters all that much but I don't think Brookland and Farmington girls played in camp. They were in a camp together in NWA but the two varsity squads never played. JV teams played each other. I did see Brookland play Prairie Grove there and a smaller school from central Arkansas area. Lady Bearcats have a nice squad.

Cardfan1 , since you were there you saw more than I did, I did talk to one of the parents at Jr Football game to try and catch up on some of the camps , I heard we did pretty good , playing tough teams make you better. Prarie Grove is always tough, Very Well coached , I'm sure that was a good game. Farmington must have been JV , It's good to get out and play teams we usually don't see but hear about , Bentonville should be a good game Nov 15th. Farmington has a really nice squad , should do very well in conference. Good Luck on your season.

leaglebb

Quote from: Cardfan1 on October 15, 2014, 06:50:03 am

Camps
West Memphis lost by 2
Farmington - won

Did Brookland win the Prairie Grove game this summer? 

Easy

I did see Brookland lose to Beebe this summer at Brookland camp.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Easy on October 18, 2014, 04:07:43 pm

Yes I heard that was a great game , Beebe won by a point I believe

leaglebb

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 18, 2014, 04:23:16 pm

Did Brookland win the PG game?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: leaglebb on October 18, 2014, 11:03:32 pm

leaglebb, I didn't make that camp, maybe Cardfan1 can let us know the score ?

leaglebb

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 18, 2014, 11:22:34 pm

Ok thanks, I was just wondering since I haven't seen Brookland play, have heard nothing but good things about them and the program overall, and PG is a conference game for us this year and we'll have to play them twice.  So just comparing the two teams (which W/L in summer ball is probably meaningless) against a foe we'll have to face soon.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: leaglebb on October 19, 2014, 01:34:10 pm
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 18, 2014, 11:22:34 pm

Ok thanks, I was just wondering since I haven't seen Brookland play, have heard nothing but good things about them and the program overall, and PG is a conference game for us this year and we'll have to play them twice.  So just comparing the two teams (which W/L in summer ball is probably meaningless) against a foe we'll have to face soon.

Well PG is very good, we have a split with them so far, they knocked us out with Huber, and and we knocked them out with soph Rachel Gramling , who hit some big shots vs PG at Lonoke, PG Very well coached, not much size but smart athletic players that know the game. I believe they will be a young team this year but will play very hard. Our Defense caused a few turnovers at state which helped us pull out a tough win. What do you know about Bentonville this year??

leaglebb

I don't know much about Bentonville this year.  We beat them last year at their place 58-52 in an OOC game, but little did anyone know at the time that Huntsville was really good and would be in the 5A finals in Hot Springs.  They are 7a, they probably will be long and rangy with good sized girls, good rebounders on misses, and well coached.  If you have girls that can shoot the rock, you should match up well with them with your size also.  I see Brookland and Huntsville being very similar in size and ability based on what you've said on here.  Huntsville is going to be very experienced with 7 seniors who have played a lot of ball together.  This same team won the 4A-1 conference and tourney in Jr High with only two losses all year.  That year they lost to 6A-7A(?) Siloam Springs and Farmington early in tournaments, and then never lost again.  They swept Farmington in conference and in the tourney championship to win both conference and the conference tournament championship and also swept PG in conference that year.  Huntsville should be battle tested after playing in a very competitive 5A West the last two years and going to the title game last year with much of the same squad having that experience.  I'm looking forward to seeing it play out throughout the year.

I was going to come and watch Brookland play Bentonville, but that's the opening day of deer season and will be at deer camp all week.

NEA Razorback olfan

October 19, 2014, 04:38:13 pm #48 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:56:40 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Thanks for the info, Huntsville sounds pretty tough, should do great in conference play. Brookland has a pretty good group kinda like your Huntsville group, JR Conference and district champs Back to Back years. Not many loses. Looking back at last years schedule at 29-5 ,the only teams we lost to were Jonesboro , Valley View, (3times) and State runner up CAC.

Last year we  Started  1 Sr, 2 Jr, 2 sophs,.... we have a few freshman guards that can keep up with our Sr guards in Jr high. Another very athletic group coming up.

I believe Coach wanted to play some Larger schools this year so he got , Bentonville,( LR Central, and Jacksonville in Red Devil Classic)    Only way to get better is to play good competition.

leaglebb

October 19, 2014, 06:47:30 pm #49 Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:58:32 pm by leaglebb
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 19, 2014, 04:38:13 pm
Thanks for the info, Huntsville sounds pretty tough, should do great in conference play. Brookland has a pretty good group kinda like your Huntsville group, JR Conference and district champs Back to Back years. Not many loses. Looking back at last years schedule at 29-5 ,the only teams we lost to were Jonesboro , Valley View, (3times) and State runner up CAC.

Last year we  Started  1 Sr, 2 Jr, 2 sophs,.... we have a few freshman guards that can keep up with our Sr guards in Jr high. Another very athletic group coming up.

I believe Coach wanted to play some Larger schools this year so he got , Bentonville,( LR Central, and Jacksonville in Red Devil Classic)    Only way to get better is to play good competition.

Here's some of Huntsville's summer tournament wins/losses.  They were without two senior post players out with injury that will be back when the season starts.
Wins:
Pulaski Academy (5A) beat them twice during the summer
North Little Rock (7A)
Morrilton (5A)
Alma (5A)

Losses:
Lake Hamilton (7A) lost by 1 pt
Vilonia (5A) lost by 1 pt
Star City (4A) lost by (?)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas