• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 girls favorites

Started by PASS, March 27, 2014, 04:35:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PASS

It is never to early to start talking about next season. Who are the top girls teams for next year? Here are some that I know of:

CAC: runner-up finish. Lose Miller to graduation, but will have the best 9th grader in the state move up for next season.

Huntsville: 7 seniors back from a 5A runner-up finish.

Riverview: Main core back from a 3A final 4 team.

Ozark: A lot back, including Ladd.

Farmington: Always strong, with a good nucleus coming back.

Valley View: Ashleigh Guthrie back.

Lonoke: very athletic. Have top players back.

Prairie Grove: Good players & a great coach.

Brookland: Loaded again next year.

Who did I leave out?

NEA Razorback olfan

Valley View will be 5A next year Pass

Bulldog92

Malvern will return two of the five starters. Star City didn't lose a lot to graduation, they were a very young team.

Nip/Tusk

Farmington will be 5a also.

Pg loses their top 2 scorers and 4 starters. They will be young but have some talent.

PASS

I did not realize Famington was moving up to 5A. I forgot about Star City. They should be really good. I'm not sold on Malvern being a top team last year. Raven Baker is as talented a scorer as there is in 4A & the 6'3" post keeps improving every time I see her. They are going to have to add some pieces to make that team complete, but they could be dangerous.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: PASS on March 27, 2014, 09:47:55 am
I did not realize Famington was moving up to 5A. I forgot about Star City. They should be really good. I'm not sold on Malvern being a top team last year. Raven Baker is as talented a scorer as there is in 4A & the 6'3" post keeps improving every time I see her. They are going to have to add some pieces to make that team complete, but they could be dangerous.
Malvern will have 2 starters back along with 3 girls who saw the floor this passed season. Malvern will be pretty good.

leaglebb

Huntsville has a lot of experience returning with all 7 seniors able to pass, rebound, score, and play physical defense.  They should be much more balanced with this bunch and have a lot of size for HS. No stats but here's a breakdown by position for size.

Seniors:
3 guards 5'5, 5'8, & 5'8
3 forwards 5'10, 5'9, & 5'9
1 center 5'10

Juniors:

2 guards 5'5, 5'6
1 center 6'1

I'm looking forward to seeing them next year on the court.  We really hate to see Farmington leave the conference as that's always a very competitive game and they should do well in 5A.

Nip/Tusk

Maybe Huntsville girls can beat Pg this year.
:)

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: leaglebb on March 27, 2014, 04:39:23 pm
Huntsville has a lot of experience returning with all 7 seniors able to pass, rebound, score, and play physical defense.  They should be much more balanced with this bunch and have a lot of size for HS. No stats but here's a breakdown by position for size.

Seniors:
3 guards 5'5, 5'8, & 5'8
1 center 5'10

Juniors:

2 guards 5'5, 5'6
1 center 6'1

I'm looking forward to seeing them next year on the court.  We really hate to see Farmington leave the conference as that's always a very competitive game and they should do well in 5A.

Huntsville sounds pretty Salty!

leaglebb

Quote from: Josh Louin on March 27, 2014, 04:52:05 pm
Maybe Huntsville girls can beat Pg this year.
:)

Looking forward to playing Prairie Grove twice next year! What do they have returning from this years team or is moving up?

Nip/Tusk

They actually lose quite a bit. 4 starters gone including their top 3 scorers. They do have a real good freshman moving up. Will still contend for a spot at state. Huntsville and pg have a good rivalry from many years back. That town is ALL basketball.

leaglebb

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 27, 2014, 05:01:44 pm

Seniors:
3 guards 5'5, 5'8, & 5'8
1 center 5'10

Juniors:

2 guards 5'5, 5'6
1 center 6'1

We would enjoy a good game with Brookland in the pre-season or during the state tourney next year.  Sounds like two very similar teams.

leaglebb

Quote from: Josh Louin on March 27, 2014, 07:05:59 pm
They actually lose quite a bit. 4 starters gone including their top 3 scorers. They do have a real good freshman moving up. Will still contend for a spot at state. Huntsville and pg have a good rivalry from many years back. That town is ALL basketball.
It's always a good game between us.  If I remember right PG beat us this year with a last second shot by 1-2 pts.  At home which made it even worse!

NEA Razorback olfan

March 27, 2014, 08:31:28 pm #13 Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:05:02 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: leaglebb on March 27, 2014, 07:07:36 pm
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 27, 2014, 05:01:44 pm

Seniors:
3 guards 5'5, 5'8, & 5'8
1 center 5'10

Juniors:

2 guards 5'5, 5'6
1 center 6'1

We would enjoy a good game with Brookland in the pre-season or during the state tourney next year.  Sounds like two very similar teams.

Brookland Lady Bearcats 31-6 will have everyone but Jordan Maynard returning
SR Cali Milligan- was all State tourney team last year 5'5
SR Menley Long -All State tourney team this year  5'8
SR Nicole Ross 5'6
SR Alexa Thompson 5'10
JR Bailey Lovrein 5'10
JR Rachel Gramling 5'11
JR Haley Morgan 6'0
JR Rachel Thompson 5'4

Sounds good we would love to play !! Just contact coach Jared Richey!!
Our girls Love to play up in your face man ,Press, and push the ball, they all can shoot the 3 , and they can have a different leading scorer any night.
we both played a tough PG team , we won in OT 59-52 first round of State Props to  Beeks girl, great player!!
We both beat PA by 10 pts
We Lost to State runner up CAC

Monticello boys came all the way to Brookland early last year to play our boys on a Friday Night!!

leaglebb

Based on your description the two teams sound very similar.  I'm just a fan and don't have any input on scheduling, but I know the team plays in several tournaments and camps during the summer.  I think they attend both the UA and AR Tech team camps during the summer.

Anyone know what/where venue the 4A state tournament will be played in next year or is it too early to know?

Bearcat4life

Quote from: leaglebb on March 30, 2014, 08:21:37 am
Based on your description the two teams sound very similar.  I'm just a fan and don't have any input on scheduling, but I know the team plays in several tournaments and camps during the summer.  I think they attend both the UA and AR Tech team camps during the summer.

Anyone know what/where venue the 4A state tournament will be played in next year or is it too early to know?

I have heard it will most likely be Nashville, but they won't take bids until like next January.

leaglebb

I saw a picture of their new gym in another post and it looks nice.  That's going to be a haul for most people to get there though on multiple days if it ends up actually being there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas