• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's the Favorite to win State This year??

Started by bigdoug, August 24, 2016, 09:13:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdoug

Someone tell me who is the favorite to win state this year. Name the top contenders.

Redwolves8526

Cedar Ridge. Reaves is coming back for a victory lap

Longfellow

It's gonna suck when you wake up from that dream

teachers pet

Jessieville has 4 starters back but no Daley.

Bergman1820

Valley Boys have to be in this conversation. They are no doubt stacked from top to bottom. Jr.High boys as well gonna be hard to beat.

Head Lion

Osceola & Manila have everyone back including the waterboys. Osceola should be preseason 1 after losing in semis & Manila in top 5.

bobcats

August 25, 2016, 07:29:28 pm #6 Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 07:39:17 pm by bobcats
Quote from: vstigerz on August 25, 2016, 11:34:33 am
Valley Boys have to be in this conversation. They are no doubt stacked from top to bottom. Jr.High boys as well gonna be hard to beat.

Don't see them as stacked unless Taylor has recruited some more players.  Are they moving Jenkins up to Sr High?  Is the Cave City kid still there?

Bigtimebasketballfan

Bergman1820

Quote from: bobcats on August 25, 2016, 07:29:28 pm
Don't see them as stacked unless Taylor has recruited some more players.  Are they moving Jenkins up to Sr High?  Is the Cave City kid still there?

I have heard that Jenkins is moving up. As far as I know the Cave City kid is still there. Brett Williams from Bergman is there. And Landon Williams as well.

BigMan15

My Rankings
1. Charleston
2. Osceola
3. Manila
4. Smackover
5. Junction
6. Valley
7. Lamar
8. Jesseville
9. ECS
10.Paris

RTF

BigMan15

RTF

jr17

I know Fenner is back, how many other starters?

BigMan15

Chase Ewing
Jackson Rowland
Justin Haney
Phillip Hampton
Brandon Fenner

We lost two of our top 7 but had a great move in as well. Along with possibly two jr high kids that could make a difference

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 26, 2016, 10:03:35 am
My Rankings
1. Charleston
2. Osceola
3. Manila
4. Smackover
5. Junction
6. Valley
7. Lamar
8. Jesseville
9. ECS
10.Paris

Smackover and Junction in the top 5! Maybe Junction but defiantly not Smackover. 3a must be way down this year.

BigMan15

Smackover returns Charles Manning who is a beast!!!!!!!

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 26, 2016, 01:15:50 pm
Smackover returns Charles Manning who is a beast!!!!!!!

But thats it. Not a single other player that got playing time.

Redwolves8526

My Rankings
1. Charleston
2. Osceola
3. Manila
4. Smackover
5. Junction
6. Valley
7. Lamar
8. Jesseville
9. ECS
10.Paris

Where is Cedar Ridge?

WPWells

No offense, but Cedar Ridge will be awful next year

Head Lion

Any ideas on who might be bidding on state, I know we have thought about it.

Longfellow

Head Lion

Quote from: Longfellow on August 26, 2016, 07:35:26 pm
Two Rivers is bidding
cant remember, did y'all bid last year? We probably won't when it gets down to it, best of luck.

Longfellow

I think we did bid last year. I know we had planned to bid

ZoneBuster

Charleston has to be the front runner I would imagine. Gonna be tough for fans if they don't pull it out this year I would think.

jr17

I'm sure Osceola will bid with the new facility.

teachers pet

Boy, this topic went a whole different direction. lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on August 26, 2016, 09:09:27 pm
I think we did bid last year. I know we had planned to bid

Two Rivers pulled their bid out, because Valley Springs bid.....At least that's what YOU told me lol

BigLion10

He told me they were bidding to have it at danvilles gym

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 27, 2016, 04:58:17 pm
He told me they were bidding to have it at danvilles gym

It's their new home away from home

Longfellow

You guys aren't funny. I know Charleston doesn't want us to get state, as bad as their two games at TR went last year

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on August 27, 2016, 05:46:08 pm
You guys aren't funny. I know Charleston doesn't want us to get state, as bad as their two games at TR went last year

yeah their a little gator bit In that gym

Baller_34

Quote from: Head Lion on August 26, 2016, 07:22:14 pm
Any ideas on who might be bidding on state, I know we have thought about it.
[/quote

HL I don't think yalls gym is big enough is it? ]

bobcats

Quote from: vstigerz on August 26, 2016, 08:00:35 am
I have heard that Jenkins is moving up. As far as I know the Cave City kid is still there. Brett Williams from Bergman is there. And Landon Williams as well.

Brett will help them.  Not sure about the brother, he has been out of ball for a while.

Ice Water

I'll play.

Region 1:
1. Charleston 2. Jessieville 3. Lamar 4. Paris

Region 2:
1. Harding 2. Episcopal 3. HHG 4. Kipp Delta

Region 3:
1. Osceola 2. Manila 3. Marshall 4. Valley Springs

Region 4:
1. Junction City 2. Drew Central 3. Fordyce 4. Centerpoint

teachers pet

Bergman1820

Quote from: bobcats on August 27, 2016, 10:06:34 pm
Brett will help them.  Not sure about the brother, he has been out of ball for a while.

Brett had the injury last year. And I think Landon quit during the season either last year or the year before.

Paperman

I think both Osceola and Manila have a chance to make a lot of noise! Rivercrest will be much improved! Charleston returns a ton of talent! Manning is really good at Smackover ! Los of talent in the 3A!

One more thing The new Arena in Osceola will not be ready until 2017-2018 cycle! But look for a bid then! New hotels and restaurants are on the way! Should enhance Osceola's chances!

Ice Water

September 04, 2016, 08:56:00 pm #38 Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 09:01:39 pm by Ice Water
Quote from: teachers pet on August 28, 2016, 07:57:56 am
Is Jessieville not in region 2 anymore?

Assuming the conferences continue to be matched up in the same way, Jessieville will be in Region 1. Although it makes more sense to match them differently. The 3A-2 should pair with the 3A-3. Which leaves the 3A-1E going with the 3A-1W (or even the 3A-5), and then the 3A-4 would pair with the 3A-5 (or 3A-1W). But I doubt this actually happens.

xadboy

My Rankings
1. Charleston
2. Osceola
3. Manila
4. Smackover
5. Junction
6. Valley
7. Lamar
8. Jesseville
9. ECS
10.Paris
Think Lamar is going to be hard to beat. We have 3 moved to Lamar that will play a major toll. 2 of the 3 have D1 schools looking at them. One is 6'8 and very athletic, one started as point guard for a 7A school. Going to be a fun year!

501Arkansas

Osceola for sure. They return everyone but the Sr guard.  Think osceola will pull it off this year

HorseFeathers

Quote from: xadboy on September 09, 2016, 10:49:11 pm
Think Lamar is going to be hard to beat. We have 3 moved to Lamar that will play a major toll. 2 of the 3 have D1 schools looking at them. One is 6'8 and very athletic, one started as point guard for a 7A school. Going to be a fun year!

Who's the kids getting D1 attention, and where did they come from?

softball16u

I know 3 kids moved from Russellville, One that had gotten kicked off the team the other 2 played jv. 6' 8 kid good ballplayer but last i heard 2 of them were still living in russ and driving to lamar.

BigMan15

i hope thats not true because thats a violation

xadboy

Quote from: softball16u on September 15, 2016, 01:22:20 pm
I know 3 kids moved from Russellville, One that had gotten kicked off the team the other 2 played jv. 6' 8 kid good ballplayer but last i heard 2 of them were still living in russ and driving to lamar.
All three have moved to Lamar and none are driving from Russellville. Love how rumors get started.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: xadboy on September 17, 2016, 01:57:35 am
All three have moved to Lamar and none are driving from Russellville. Love how rumors get started.

wouldn't matter if they school choice before June I believe

BigMan15

Basketballfan13

Quote from: BigMan15 on September 19, 2016, 10:39:05 am
I dont think u can school choice as a sr
I don't believe you can school choice as Jr or Sr. Must be legitimate moves or already lived within the district. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on September 19, 2016, 11:08:34 am
I don't believe you can school choice as Jr or Sr. Must be legitimate moves or already lived within the district. 

I pulled the wrong term for what I was thinking....

WarriorFan

All the kids that moved from Russellville to Lamar are legal and ready to play. One moved into the district over a year ago, the other two moved weeks before school started into the Lamar school district.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas