• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEA dominance in lower classifications

Started by Head Lion, March 08, 2016, 02:11:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Everyone wants to brag about how their area is best in a sport. This year in lower divisions looks like a NEA year to me. Bay once again in 1A, Earle vs. EPC in 2A, with Marked Tree losing in semifinals. Cedar Ridge in 3A, with Osceola losing in semis. Those that make the argument that FB kills basketball, I know Osceola & CR made FB playoffs as well as Earle and I think EPC did as well. Marked Tree, I don't know about, but always fields a good team. How do these schools do so well, especially when a lot of their competition does not even play FB and so many schools they face put little to no emphasis on Baseball? Congrats to all the teams left and best of luck to the NEA representatives, we never get much respect state wide. Hats off to the teams and coaches, who just go out there and earn it.

Redwolves8526

Northeast Arkansas year in and year out produces some impressive talent. Not just the lower schools, but Jonesboro (probably one of the best in the state over the past 6-7 years), Forrest City, GCT, Wynne, Marion, West Memphis, etc all have historically good resumes.

Head Lion

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on March 08, 2016, 02:14:26 pm
Northeast Arkansas year in and year out produces some impressive talent. Not just the lower schools, but Jonesboro (probably one of the best in the state over the past 6-7 years), Forrest City, GCT, Wynne, Marion, West Memphis, etc all have historically good resumes.
No doubt.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Head Lion

Nah, just a lil cheese to go with all this whine on here. ;D :o 8)

ReddieKnightTrojan

Quote from: Head Lion on March 08, 2016, 03:37:13 pm

That's pretty good

Head Lion

We played CR at their place with their retired principal referring and got beat 3, the foul count at one time was 20-5 and you know what. It is what it is, we were fouling more than them, not at a 4-1 clip. That is how it is some nights and you just to have to overcome. The best team won that night as well as Saturday PERIOD THE END.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Head Lion on March 08, 2016, 03:37:13 pm

Lion, I must say that is a very good one!! Also quite appropriate.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on March 08, 2016, 02:11:12 pm
Everyone wants to brag about how their area is best in a sport. This year in lower divisions looks like a NEA year to me. Bay once again in 1A, Earle vs. EPC in 2A, with Marked Tree losing in semifinals. Cedar Ridge in 3A, with Osceola losing in semis. Those that make the argument that FB kills basketball, I know Osceola & CR made FB playoffs as well as Earle and I think EPC did as well. Marked Tree, I don't know about, but always fields a good team. How do these schools do so well, especially when a lot of their competition does not even play FB and so many schools they face put little to no emphasis on Baseball? Congrats to all the teams left and best of luck to the NEA representatives, we never get much respect state wide. Hats off to the teams and coaches, who just go out there and earn it.
+1 HeadLion. And you forgot about the Rivercrest Colts Knocking of 3 teams in a row that were in the top ten in football including the semi final game at Smackover (Eldorado) the number one team in 3A all season , enroute to the state finals. ;D 8)

ISU7

neds

Head Lion

Quote from: neds on March 09, 2016, 05:56:13 pm
Sounding proud!
proud for our kids in the area, nothing is handed to them. They have to work hard for any recognition statewide. One thing money can't buy is success, maybe players, but not success.✌🏿️✌🏿✌🏿

neds

I'm proud for you , really
No attacks necessary

Radiotalker

I would say so....Bay, Earle (boys and girls), Cedar Ridge, even Jonesboro girls.

Still have Forrest City and GCT still to play

EPC runner ip

Ctucker

That's crazy too because everybody said there's no defense played in northeast Arkansas, I guess it's better than most places! Lol

Head Lion

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 12, 2016, 04:27:23 pm
I would say so....Bay, Earle (boys and girls), Cedar Ridge, even Jonesboro girls.

Still have Forrest City and GCT still to play

EPC runner ip
My bad, you are correct Radio. I was kinda limiting to 3A & below tho.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas