• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Girls Updated Rankings

Started by underdog678, January 01, 2018, 07:31:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyhound#1

It's gonna take our best game and Norfolk worst game.  All I'm saying basing your opinion if salem is good enough to win it all on if we beat Norfolk  would not be a good gage.

Bildo

Good luck and no hard feelings... it's just my opinion.

HorseFeathers

Norfork 32-17 at the half on sale

Bomberman

Ctucker

wow! I figured Northfork would win but wow!

Bildo

I didn't think it would be close

Ctucker

I don't think any team in 2a would beat Northfork!

Bildo

Maybe not... but not every one would get beat 39 either

Ctucker

underdog678

ADG rankings 1/21/18
1. Quitman 22-2
2. Earle 17-3
3. Salem 17-3
4. Camden Harmony Grove 18-2
5. Carlisle 16-3
6. Pangburn 25-3

AT

I'll be interested to see if any of the Western Arkansas schools like Hackett, Lavaca, JC-W, Hector will be contenders.

Bildo

January 21, 2018, 08:52:49 pm #61 Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:14:50 pm by Bildo
I haven't seen any of them play....

birddawg1986

1. Quitman
2. Earle
3. Poyen
4. Harmony Grove
5. Spring Hill
6. Hackett
7. Lavaca/Carlisle

redrider30

1. Quitman
2. Earle
3. Salem
4. Carlisle
5. Pangburn
6. Marmaduke

Ctucker

2a number 1 and 2 ranked teams go down to 1a number 2 and 3

Bildo

I don't see where they should drop any.... Salem didn't after getting beat 39

underdog678

What was Quitman Wonderview score? 1A girls are super strong this year.

Bildo

Haven't heard. Just heard they lost

BigLion10

BoxNOne

1-25-2018 Girls

Bay 69 Earle 58

Ctucker

I don't think they should drop either 1a has some great teams

Rackjack74

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 25, 2018, 09:44:47 pm
61-56 WV over Quitman

Qtown down as many as 17 early. Got back to within 2 but couldn't close the deal.

PapaHog

SH girls cruises over Harmony Grove. Game never really felt close.

underdog678

ADG Rankings 1/28/18
1. Quitman- 24-3
2. Salem- 18-3
3. Earle- 19-4
4. Camden Harmony Grove- 20-3
5. Carlisle- 20-3
6. Pangburn- 26-3

HoopKing

Earle loses to bay who is ranked and drops a spot.  Harmony grove loses to unranked team and doesn't drop. Hmmmm

Bildo

I agree....Salem loses to Norfork by 39 the week previous and moves up. Smh...

BigBob

No way Harmony Grove is top 6.

HorseFeathers

At least the adg is consistent across the sports in their ranking techniques...

no mascot

Who in 2a wouldn't lose to norfork by double digits though? That's not exactly a fair assessment tool.

Bildo

Quote from: no mascot on January 28, 2018, 11:02:30 pm
Who in 2a wouldn't lose to norfork by double digits though? That's not exactly a fair assessment tool.
There's double digits, then there is 39... Wonderview loses to Norfork by 1 in OT, and Quitman takes Wonderview down to the wire. So I would say both Earle (Because they are the #1 in my book) and Quitman would NOT get beat double digits. And I would certainly not reward any team getting beat 40 by anyone with a number 2 ranking.

Bomberman

Quote from: Bildo on January 29, 2018, 09:58:44 am
There's double digits, then there is 39... Wonderview loses to Norfork by 1 in OT, and Quitman takes Wonderview down to the wire. So I would say both Earle (Because they are the #1 in my book) and Quitman would NOT get beat double digits. And I would certainly not reward any team getting beat 40 by anyone with a number 2 ranking.
I am not saying that Earle and Quitman don't lose by double digits but didn't Earle just lose to Bay by double digits? The same Bay team that was down 22 with 2 minutes to go against Norfork two weeks before and ending up losing by double digits. I do think the top 2 in 2a should be Quitman and Earle though. Heck, if Norfork played one of them or both of them they may lose both games, who knows.

Bildo

January 29, 2018, 10:19:01 am #81 Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 10:22:46 am by Bildo
So who is your top 5?

Bomberman

January 29, 2018, 10:38:20 am #82 Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 10:40:53 am by Bomberman
Quote from: Bildo on January 29, 2018, 10:19:01 am
So who is your top 5?
Quitman, Earle, Carlisle, Pangburn, Spring Hill.  Salem is not a top 5 team IMO.  And yes, I know Salem beat Pangburn but I just don't see it with Salem.

FromTheBench

Quitman is and will remain a top 2 team until a win or loss proves that, right or wrong, at the end of the season. I remember last year people saying there was no way they would beat Earle is semis and they did just that and won their first title. Earle is good, but their weaknesses have been exposed by good teams this year. 

Bildo

Quote from: Bomberman on January 29, 2018, 10:38:20 am
Quitman, Earle, Carlisle, Pangburn, Spring Hill.  Salem is not a top 5 team IMO.  And yes, I know Salem beat Pangburn but I just don't see it with Salem.
Looks more realistic to me... I don't think CHG should be in there (referencing the ADG Top 5) with Spring Hill beating them either. We will definitely know more once the conference tournaments have taken place.

BigBob

1. Quitman, without a doubt
2. Earle,  just based on how athletic they are
3. Carlisle, hard nosed team, well coached, 2000 point scorer
4. Pangburn, appears to be weak schedule, but 26 wins so far is nice
5. Spring Hill, deep scrappy team, improving by the week.

Poyen and Marmaduke are very close. I haven't heard any reports on those two. I've atleast seen a few of the others play.

underdog678

Quote from: BigBob on January 29, 2018, 10:58:08 am
1. Quitman, without a doubt
2. Earle,  just based on how athletic they are
3. Carlisle, hard nosed team, well coached, 2000 point scorer
4. Pangburn, appears to be weak schedule, but 26 wins so far is nice
5. Spring Hill, deep scrappy team, improving by the week.

Poyen and Marmaduke are very close. I haven't heard any reports on those two. I've atleast seen a few of the others play.
You do realize Salem has beat Pangburn (and was up by as much as 20 at one point) and Marmaduke right? Yes, Salem lost to Norfork and should not have lost that bad but they were down by 8 at one point in the third quarter. I know Quitman and Earle are very good but I feel like Salem should get some credit up in the top 5 at least.

Bildo

Quote from: underdog678 on January 29, 2018, 12:14:05 pm
You do realize Salem has beat Pangburn (and was up by as much as 20 at one point) and Marmaduke right? Yes, Salem lost to Norfork and should not have lost that bad but they were down by 8 at one point in the third quarter. I know Quitman and Earle are very good but I feel like Salem should get some credit up in the top 5 at least.
You're saying Salem is that much better than Pangburn because they were up 20 at one point but totally ignore the fact you get thumped by 39. You cant have your cake and eat it too. If you wanna be considered "elite" , you can't take losses like that.

BigBob

I haven't watched Salem yet. I just put the top 5 that I've seen. Salem is obviously talented I just don't know much about them. I hear either really good things or bad things about them. I wouldn't say it was a stretch to swap pangburn for Salem

redrider30

Marmaduke is 23-6 and has 4 loses to teams rank ranked #3 or better in their division. The other 2 loses are to #10 Maynard in double OT and have won the other 2 meetings with them, the other is to 4A Monticello. The loses to Bay, Salem and Melbourne were all either tied or 1 point games with a minute to go. Have played 13 teams with winning records this season. ADG rankings reward teams sometimes with poor schedules and wins over bad teams as opposed to close loses to very good teams.

birddawg1986

Should be a good test at the 2A regional in Marked Tree. You should have four top 10 schools (Marmaduke, Salem, Earle, Carlisle) and then Brinkley & Cotter.

BigBob

Just looking at that birddawg. That's gonna be tough up there. 2 good team will miss out on state

birddawg1986

Quote from: BigBob on January 29, 2018, 03:06:03 pm
Just looking at that birddawg. That's gonna be tough up there. 2 good team will miss out on state
Yeah definitely will be a good ticket as a whole girls/boys for the regionals

Ctucker

Northfork 43 Pangburn 23 at the half!

Ctucker

Northfork 69 Pangburn 38! Final

Greyhound#1

Calico upset Salem tonight.  Not exactly comprehending how that just happened

Bildo

And I am the one that got thrown under the bus for saying that I thought they were not an elite team.

Ctucker

Guess Pangburn isn't either they lost by 31 to Northfork!

Bildo

Quote from: Bomberman on January 29, 2018, 10:13:47 am
  I am not saying that Earle and Quitman don't lose by double digits but didn't Earle just lose to Bay by double digits? The same Bay team that was down 22 with 2 minutes to go against Norfork two weeks before and ending up losing by double digits. I do think the top 2 in 2a should be Quitman and Earle though. Heck, if Norfork played one of them or both of them they may lose both games, who knows.
Yes the same Bay team that just loss to Earle by double digits...lol

Bildo

Quote from: Ctucker on January 30, 2018, 09:25:28 pm
Guess Pangburn isn't either they lost by 31 to Northfork!
If you would read back at my previous posts, I said it was Quitman, Earle then everyone else. So yes, IMO... that includes Pangburn. You're the one getting upset that I predicted a Norfork easy win. Don't get mad cuz what I said came true.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas