• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clarendon basketball 2018

Started by da greatest bigbaby, November 12, 2018, 06:43:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

da greatest bigbaby

Bdub it does mean somthing the 4a Stuttgart loss has them in their feelings yaw keep move'n that's over   lol that trip 2 the grocery store just isnt that easy anymore lol but anywhoo Bdub yaw are 2a now soo get over PA their 5a an lr Christian is king their lol an in the 2a-6 were still kings go lions whip cross co 2nite an bay is 2a now an last time I  checked they were ranked no. 7 2a

Sugeknight

Quote from: MomaLion on December 14, 2018, 03:53:37 am
Well it's poster like you that contribute to make the thread lol.  If we get beat then we just get beat.  I never mind getting beat if it's a fair game and we've done our best.  This year we haven't gotten everything rolling yet and have been beaten and will probably be beaten again.  The fact is that we have yet to play a good solid game and get beaten.  Yes, those teams were better that day, I have no trouble admitting that...BUT that doesn't mean that they are a better team as a whole.  The same goes for teams that we beat...they could be having a bad game as well and we were better that day...not necessarily a better team as a whole.
For example, I saw Mtn Pine play HARD against England and if we'd played them our first or second game in that series, I'm not sure we would have won with how we played.  One night 3, we were clicking and Mtn Pine was not and we got the win.
The majority of our losses have been very close games and missed free throws or easy layups can cost us the win just as it can cost any team the win.  I'm generally very open about our short comings.

All that talk of the larger schools that the baby is crying about doesn't matter because when small schools beat larger classifications we brag to no end and then when we take a loss it's because we weren't suppose to win so just be quiet about it and play ball. All that really matters is that your team gel at the right time, that's the key to winning the Ships.

MomaLion

That's what I'm saying. I could care less about classifications. Heck,  those 1a schools are no joke...a good number of them that is. We've beat larger many times... unless depth is an issue,  it usually doesn't matter.

da greatest bigbaby

Good win 2nite over cross co 44-31 go lions

bdubyab60

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on December 14, 2018, 05:05:09 am
Bdub it does mean somthing the 4a Stuttgart loss has them in their feelings yaw keep move'n that's over   lol that trip 2 the grocery store just isnt that easy anymore lol but anywhoo Bdub yaw are 2a now soo get over PA their 5a an lr Christian is king their lol an in the 2a-6 were still kings go lions whip cross co 2nite an bay is 2a now an last time I  checked they were ranked no. 7 2a
You have no comprehension at all

bdubyab60

Quote from: MomaLion on December 14, 2018, 03:41:16 am
EPC put us out 2 years in a row lol.
Yeah but baby don't recognize that

bdubyab60

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on December 14, 2018, 05:05:09 am
And by the way. That first title team finished ranked 2nd or 3rd in the state. And that's all classifications not just the classification we were in.

da greatest bigbaby

da greatest bigbaby

December 17, 2018, 02:17:12 am #158 Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 02:49:43 am by da greatest bigbaby
Bdub I do recognize our old epc NBA monk losses but lately yaw been getting destroy'd lol other  then our loss 2 4a Stuttgart our other 2 losses were close games should've won both tho an yaw play earle Monday let me know how that game goes we got em Thursday an tell Dogg  an that new guy this isn't a loser bracket thread lol they will have 2 wait an whine on their on thread if that's what their into get yaw game up man lol thangs ain't that bad over here will get England on the rematch an other than earle an marked tree game we might  not lose another game regular season cause epc Kipp marrianna Augusta an Barton them wouldnt have a chance noo mercy lol the lions still rule 2a state champs  lol

MomaLion

I'm not sure Monk was on Sr high when we lost the first time to EPC...I think it was Sturdivant, and Monk came the next year....that first year game with Jamarlin/Jamar was a heck of a game.

bdubyab60

Quote from: MomaLion on December 17, 2018, 02:35:32 am
I'm not sure Monk was on Sr high when we lost the first time to EPC...I think it was Sturdivant, and Monk came the next year....that first year game with Jamarlin/Jamar was a heck of a game.
You are correct. The year EPC beat Clarendon in the semis in Cedar Ridge there was no Mink or Madden on that team, Sturdivant and Turner. The following year was Mink and Sturdivant. EPC blew a 12 point lead in the 4th quarter and got beat by Cedar Ridge

bdubyab60

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on December 17, 2018, 02:17:12 am
Bdub I do recognize our old epc NBA monk losses but lately yaw been getting destroy'd lol other  then our loss 2 4a Stuttgart our other 2 losses were close games should've won both tho an yaw play earle Monday let me know how that game goes we got em Thursday an tell Dogg  an that new guy this isn't a loser bracket thread lol they will have 2 wait an whine on their on thread if that's what their into get yaw game up man lol thangs ain't that bad over here will get England on the rematch an other than earle an marked tree game we might  not lose another game regular season cause epc Kipp marrianna Augusta an Barton them wouldnt have a chance noo mercy lol the lions still rule 2a state champs  lol
if I get to go I'll let you know. Only thing you have been right about this entire time. Is right now we aren't very good. Mediocre at best. It's the way the cycle goes. We will have another group come through some time or another. Happens to all small schools sinner or later

bdubyab60

However we just had another runner up more recently than Clarendon. It will back around though. Won't be down long.

da greatest bigbaby

December 18, 2018, 09:57:38 pm #163 Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 10:00:11 pm by da greatest bigbaby
Bdub yaw are done lol an earle also Dogg we gonna bring the house down Thursday lol it's the lions time we gonna win it all this season an Bdub yaw an Doggs  road only gonna get worse our jr lions went 8-1 in football loss 2 earle but we gonna win  it in hoops lol

MomaLion

I look for it to be a competitive game.  It all depends on if our shots are falling.

Dogg

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on December 18, 2018, 09:57:38 pm
Bdub yaw are done lol an earle also Dogg we gonna bring the house down Thursday lol it's the lions time we gonna win it all this season an Bdub yaw an Doggs  road only gonna get worse our jr lions went 8-1 in football loss 2 earle but we gonna win  it in hoops lol
Jr. Girls game I'm not sure about, Earle Jr. Boys will mercy rule the lions, Sr. Girls will mercy rule the lions, Sr. Boys game will be competitive because it always is.

MomaLion

Our jr. Girls are doing really well,  Jr boys are still ironing out the kinks,  sr girls are still trying to get there and sr boys are starting to click

Dogg

Momma Earle Jr. Boys are undefeated so far. 6-4 & 6-3 in the post  and the back court is dynamic.  One of the guards will contribute a bunch once he moves up. Sr. Boys going about 13 deep. Coach is working out his rotation and chemistry. We should be ready by the time the district tournament starts. 

MomaLion

I'll see y'all there...should be some really good games in jr girls and sr boys

MomaLion

My Lions face off against Earle tonight...LET'S GO LIONS!!!

NEark tigers

Go Bulldogs!!

Clarendon coming to the House of the World Champions...

MomaLion

Ctucker

We was just over their lost 49-48.

da greatest bigbaby

NEark tigers

I hear crickets..........🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

Pit Bull

#11 played great to get them back in the game after being down 18 at one point, dogs just got to tighten up on Defense. Although number 4 didn't do a whole lot, his presence alone commands respect. See you guys on the part II

godeep

If Clarendon could shoot free throws they probably would have won. Lot of heart on comeback but couldn't close the deal.

Pit Bull

That works both ways! Man we shot 32% from the line tonight! Great matchup, tons of athletes, I really enjoyed the energy tonight! I think I saw a Cincinnati Bearcat recruiter in the house tonight.... Who's looking at number 11 because he does remind me of Kenyon Lee Martin...

bdubyab60

If if if every time. Bulldogs are the champs and the favorites until they are eliminated bottom line.

Sounds like Earle built a big lead and maybe let off the gas to me. Whipped em lol

godeep

11 Clarendon OK .  Wasn't best player on the floor last night.  3 Earle 4 Earle 4 Clarendon 1 Earle 11 Clarendon .  College  recruits don't go to the line with game in his hands and choke like 11. Only Junior college player you'll have is 4. Sad you'll don't realize how solid he is.

Pit Bull

Who? Number 4 from Earle? Cisro? That's our battle ax, he's been a baller for the Dogs but in Earle we look at it differently, we may have stand out players but basketball is truly a team sport so you're not going to catch us pumping up the heads of our players much. Junior College ain't so bad, your number 4 is definitely D-1 but I think the coaching in Clarendon has him under utilized, he shows touch the ball at least 75% of the trips up the floor and right now it's like 35%. Last, yea number 11 did miss clutch free throws but so did number 4 a couple trips before. Bottom line is if it wasn't for number 11 getting fire hot in the 3rd quarter you guys wouldn't have even been in that game at the end.

MomaLion

Quote from: Pit Bull on December 20, 2018, 10:58:42 pm
That works both ways! Man we shot 32% from the line tonight! Great matchup, tons of athletes, I really enjoyed the energy tonight! I think I saw a Cincinnati Bearcat recruiter in the house tonight.... Who's looking at number 11 because he does remind me of Kenyon Lee Martin...
11 is a jr and scrappy as heck. I agree that both had trouble from the line. We really needed for 4 to be more aggressive. And that stall crap burns me up. Maybe with a minute left but not 3.
Great game to both teams and we'll see y'all for round 2.

MomaLion

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 21, 2018, 06:14:01 am
If if if every time. Bulldogs are the champs and the favorites until they are eliminated bottom line.

Sounds like Earle built a big lead and maybe let off the gas to me. Whipped em lol
They didn't let off the gas,  we came out ready after half. That's a problem we have had several times this year and it needs to stop. If Malik ever gets aggressive he will be dangerous. I have no idea why he doesn't play a bigger role. Ultimately I put that loss on coaching and having them stall. That's not Lions basketball.

bdubyab60

Quote from: MomaLion on December 21, 2018, 10:50:34 am
They didn't let off the gas,  we came out ready after half. That's a problem we have had several times this year and it needs to stop. If Malik ever gets aggressive he will be dangerous. I have no idea why he doesn't play a bigger role. Ultimately I put that loss on coaching and having them stall. That's not Lions basketball.
Obviously it is if it's happening in the regular. Just saying. We see the same posts after every game when Clarendon loses. Never anything the other team does costs Clarendon a game.

Pit Bull

He's not aggressive because he's out of position, he should be playing the 2 guard so he can attack, besides that's the position he will have to play on the next level. These coaches nowadays don't know crap...

Ctucker

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 21, 2018, 12:05:26 pm
Obviously it is if it's happening in the regular. Just saying. We see the same posts after every game when Clarendon loses. Never anything the other team does costs Clarendon a game.
And it will never change!

Dogg

Earle didn't defend coming out after halftime. It should have been a 20+ win for Earle. Just got to work the kinks out and get better. Clarendon only has 1 guard which will be a major problem.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Pit Bull on December 21, 2018, 12:34:08 pm
He's not aggressive because he's out of position, he should be playing the 2 guard so he can attack, besides that's the position he will have to play on the next level. These coaches nowadays don't know crap...

he should be playing the position that helps clarendon the most, not what position he will play at the next level. now, the 2/3 is probably his best position for clarendon as well.

Dogg

Where he plays to help Clarendon should be based on who they are playing from night to night.

Dogg

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on December 17, 2018, 02:17:12 am
Barton is going to beat you. 

Pit Bull

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 21, 2018, 02:30:06 pm
he should be playing the position that helps clarendon the most, not what position he will play at the next level. now, the 2/3 is probably his best position for clarendon as well.

I totally disagree with this way of thinking and I especially do in this case because out of 10 trips up the floor the best player on the floor only touches the ball 3 1/2 times, meanwhile little guards are shooting 3 pointer bricks like they are building a house, meanwhile critical development that this kid will need on this next level because he's playing cleanup man when he should be somewhere working on his 15-22 foot jumper and dribble drive. He will never play high post in college.

da greatest bigbaby

December 21, 2018, 04:50:29 pm #191 Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 09:01:37 pm by da greatest bigbaby
Dogg before you jump 2 Barton lol soo we spotted yaw earle  the defending 2a state champs 18 pts an we loss 44-41 on a last second shot on the road @ earle  wow soo once it was time 2 settle in an play ball yaw laid an egg  Dogg I told you yaw new coaches they just got out coach'd lol an it looks like we might not  be lose'n another conference game heck after Xmas 4 of our nxt 5 conference games are @ home @ the lions den  Prolly blowout games don't you think it's including Barton on Jan 15th lol we got marked tree Jan 4th they only beat cross co by 1 wow an we want spot them 18 pts in our place lol then Augusta by 30 the epc game is on the road lions  by @least 10  then Barton an Kipp @ home lol I noo yaw concerned but like I said were still the 6-2a district champs an the  2a state champs this year an I don't think nobody will come close once 6'6 Malik gets 2 rolling

Pit Bull

Plus Clarendon has a good post man already that they aren't even maximizing.

Pit Bull

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on December 21, 2018, 04:50:29 pm
Dogg be for you jump 2 Barton lol soo we spotted yaw earle  the defending 2a state champs 18 pts an we loss 44-41 on a last second shot on the road @ earle  wow soo once it was time 2 settle in an play ball yaw laid an egg  Dogg I told you yaw new coaches they just got out coach'd lol an it looks like we might not  be lose'n another conference game heck after Xmas 4 of our nxt 5 conference games are @ home @ the lions den  Prolly blowout games don't you think including Barton on Jan 14th lol we got marked tree Jan 4th they only beat cross co by 1 wow an we want spot them 18 pts in our place lol then Augusta by 30 the epc game is on the road lions  by @least 10  then Barton an Kipp @ home lol I noo yaw concerned but like I said were still the 6-2a district champs an the  2a state champs this year an I don't think nobody will come close once 6'6 Malik gets 2 rolling

How did our coach get out coached and you loss? How did our coach get out coach and you have one of the best players in the state playing out of position? How?

Dogg

Dogg be for you jump 2 Barton lol soo we spotted yaw earle  the defending 2a state champs 18 pts an we loss 44-41 on a last second shot on the road @ earle  wow soo once it was time 2 settle in an play ball yaw laid an egg  Dogg I told you yaw new coaches they just got out coach'd lol an it looks like we might not  be lose'n another conference game heck after Xmas 4 of our nxt 5 conference games are @ home @ the lions den  Prolly blowout games don't you think including Barton on Jan 14th lol we got marked tree Jan 4th they only beat cross co by 1 wow an we want spot them 18 pts in our place lol then Augusta by 30 the epc game is on the road lions  by @least 10  then Barton an Kipp @ home lol I noo yaw concerned but like I said were still the 6-2a district champs an the  2a state champs this year an I don't think nobody will come close once 6'6 Malik gets 2 rolling
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Dogg

December 21, 2018, 05:04:25 pm #195 Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 05:08:22 pm by Dogg
Quote from: Pit Bull on December 21, 2018, 04:55:03 pm
How did our coach get out coached and you loss? How did our coach get out coach and you have one of the best players in the state playing out of position? How?
Out coached is calling a T. O. when you don't have any and your head coach, assistant coach and bookkeeper don't know you don't have any more. Out coached is when you get up by 2 points and go to a stall game with 1 guard on the court that can dribble under pressure.

Dogg

egg layers don't have these in the trophy case
🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 that's 10 state titles

Pit Bull

Out coached when y'all got a infamous 50 foot buzzer beater jump shot dropped on y'all in the clutch when y'all wasn't clutch.

Dogg

After this year Clarendon basketball will be irrelevant for the next 7-10 yrs

Ctucker

Big baby that's a lot of babiling! Dude y'all lost!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas