• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regional and State Tournament Sites

Started by 3 Dollar, December 07, 2015, 01:24:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Ctucker, apparently you don't understand the bid process

RedWolf275

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 11, 2016, 01:06:15 pm
Looks like 2A state will be at Marmaduke >:(. The North Regional at Sloan Hendrix.

Both under an hour for me. Are these official?

Cheek

I do not know who bid on the tournments,  but the AAA is meeting Thursday at 4:00 pm to select the sites.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 11, 2016, 02:40:03 pm
Looks like 2A state will be at Marmaduke >:(. The North Regional at Sloan Hendrix.

Not until Thursday.

birddawg1986

Quote from: Cheek on January 11, 2016, 03:12:00 pm
I do not know who bid on the tournments,  but the AAA is meeting Thursday at 4:00 pm to select the sites.
http://www.arpreps.com/

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: Fred Bird on January 11, 2016, 02:35:15 pm
Ctucker, apparently you don't understand the bid process

I made it to 1000 slaps!!  it didn't hurt that much...  LOL

Cheek

January 11, 2016, 03:33:26 pm #56 Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:40:53 pm by Cheek
That sucks.  Marmaduke

BigLion10

Marmaduke is the only state bid Cheek. Hazen, Carlisle, and Magnet Cove bid for our region

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 11, 2016, 03:41:55 pm
Marmaduke is the only state bid Cheek. Hazen, Carlisle, and Magnet Cove bid for our region
I would've figured Hazen would bid on state since the gym is brand new.  Even though there is zero parking.  I'm sure Hazen will get Regional over Carlisle because gym is new

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 11, 2016, 03:12:20 pm

Not until Thursday.

They are the only two schools to bid on them...

BigLion10

I figured they would too Brian. I would rather go there for it than BFE to watch a state game though

BrianfromCarlisle

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on January 11, 2016, 04:08:28 pm

Not until Thursday.

I read where there still maybe 1 or 2 in the mail, that got mailed Friday. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on January 11, 2016, 03:49:39 pm
I would've figured Hazen would bid on state since the gym is brand new.  Even though there is zero parking.  I'm sure Hazen will get Regional over Carlisle because gym is new

They do have a new lot open about a block east of the gym.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 11, 2016, 04:31:01 pm

Not until Thursday.

Where did you read that? Just curious cause the official list released today only shows them

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on January 11, 2016, 04:32:03 pm

Not until Thursday.

Where did you read that? Just curious cause the official list released today only shows them

Saw it on Facebook, so take it for what that is. Lol. Said anything postmarked before Saturday will be accepted.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 11, 2016, 04:36:01 pm
Quote from: HF on January 11, 2016, 04:32:03 pm

Not until Thursday.

Saw it on Facebook, so take it for what that is. Lol. Said anything postmarked before Saturday will be accepted.

Makes sense lol...but it is Facebook

Ctucker

Your right I don't understand,but it shouldn't be all about the money kids should not have to travel that far. And from most post I've read not a very good gym.There has to be a better way to do it.

WPWells

Obviously no one wanted it besides Marmaduke. Don't see how that is all about the money

BoxNOne

Surprising to me that nobody but Marmaduke wants to have it. Must be a lot of trouble to put on. Can't really quarrel with Marmaduke for getting it if they were the only bid.

Ctucker

If they was only one to put in for it . Then it wasn't about money. Didn't realize out of all the schools they was the only one. But if more would have put in then it would be about money that's why the call it a bid.I just think there could be a better way to do it so it wouldn't be so hard on schools.So more would bid. One example would let the host school keep more of the money were it would be worth it.

Ctucker

By the way have no problem with Marmaduke besides travel.I have never been in there gym.I have no ideal if it as bad as some have posted.Some teams are going to travel 6 plus hours.But that's just the way it is so lets go with it and have a good state tourney.

3 Dollar

BASKETBALL
Region, February 24-27
Class 4A
North: Clinton. Lincoln, Prairie Grove
South: Dumas, Malvern, Nashville
East: Riverview
Class 3A
Region 1: Lavaca. West Fork
Region 2: Cedar Ridge, Jessieville
Region 3: Bergman, Hoxie, Yellville-Summit
Region 4: Centerpoint, Drew Central, Smackover
Class 2A
North: Sloan-Hendrix
South: Lafayette County, Parkers Chapel
East: Carlisle, Hazen, Magnet Cove
West: Eureka Springs, Quitman
Class 1A
Region 1: Alpena, County Line
Region 2: Bay, Calico Rock
Region 3: Mount Vernon-Enola, West Side Greers Ferry
Region 4: Caddo Hills, Trinity Christian

State, March 1-5
Class 7A: Cabot
Class 6A: Lake Hamilton, Russellville
Class 5A: HS Lakeside/Hot Springs, Valley View
Class 4A: Lincoln, Malvern, Riverview
Class 3A: Jessieville, Valley Springs
Class 2A: Marmaduke
Class 1A: Izard County, West Side Greers Ferry

Head Lion

Congratulations to Marmaduke, a first class basketball school.

bdubyab60

I think Marked Tree has a bid in on regional as well.

Mustangfans

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 11, 2016, 10:37:35 pm

The parking is really bad there. The lighting inside the gym isn't that great either. Or maybe I'm just use to our gym.

MomaLion

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on January 11, 2016, 03:49:39 pm
I don't care if it's Hazen or Carlisle as long as it's not Magnet Cove...would prefer Carlisle though because of the parking.

Fan9876

Can't complain if marmaduke was the only one bidding, but there should be minimums of what the gym will hold to even qualify for bidding.  If there are, either marmaduke is lying or the minimums are inappropriate.   Marmaduke gym is just not big enough period.   Anyone that attended regionals or state there would know that without a doubt.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fan9876 on January 12, 2016, 11:45:49 am
Can't complain if marmaduke was the only one bidding, but there should be minimums of what the gym will hold to even qualify for bidding.  If there are, either marmaduke is lying or the minimums are inappropriate.   Marmaduke gym is just not big enough period.   Anyone that attended regionals or state there would know that without a doubt.

There are guidelines for requirements but they can't really be enforced if no-one else bids

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Mustangfans on January 11, 2016, 10:53:06 pm

The parking is really bad there. The lighting inside the gym isn't that great either. Or maybe I'm just use to our gym.

Speaking of our gym THE MAC ..  Why didn't we bid on anything?   I know we about had a riot last year but still they should have bid on something.  I thought that was 1 of the reason's we built it.   Heck we don't even have the Joe V Jones Tip off classic anymore.    must be the lack of workers. 

BoxNOne

Mustang, great gym at BIC for sure. They have had several regionals but I only remember one state. I very well could be wrong about that. I personally wish state was there this year but one thing is for sure, if you don't bid you won't get it.

Fan9876

There should still be minimum seating requirements in order to bid period.    If they don't get any bids that meet the criteria, then they should look for alternative places.     And almost a riot at BIC at regionals is a gross over exaggeration.    A couple of people rowdy in the stands more like.   And even that had nothing to do with the game. But you know drama is taught even in sports at BIC lol

MikelB

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on January 12, 2016, 12:02:12 pm

Speaking of our gym THE MAC ..  Why didn't we bid on anything?   I know we about had a riot last year but still they should have bid on something.  I thought that was 1 of the reason's we built it.   Heck we don't even have the Joe V Jones Tip off classic anymore.    must be the lack of workers.

A riot really? Just kidding I know the incident you are referring to. I figure you are right that it's probably a lack of workers, because I'm sure it takes a LOT of volunteers to do a good job of hosting state.

Bigditchlion

Should be held in little rock or hot springs. Somewhere central regardless for travel and fan attendance. South,central and eastern fans will stay home but would drive to central part of the state. I will probably go but just saying a lot won't.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: MikelB on January 12, 2016, 02:38:30 pm

A riot really? Just kidding I know the incident you are referring to. I figure you are right that it's probably a lack of workers, because I'm sure it takes a LOT of volunteers to do a good job of hosting state.

Yea I was there it was not that bad. The Police had it under control.   I worked for & with Mustang club for years when my kids were involved.  We missed out on the State 2yrs in a row but won both lol!! We worked our tales off keeping that Joe V Jones alive & that put a burr in my saddle not having it last 2 years. 
I guess lack of participation is keeping us from bidding.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigditchlion on January 12, 2016, 03:09:16 pm
Should be held in little rock or hot springs. Somewhere central regardless for travel and fan attendance. South,central and eastern fans will stay home but would drive to central part of the state. I will probably go but just saying a lot won't.

I've been to state tournaments at melbourne, calico rock, greets ferry, bradley, nashville, hillcrest, and Carlisle...one thing is common amongst all of those sites, packed gyms, loud crowds and mostly good games...no matter Where they have the tournament people will be upset....I like the way they do it with schools bidding on it...

RedWolf275

Mustangfans

Us folks at BIC aren't used to that. Hahaha.... My daughter thought it was a full scale riot. She's sheltered. Anyway, I bet you're right about the lack of help.

bdubyab60

birddawg1986

Quote from: Fan9876 on January 12, 2016, 02:28:53 pm
There should still be minimum seating requirements in order to bid period.    If they don't get any bids that meet the criteria, then they should look for alternative places.     And almost a riot at BIC at regionals is a gross over exaggeration.    A couple of people rowdy in the stands more like.   And even that had nothing to do with the game. But you know drama is taught even in sports at BIC lol
There is a requirement. 1500 seating capacity. If no stadium seats 18 inches consist of a seat.

Fan9876

Of course there are requirements.   That comment was in regard to a comment saying that the requirements may have been disregarded as there wasonky one bid.    Marmaduke is just no big enough.  If u have been there during then that isn't even arguable.

redrider30

January 13, 2016, 10:08:57 am #91 Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 10:10:51 am by redrider30
Bring your tape measure and calculator. It's not hard measure the total length of the bleachers and divide by 1.5 and that will give you seating capacity based on AAA requirements and if you do this as I have many times in the past you will find that Marmaduke exceeds AAA requirements for hosting state. Granted we don't have the standing room and that makes it a lot better but AAA does not have a standing requirement. The bottom line is if you don't like Marmaduke getting the State get your butt to work with your school administration and community and put your bid in and you can get you some of hosting the 5 day long event which is a major undertaking. If you do it once you'll see why no one bids on it every year except Marmaduke because most all of $$ are going to AAA. We just have an amazing community and school that doesn't care to work our butt's off for a couple months to give our team home court advantage and our fans the ability to stay at home and save money. Oh and yes I did say a couple of month's because it's not just a one week thing. We hope all of you enjoy yourself here at Marmaduke for the State Tournament this year. We are looking forward to hosting again.

bdubyab60

Im sure your measurments are correct taking in that folks have to sit on the steps. Not to mention the entire first row on one side is taken up by the teams and coaches.

Yeah other places should bid on it if they want it. But dont make it out like Duke wasnt stuffing people in there over capacity and that they have the required seating. i think the bench length and the actual seating areas are 2 different things at that gym.

redrider30

January 13, 2016, 01:43:29 pm #93 Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 01:45:28 pm by redrider30
 I find it ironic that someone from EPC that has a gym with seating capacity of 750 would be complaining about not having enough room. As I recall EPC didn't turn down their turn to host the district tournament last year because their gym was too small for that tournament. I didn't mind it though because I loved the atmosphere you had there. Hey bdubya maybe one of us will win the 1.5 Billion tonight and we can build everybody in our conference new gyms and we'll have plenty of room. Lol.

Fan9876

As I previously said,  if you have been to state at Marmaduke, then you know there just isn't enough room.  Possibly the requirement should be adjusted to more appropriate requirement if Marmaduke, in fact, does meet the requirements.  The requirements aren't appropriate.   I understand school pride.  Nothing wrong in that.  I also believe it takes a lot to host.   Doesn't change the fact that it really isn't workable.  That has nothing to do with school pride.  Just reality really.

redrider30

They can't get anybody to bid on it now. What makes you think making the requirements harder would make them get more bids. I'm not saying it's not more comfortable in other gyms but the AAA can't make schools bid if they don't want to. Oh it is workable. Everyone has survived the other 4 times the state was here and they'll survive the 5th time also.

Head Lion

Red rider, comes down to 1 thing in life. There are talkers & there are doers, Marmaduke is a doer!

BoxNOne

This is very true. I for one am happy Marmaduke is a doer. Short drive up there for me!

bdubyab60

Quote from: redrider30 on January 13, 2016, 01:43:29 pm
I find it ironic that someone from EPC that has a gym with seating capacity of 750 would be complaining about not having enough room. As I recall EPC didn't turn down their turn to host the district tournament last year because their gym was too small for that tournament. I didn't mind it though because I loved the atmosphere you had there. Hey bdubya maybe one of us will win the 1.5 Billion tonight and we can build everybody in our conference new gyms and we'll have plenty of room. Lol.
We should have had a new gym years ago. Was just our turn and you don't see us bidding on it and we rarely have any kind of tourneys there.

I think another reason Duke is usually full is that the 2A-3 usually has a few teams in the tourney. Didn't we have 6 teams in last time Duke hosted.

And all I'm saying is Duke shouldn't have kept packing folks in passed their capacity which they did. When you are spilling in to the lobby and folks are sitting the aisles it's a hazard. Just like it was at our gym for district. And also you are using the entire length of the bleachers there and not taking out the aisles/steps to get to the capacity requirement to host. But again if they don't host who is going too.

And if I win 1.5 billion dollars they may have to change the name of the town I'm living in once I cash in. Lol

BigLion10

I guarantee if I hit the powerball tonight England will have a gym that rivals any in the state lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas