• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Tournament Discussion/Prediction Thread

Started by AB™, February 26, 2012, 12:28:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AB™

February 28, 2012, 10:35:22 pm #100 Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:34:29 pm by AB™
Updated with games played today and results in bold.  Junction City, Eureka Springs, and EPC boys win; Poyen, Mountainburg, and EPC girls win. 

BOYS
1S Junction City.........81
4E Augusta.................65

2W County Line
3N Marked Tree
(WED 5:30)

1E Mountain Pine
4S Horatio
(WED 2:30)

2N Rector
3W Two Rivers
(WED 8:30)

1W Eureka Springs.........52
4N Riverside....................46

2S Strong
3E Clarendon
(THUR 2:30)

1N EPC.................77
4W Danville.........44

2E Magnet Cove
3S Parkers Chapel
(THUR 5:30)

GIRLS
1S Norphlet...........54
4E Poyen...............59

2W Bigelow
3N Marmaduke
(WED 4:00)

1E England
4S Parkers Chapel
(WED 1:00)

2N BIC
3W Danville
(WED 7:00)

1W Mountainburg.........63
4N Marked Tree............39

2S Spring Hill
3E Magnet Cove
(THUR 1:00)

1N EPC...............47
4W Magazine.....38

2E St. Joseph, Conway
3S Strong
(THUR 4:00)

AB™

Tomorrow's schedule....

Girls | 1:00
1E England
4S Parkers Chapel

Boys | 2:30
1E Mountain Pine
4S Horatio

Girls | 4:00
2W Bigelow
3N Marmaduke

Boys | 5:30
2W County Line
3N Marked Tree

Girls | 7:00
2N BIC
3W Danville

Boys | 8:30
2N Rector
3W Two Rivers

jdwalk

Quote from: AB™ on February 28, 2012, 10:35:22 pm
Updated with games played today and results in bold.  Junction City, Eureka Springs, and EPC boys win; Poyen, Mountainburg, and EPC girls win. 

BOYS
1S Junction City.....61
4E Augusta............45

2W County Line
3N Marked Tree
(WED 5:30)

1E Mountain Pine
4S Horatio
(WED 2:30)

2N Rector
3W Two Rivers
(WED 8:30)

1W Eureka Springs.....52
4N Riverside................46

2S Strong
3E Clarendon
(THUR 2:30)

1N EPC............77
4W Danville.....44

2E Magnet Cove
3S Parkers Chapel
(THUR 5:30)

GIRLS
1S Norphlet......49
4E Poyen..........54

2W Bigelow
3N Marmaduke
(WED 4:00)

1E England
4S Parkers Chapel
(WED 1:00)

2N BIC
3W Danville
(WED 7:00)

1W Mountainburg....63
4N Marked Tree.......39

2S Spring Hill
3E Magnet Cove
(THUR 1:00)

1N EPC..............47
4W Magazine.....38

wrong score on the Poyen vs Norphlet game final was Poyen 59 Norphlet 54

2E St. Joseph, Conway
3S Strong
(THUR 4:00)

bleudog

February 29, 2012, 07:31:06 am #103 Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:37:46 am by bleudog
Quote from: AB™ on February 28, 2012, 10:35:22 pm

BOYS
1S Junction City.....61 81
4E Augusta............45 65

bleudog

February 29, 2012, 08:59:48 am #104 Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:02:21 am by bleudog
Quote from: True Fan on February 28, 2012, 06:06:41 pm
What kind of condition is the CR gym? New or old? Chair back seats, benches, or risers? Just curious.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess CR will have goals and backboards on both ends of the court for the Magnet Cove - Parkers Chapel game.   ;) ;D

True Fan

Quote from: bleudog on February 29, 2012, 08:59:48 am
Quote from: True Fan on February 28, 2012, 06:06:41 pm
What kind of condition is the CR gym? New or old? Chair back seats, benches, or risers? Just curious.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess CR will have goals and backboards on both ends of the court for the Magnet Cove - Parkers Chapel game.   ;) ;D

;D 

keohog

True Fan

keohog

AB™

Did both England and Parkers Chapel girls go deep in last year's state tournament? 

bdubyab60

Quote from: AB™ on February 29, 2012, 01:19:34 pm
Did both England and Parkers Chapel girls go deep in last year's state tournament?
Played in the Campionship against each other

AB™

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 29, 2012, 01:20:41 pm

Thanks.  I thought at least one of them made the finals.  So did PC lose a lot and England bring a lot back?

bdubyab60

Not sure on that. I know the twinds for England are back. Think they are both signed with UCA. Think PC still has Jordan Carr but not sure on that she was solid last year and I think they lost the good center they had as well.

Ehslion2010

keohog

Quote from: AB™ on February 29, 2012, 01:22:52 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 29, 2012, 01:20:41 pm

Thanks.  I thought at least one of them made the finals.  So did PC lose a lot and England bring a lot back?
England didn't loose anybody from last year.

keohog

AB™

Well, either PC lost almost everything, or they didn't get any better since last year and England did.

Donnie Jamon

Quote from: AB™ on February 29, 2012, 01:55:13 pm
Well, either PC lost almost everything, or they didn't get any better since last year and England did.

which one of these teams won it last year..  i know both played in the finals..

Ehslion2010

59 England
30 PC
Final

England won it last year

keohog

BigLion10

bdubyab60

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 29, 2012, 02:01:30 pm

which one of these teams won it last year..  i know both played in the finals..
England won it last year. And IMO are the favorites this year they can be beat but it'll take a great game from someone to do it

bdubyab60

Nicsma

Nicsma

Oldirty10

England Lady lions will win it all, again.....easily! No One else has a chance.

AB™

February 29, 2012, 03:35:34 pm #126 Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:56:49 pm by AB™
Quote from: Oldirty10 on February 29, 2012, 03:32:40 pm

Then someone needs to inform the AAA and the 11 girl's teams remaining in the tournament there's no need to play the rest of the games, and go ahead and give England the trophy.

thefan

AB™

I know Mountain Pine finished fourth in their district tournament and won their regional tournament.  Did they get hot at the right time?  Get good match-ups in regionals, or what? 

KeoSlow12

Quote from: Oldirty10 on February 29, 2012, 03:32:40 pm
Well that just increased the target on our backs by about 10x. Sure hope our girls aren't reading this because the last thing they need to get right now is a BIG head and an invincible attitude. Pretty sure we all saw what that will get us when we let poyen out play us all around and they took the district championship away from us! It's great to be confident but don't get cocky! We still have 3 games to go and it only gets tougher from here!!

CathywithaC

not that it would have made a difference, but PC's best player was dismissed from the team due to something that happened during regional consolation game, after making 42 pts the night before???  But, she was a nonfactor against England last year.

bdubyab60

Quote from: CathywithaC on February 29, 2012, 03:58:00 pm
not that it would have made a difference, but PC's best player was dismissed from the team due to something that happened during regional consolation game, after making 42 pts the night before???  But, she was a nonfactor against England last year.
I thought she had abut 15 to 20 points in that game and she also did all the ball handling for them as well. If I remember correctly that was a pretty tight game with England making their freethrows down the strectch to seal it.

thefan

Bigelow 9
Marmaduke 2
4:50 in first
Duke ant guard the post

Oldirty10

After watching today's game, no one can touch us. Pure talent will win it all again. We're better than everyone else! Period

codezero

Quote from: AB™ on February 29, 2012, 03:50:23 pm
I know Mountain Pine finished fourth in their district tournament and won their regional tournament.  Did they get hot at the right time?  Get good match-ups in regionals, or what?
They have some good talent. It's just been a roller-coaster ride all year. The problem they have is depth. Only one good reserve , and then they drop off. If #21 can stay out of foul trouble, they are tough to beat.

thefan

codezero

AB™

thefan

Bigelow laying the wood to marmaduke
B 41
M 21
Half

AB™

Quote from: thefan on February 29, 2012, 04:34:22 pm
Bigelow laying the wood to marmaduke
B 41
M 21
Half

Not real surprising.  I thought Bigelow was every bit as good as Mountainburg (if not a little better) and you saw what Mountainburg did to Marked Tree.

Fan

Bigelow is as good as Mountainburg....both quality teams.  Bigelow did not EVER get into bonus in that game...but that's h istory and today is a new day!! Keep it up Lady Panthers and thanks for the info  thefan

AB™

Quote from: Fan on February 29, 2012, 04:38:54 pm
Bigelow is as good as Mountainburg....both quality teams.  Bigelow did not EVER get into bonus in that game...but that's h istory and today is a new day!! Keep it up Lady Panthers and thanks for the info  thefan

That's why I said "I thought Bigelow was every bit as good as Mountainburg (if not a little better)."  I haven't said anything on the subject because both teams had their chances to put the game away but never did.  I don't think most of the fouls they called on Bigelow were bad calls.  Most of them were fouls.  However, they probably could have whistled Mountainburg for a few more fouls, but Bigelow also spent a lot of the game (especially in the first half) shooting jumpers.

Anyway, that doesn't take away from the fact that both Mountainburg and Bigelow are extremely good and well rounded teams that can put five players on the floor who can hurt you offensively.

BigLion10

Quote from: codezero on February 29, 2012, 04:14:49 pm
They have some good talent. It's just been a roller-coaster ride all year. The problem they have is depth. Only one good reserve , and then they drop off. If #21 can stay out of foul trouble, they are tough to beat.
I agree they have some really good shooters and in my opinion the hottest team in the state right now

Fan

Hey, I agree with you AB.  I dont think we got bad calls just think a few-several were missed on the other side but you are totally right that there were a lot of factors that could have made the difference.  Just thankful our girls appear to be digging down past all that junk and playing ball tonight!  WISH I WAS THERE!  :P

AB™

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 29, 2012, 04:42:44 pm
Quote from: codezero on February 29, 2012, 04:14:49 pm
I agree they have some really good shooters and in my opinion the hottest team in the state right now

Sounds like they might be.  Knocked off Hughes and won regionals.

AB™

Quote from: Fan on February 29, 2012, 04:45:04 pm
Hey, I agree with you AB.  I dont think we got bad calls just think a few-several were missed on the other side but you are totally right that there were a lot of factors that could have made the difference.  Just thankful our girls appear to be digging down past all that junk and playing ball tonight!  WISH I WAS THERE!  :P

I think if either team had a little more depth (just a 7th man even) they might be the favorites.  I think that's what did Bigelow in during the regional finals.  You had two starters get their 4th fouls in the 3rd quarter and they had to sit for a while.  I know for Mountainburg, after their 6th man there's a big drop-off to the rest of the bench; mostly because they're all 10th graders.  I think Mountainburg's biggest worry is going to be foul trouble from here on out if they keep winning. 

Fan

I couldn't agree more! Gotta coach the WHOLE team and get some court time for the bench if you wanna be able to count on em...

thefan

Bigelow 65
Marmaduke 37
Running clock
4:30 left

AB™

Quote from: Fan on February 29, 2012, 05:01:55 pm
I couldn't agree more! Gotta coach the WHOLE team and get some court time for the bench if you wanna be able to count on em...

Mountainburg had the fortune of playing in a down conference.  Since they were up 30-50 at halftime or in the 3rd quarter of almost every conference game, they had a lot of games to play their young bench and get them a lot of game experience.  Next year, on top of returning their starting five and sixth man, one or two of the 10th graders that aren't quite ready to contribute yet in key games, should be ready next season.

CathywithaC

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 29, 2012, 04:08:01 pm
Quote from: CathywithaC on February 29, 2012, 03:58:00 pm
I thought she had abut 15 to 20 points in that game and she also did all the ball handling for them as well. If I remember correctly that was a pretty tight game with England making their freethrows down the strectch to seal it.
not sure about her pt total, but Langston (Post player) was the only reason they were in the game.  Carr had multiple turnovers and did more harm than good, imho. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas