• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 best pitching staffs in 3A

Started by AR hardball fan, August 04, 2015, 08:42:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AR hardball fan

Who had the best pitching staff in 2015? Not just the best single pitcher, but who had the strongest 1-3 or 1-4 pitchers. Was a pretty strong year for 3A pitching with Godwin, Swecker and Clark as well as others.

AR hardball fan

Thought BHG pitching staff was very underrated. They had 2 really good pitchers and a couple others that were decent. Nobody seemed to talk about them much during the year though.
Believe that Mayflower's staff was probably the best overall. 4 complete games in the State tournament with one of their better pitchers out with a injury.

JDoc2011

Quote from: AR hardball fan on August 04, 2015, 08:42:23 am
Who had the best pitching staff in 2015? Not just the best single pitcher, but who had the strongest 1-3 or 1-4 pitchers. Was a pretty strong year for 3A pitching with Godwin, Swecker and Clark as well as others.

My friend,  if I'm wrong I apologize but a large percentage of your posts reference Mayflower and a pitcher named Godwin.   It's hard not to think that this kid is either your son/grandson/nephew or that you have an unhealthy obsession with a kid that's not in your family.   From what you have said about him he sounds like a very good pitcher and I wish him the best of luck in the future but let's move on.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: JDoc2011 on August 06, 2015, 10:53:08 pm

My friend,  if I'm wrong I apologize but a large percentage of your posts reference Mayflower and a pitcher named Godwin.   It's hard not to think that this kid is either your son/grandson/nephew or that you have an unhealthy obsession with a kid that's not in your family.   From what you have said about him he sounds like a very good pitcher and I wish him the best of luck in the future but let's move on.

Well I mean he was the best pitcher in the 3A state tournament.

Proud Buckaroo

I sense a little jealousy. Even if Godwin is a family member. Let the man/person be proud of him for his accomplisments. Like stated above, he was the best pitcher in the tournament.

JDoc2011

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 10, 2015, 04:15:05 pm

I sense a little jealousy. Even if Godwin is a family member. Let the man/person be proud of him for his accomplisments. Like stated above, he was the best pitcher in the tournament.

Hey, I'm all for being proud of a kid's accomplishments.   What I find a little cheesy is being deceptive about who you are to promote your own kid.  Multiple times. If you want to talk about how great your kid is, at least be honest about the source instead of trying to make it look like you're just some random fan.  Otherwise,  where's the credibility?

WhosOnFirst

Smackover had the best pitching staff in the state and it wasn't particly close. A left hander throwing low 90s going to UCA, a right hander going to Henderson State that just played in the D2 World Series, a right hander going to Williams Baptist, and a junior right hander that was pretty good himself. Not a bad rotation.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WhosOnFirst on August 10, 2015, 11:10:52 pm
Smackover had the best pitching staff in the state and it wasn't particly close. A left hander throwing low 90s going to UCA, a right hander going to Henderson State that just played in the D2 World Series, a right hander going to Williams Baptist, and a junior right hander that was pretty good himself. Not a bad rotation.

I completely agree. Smackover was definitely deep in the pitching staff.

jr17

BHG did have 2 really good arms to go to. One of them beating mayflower in the district champion ship game (perfect game through 6). But that was the only pitching they had. Smack over would probably get my vote

scarboro69

I have seen Clark pitch many of times over the years of him playing against Fordyce.  He did not throw low 90s.

The Classic

Fordyce is strong coming back with their top three pitchers. The strongest one being Rodgers though, the other two are competitive, but not anywhere near the best pitchers in 3a.

SWARK16

Quote from: scarboro69 on December 03, 2015, 09:55:59 am
I have seen Clark pitch many of times over the years of him playing against Fordyce.  He did not throw low 90s.

Of course Clark didn't throw 90 against you guys. But I am sure that Johnson Chambers Rodgers Tidwell Gates and whoever else were sitting 90-92 against them from where you were sitting.

The Classic

Quote from: SWARK16 on December 04, 2015, 08:22:18 am

Of course Clark didn't throw 90 against you guys. But I am sure that Johnson Chambers Rodgers Tidwell Gates and whoever else were sitting 90-92 against them from where you were sitting.
No they weren't, but neither was Clark. He's just stating a fact.

Bbfan1978

Quote from: The Classic on December 06, 2015, 10:43:11 am

No they weren't, but neither was Clark. He's just stating a fact.

Might see a kid touch 90 here and there but majority in state work 88 or less.

scarboro69

You are one of the biggest idiots I have ever seen in my life.  Chambers and Rogers* did not throw low 90s. I have never said they did.  And  I don't think that Tidwell and Gates were ever in the argument of breaking 90 mph.

Head Lion

Manila has 2 stud 9th graders in Birmingham & Lopez, but they are 9th graders. They will be tough with new Coach Youngblood for the next 6-8 years.

SWARK16

Quote from: scarboro69 on January 05, 2016, 10:26:44 am

You are one of the biggest idiots I have ever seen in my life.  Chambers and Rogers* did not throw low 90s. I have never said they did.  And  I don't think that Tidwell and Gates were ever in the argument of breaking 90 mph.

I'm the idiot, but you said Clark doesn't throw low 90s ::)

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Head Lion on January 05, 2016, 11:20:46 am
Manila has 2 stud 9th graders in Birmingham & Lopez, but they are 9th graders. They will be tough with new Coach Youngblood for the next 6-8 years.

HL,
I agree on the 9th graders, they are very good !!
I believe Brookland plays Manila at Nettleton 3/4
In a round Robin tourney.

OB11

Quote from: Head Lion on January 05, 2016, 11:20:46 am

HL not trying to be facetious here, honest question.  Is Youngblood in it for the long haul at Manila?  From what I've read he's bounced around a little bit.  I've never met the guy, just wondering if he's going to be there for a while. 

Head Lion

He has, with the players we have coming, I think it may be the best 3A baseball job in the state. The pay is WELL and the  pitching is on the way for about 6-8 years. Him and his family seem to love it here, but only time will tell.

jr17

OB11

Quote from: jr17 on January 05, 2016, 10:56:40 pm
The best 3A job is very debatable.

This may get off the topic, but I was curious about that statement as well.  Where do you think the best 3A baseball job is as of right now? 

I'd be curious to hear what everyone thinks.   

SWARK16

Head Lion

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on January 06, 2016, 01:40:19 pm

This may get off the topic, but I was curious about that statement as well.  Where do you think the best 3A baseball job is as of right now? 

With the talent that is coming & the pay. This is what I based it on.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Head Lion on January 06, 2016, 03:32:05 pm
Quote from: OliverBoy11 on January 06, 2016, 01:40:19 pm

With the talent that is coming & the pay. This is what I based it on.

Head Lion , how many pitchers are going to be in y'all's rotation? Grades?
Lopez and Birmingham going to be the 1&2 guys for conference?
How many Fresh and Sophs yall prolly have  in starting Lineup?

Head Lion

Burrow will be #3, & once the lineup gets settled, I imagine 4 Freshman, 3sophs, 1 Jr & 1 Sr.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Head Lion on January 06, 2016, 06:21:22 pm
Burrow will be #3, & once the lineup gets settled, I imagine 4 Freshman, 3sophs, 1 Jr & 1 Sr.

Head Lion,
Sounds like Manila is set for a while , good luck on the season , see y'all 3/4 at Nettleton!!

jr17

I imagine Harding is a great position. Great atmosphere in a town that has anything you need. Mayflower seems like a good position. 25 minutes from Little Rock. 10 from Conway. Winning tradition. Community that is very supporting.

Head Lion

Quote from: jr17 on January 07, 2016, 07:56:34 am
I imagine Harding is a great position. Great atmosphere in a town that has anything you need. Mayflower seems like a good position. 25 minutes from Little Rock. 10 from Conway. Winning tradition. Community that is very supporting.
Jr, cant argue with those, all very good baseball positions.

twincats16

January 07, 2016, 04:48:35 pm #29 Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 04:50:07 pm by twincats16
Harding returns its entire pitching staff from last year that went 25-5.  They have a core group of seniors most of which have played together since they were 6 years old. They have 6 solid pitchers that have good velocity (low to mid 80s) and multiple pitches. 

**  Just read that this thread was for 2015 pitching staffs.  My apologies. **

jr17

I know between Fullerton, Parlow  (not sure if that's the correct spelling), other Fullerton, and the player signed to play at university of Ozarks, HA will have a very solid pitching staff. As well as one of the best coaches in the state.

twincats16

Quote from: jr17 on January 07, 2016, 06:55:04 pm
I know between Fullerton, Parlow  (not sure if that's the correct spelling), other Fullerton, and the player signed to play at university of Ozarks, HA will have a very solid pitching staff. As well as one of the best coaches in the state.

Harlow is the correct spelling.  He is a sophomore. Maddox (Sr) is who signed to play with University of the Ozarks.  HA also has Alex Francis (Sr) and Dalton Koch (So) to go along with Fullerton, Harlow, and Maddox.  All have experience and are capable starters.

jr17

Francis was the one I couldn't put a name too! He's solid. Harding will definitely be very tough this year.

scarboro69

Quote from: SWARK16 on January 05, 2016, 11:30:00 am
Quote from: scarboro69 on January 05, 2016, 10:26:44 am

I'm the idiot, but you said Clark doesn't throw low 90s ::)
Because Clark didn't throw low 90s consistently.  He may hit low 90s every once in awhile, but he probably sat around 87-88

STORM

Head Lion, Is that the team in Jr. High that was pretty freaking good last two years?

pioneers

Quote from: STORM on February 04, 2016, 12:20:14 am
Head Lion, Is that the team in Jr. High that was pretty freaking good last two years?
Yes that is them. Coach youngblood has loaded the schedule up with top notch 3a schools this year Manila will be a very young team I can see 6-7 freshman starting for them this year. I expect us to compete well this year but next year look to start making some noise hopefully.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas