• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AAA annual meeting Wed August 5th

Started by ricepig, August 02, 2015, 09:32:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Truthfully, I don't remember the proposals, but whatever they vote on will be listed here.

x14113

I'm struggling just to to find a list!

Also, appeals.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: x14113 on August 02, 2015, 10:11:01 am

Also, appeals.

Yeah...the appeals were supposed to be on the website...and I never seen them get published..

ricepig

Also, appeals.

OT for non-conference games is all I remember that passed the board meeting.

Rulesman

ricepig

Quote from: Rulesman on August 02, 2015, 06:16:20 pm
Quote from: ricepig on August 02, 2015, 11:17:30 am
OT for non-conference games...
Is that a done deal or is there another vote that it must pass?

It will have to be voted on by the schools, that vote was the board's recommendation. I guess the other proposal was switching from 4 to 6 teams for 7A/6A to make the playoffs, it didn't pass the board.

GuvHog

IMHO they need to change the overtime rules to the way it's done in college football too.

bluegrassboy75

I emailed the AAA about the appeals.  I was sent back a response saying they would put them on the website once they were voted on by the board.  Didn't make sense to me, but wanted to pass the information on.

ricepig

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on August 03, 2015, 11:18:08 am
I emailed the AAA about the appeals.  I was sent back a response saying they would put them on the website once they were voted on by the board.  Didn't make sense to me, but wanted to pass the information on.

So, in other words, don't you fret over this matter, we'll tell you what we want you to know, when we want to.

w ballers

Rulesman

Quote from: GuvHog on August 03, 2015, 11:06:27 am
IMHO they need to change the overtime rules to the way it's done in college football too.
Never is a long time, but don't look for it to happen in your lifetime.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: ricepig on August 03, 2015, 11:46:55 am
Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on August 03, 2015, 11:18:08 am

So, in other words, don't you fret over this matter, we'll tell you what we want you to know, when we want to.

Exactly

ricepig

@JeremyMuckADG:Proposal to add an extra week for the spring football practice period passes 130-0. #arpreps

Proposal to use OT in nonconference football games passes 179-10. Effective immediately. #arpreps

Proposal to allow 7-on-7 events to be played during the school year fails 130-56. #arpreps

AAA NEWS: Proposal No. 1, which would have split swimming into 3 conferences, fails by a 52-14 margin. #arpreps

ricepig

AAA NEWS: Proposal No. 10, which will expand 7A/6A FB playoffs to six teams in each conference starting in 2016, passes 17-12. #*****

AAA NEWS: Proposal No. 2, which would disallow noisemakers with an external power source, passes by a 189-22 margin. #*****

AAA NEWS: Proposal No. 3, which focuses on ninth-grade eligibility, passes by a 206-1 margin. #*****

AAA NEWS: Proposal No. 4, which will allow golf teams to play 18 holes for 6 of its 12 matches, passes by a 123-15 margin. #*****

AAA NEWS: The 18-hole matches will be allowed to start before 3:30 p.m. those days. #*****

AAA NEWS: Proposal No. 5, which gives football teams 4 weeks to cover their 10 days of spring practices in pads, passes 130-0. #*****

AAA NEWS: Proposal No. 6, which will allow JV teams in VB tourneys to fill a field, passes by a 133-3 margin. #*****

AAA NEWS: Proposal No. 7, which will allow JV teams in BKB tourneys to fill a field, passes by a 194-5 margin. #*****

AT

Quote from: ricepig on August 05, 2015, 11:52:40 am
AAA NEWS: Proposal No. 10, which will expand 7A/6A FB playoffs to six teams in each conference starting in 2016, passes 17-12. #*****

Don't understand this. If you do all that travel to show who's best on the field, why allow 3/4 of the conference into the playoffs?

Lionheart88

HorseFeathers

Wait...didn't they just do away with that last cycle?

ricepig

Quote from: HF on August 05, 2015, 08:12:34 pm
Wait...didn't they just do away with that last cycle?

Actually it was to be implemented in this next cycle, but obviously they changed their minds. I think the biggest reason was having the finals the day after Thanksgiving. Yes, I realize the semi-finals are played then.

HorseFeathers

So...still no word on conference appeals?

Googlymoogly

Quote from: HF on August 05, 2015, 08:34:31 pm
I believe conference appeals are addressed by just the board and that's in October

Brian G

The money angle is not in play as a reason for the 6 teams.  The AAA benefits more and it was not their proposal as a committee.

Someone please explain to me the exact meaning of the artificial noise thing they passed.  Is like the DJ booth at Hog home football games?

Football continues to push the envelope on making it dang near a year round time commitment.

Would Title IX apply to other sports that DON'T get as many as 75% of their teams in like football?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: B.G. on August 05, 2015, 09:45:04 pm
The money angle is not in play as a reason for the 6 teams.  The AAA benefits more and it was not their proposal as a committee.

Someone please explain to me the exact meaning of the artificial noise thing they passed.  Is like the DJ booth at Hog home football games?

Football continues to push the envelope on making it dang near a year round time commitment.

Would Title IX apply to other sports that DON'T get as many as 75% of their teams in like football?

I'm assuming it'd be like the amplified portable train whistle that booneville fans had at the Lamar game last year...

Quote from: Googlymoogly on August 05, 2015, 09:02:47 pm
I believe conference appeals are addressed by just the board and that's in October

Hmmmm...still no list though

ricefarmer

Why add another week to get 10 days in for spring fb??

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Googlymoogly on August 05, 2015, 09:02:47 pm

According to their calendar, the Board met on Tuesday night starting at 4pm.  I've been looking for appeals to be mentioned as well.

ricepig

Quote from: ricefarmer on August 06, 2015, 07:28:24 am
Why add another week to get 10 days in for spring fb??

Supposedly some schools missed out during their 3 weeks due to kids participating in other sports. I'm not sure it's that big of a deal, one way or another.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: B.G. on August 05, 2015, 09:45:04 pm

I would say if it requires electricity or has a battery then you can't use it.

Grizzlyfan

AAA NEWS: Proposal No. 2, which would disallow noisemakers with an external power source, passes by a 189-22 margin. #*****

AAA NEWS: Proposal No. 3, which focuses on ninth-grade eligibility, passes by a 206-1 margin. #*****

AAA NEWS: Proposal No. 4, which will allow golf teams to play 18 holes for 6 of its 12 matches, passes by a 123-15 margin. #*****

AAA NEWS: The 18-hole matches will be allowed to start before 3:30 p.m. those days. #*****

AAA NEWS: Proposal No. 5, which gives football teams 4 weeks to cover their 10 days of spring practices in pads, passes 130-0. #*****

AAA NEWS: Proposal No. 6, which will allow JV teams in VB tourneys to fill a field, passes by a 133-3 margin. #*****

AAA NEWS: Proposal No. 7, which will allow JV teams in BKB tourneys to fill a field, passes by a 194-5 margin. #*****

Anybody know anything about the 9th grade eligibility thing?  By the vote it looks like it was just clarifying a technicality.  Just curious.

ricepig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 06, 2015, 10:19:00 am

Anybody know anything about the 9th grade eligibility thing?  By the vote it looks like it was just clarifying a technicality.  Just curious.

"A proposal allowing second semester 8th grade students and first semester ninth grade students to meet eligibility requirements for Jr high by passing four academic classes the previous semester."

That's all I've read on it.

AT

I'm not exactly sure but I remember that basically junior high students had no academic standards they had to meet beforehand?

Proud Buckaroo

So this means.. Booneville cannot use their horn anymore? Lol.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas