• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Rise of the Machine" 2015 Stuttgart Ricebird Football

Started by phdefense, July 28, 2015, 12:09:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 04, 2015, 10:57:36 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 10:38:06 am
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 04, 2015, 10:36:24 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 10:32:53 am
Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 04, 2015, 10:21:01 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 09:46:59 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 09:26:21 am
And you guys have lost to Marianna. What's the difference in Nashville playing Bismarck?

This has been discussed ad nauseam but I'll explain it again for the newcomer to this conversation.

Nashville has a very good record throughout the years and they like to bring up that fact when debating their greatness against Stuttgart. Nothing wrong with that, you play who's on your schedule, but believe me, if the Ricebirds and Scrappers schedules were reversed for the last 35-40 years those records would be quite different. Bismarck, Fouke, Yellville, Lafayette County, Green Forest....these are some of the teams that the Scrappers have whupped up on.

Cabot, Watson Chapel, Batesville, Morrilton, Searcy (in the 80's when they were good), White Hall, Wynne, Dollarway, these are some of the teams that Stuttgart played in non-con and conference year in and year out. Not to mention Greenwood (2-0)  and Alma (1-0) in the playoffs.

Once again, I'm not begrudging Nashville their wins, but if your talking history, there's no question Stuttgart played the tougher competition. The schools were in different classifications so it's an apples-oranges comparison IMO.

How can you name the worst teams on Nashvilles schedule over the years and then name the best teams on Stuttgarts schedule to prove your point? That is flawed logic

I really don't care to get in an argument about which program is better. I'm not changing your mind and you aren't changing mine. But if you want to entertain yourself at least use equal material.

I have no idea who the really "good" teams were on your schedule back in the day, but they weren't as good as the best teams on Stuttgart's schedule.
Then maybe you should do some research before you speak about something you know nothing about.

I can see your schedule, it's a lot of the same teams you're playing today. I'm not going to take time to look up their records, I'm already smart enough to know they don't measure up.
I think I have already mentioned this but I'll try and clear it up for you. The level of competition each team played shouldn't have any effect on the quality of their win/loss record.

Here's why...Stuttgart played bigger, and what I would assume better schools, more often than Nashville did. However, Stuttgart itself was a bigger, better school, again one would assume.  So Stuttgart should be of the same caliber and able to compete with and beat the schools it is playing.

Nashville was at "AA" or below until the late 90s.  Nashville was a small school playing small schools. So Nashville should be of the same caliber and able to compete with and beat the schools it is playing.

Each team had an equal playing field against its competition. Stuttgart's wins don't mean any more than Nashville's. Anyone that disagrees with that refuses to use common sense. The only thing that you can accurately compare is when the 2 schools are in the same class. 2006-present, when the schools played the same teams at the same level. In which case Nashville is 93-23 with 2 titles, and Stuttgart is 74-34 with 1 title.

It's your fellow Scrappers that like to bring up your ALL TIME wins, not me. So the lack of common sense would be in Howard county.  :)

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 11:01:03 am
And you guys have lost to Marianna. What's the difference in Nashville playing Bismarck?

This has been discussed ad nauseam but I'll explain it again for the newcomer to this conversation.

Nashville has a very good record throughout the years and they like to bring up that fact when debating their greatness against Stuttgart. Nothing wrong with that, you play who's on your schedule, but believe me, if the Ricebirds and Scrappers schedules were reversed for the last 35-40 years those records would be quite different. Bismarck, Fouke, Yellville, Lafayette County, Green Forest....these are some of the teams that the Scrappers have whupped up on.

Cabot, Watson Chapel, Batesville, Morrilton, Searcy (in the 80's when they were good), White Hall, Wynne, Dollarway, these are some of the teams that Stuttgart played in non-con and conference year in and year out. Not to mention Greenwood (2-0)  and Alma (1-0) in the playoffs.

Once again, I'm not begrudging Nashville their wins, but if your talking history, there's no question Stuttgart played the tougher competition. The schools were in different classifications so it's an apples-oranges comparison IMO.

How can you name the worst teams on Nashvilles schedule over the years and then name the best teams on Stuttgarts schedule to prove your point? That is flawed logic

I really don't care to get in an argument about which program is better. I'm not changing your mind and you aren't changing mine. But if you want to entertain yourself at least use equal material.

I have no idea who the really "good" teams were on your schedule back in the day, but they weren't as good as the best teams on Stuttgart's schedule.
Then maybe you should do some research before you speak about something you know nothing about.

I can see your schedule, it's a lot of the same teams you're playing today. I'm not going to take time to look up their records, I'm already smart enough to know they don't measure up.
I think I have already mentioned this but I'll try and clear it up for you. The level of competition each team played shouldn't have any effect on the quality of their win/loss record.

Here's why...Stuttgart played bigger, and what I would assume better schools, more often than Nashville did. However, Stuttgart itself was a bigger, better school, again one would assume.  So Stuttgart should be of the same caliber and able to compete with and beat the schools it is playing.

Nashville was at "AA" or below until the late 90s.  Nashville was a small school playing small schools. So Nashville should be of the same caliber and able to compete with and beat the schools it is playing.

Each team had an equal playing field against its competition. Stuttgart's wins don't mean any more than Nashville's. Anyone that disagrees with that refuses to use common sense. The only thing that you can accurately compare is when the 2 schools are in the same class. 2006-present, when the schools played the same teams at the same level. In which case Nashville is 93-23 with 2 titles, and Stuttgart is 74-34 with 1 title.

It's your fellow Scrappers that like to bring up your ALL TIME wins, not me. So the lack of common sense would be in Howard county.  :)
You still don't quite understand. "Stuttgart's wins don't mean anymore than Nashville's". That means... 1 Nashville win = 1 Stuttgart win. No team's 1 win is better than the other team's. But, Nashville has more all time wins than Stuttgart.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 04, 2015, 11:09:08 am

You still don't quite understand. "Stuttgart's wins don't mean anymore than Nashville's". That means... 1 Nashville win = 1 Stuttgart win. No team's 1 win is better than the other team's. But, Nashville has more all time wins than Stuttgart.
and less titles, so winning isn't the problem, just winning when it actually means something. Gotcha

~WPS~

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 04, 2015, 11:09:39 am

and less titles, so winning isn't the problem, just winning when it actually means something. Gotcha
Nashville has more playoff wins than any other team in Arkansas. And I would say that 4 titles is a very respectable number considering how competitive 4A (old 3A) (old AA) is and was.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 04, 2015, 11:14:53 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on August 04, 2015, 11:09:39 am

Nashville has more playoff wins than any other team in Arkansas. And I would say that 4 titles is a very respectable number considering how competitive 4A (old 3A) (old AA) is and was.
So again, winning isn't the problem, just winning when it really matters. GOTCHA

SUGARTOWN

cuckoobird

August 04, 2015, 11:23:46 am #156 Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:25:52 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 11:20:46 am
Four titles IS respectable, but you know.... ;D
Yeah thanks to warren, the two teams in orange and black who like to pound their chests, have finally tied the Ricebirds in state title wins. Albeit theirs are combined to tie us...

Let me dumb that down for the 3a cretin, "Although"

~WPS~

I think I've finally figured it out. If you were to go around the state and ask people what Stuttgart is known for 99% of people would say ducks, the other 1% would say mosquitoes. If you were to ask people what Nashville is known for 100% would say football. Just face it, Stuttgart football is basically unknown outside of Stuttgart. Heck, Nashville has even had a 2 full pages write up in the ADG 5 or so years ago that was titled "The Town That Lives for Friday Night". People come to Nashville to watch a game when their team isn't even playing just so they can experience what a Friday night is like in Nashville. Y'all want that so bad, but you can't have it. Enjoy being the duck capitol, and a football afterthought. :)

cuckoobird

August 04, 2015, 11:38:09 am #158 Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:43:32 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 04, 2015, 11:31:18 am
I think I've finally figured it out. If you were to go around the state and ask people what Stuttgart is known for 99% of people would say ducks, the other 1% would say mosquitoes. If you were to ask people what Nashville is known for 100% would say football. Just face it, Stuttgart football is basically unknown outside of Stuttgart. Heck, Nashville has even had a 2 full pages write up in the ADG 5 or so years ago that was titled "The Town That Lives for Friday Night". People come to Nashville to watch a game when their team isn't even playing just so they can experience what a Friday night is like in Nashville. Y'all want that so bad, but you can't have it. Enjoy being the duck capitol, and a football afterthought. :)
Well, my school had the same write up 1990 in the ADG, btw, it's no longer open. When your football program is a multi million dollar business, let us know. Then maybe people from all around the WORLD, not just arknasas or the USA, would think of Taint, AR over Nashville TN

I'll be back after lunch to continue putting you in your place in couple hours. ProudBuckaroo's mom invited me over to eat with him. PB&J with milk and cookies. mmmmmmm He'll be back after his nap

SUGARTOWN

You should be lucky Nashville has football because you have absolutely NOTHING ELSE in that little bump in the road over there in SW AR. It's actually kind of sad that your whole town revolves around high school football. But then again, that's all you have...

And I would say most Arkansans also know Stuttgart as the home of Riceland. The world's largest rice miller and a Fortune 500 company.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 04, 2015, 11:38:09 am
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 04, 2015, 11:31:18 am
Well, my school had the same write up 1990 in the ADG, btw, it's no longer open. When your football program is a multi million dollar business, let us know. Then maybe people from all around the WORLD, not just arknasas or the USA, would think of Taint, AR over Nashville TN

I'll be back after lunch to continue putting you in your place in couple hours. ProudBuckaroo's mom invited me over to eat with him. PB&J with milk and cookies. mmmmmmm He'll be back after his nap

You'll have to take your dentures out to even bare a PB&J sandwich. Nice mommy jokes. A little childish for your age. Isn't it?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 11:58:49 am
You should be lucky Nashville has football because you have absolutely NOTHING ELSE in that little bump in the road over there in SW AR. It's actually kind of sad that your whole town revolves around high school football. But then again, that's all you have...

And I would say most Arkansans also know Stuttgart as the home of Riceland. The world's largest rice miller and a Fortune 500 company.

Your post is contradicting. You are insulting; or attempting to, a Nashville poster for them only having football, but yet... You Stuttgart posters are so hung up on is all those rusty trophies you have. That's all we hear from you guys. "Oh, we're title town. We have won 7 titles." Now, that I'm awake from my "nap." Let me get my computer out. Since my "smart phone" is too "smart" for me. Hang on... I got to wipe my tears. Because.... A 40+ year old man. Insulted me. By using a mommy joke. Hahaha.

Proud Buckaroo

cuckoo, You want to talk about ME riding the coattails of Nashville. Psh. Please, you have zero ties to Stuttgart other than your son getting ONE ring. You moved into Stuttgart. Never went to school there. Don't even talk to me about riding someone's coattails.

SUGARTOWN

Yes, that's all they have in that town. And you're confused because all we talk about is football...on a football message board. Ok...   ::)

cuckoobird

August 04, 2015, 12:25:04 pm #164 Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:30:01 pm by cuckoobird
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 12:13:07 pm
cuckoo, You want to talk about ME riding the coattails of Nashville. Psh. Please, you have zero ties to Stuttgart other than your son getting ONE ring. You moved into Stuttgart. Never went to school there. Don't even talk to me about riding someone's coattails.
ZERO ties? I wouldn't go that far, but yes, I never attended school here. Our trophy isn't near rusty as taint's last and if you think the mommy joke was the insult, the joke is on you. Look up cretin since you now have access to your brain

Proud Buckaroo

Lolll. Funny. I don't even have to look that up. Trying to call me stupid without actually coming out and saying it.

Proud Buckaroo

You are 40+ years old, and your first instinct is to go for name calling, because you have nothing better to come up with. Your maturity level must be the same as your shoe size..

GuvHog

It's true that Riceland has a plant in Stuttgart but I believe their headquarters (main office) is in Jonesboro.

BrianfromCarlisle

The headquarters are in Stuttgart.  With 2 plants in Stuttgart.   Rice and soybean each have a mill in Stuttgart.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: GuvHog on August 04, 2015, 12:44:27 pm

It's true that Riceland has a plant in Stuttgart but I believe their headquarters (main office) is in Jonesboro.

You're questioning someone FROM Stuttgart about Riceland? C'mon man...

As Brian said, the headquarters are in Stuttgart at 22nd and Park Ave.

~WPS~

You're comparing football to jobs? Nashville has plenty of factories, plants, etc. but those are jobs, not sports. And people may know Stuttgart has rice, but do they really care?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 04, 2015, 01:06:53 pm

You're comparing football to jobs? Nashville has plenty of factories, plants, etc. but those are jobs, not sports. And people may know Stuttgart has rice, but do they really care?

Yes.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 01:08:39 pm

And you're the one who tried to bring up what Stuttgart was "known" for. Just trying to educate some more..

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 01:09:10 pm

And you're the one who tried to bring up what Stuttgart was "known" for. Just trying to educate some more..
I'm not that interested in being educated about Stuttgart. I'd rather fill my mind with useful information.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on August 04, 2015, 01:12:18 pm

I'm not that interested in being educated about Stuttgart. I'd rather fill my mind with useful information.

Then you shouldn't have brought it up. You mean "useful" info like who's going to be the 2nd team nose guard for the Scraps this year? Better get out there to practice and fill out that depth chart. Lol

phdefense

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 10:20:13 am
I'm on my phone right now. When I get access to my computer. I'll show you why they aren't AS successfull anymore. Barton's tradition was lost in my opinion when they had to drop football for a year.
Then by your definition the Smackypies have had no success then. Since Barton played in the championship game against Charleston in 2011. Which would be after they had to drop football for a year.

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 04, 2015, 01:20:20 pm

Then you shouldn't have brought it up. You mean "useful" info like who's going to be the 2nd team nose guard for the Scraps this year? Better get out there to practice and fill out that depth chart. Lol
Ok... ::)

SUGARTOWN

Proud Buckaroo

August 04, 2015, 01:33:29 pm #178 Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:35:11 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Smackypies? That's the best you could come up with... Seriously. Lol. They dropped football in 07.... Not 2010. Lolll. Which is the last time Barton has made it past the second round in the playoffs.

Proud Buckaroo

phdefense

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 01:33:29 pm
Smackypies? That's the best you could come up with... Seriously. Lol. They dropped football in 07.... Not 2010. Lolll.
I am getting that this might be complicated for you but, linearly 2011 is after 2007. I am using your criteria. Moving the bar to try and appear less wrong than you already are just makes you look more like the flopping fish out of water you are. Maybe you will find more success at the 3A kiddy table.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 12:39:22 pm
You are 40+ years old, and your first instinct is to go for name calling, because you have nothing better to come up with. Your maturity level must be the same as your shoe size..
You are 20+ years old and know everything, (even though everything you have posted on here today is wrong) maybe you should go make your millions now before you get old and dumb like me.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 01:35:55 pm
There is a difference in success and tradition.
Is there? so, since one good athlete, that's all it takes in 3a, has been at your school you've had success, but still no tradition. Gotcha

Proud Buckaroo

I think you're finding a hard time understanding. According to your/Stuttgart's definition of a winning tradition. The only thing that matters is those rusty trophies. Therefore.. Barton dropped football in 2007. 2011 was the last time they have even been past the second round of the playoffs since 2004. are you with me now?

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 01:47:53 pm
I think you're finding a hard time understanding. According to your/Stuttgart's definition of a winning tradition. The only thing that matters is those rusty trophies. Therefore.. Barton dropped football in 2007. 2011 was the last time they have even been past the second round of the playoffs since 2004. are you with me now?
No one is with you, we don't speak dorkfish

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 04, 2015, 01:47:24 pm
Is there? so, since one good athlete, that's all it takes in 3a, has been at your school you've had success, but still no tradition. Gotcha

You're assuming that one good athlete is all it takes in 3A?

I'm just going to leave this here for your enjoyment.

Neutral field:

(2015) Smackover (AR) 35, (2015) Stuttgart (AR) 6.

Aww, bow down to the mighty Ricecakes.

phdefense

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 01:52:12 pm
Aww, bow down to the mighty Ricecakes.
Now you are starting to get it. Resistance is futile.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: phdefense on August 04, 2015, 01:54:17 pm
Aww, bow down to the mighty Ricecakes. -insert sarcasm here.-

Fixed it for you, so you could actually understand that was me being sarcastic.

phdefense

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 04, 2015, 01:56:17 pm
Quote from: phdefense on August 04, 2015, 01:54:17 pm
Aww, bow down to the mighty Ricecakes. -insert awe and reverance.-

Fixed it for you, so you could actually understand that was me being humbled.
Thanks I appreciate you finally coming around.

Jacketman65

Where did all of the Stuttgart folks go?

I guess they are reading their history books!

RUSH

Quote from: Jacketman65 on August 04, 2015, 02:49:17 pm

lol

HeberFan

cuckoobird

smackover won't beat warren in week 1 and Stuttgart will curbstomp them in week 2

LakeRat

Resistance is futile... You will be assimilated...

Welcome to 4A!!

cuckoobird

Quote from: Jacketman65 on August 04, 2015, 02:49:17 pm

I was playing 3 softball games lastnight. You can't stay looking as good as I do by sitting in the basement on FF

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 05, 2015, 07:24:19 am
smackover won't beat warren in week 1 and Stuttgart will curbstomp them in week 2

You ain't beating a dang thing in week 2, ha.

phdefense

Quote from: AirWarren on August 05, 2015, 07:51:43 am

you hope, LOL

cuckoobird

Quote from: AirWarren on August 05, 2015, 07:51:43 am

I just hope you're there to witness it

Big Country

August 06, 2015, 05:12:14 am #198 Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 08:11:12 am by Big Country
Never mind

Proud Buckaroo

Don't bring that up. I've already done that. That doesn't lump their success. They are in the middle of a two year; Going on three, down year. Loll.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas