• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-Train and Ant Man: Cross County's two headed monster

Started by playmaker04, July 27, 2015, 11:27:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mtindian42

Is this for real? This ain't fair Lol...good luck stoping this backfield...ANY CLASS 7A down!!!

Jacketalum07

I wonder if Cross County has seen his transcript... I heard his G.P.A and his attitude is horrible! He's a great player id sure hate to see all that talent go to waste!

WPWells

You heard second hand so you'll come on here and bash a kid

beach bum

August 02, 2015, 10:24:40 pm #53 Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:30:03 pm by beach bum
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 02, 2015, 10:23:10 pm

While I don't agree with how he is handling it.... people just don't get kicked off a team for no reason and in high school get ample chances. I hope it turns out well for him as well as any kid getting another chance.

BigLion10

MomaLion

Quote from: Jacketalum07 on August 02, 2015, 10:00:48 pm
I wonder if Cross County has seen his transcript... I heard his G.P.A and his attitude is horrible! He's a great player id sure hate to see all that talent go to waste!
All i've seen from the Wynne folks is bashing on this kid..it's not like y'all don't have tons of other kids to worry about, this one isn't your concern any longer.

MomaLion

Quote from: beach bum on August 02, 2015, 10:24:40 pm

While I don't agree with how he is handling it.... people just don't get kicked off a team for no reason and in high school get ample chances. I hope it turns out well for him as well as any kid getting another chance.
I'm sure his discipline problems stem from the consolidation of Wynne with Parkin...it's hard on the high schoolers to make that transition and tensions are high, easy to let things get out of hand...we don't know the circumstances behind all this.

bdubyab60

Parkins been consolidated for years so I dont think that is an issue. Hopefully hes put his issues behind him and doesnt bring them to CC.

FD4

I transferred from McCrory to Wynne in the early 70's.  Didn't have any trouble adjusting.  I just told the folks here in Wynne where I was from, what it was like and all that.  No problems at all except with one football coach, I sort of gave him the wrong answer in front of a class of other 8th graders.  Other than that, no trouble.

playmaker04

Jayden has been ruled ineligible so back to one great back instead of two.

Proud Buckaroo

I just didn't understand how it was even possible to be kicked off a team, transfer to another school and be able to play.

Pit Bull

Quote from: playmaker04 on August 03, 2015, 12:18:44 pm
Jayden has been ruled ineligible so back to one great back instead of two.

Did he not make the July 1st cut-off for School Choice....

birddawg1986

I may be wrong but I don't think you can school choice out,and be eligible. I thought you had to sit one calendar year ???

mtindian42

Aw man that's to bad... Cc would have won it all. Had they stayed together... JMO

HorseFeathers

Quote from: birddawg1986 on August 03, 2015, 01:09:02 pm
I may be wrong but I don't think you can school choice out,and be eligible. I thought you had to sit one calendar year ???

Fairly certain ig has to be a legitimate move into the district

Trint Creek

I hate this kid isn't going to get the opportunity to play this year. But there is another speed demon back at CC that nobody has mentioned. B. Johnson has great speed and given a chance will roll up the yards. But the tail backs are just part of the puzzle. Looks like their defense is going to deal some pain to running backs and quarter backs. There is a mountain of talent on this team.

Trint Creek

In fact after thinking about it CC want win games by scoring a ton of touchdowns which they will do but they are going to win games by shutting offenses down. Defense wins games.

Jacketalum07

I'm Definitely not bashing the kid. I hope the best for him. I heard second hand from a coach so I'm pretty sure its a reliable source. Like I said he has all the talent in the world and probably one of the top 5 running backs in the state. I just hate to see him not be able to play anywhere.

MomaLion

Quote from: bdubyab60 on August 03, 2015, 08:58:55 am
Parkins been consolidated for years so I dont think that is an issue. Hopefully hes put his issues behind him and doesnt bring them to CC.
If you've never been through a consolidation, you have no idea how long it really takes...from experience I know it takes many years.

MomaLion

Quote from: FD4 on August 03, 2015, 10:23:08 am
I transferred from McCrory to Wynne in the early 70's.  Didn't have any trouble adjusting.  I just told the folks here in Wynne where I was from, what it was like and all that.  No problems at all except with one football coach, I sort of gave him the wrong answer in front of a class of other 8th graders.  Other than that, no trouble.
Transferring is totally different than a forced consolidation...It just takes time.

MomaLion

Can he not legitimately move in with his cousin and play?

Proud Buckaroo

He was kicked off a team. Most likely did not meet the July cut-off. Or there is more to this being kicked off the team than we really know.

MomaLion

FD4

Surely politics are not involved in this, simply a matter a rule not being satisfied, one would think.  At any rate, it is truly a shame he cant get a chance to play.  From what I gather by talking to people on the inside, there was an issue with grades.  But then again, rules are rules.

Proud Buckaroo

School work comes first and its nice to see a lot of Coaches these days worrying about their athletes working towards that goal.

Trint Creek

All kids aren't scholars and this is all they have. Some kids like this want go any further than high school and then go work on the farm or in a factory. Sounds like this kids grades and attitude would not allow him to advance to the next level. So the way I see it he has been robbed of the highlight of his life. Now all he has to look back on his senior year is nothing and that is sad.

Proud Buckaroo

Who exactly are you blamming for his "dreams" being robbed? If you cannot make the grades to be able to play football. You just don't need to play at all.  When I played in Smackover, You were required to have a 1.9-2.0 GPA.

Dragon I

Quote from: Trint Creek on August 04, 2015, 10:50:19 pm
All kids aren't scholars and this is all they have. Some kids like this want go any further than high school and then go work on the farm or in a factory. Sounds like this kids grades and attitude would not allow him to advance to the next level. So the way I see it he has been robbed of the highlight of his life. Now all he has to look back on his senior year is nothing and that is sad.

Ohhhhh.  You're a liberal.  That explains it.

Ventman

2.0 is the minimum. I mean if you can't maintain a 2.0 how are you going to be dedicated enough to play football or any other sport for that matter. Grades come first, playing sports is a privilege not a right.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Trint Creek on August 04, 2015, 10:50:19 pm

People who believe like YOU, are what's wrong with a lot of kids today. One of the dumbest post I've ever read.

Oh and you do understand without farmers,  you starve to death?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Trint Creek on August 03, 2015, 03:48:40 pm
In fact after thinking about it CC want win games by scoring a ton of touchdowns which they will do but they are going to win games by shutting offenses down. Defense wins games.

Just going off his posts; It's clear why he thinks that Way, Pick.

HorseFeathers

...I bet he goes to the grocery store to buy meat that involved no harm to animals......

Seriously, if you can't abide by the rules and put out effort to make average grades, or at least high enough that you can go to s.i.p(if they still do that) then you can't play... why do people get their panties in a wad over this...life isn't fair, buy a helmet

BigLion10

Getting a 2.0 is like going to class and putting your name on the paper

bigworm

i agree, you have to be one lazy dude to not make a 2.0. He made his bed now he has to lay in it. I cant imagine that someone wasn't on him to get with the program.

Moma, its not as simple as going to live with a cousin. His legal guardian has to make a legitimate move in order for him to be eligible.

Proud Buckaroo

Donnie Jamon

I know you have to live with your legal guardian, but if a kid is 18 do they still have to live with the guardian? 

BigLion10

I believe when u turn 18 you can live with whoever

Donnie Jamon

Ok kind of what I thought to but I don't know if the kid is 18 or not.  Just seeing if what I thought was true.

MomaLion

Quote from: bigworm on August 05, 2015, 10:35:39 am

Moma, its not as simple as going to live with a cousin. His legal guardian has to make a legitimate move in order for him to be eligible.
Gotcha

bigworm

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 05, 2015, 10:46:26 am
I believe when u turn 18 you can live with whoever

you may be right about this but I don't think so. gimme a few and ill find out.

Trint Creek

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 05, 2015, 08:06:07 am
Who exactly are you blamming for his "dreams" being robbed? If you cannot make the grades to be able to play football. You just don't need to play at all.  When I played in Smackover, You were required to have a 1.9-2.0 GPA.

WHOA!!!!! Looks like I have ran into a bunch of thick glasses pocket protector wearing straight A getting bench riding nerds. Honestly I know nothing of this kids problems but this reminds me of a kid that played on my team back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. He was a great athlete but God didn't gift him with much upstairs. He went to school played football until he got to old to play so he quit and was still a Jr at that point. This guy goes to every high school football game to this day and sets around and talks about the glory days. That is his life and that is great. I was just thinking this kid want have that. 

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Trint Creek on August 07, 2015, 10:58:45 am

WHOA!!!!! Looks like I have ran into a bunch of thick glasses pocket protector wearing straight A getting bench riding nerds. Honestly I know nothing of this kids problems but this reminds me of a kid that played on my team back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. He was a great athlete but God didn't gift him with much upstairs. He went to school played football until he got to old to play so he quit and was still a Jr at that point. This guy goes to every high school football game to this day and sets around and talks about the glory days. That is his life and that is great. I was just thinking this kid want have that.

So you quit when you were a JR Because you were tired of riding the bench?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: tmycjy on July 27, 2015, 06:39:09 pm
Quote from: playmaker04 on July 27, 2015, 12:11:26 pm
He lives in Parkin. Actually I believe kids from parkin can choose between Wynne or Cross county on what school they want to attend.

he right wynne has agreement with parkin for school choice the reason he not play for wynne high school do to a displene reason he got kick off of the team to staying in trouble at school other thing Wynne is a Class act Program we don't need kids who stay in trouble on the team

Good point. If he caused troubles there he will probably cause them at CC. Good athletes need to be good kids if they want to make it anywhere!

Trint Creek

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 07, 2015, 11:02:04 am

For being a straight a student you think you could read. ???

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Trint Creek on August 07, 2015, 11:12:31 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 07, 2015, 11:02:04 am

For being a straight a student you think you could read. ???

What makes you think I was a straight A student? I dropped out of highschool in 10th grade. I was 16. I went and got my GED. After three days. I've been working ever since then.

mcnewfamily

bottom line i wasn't a straight a student but if he gets in trouble now and can't play or bad grades then he couldn't make it at the next level any ways unless it was florida st. it's all on him. his choices and his decisions. he made them.   now he can just speculate on what might have been. no one to blame but himself and that is a shame.

playmaker04

Wynne has a gang element and mentality that he was constantly exposed to. Hate to say it but Wynne is steadily becoming Forrest city. He wouldn't have had that exposure at Cross county. He's not a bad kid. He's just made some bad mistakes

mcnewfamily

i agree with you playmaker.  they have 1 or 2 probs a year at wynne. few bad choices and now has to suffer  from them.

Trint Creek

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas