• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rick Jones-ADG

Started by ricepig, June 28, 2015, 12:41:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Jones was the chosen person for this week's High Profile society page. It was a nice article on his life and steps along the way in his coaching progression. He appears to have a little more humility than the average GW poster on here, haha.

sevenof400

You're just begging TT to drop back by these parts, aren't you Ricepig?

PrivateLesson

June 29, 2015, 06:42:30 am #2 Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 06:48:43 am by PrivateLesson
This was a great article on a great man and Coach.      I wish TT and the others would return to Fearless.   

PrivateLesson

I guess they could be on Fearless.....they could be "hidden" along with a few other known posters.   

bulldogger15

Agreed, Rick Jones is one heck of a coach and person. I can't wait to see how the next few years at Greenwood turn out for him for sure.

bleudog

Quote from: ricepig on June 28, 2015, 12:41:02 pm
Jones was the chosen person for this week's High Profile society page. It was a nice article on his life and steps along the way in his coaching progression. He appears to have a little more humility than the average GW poster on here, haha.

CLICK HERE

Uncle Ivan

Has he started paying his own insurance premiums yet?

bulldogger15

I'm not sure about the insurance premium, but I do believe they've started to design the mold for the large bronze statue of Coach Jones in front of the stadium! GO BULLDOGS!

Baitshop

Quote from: bulldogger15 on July 20, 2015, 12:54:16 pm
I'm not sure about the insurance premium, but I do believe they've started to design the mold for the large bronze statue of Coach Jones in front of the stadium! GO BULLDOGS!

^^^^He's not kidding^^^^

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Baitshop on July 20, 2015, 05:32:16 pm

^^^^He's not kidding^^^^

I can believe it.  That place is stupid enough to do it.

rona

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 21, 2015, 02:54:10 am
Quote from: Baitshop on July 20, 2015, 05:32:16 pm

^^^^He's not kidding^^^^

I can believe it.  That place is stupid enough to do it.

Visited a number of times in Greenwood. Some, but not as many in Wynne. Found both places to represent small town America well. Few such communities have the rich high school football tradition of both. Then there are posters from both that show their ignorance and lack of Class - So sad!

GuvHog

Quote from: bulldogger15 on July 15, 2015, 02:53:15 pm
Agreed, Rick Jones is one heck of a coach and person. I can't wait to see how the next few years at Greenwood turn out for him for sure.

Didn't he leave to take a College OC job??

Bayou Bully

Quote from: GuvHog on July 29, 2015, 10:23:25 am

Yeah, administration offered him the job but the board voted it down...so he's still in Gwood

Baitshop

Quote from: Bayou Bully on July 29, 2015, 06:13:53 pm

Yeah, administration offered him the job but the board voted it down...so he's still in Gwood

Huh..??..??

bulldogger15

Jones should be in GW for the foreseeable future. Tons of talent coming up and a much better QB situation through 2020. 2018 or 2019 would be my guess for him to exit. We'll see...

Uncle Ivan

Reason was they wanted someone who could teach a QB to take a snap from under center.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 03, 2015, 03:45:24 am

Reason was they wanted someone who could teach a QB to take a snap from under center.

Is this why Hill came to Wynne, so they could learn the forward pass?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Pr8hd on August 03, 2015, 11:58:41 am

Sort of, but he figured out that the talent base was hard nosed, so he still primarily ran the ball.

If your kids are soft and weak, by all means, pass the ball and look pretty.  Jones knows what he has to work with.

bulldogger15

Tough hard working kids have always been the MO at Greenwood. Passing, running or both takes "hard nosed" types to stay on top. Greenwood's domination over the years isn't because they "look pretty". Maybe the game has changed and I haven't. Add that to the list.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 04, 2015, 02:14:01 am

Sort of, but he figured out that the talent base was hard nosed, so he still primarily ran the ball.

If your kids are soft and weak, by all means, pass the ball and look pretty.  Jones knows what he has to work with.

Combined Score in 3 meetings under Jones:

"Sissy Boys"        93
"Tough Mudders" 53

Baitshop

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Pr8hd on August 04, 2015, 09:55:02 am

"Sissy Boys"        93
"Tough Mudders" 53

Inflated by a lopsided score in Hill's first year.

We all remember the one point game in 2005...with a touchdown that was handed to Gwd via officiating.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 04, 2015, 03:04:35 pm
Quote from: Pr8hd on August 04, 2015, 09:55:02 am

"Sissy Boys"        93
"Tough Mudders" 53

Inflated by a lopsided score in Hill's first year.

We all remember the one point game in 2005...with a touchdown that was handed to Gwd via officiating.

I do remember a non-call against Lucas Miller in 2004 on a 2 point conversion that assured Wynne of the title that year and prevented a possible OT. This after we LET you score to get another possession and went the length of the field in a short time frame with a bunch of "pansies" that weren't even supposed to be there that year.

That 2005 game was where? @ Wynne right?
Home cooking doesn't add up there for GW, honestly. Do most visitors get the home cooking? That was also a game in which the  aforementioned "forward pass" was intercepted right?
It's a good excuse but probably had chance to win the game beyond just one call (ie. run instead of pass) and didn't get it done at HOME against a bunch of "sissy boys" so officiating is a convenient excuse.

Wynne got thumped in 2011, no calls decided this one either way. It was an old fashioned boat race behind the GW "Nail Salon"- "tough" teams have woodsheds, "sissy boy" teams have nail salons.

Uncle Ivan

There was no non call in 2004, but there was a * third down PI call with the ball ten feet over the WR's head in 2005.  I also recall hanging half a hundred in 2001, do you?

Tell me, when will Greenwood start fudging its enrollment numbers to drop back down?

Even though it'd be a bad idea.  Play us again and 45-7 would look like a scrimmage.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 05, 2015, 07:54:10 pm
There was no non call in 2004, but there was a * third down PI call with the ball ten feet over the WR's head in 2005.  I also recall hanging half a hundred in 2001, do you?

Tell me, when will Greenwood start fudging its enrollment numbers to drop back down?

Even though it'd be a bad idea.  Play us again and 45-7 would look like a scrimmage.

I thought we were talking about the Rick Jones era not Harv Welch...there is a sleight difference. After all, Jones seems to be the one you have the biggest issues with and his style, etc. Why's that? I just think you have a big ole case of red butt and "p-enis envy".

Tell me again, when Wynne might capture another title? It's been awhile...

Delta Razor, why wish for another game and another excuse as to why you lost to a team of "sissy boys" ? 

bulldogger15

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 05, 2015, 07:54:10 pm

Rick Jones and Greenwood have reloaded. The QB situation has been cured for the next 3 to 4 years and GW will make many more runs for the title in whichever classification they're in. We could scrimmage Wynne if we wanted to digress; however, I think it's better to warm up against teams like Fayetteville. Just one mans opinion...

Wynne who? Wynne Whiners, Wynne Wimps, Wynne somebody cares... GO BULLDOGS!

PrivateLesson

Ummmm.....I'm a huge Greenwood fan but Wynne isn't a pushover team..just a girls opinion.:)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas