• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 CLASS 4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP CAPSULES

Started by BarclayAlmanac, March 12, 2015, 12:04:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BarclayAlmanac

March 12, 2015, 12:04:08 pm Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 04:09:54 pm by BarclayAlmanac
2015 CLASS 4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
BOYS
SUBIACO ACADEMY VS MONTICELLO
Friday, March 13, 5:15 p.m.
Bank of the Ozarks Arena, Hot Springs

SUBIACO ACADEMY (22-9)
Head coach: Tim Tencleve
State championships: (1)
Road to Hot Springs: Won regional tournament and defeated Hamburg and Dardanelle in state tournament

MONTICELLO (26-1)
Head coach: Wayne Sherrer
State championships: (0)
Road to Hot Springs: Won regional tournament and defeated Huntsville and Arkansas Baptist in state tournament

Fearless Facts: Tencleve, a Scranton native, is in his 30th year as the head coach at Subiaco Academy. ... The Trojans are making their first appearance in a state championship game. ... Sherrer is in his 28th year at Monticello. ... Monticello's only loss was a conference setback to Hamburg in February when the Billies were 16-0. ... Subiaco Academy defeated Hamburg, 52-37, in the second round of the state tournament. ... Monticello also made it to the championship game in 1973, losing to Morrilton, and 1953, losing to Clinton.

CLASS 4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
GIRLS
OZARK VS RIVERVIEW
Friday, March 13, 3:30 p.m.
Bank of the Ozarks Arena, Hot Springs

OZARK (29-3)
Head coach: Bret Nagel
State championships: (3) 2001, 2000, 1998
Road to Hot Springs: Won regional tournament and defeated Pocahontas and Prairie Grove in the state tournament

RIVERVIEW (37-1)
Head coach: Ryan Smith
State championships: (0)
Road to Hot Springs: Won regional tournament and defeated Malvern and Star City in state tournament

Fearless Facts: Smith is in his fifth year as head coach at Riverview. ... Nagel is in his 11th season as head coach at Ozark after being an assistant for nine years under legendary Ron Rippy, who won three state titles at Ozark.

BIGGOAT60

If I'm not mistaken Coach sheerer has been head coach at monticello well over a decade not 5 years

BarclayAlmanac

you are correct. it's actually 28. i was a line off on my spreadsheet. thanks for pointing it out.

Basketball13

What year was the Subiaco Chanpionship you have listed? From my understanding this is their first final in school history.

Billie Blue

Monticello has won a state championship in 1976 and coach Sherrer has also won a championship at Delta before he came to Monticello

Big Fan

Quote from: Billie Blue on March 13, 2015, 07:18:18 am
Monticello has won a state championship in 1976
They won the AA State Championship under Coach Ricky Mobley.  The team was led by Anthony Avery. 
I believe they won it all in 63 as well.

RTF

Subi should be at 0 for state titles, I think they may have that backwards

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas