• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

top players in 5a

Started by Coachbanks12, October 04, 2017, 10:33:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Coachbanks12

Who are the top players to look for in 5a this season boys/girls

Chief_Osceola™

Patrick Greene, formerly of Maumelle, now at Mills, will put up numbers.  We're gonna miss his scoring, as he was the only returning starter from last year's team.  Maumelle will be really young this year, and will take a step back from what we've seen the last 3 years.

old.dole

Qwaishawn Thompson of Camden Fairview will be one to watch. Was doing really well last year before an injury. I want to say he was averaging 20 plus through the first 6 games of the season

BirdCall

Madison Peaster a freshmen at Mills will be a top 5 player in he 5A this year I heard he is somewhat in the mold of Malik Monk with athletic ability and that's a scary site to see. I feel as if CJ White from Parkview will be the best player in 5A this year though. Honesty Parkview has  about 4 players on their team alone that could be the best player in 5A this year now that I think about it in Rod Terry, CJ, Henderson, Al Flannigan but not sold on him yet, then there other one Caleb Stokes out with a season ending injury could have been in this discussion as well.   

Neckred

Dang what happened to Caleb Stokes?

Marblehog

To me the best players in the 5a are three guards

Vanzant from Farmington, Guinn from Hot Springs, and the guard from Nettleton, Mayberry from Watson Chapel

BirdCall

Quote from: Neckred on October 16, 2017, 09:38:25 am
Dang what happened to Caleb Stokes?
Stokes tore either his ACL or his achilles. I can't rememer but will be out for the year and I think he is reclassifying and playing for Southwest Christian Academy in Little Rock next year.

BirdCall

Quote from: Marblehog on October 16, 2017, 09:41:44 am
To me the best players in the 5a are three guards

Vanzant from Farmington, Guinn from Hot Springs, and the guard from Nettleton, Mayberry from Watson Chapel
Is this girls top 5a players?

Marblehog

Yea haven't seen all the teams though

Marblehog

Quote from: BirdCall on October 16, 2017, 12:26:01 pm
Stokes tore either his ACL or his achilles. I can't rememer but will be out for the year and I think he is reclassifying and playing for Southwest Christian Academy in Little Rock next year.
How is this possible?  Wasn't he a senior this year??  He would have a heck of a future in football

BirdCall

Quote from: Marblehog on October 16, 2017, 12:48:02 pm
How is this possible?  Wasn't he a senior this year??  He would have a heck of a future in football
I'm not sure how that works he might be young so instead of graduating early he will graduate on time with the 2019 class next year is all I can think of.You can do what you want at a prep school lol. but he belongs on a basketball court I can tell you that.

Rudehog

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 04, 2017, 11:43:55 am
Patrick Greene, formerly of Maumelle, now at Mills, will put up numbers.  We're gonna miss his scoring, as he was the only returning starter from last year's team.  Maumelle will be really young this year, and will take a step back from what we've seen the last 3 years.

Why leave when you're team is obviously counting on you to be the leader?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Rudehog on October 16, 2017, 07:54:23 pm
Why leave when you're team is obviously counting on you to be the leader?

No idea. I was disappointed when I heard.

Coachbanks12

Quote from: BirdCall on October 16, 2017, 12:26:52 pm
Is this girls top 5a players?
Reagan Bradley @ little rock Christian is really good also

K9

Patrick Greene is one to watch for at Mills along with Grehlon Easter

redsport27

Quote from: K9 on October 29, 2017, 10:32:34 pm
Patrick Greene is one to watch for at Mills along with Grehlon Easter
I agree with Grehlon. He put on a show last year.

Rayburn

Quote from: Coachbanks12 on October 18, 2017, 11:37:24 am
Reagan Bradley @ little rock Christian is really good also
Any idea why Bradley didn't play against Cabot on Tuesday?

dragon67

Runnin With The Pack

November 12, 2017, 01:34:01 pm #18 Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:08:49 pm by Runnin With The Pack
Reed Graddy @ Valley View...6-8 SR Post/Forward...avg'd approximately 15 ppg/9rpg/4 blocks pg last season.  Needs to work on upper body strength but has nice touch around the basket and good hops.  Should be considered a solid D2 prospect.

woopork

November 21, 2017, 02:37:46 pm #19 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:39:55 pm by woopork
I loved watching the Easter kid play at the state tournament. I would imagine he is going to be one of the best.
Surprised Hill wasn't brought up yet. I'm not completely sold on him as a great D-1 Basketballer, but the kid is fun to watch.

If Parkview has 3-4 players who could all be in the discussion for Top Players then he should win a state championship easily shouldn't he?

Did both of the Hot Springs kids graduate? I enjoyed watching them. Especially the dude that got hammered on by Hall and got up smiling. You could tell he enjoyed playing the game and was good at what he did.

Coachbanks12

Yes they both graduated from Hot Springs

BirdCall

Quote from: woopork on November 21, 2017, 02:37:46 pm
I loved watching the Easter kid play at the state tournament. I would imagine he is going to be one of the best.
Surprised Hill wasn't brought up yet. I'm not completely sold on him as a great D-1 Basketballer, but the kid is fun to watch.

If Parkview has 3-4 players who could all be in the discussion for Top Players then he should win a state championship easily shouldn't he?

Did both of the Hot Springs kids graduate? I enjoyed watching them. Especially the dude that got hammered on by Hall and got up smiling. You could tell he enjoyed playing the game and was good at what he did.
Parkview will win state for sure this year and could win this year in any classification you name.

Bbal789

November 21, 2017, 11:51:25 pm #22 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 01:32:34 pm by Bbal789
1. Ethan Henderson-Little Rock Parkview
2. Justice Hill-Little Rock Christian
3. Grehlon Easter- Little Rock Mills
4. C.J. White- Little Rock Parkview
5. Allen Flanigan- Little Rock Parkview
6. Jay Campbell- Nettleton
7. Kalin Bennet-Little Rock Christian
8. Patrick Greene- Little Rock Mills
9. Rod Terry-Little Rock Parkview
10. Kevin Cross-Little Rock Mills
11. Airion Simmons-Little Rock Parkview
12. Kevin Fulton-Nettleton
13. Deaveon Bankston-Little Rock Fair
14. Madison Peaster-Little Rock Mills
15. Tra Johnson-Pulaski Academy
16. Branton Mccrary-Little Rock Mills
17. Willie Chapple-Little Rock Christian
18. Quashun Thompson-Camden Fairview
19. Orion Virden-Little Rock Mills
20. Willie Vaughn-Wynne

BirdCall

Quote from: Bbal789 on November 21, 2017, 11:51:25 pm
1. Ethan Henderson-Parkview
2. Justice Hill-Little Rock Christian
3. Grehlon Easter- Little Rock Mills
4. C.J. White- Parkview
5. Allen Flanigan- Parkview
6. Jay Campbell- Nettleton
7. Kalin Bennet-Little Rock Christian
8. Patrick Greene- Little Rock Mills
9. Airion Simmons- Parkview
10. Quashun Thompson-Camden Fairview
#1 CJ White
#2 Ethan Henderson
#3 Grehlon Easter
#4 Justice Hill
#5 Rod Terry- Parkview
#6 Kevin Fulton- Nettleton
#7 Allen Flanigan
#8 Patrick Greene
#9 Jay Campbell
#10 Airion  Simmons

cannon

Quote from: Runnin With The Pack on November 12, 2017, 01:34:01 pm
Reed Graddy @ Valley View...6-8 SR Post/Forward...avg'd approximately 15 ppg/9rpg/4 blocks pg last season.  Needs to work on upper body strength but has nice touch around the basket and good hops.  Should be considered a solid D2 prospect.

From what I understand, he may be D-1 talent . . . just not in basketball. I've heard he's a pretty serious contender on the school swim team.

K9

I keep hearing everyone talk about how Parkview is going to easily take the 5a but they couldn't beat Mills in the Battle on Barrow Road tournament this past Thanksgiving weekend. Patrick Greene, Grehlon Easter, Kevin Cross, are three guys you definitely don't want to sleep on.

BirdCall

PV gone shake back and will be raising that 5A state championship when it's all said and done. Mills played great but Henderson was the only bright spot for PV yesterday. I am sure when they meet again in state the rest of PV will show up ready to play.

woopork

K9

I watched some great basketball this weekend and I am wondering, does anybody know which schools are looking at the following players? I'm surprised they haven't already signed with colleges.

Kevin Cross ............Mills
Patrick Greene.........Mills
CJ White..................Parkview
Willie Chapel............LR Christian
Treylon Payne..........Episcopal

LeftyWorld

All of Patrick Greenes mail may still be going to Maumelle High School  ???

K9

And for the 3rd consecutive time
LR MIlls convincingly beats Parkview 95-72 in the Jammin for Jackets tournament.....

Bbal789

Grehlon Easter had 29 points, Kevin Cross had 17 points, Branton Mccrary had 15 points

NEA Razorback olfan

I watched Batesville vs Riverside , was impressed with #24 Taylor Griffin , 36pts in loss to Riverside 70-77

Sports24/7

Top girls in the state? What is everyone got?

1995fan

Kevin Fulton from Nettleton should definitely be in this conversation.

Bbal789

Nettleton beats Jonesboro 53-51.

Warrior33

Hill is playing at a really high level for LRCA through first 3 games of conference. The big UALR kid is getting Boards and they got a another kid shooting the lights out.

Bbal789

Quote from: Warrior33 on January 11, 2018, 05:28:37 pm
Hill is playing at a really high level for LRCA through first 3 games of conference. The big UALR kid is getting Boards and they got a another kid shooting the lights out.

Will Strickland is the shooter and he is playing amazing lately

Bbal789

Will Strickland hit 11 threes one game during Christmas break

Bbal789

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 11, 2018, 08:12:54 pm

Yeah I seem to remember reading this somewhere before. :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas