• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you water your players like this ?

Started by Lions84, August 07, 2006, 09:30:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

panther_pride

waltflanagansdog

There are a lot of schools that use those.  They call them water cows, I think.

panther_pride

Arkansas has them and calls them the Hog Trough, or did when I was there.

transplant

Nashville has a waterboy assigned to each player, the waterboy always has a fresh cool drink ready for his player.  He also keeps track of the fluid intake for "his" player to assure that he does not become dehydrated.

n0toriousnrg

mansfield has one of those.  water from a pvc pipe is ironically cold and refreshing during 2 adays..

RisonRacingFan

I like to water my players like Major Pain did in his movie...bury them about neck high..then get a waterhose and water till they sprout!! :D

chilly gilly

Lions84

Quote from: Rison Tradition on August 09, 2006, 04:46:50 pm
I like to water my players like Major Pain did in his movie...bury them about neck high..then get a waterhose and water till they sprout!! :D

RT's hero at work

RisonRacingFan

Quote from: Lions84 on August 14, 2006, 12:11:00 pm
Quote from: Rison Tradition on August 09, 2006, 04:46:50 pm

RT's hero at work

:D

ColtCenter69

Is the nasty pvc pipe with water coming out of like 8 holes in it new?  I thought thats how all teams drank during 2a days but I did play at Rivercrest I guess were just ghetto.........we called it a trough too

panther_pride

I'm pretty sure they've been around for about 60 years.

Lions84

Quote from: pantherfan56 on August 23, 2006, 11:13:47 pm
I'm pretty sure they've been around for about 60 years.
I don't know I never saw them till I moved Little Rock and was working at John G McCellan High School. (1989-90)

boatboy

oh i guess we are just wierd then becuase at mountain pine we are on the field practicing and coach blows his whistle and sais " break" and we all jog off the field to his truck and in the back of his truck is two big water coolers with ice and water in it and we get our paper cups that were donated to us by mcdonalds and stand in a line and fill our cups up and go drink..............then if you really want to be refreshed we have this watercooler with ice,water and towels in it and one of our asst. coaches is in charge of that, we will bend over and he will put the freezing cold towel on our head and rub our face with the ends of the towel, then he takes it off us and we are completely refreshed

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas