• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Resources

Started by ColtCenter69, July 22, 2006, 03:43:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ColtCenter69

anyone know any good sites or books for a coach just starting out.....
I wanna check what I know against other sorces so I dont steer my boys wrong.
I think Im gonna start helping the O line  on a pee wee team.

CoachJ

This topic is on the wrong board.  It should be in coaches corner. 

The Coaching Football Bible is a really good resource.  Go to amazon.com and search coaching football and you will get many different sources.

Gram Parsons Ghost

Online?

www.letstalkdefense.com
www.megaclinic.com

Books?  Go to half.com and do a search, you'll find anything there.

CoachJ

Quote from: Gram Parsons Ghost on July 22, 2006, 03:51:51 pm
Online?

www.letstalkdefense.com
www.megaclinic.com

Books?  Go to half.com and do a search, you'll find anything there.

Gram, if you have used both amazon and half, on average which is cheaper?  As far as used books go?

Gram Parsons Ghost

Half.com is affiliated with ebay somehow.  I have NEVER had a problem with half.com.  I have been able to find books there better than on amazon.  I have probably purchased somewhere in the vacinity of 2 dozen from half.com and they have all been of great quality.  Shipping is pretty cheap too.  They are all shipped by media mail.

Hope this helps.

CoachJ

Quote from: Gram Parsons Ghost on July 22, 2006, 03:58:35 pm
Half.com is affiliated with ebay somehow.  I have NEVER had a problem with half.com.  I have been able to find books there better than on amazon.  I have probably purchased somewhere in the vacinity of 2 dozen from half.com and they have all been of great quality.  Shipping is pretty cheap too.  They are all shipped by media mail.

Hope this helps.

I have ordered about the same from amazon and haven't had a problem.  I will try half out.  Thanks

Gram Parsons Ghost

I screwed up with the last book I bought.  I picked it up on amazon, thinking that was the only place it was.  Turns out it was about $10 cheaper at half.com.

CoachJ

Quote from: Gram Parsons Ghost on July 22, 2006, 04:10:30 pm
I screwed up with the last book I bought.  I picked it up on amazon, thinking that was the only place it was.  Turns out it was about $10 cheaper at half.com.

That sucks.  I usually get all of my college textbooks off of amazon.  My classmate bought his at the campus bookstore and it cost him $275 for 5 books and I got all the same ones, used for $125.  I has saved me a lot of money.  I have a friend that uses half.com and he really likes them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas