• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good Schools In South Arkansas To Attend

Started by RisonRacingFan, July 06, 2006, 05:52:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RisonRacingFan

As some of you know I have decided to attend college since being discharged from the Army in attempt to become a H.S. football coach.I am already attending practice and other activitys under Coach Totty at Rison and he has been a great help and I know he will continue to be.Im learning from one of the best and Im thankful for that.What I am wondering about is what are some good colleges in South Arkansas to look at.In my area I have UAPB and UA Monticello.Has anyone attended either one of the schools,and if so,how are they?Can anyone else suggest any schools as well?

Thanks

CoachJ

Quote from: Rison Tradition on July 06, 2006, 05:52:48 pm
As some of you know I have decided to attend college since being discharged from the Army in attempt to become a H.S. football coach.I am already attending practice and other activitys under Coach Totty at Rison and he has been a great help and I know he will continue to be.Im learning from one of the best and Im thankful for that.What I am wondering about is what are some good colleges in South Arkansas to look at.In my area I have UAPB and UA Monticello.Has anyone attended either one of the schools,and if so,how are they?Can anyone else suggest any schools as well?

Thanks

Last I heard, UAPB is not an accredited institution, so I would stay away from that.

RisonRacingFan

Quote from: CoachJ on July 06, 2006, 06:12:33 pm
Quote from: Rison Tradition on July 06, 2006, 05:52:48 pm

Thanks

Last I heard, UAPB is not an accredited institution, so I would stay away from that.

Thanks for that information.I was not aware of that.

Prof W.W. Wormwood

Coach J, you got jokes!  UAPB is accredited and the campus is more diverse today then ever.  In the past, whites in the area went to UAM, SAU, UCA, and Henderson St., now they realize that they can get the same or better education at UAPB and remain at home.  By the way, what college did you attend or better yet, graduate from.

CoachJ

Quote from: Air_Show on July 08, 2006, 10:24:46 pm
Coach J, you got jokes!  UAPB is accredited and the campus is more diverse today then ever.  In the past, whites in the area went to UAM, SAU, UCA, and Henderson St., now they realize that they can get the same or better education at UAPB and remain at home.  By the way, what college did you attend or better yet, graduate from.

I stand corrected.  How long has UAPB been accredited?  I was looking at the school when I came out of high school.  My counselor told me it wasn't an accredited institution and a degree from there would be like a second high school diploma.  I am currently a senior at ASU and I will graduate in the upcoming year.  I was not making jokes about UAPB, I was misinformed. 

n0toriousnrg

IMO all the GOOD schools are in northern arkansas.

ea cat

I'm an UAPB Graduate. They have an excellent Physical Education Department. The Education department had many Caucasian students at that time I attended. The Aquaculture Department is one of the top fishery schools in the country. They are Accredited. A plus is that it also less expensive to attend UAPB.

Lions84

My roommate at UALR finished up at UAM to get his Forestery degree back in 1990. He loved it . But he was from Monticello.  I like what I was when I used to go down on the weekends at UAM.  Use the Internet as much as you can to save gas.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas