• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need D-1 players that did not qualify

Started by ocdcjbl, April 19, 2006, 03:02:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ocdcjbl

Coaches,
My name is John B. Launius, the new OC at Dodge City CC in Dodge City Kansas.  I have been a head football coach in Arkansas and Texas and would like to recruit my old stomping grounds.  Currently we are looking for DB'S AND AN ATHLETIC QUARTERBACK.
We are in the Jayhawk conference and play outstanding competition.  We have players from: Florida, New Jersey, Alabama, Louisiana and Kansas. 
Feel free to call me, email, put info on fearless for send tape to Dodge City CC.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Respectfully,
John B. Launius
832-414-4508
Dodge City CC

Uncle Ivan

ocdcjbl

Yes sir...former Arkadelphia coach...don't hold that against me though!!  Just find me some players!!  take care.

Sack

Thanks for not forgetting south Arkansas!  That's neat.  We have a lot of good players who don't get a chance to move on to college ball.  Smart coaches like you can change some of that.  None of the colleges in this part of the state recruit from around here which makes absolutely no sense to me.  You could make some real finds. 

ocdcjbl

Not everyone can score high on those dang ACT/SAT tests.  And with no junior college football playing schools in Arkansas, I KNOW there are players looking for a chance to go to college and continue playing ball.  We are limiited on scholarships for out of state kids...BUT...if you can play..we'll work it out.  We also have a great red shirt program that helps those that aren't quite ready but will be quality future players.  Like I said before...if you have kid that can play...email me...call me...or send tape to Dodge City CC.
As for not forgetting about south arkansas....a day doesn't go by that I don't think about winning a state championship at Arkadelphia ('87), playing ball at SAU or remembering where I came from.

Sack

April 20, 2006, 10:35:02 am #5 Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 11:41:31 am by Sack
I'm proud of you.  SAU, OBU, HSU, etc. does no recruiting in south Arkansas, full qualifiers, partial qualifiers, or non-qualifiers .  It's as if they have no clue and aren't interested in what's going on in high school ball around here.  If you contact some of the high school coaches in El Do, Camden, Texarkana, Pine Bluff, Benton, Magnolia, Arkadelphia, and others around, you'll get you some quality players.  Best of luck to you.  Hope you start a dynasty!

Pirateplaya

Cool to see an ex Coach coming back to help out the state, although also helping himself i still respect it

Bobcat_Pride

Take a look at North Arkansas too, I never got the chance to go play, well i guess i could walk on next year, but either way, those mountain boys can be pretty salty.

R. A.™

Quote from: Sack on April 20, 2006, 10:35:02 am
I'm proud of you.  SAU, OBU, HSU, etc. does no recruiting in south Arkansas, full qualifiers, partial qualifiers, or non-qualifiers .  It's as if they have no clue and aren't interested in what's going on in high school ball around here.  If you contact some of the high school coaches in El Do, Camden, Texarkana, Pine Bluff, Benton, Magnolia, Arkadelphia, and others around, you'll get you some quality players.  Best of luck to you.  Hope you start a dynasty!

According to the 2005 HSU Roster there was a dozen or more from South Arkansas on the roster from Nashville, Dierks, Ashdown, White Hall. 2005 Southern Arkansas had 5 on its roster, and OBU had 12 players from South Arkansas on its Roster. So I would say that they do recruit South Arkansas.

I will say that there is not near the talent or recruits in Southern Arkansas as there was 10 years ago.

arreferee

Quote from: CaddoReddie on July 05, 2006, 04:24:57 pm
http://www.hootens.com/news/statefarmawards.htm

Those are a little out of date.  If those kids aren't playing anywhere this year, there's probably a good reason.

BIGBLUE

Jimmy Hevener of Trumann All State FB/Athlete

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas