• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach's..Who is the 1 single coach you would not want to face

Started by RisonWildcat4, March 16, 2006, 09:15:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RisonWildcat4

In Arkansas...in a Championship game?All classifications apply here.

Just thought this would make for intresting conversation.Thanks

Lions84

Coach Kelley, PA

There are several obviously that I would not want to face.   I am opening myself up to some potential coaches getting upset for failing to mention them but I'll play along and only talk about coaches I have faced since they are the ones that I have seen prepare for us.

That rules out a lot of great coaches but I think that is the most fair way.

The following coaches have beaten us while I have been the coach at PA.  Coach Malzahn at Springdale, Coach Perry from CAC(twice), Coach Tice from Harrison, Coach Hill from Morillton (now Van Buren), Coach Shelton from Dollarway, Coach Dawson from Nashville, and Coach Hembree from Warren have all beaten us and all have prepared differently for us on offense and defense, partly based on philosophy and partly based on athletic potential of their players.

Coach Perry knows us better than anyone as he plays us every year so I think he and his staff are the most difficult for us to face.  I think he gets the most out of his team because of their lack of overall team speed.  Coach Dawson had a good game plan for his personnel that obviously worked on both sides of the ball.  Coach Hembree will try anything, has his guys really jacked up, and spreads you out and uses his players in space well and that is always scary.  Coach Shelton is very good at making halftime adjustments and I have seen excellent changes in things against his squad in the second half.  Coach Hill from Morrilton had a fantastic game plan for us offensively but the team just made a lot of mistakes.  Coach Tice has teams that are very solid fundamentally so you can't count on them making mistakes.  Let's just say, I am glad Malzahn is with Arkansas now.

That was diplomatic enough but true about those coaches in my immediate thoughts.  The one that is the toughest for me right now is Coach Perry from CAC though.  Not only does he know us well, but he comes up with a game plan that will be successful if executed and then gets his guys to execute it.  I might change my mind after this next season, but for my first few, he is the most difficult.

Hope that answer works for you.

Coach Kelley, PA

I saw that one as well and I thought Coach Totty, his staff, and team brought some of that luck on themselves.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas