• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Landon Leach Returning To U of A Football

Started by boogie, February 02, 2006, 12:30:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

boogie

I keep hearing Landon Leach is under going to have surgery soon & will be returning to the U of A Football Team.  Does anyone have any info?

SandLizard04

Sweet, I sure hope so. I'll try to find something out.

Murphy, you got anything?

rebelman11

OOO dear what does that mean for mitch......scary situation.....guy who was hurt, or the two healthy guys, thats a hard one.

WarriorPride08

Sorry for asking but who is Landon Leach.  Im guessing a QB that got recruited and got hurt in preaseason..??

SandLizard04

February 05, 2006, 11:22:49 pm #4 Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 11:33:54 pm by SandLizard04
Quote from: WarriorPride08 on February 05, 2006, 10:52:43 pm
Sorry for asking but who is Landon Leach.  Im guessing a QB that got recruited and got hurt in preaseason..??
Landon Leach is a 2003 graduate of Russellville High School who had all of the state's AAAAA passing records until Mitchell Mustain broke them this season. 6'2", 187 pounds, 4.73. He signed with the Razorbacks out of high school three years ago (same class as Robert Johnson) but has had three shoulder surgeries. He would've been the starting QB this year most likely, but his career was cut short due to those injuries. He was also an All-America baseball player in high school and had committed to play baseball for UA too, before getting hurt.

Leach was the Arkansas sophomore player of the year in both football and baseball. He was the Class 5A West offensive player of the year as a junior and senior, and earned all-conference all three years. He was also the Landers Award winner back in 2002. As a junior, he led Russellville to a 10-2 record passing for 3,239 yards and 27 touchdowns. As a senior, he 273 of 465 passing for 3,765 yards and 30 touchdowns, and also rushed for 12 touchdowns. He also took the Cyclones to an 8-5 record and the AAAAA Semifinals, where they lost to Springdale. Was Class AAAAA's all-time leading passer until this year, with 9,062 career yards. He was recruited by Arkansas, Alabama, Iowa, Memphis, Tulsa, and Central Florida.

Here is his hogwired.com profile, with a lot more information. And here is a good video of him.

Pointerdad

I saw him catch several baseball games in the Squeaky Smith Legion Tourney here in Van Buren one year.  I clocked him with a 1.78 Pop Time to second base.  In the championship game, he caught 9 innings, the game went into extra innings, and he pitched the next nine innings in an 18 inning game to get the win.  Kids got heart.  Was very sorry to hear that his career got shortened, both in football and baseball.

SouthpawSensation

Getting to see this guy perform on several occasions, I hope you're right. The display Landon put together in the all-star football game was just amazing, and it hurt me to see his college career end before it was ever started. But if he could play either football or baseball, I wish him the best.

MattBurdickRocks

Landon Leach is one of the best athletes that i have ever met. Good luck to him!

Uncle Ivan

GeorgeWBush

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 22, 2006, 11:43:30 am
I called this one over a week ago.

I heard that LL wants to get into coaching.  If he does indeed want to coach why wouldn't you want to learn from Malzahn and Wood.  I think he is still on scholarship so why not put on the pads for the scout team once again.  Good luck Landon, you are a fine young man.

SandLizard04

Lions84

God Bless and good Luck to Landon. He needs some.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas