• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hardest Hitters you have ever seen

Started by The Juiceman, October 28, 2005, 03:33:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Juiceman

I am not talking about people who appear to hit hard.  I want to know people who you have personally seen knock players out.  Not just out on a freak play with a broken bone, bc that can be atributed to lots of things.  I want to know people who you have seen lay the wood time and time again and leave kids laying in the dirt unconscious or unable to make it back to the huddle.  Not some overgrown LB who knocks small kids down and backwrads.  That isnt a hitter. 
Usually safeties are the kind of kids who nail people like this.

94 Hornet

Chris Garcia of Camden HG was a linebacker in the late 80's.  There was a stretch of 3 games that he had paralyzed a kid, broke anothers arm, and knocked another unconscious, and separated a shoulder.  Not sure all of the other schools involved but he could flat out bring the hat.  Ended up going to Henderson for a year or two.

Kitten 8th Grader

Dee Hendrix from EPC knocked Colt Rainwater from Charleston out twice. the first time, Colt got the ball to the outside and Hendrix laid him on his back when he tried to cut upfield and put the ball on the ground. The second time looked like a mirror image of the first time except he didn't put the ball on the ground. Hendrix made a great catch on the other side of the ball but it got called back.

kijex13

The Juiceman

I have to say once again, things like broken bones, are usually freak accidents, and the paralization of someone is very very tragic, freakishly rare, and doesnt have much to do with hitting hard, it simply is an extremely unlucky situation due to a bad contortion of the body during a hit.  I wanted to know about people who were knocking people out quite often...knocking 2 people out, isnt often.  I know kids who did it multiple times every game.  Big time hits, timed perfectly and having kids not getting back up.  But broken bone dont count.  Maybe a shoulder injury, But Most of the time your tear your own shoulder bc you hit someone hard not because someone else hit your..

Lions84

I earned 6 skulls and crossbones at Clarendon back in 1982-3 for KO ing  people on Kickoffs.

Joe Pupsta Clarendon MLB Ko' ed several in the early 80's.   

The Juiceman

Wedge busters have a good shot at it on Kickoffs, but they also tend to get knocked out quite a bit.  Not a fun job.

MassiveHornet

Michael Dugan of the 95 Hackett Hornets. He knocked people out on a regular basis. Had to have the paramedics take guys off the field more than once. Ola comes to mind.

b-ready32

I know some hard hitters that LB,the DTs, and the d ends for episcopal are some hard hitters if u watch them on Friday night those runningbacks and QB be scared to run the ball after the 1st quarter they just are some true head hunters

thunder_bird#10

All of cross countys defense of players but mostly micheal bunch, david wheeler & kendole boykin

delerium

matt taylor from the '04 springdale team. he plays for arkansas central now. go to the 2004 archives of springdales football site and get his recruiting video. he lays a bone shattering hit just about every play.

mattp_68

phillip bickerstaff marked tree...dee hendrix epc....kendole boykin cross county

JvilleDevils

LB Clinton McDonald for Jacksonville, currently plays for the University of Memphis.

The critic

Ronald Robinson from Malvern back in the mid 90's.  Actually seen players dive to the ground when they saw him coming.  He was dangerous.

Keith Traylor from Malvern too.  Plays D-line for dolphins now.  Won 2 super bowls with broncos and 1 with patroits.  Played linebacker in high school and ran 4.5 forty.  Hit very very hard.  ask any opponent.  I still have a nightmare of him hitting me one night

Warriordude

Defineitly Dee Hendrix from EPC. He has made some good pops over the last 2 yrs and still has another one to go after this one.

#1 STUNNA

JC PIMP

RocketDad

For a "little guy" (5' 7" , 160 lbs) Catholic's Ryan Bettis sure hits hard. Total disregard for his own body.

tightendman#89

Chad Burnette for harrisburg can hit hard ive seen him lay players out

CamdenFairviewAlumni

Haha, I saw 1 person get knocked out in my 3 years of high school ball.  Our senior year, our punter layed out El Dorado's starting middle linebacker.

busterdouglas

i remember seeing J.J. Jones play at Magnolia a couple of times and he just crushed people.

texashog

Back in the mid 80's I got hit by a boy(Man) from Mtn. Pine  He hurt me bad...Played 5 technique in thier 5-2.  Wore # 75 it was the 1985-1986 season.  He almost killed me don't know his name, but he was big and bad!

SandLizard04

FD4

Seen some good ones and have seen a lot of those mentioned, but fellas some of the guys y'all have mentioned, Jerry Eckwood would have eaten for lunch.  Now I know most of you have never heard of Eckwood except on some of the boards, but I am telling you, and I have followed AAAA back when it was AAA and never missed a McCrory vs Augusta in my life, and when I say Eckwood was a destroyer on defense, believe it.  As for knocking people out, I know two individuals that did not start the next game after Eckwood took em out, and that was back in 74 and one of em just now got out of the hospital.  Not really but you get it.  This one guy, a Griffon Golleher or something like that from Carlisle was pretty tough too.  Don't know many from down south way.

SandLizard04

Quote from: FD4 on November 23, 2005, 02:19:10 am
This one guy, a Griffon Golleher or something like that from Carlisle was pretty tough too.  Don't know many from down south way.
That dude was a beast. I saw him play in Hector a couple of years ago when he scored the game's only touchdown on a long run.

SMC was there also, and (I believe this is correct, correct me if I'm wrong Ryan) he told his cousin "Man, that guy is HUGE for an AA lineman!" and his cousin said "Uh, he's their fullback."

justkiddin

devilman08

Mississippi_DE

how exactly do i get to that archived video? ive been wandering around the site adn cant seemt o find it

#1 STUNNA

john william durmon was the hardest htting player i have seen, he knocked michael green from monticello out cold, he also took his helmet with me one of the hardest hits i have ever seen, and one i dont want to feel, he is now playing linebacker for the wonder boys

the football dr.

Kenny Payne from Junction City.  The hardest high school hitter I've ever seen.

wildcats22

I think that the hardest hitter ever is Jason Jackson for the Episcopal Wildcats he is number 22 and has allready injured to people  :)

#1 STUNNA

he couldnt hold john william durmons jock strap nobody can

Mississippi_DE

toejammer

Darren McFadden- OG ####  Anthony Cooney- Mills #### Milton Fields- Central #### Tony Tademy- Jacksonville ####

charleston_kitten

toejammer

Didn't you see McFadden knock that LSU dude who intercepted that last pass into the cheap seats.  He is an Atwater clone.  One of the most vicious hitters I've seen in 22 years of coaching high school football!!!

OLDBEAR

Stacy Price, linebacker from Texarkana.  Great speed.  Took my head off when I was a sophomore.  Played at A-state.

bdog fr. #77

bryson fair he was an amazing player he hits so hard he has total disregard for his body that kid is amazing

memphisguy

I'm going old school on this one. Three time All-State linebacker William Franklin of West Memphis, 79 graduate. Yep, he was All-State as a sophomore. Started all four years at UCA and won honors there.  One of the best high school players I have ever seen.

Lions84

Quote from: The Juiceman on October 31, 2005, 11:16:09 am
Wedge busters have a good shot at it on Kickoffs, but they also tend to get knocked out quite a bit. Not a fun job.

That was me I was a WedgeBuster Supreme ;D  Grandpa taught me had to lay it on them while protecting myself.

TopCat

Quote from: RocketDad on November 14, 2005, 01:10:58 pm
For a "little guy" (5' 7" , 160 lbs) Catholic's Ryan Bettis sure hits hard. Total disregard for his own body.

Brad Ryles from Booneville was would of the hardest hitters I've seen. Him and Bettis are mirror images of each other.

SouthpawSensation

Johnathon Cathey from Atkins has been known to put in some good licks for the past three seasons and will play in the All-Star game.

division 1

Have yall heard of Calvin Jeffers in 1999 conway high

JacksonvilleGolfa

Anthony "Pacman" Cousette from Jacksonville

JvilleDevils

Clinton McDonald from Jacksonville.....Roy Williams Dallas Cowboys.

Hoggy Mo Pena

100% Bulldog

Well....this wasn't exactly a "Freak" accident, but it was very sudden. I've seen two NICE hits from our boys on the field. Once in the Seventh Grade. Our DE hit some guy on the sideline as he was running with the ball. And our boy just knocked that guy right into the Gatorade coolers on our sideline. He must have flown 5 yards before hitting them. He was knocked unconscious from that little incident. And as he came around, we asked if he had been knocked out from the collision or hitting the coolers. His reply was, "What coolers?"

It happened again in the Ninth Grade as we were playing Alma in the "River Valley Conference" championship game. One of our safety's lit one of there receivers up. I mean we ain't talking about a nice hit that makes ur head spin. I mean I'm talking about breath taking, stop, drop everything ur doing and jaw drops....DANG. I mean I was 50 yards on the other side of the field and I STILL heard the collision, and the crowd just went like "ooohhhh" and it was like time just stood still. He planted his shoulder square underneath his helmet and just BAM!! I've never seen anybody hit the ground so dang fast. lol

Those are my experiences with big hits.

OLDBEAR

Quote from: memphisguy on January 06, 2006, 07:56:54 am
I'm going old school on this one. Three time All-State linebacker William Franklin of West Memphis, 79 graduate. Yep, he was All-State as a sophomore. Started all four years at UCA and won honors there. One of the best high school players I have ever seen.

Not sure how much I appreciate the "old school" comment.  I played with William.  He was one of the toughest people I have ever seen.  His senior year at UCA, he tore the bicep muscle away from the insertion before the last playoff game.  It was ugly.  Looked like his bicep was fully contracted while his arm was extended.  He taped it up and played the next week.  Another linebacker from UCA in the same mold was a guy from Malvern named Joe Hogan who left a quarterback in the hospital in Conway for a week after one of the UCA playoff games.  This was the year after Franklin graduated.  Amazing hitters both.

colts

Quote from: delerium on November 06, 2005, 08:33:27 pm
matt taylor from the '04 springdale team. he plays for arkansas central now. go to the 2004 archives of springdales football site and get his recruiting video. he lays a bone shattering hit just about every play.
I would like to see these vidoes if someone can give me some help on where to find them.

TDtheclutch

Quote from: thunder_bird#10 on November 01, 2005, 09:19:58 pm
All of cross countys defense of players but mostly micheal bunch, david wheeler & kendole boykin
anyway , this is a serious thread were not talking about decent hitters , we are talking about HEAD BUSTAS!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas