• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next season's top 5 prediction for each conference

Started by jbtiger73, December 18, 2014, 11:59:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbtiger73

Definitely one of these off season threads here. but based on who's graduating, rumored transfers, and returning players, who do you think will earn the top five playoff seeds from each conference. and if you can, next to the team name, what strengths and weaknesses of the teams will possibly be.

playmaker04

December 18, 2014, 12:59:55 pm #1 Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:07:26 pm by playmaker04
3-2A
1 Earle
2 Cross Co strengths: running backs,receivers and linebackers,large senior class.weaknesses: must replace qb,and several on both lines,small freshman class moving up.
3 EPC
4 Walnut Ridge
5 Marked Tree

Hornet4ever

4-2A

1. Hector
2. Hackett
3. Burg
4. Union Christian
5. WYC

Hector and Hackett will be two levels above rest of conference and Hector will be another level above Hackett. Lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 18, 2014, 07:40:34 pm
4-2A

1. Hector
2. Hackett
3. Burg
4. Union Christian
5. WYC

Hector and Hackett will be two levels above rest of conference and Hector will be another level above Hackett. Lol

Hector may not be as good next year...Gotta find a new Back and replace half of both lines...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on December 18, 2014, 07:49:45 pm
4-2A

1. Hector
2. Hackett
3. Burg
4. Union Christian
5. WYC

Hector may not be as good next year...Gotta find a new Back and replace half of both lines...

Hackett finally has a quarterback who can run and throw it. Finally... Really excited with next year. Rumors are Coach Hester is wanting to implement a spread offense. QB is a move in from Greenwood, hope we can set the tone.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 18, 2014, 08:14:08 pm
4-2A

1. Hector
2. Hackett
3. Burg
4. Union Christian
5. WYC

Hackett finally has a quarterback who can run and throw it. Finally... Really excited with next year. Rumors are Coach Hester is wanting to implement a spread offense. QB is a move in from Greenwood, hope we can set the tone.

Recruit! :D

We'll have Gaines back(3 year starting Junior next season), and Ferguson. Had a Sophmore Power Guy in the backfield against Rison that got some carries...I have faith that the conference title will still go through the Wildcats. Just hope we fix what ever was wrong with our defense this year

Pick_DA_EAGLES

The 6.

1-3, Hazen, Brinkley, Mccrory

4-5, des arc, clarendon Carlisle

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 18, 2014, 08:17:07 pm
The 6.

Drop off because of coaching change? Or talent just not going to be there next year?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on December 18, 2014, 08:21:28 pm
The 6.

Drop off because of coaching change? Or talent just not going to be there next year?

I don't know of a coaching change. The top 3 will be good, not sure who we will have a qb. We could get in top 3.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 18, 2014, 08:24:49 pm
The 6.

I don't know of a coaching change. The top 3 will be good, not sure who we will have a qb. We could get in top 3.

JohnBarleyCorn has listed Prescott as the New Coach at Bauxite. http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=139133.msg3112025#new

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on December 18, 2014, 08:25:45 pm
The 6.

JohnBarleyCorn has listed Prescott as the New Coach at Bauxite.

Haven't heard that. Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 18, 2014, 08:27:23 pm
The 6.

Money is probably the upgrade...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on December 18, 2014, 08:46:29 pm
The 6.

It would have to be a lot, bauxite has won 9 games in 5 years.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on December 18, 2014, 08:16:20 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 18, 2014, 08:14:08 pm
4-2A

1. Hector
2. Hackett
3. Burg
4. Union Christian
5. WYC

Recruit! :D

We'll have Gaines back(3 year starting Junior next season), and Ferguson. Had a Sophmore Power Guy in the backfield against Rison that got some carries...I have faith that the conference title will still go through the Wildcats. Just hope we fix what ever was wrong with our defense this year
I guess you could call it a recruit. In all honestly kids who come from Greenwood are usually good athletes who just don't get noticed over there. Doesn't bother us to get some more athletes to help the team! 

bdubyab60

Quote from: playmaker04 on December 18, 2014, 12:59:55 pm
3-2A
1 Earle
2 Cross Co strengths: running backs,receivers and linebackers,large senior class.weaknesses: must replace qb,and several on both lines,small freshman class moving up.
3 EPC
4 Walnut Ridge
5 Marked Tree
CC has the most returning of any team I believe. I can see it going like this.
1. CC
2. Earle
3. WR
4. EPC
5. MT
Salem will be in the hunt for that 4 or 5 seed as well.

Dragon I

I'll take a shot at the 8.
1/2 JC/Rison winner
3 Bearden
4 Woodlawn
5 PC/Hermitage/Strong
PC could be higher

dragondad

8-2A

1. JC
2. Rison
3. Bearden
4. PC
5. Woodlawn
6. Hermitage
7. Strong
8. Hampton

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Take des arc off my list, until i see who we get to replace Prescott.

dragondad

purpleswag

The 6.

and higher classification

Pick_DA_EAGLES

December 19, 2014, 08:28:27 am #20 Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:30:30 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: purpleswag on December 19, 2014, 08:07:36 am
The 6.

and higher classification

And bottom dweller, in last 5 seasons they have won, 1,1,2,1 and 4 games. Looks like a hard road ahead.

jbtiger73

But I think in the next cycle, they'll drop back down to 3A, so that will definitely help them. hopefully he can sway some of those Benton/Bryant kids to go there.

Bagheera

5-2A

1. Magnet Cove
2. Conway Christian
3. England
4. Bigelow
5. Poyen
6. Cutter
7. Quitman
8. Mt Pine

amehr36

I would be stunned if Hermitage doesn't challenge JC next year....

cuz

jbtiger73

Hazen
Brinkley or McCrory at #2
DA
and #5 is definitely gonna be a super toss up between PW,Clarendon and Carlisle.

Clarendon loses some key super skilled guys. but have enough left over to make a push for #5. and Thrash definitely has the utilizing their talents to achieve that.

PW is gonna have a very talented back in Devonte Jordan back. but after two injury plagued seasons, how is his confidence and will he be able to bounce back? also, they have some very good, but very young talent hats gonna get tested early in week 2 at rival Brinkley. time for the young pups to grow up. and will they be finally be able to translate success from coach Havener in jr. high, to Sartin, in Sr. high.

And at Brinkley, our biggest loss is gonna be our line. we're also gonna be talented, but young at that position as well. lost some great sr. leaders this year, and had a couple of key injuries that could have changed our fortunes a little bit. but those guys will be back and I honestly believe next to PW, we'll have the most skilled team in the conf. also losing our QB as well that was a great leader. but we have a few that will try out in the spring that are very skilled and mobile.

I think Hazen will still be the team to beat in the 6, but it will definitely be tougher than they think.

mtindian42

Quote from: jbtiger73 on December 19, 2014, 10:34:01 am
But I think in the next cycle, they'll drop back down to 3A, so that will definitely help them. hopefully he can sway some of those Benton/Bryant kids to go there.
bauxite is got to be getting kids from those 2 towns already...all that's in bauxite is a school and a football field...and a few houses...

jbtiger73

Quote from: mtindian42 on December 19, 2014, 04:05:39 pm
Quote from: jbtiger73 on December 19, 2014, 10:34:01 am
bauxite is got to be getting kids from those 2 towns already...all that's in bauxite is a school and a football field...and a few houses...

that's definitely true. school choice has definitely benefitted schools them and other schools like them with a less than 400 population

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on December 19, 2014, 06:43:18 am
8-2A

1. JC
2. Rison
3. Bearden
4. PC
5. Woodlawn
6. Hermitage
7. Strong
8. Hampton

Strong may not even have a school next year...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 22, 2014, 08:46:42 pm
Quote from: dragondad on December 19, 2014, 06:43:18 am
8-2A

1. JC
2. Rison
3. Bearden
4. PC
5. Woodlawn
6. Hermitage
7. Strong
8. Hampton

Strong may not even have a school next year...

They would still be ahead of Hampton. Lol

Proud Buckaroo

I've seen Hampton play this year... They have some kids with talent potential but they just don't have that will to play. They have the attitude... "We are going to lose, so why bother."

JC Guy

its not just the kids. They have one of the best stadiums in 2A and have zero support from that community as far as attendance. We traveled 10 times better than they had in the stands for a home game.

Proud Buckaroo

I hate to see things like that... If the community would come together and actually support those kids. The kids attitudes would change for the better.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Maybe their fans are like me, i don't like their coach.

Proud Buckaroo

Pick_DA_EAGLES

THA TRUTH

He is hamptons golden boy so that's not the problem

dragondad

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 23, 2014, 06:57:22 am
He is hamptons golden boy so that's not the problem

That he's Hamptons golden boy, could be the problem.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Dragon I on December 19, 2014, 06:34:30 am
I'll take a shot at the 8.
1/2 JC/Rison winner
3 Bearden
4 Woodlawn
5 PC/Hermitage/Strong
PC could be higher

1. JC (battle between them and Rison)
2. Rison
3. Bearden (Hermitage could upset in this match up)
4. Hermitage
5/6. PC/Strong
7. Woodlawn (will lose a lot from 2014)
8. Hampton

big E

If Sartin is not at Pw they finish in the top 5 with the jordon brothers Thweat and thrash in the back field if Sartin is at Pw well they dont make the playoffs again and I get to start huntin early again.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: jbtiger73 on December 19, 2014, 03:32:37 pm
Hazen
Brinkley or McCrory at #2
DA
and #5 is definitely gonna be a super toss up between PW,Clarendon and Carlisle.

Clarendon loses some key super skilled guys. but have enough left over to make a push for #5. and Thrash definitely has the utilizing their talents to achieve that.

PW is gonna have a very talented back in Devonte Jordan back. but after two injury plagued seasons, how is his confidence and will he be able to bounce back? also, they have some very good, but very young talent hats gonna get tested early in week 2 at rival Brinkley. time for the young pups to grow up. and will they be finally be able to translate success from coach Havener in jr. high, to Sartin, in Sr. high.

And at Brinkley, our biggest loss is gonna be our line. we're also gonna be talented, but young at that position as well. lost some great sr. leaders this year, and had a couple of key injuries that could have changed our fortunes a little bit. but those guys will be back and I honestly believe next to PW, we'll have the most skilled team in the conf. also losing our QB as well that was a great leader. but we have a few that will try out in the spring that are very skilled and mobile.

I think Hazen will still be the team to beat in the 6, but it will definitely be tougher than they think.
I hope your right!!!! (BUT)I think McCrory #1 and DA(even with coaching change), Hazen and Brinkley fighting for #2.

MarionBlueDevil

3-2A
1 Earle
3 EPC
4 Walnut Ridge
5 Marked Tree

Earle lost a lot from this year's team. I think that they could figure it out as the year goes on, but it'll be tough for them to repeat as conference champions, IMHO.

2015 may be Cross County's year.

Hater

Hazen could be number one (and playing at wms again with new coach)
McCrory
DA
Brinkley

bdubyab60

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on December 27, 2014, 02:13:23 pm
3-2A
1 Earle
3 EPC
4 Walnut Ridge
5 Marked Tree

Earle lost a lot from this year's team. I think that they could figure it out as the year goes on, but it'll be tough for them to repeat as conference champions, IMHO.

Still got a dynamic playmaker in Bohannon and a good stable of backs. I think they will still be competeing pretty strongly for that top spot.

I got CC at the 1 because they have a huge group returning. They do have some key pieces to replace but they will be stout.

jbtiger73

no offence, but I would definitely have Brinkley higher than 4th

playmaker04

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 29, 2014, 11:34:18 pm
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on December 27, 2014, 02:13:23 pm
3-2A
1 Earle
3 EPC
4 Walnut Ridge
5 Marked Tree

Still got a dynamic playmaker in Bohannon and a good stable of backs. I think they will still be competeing pretty strongly for that top spot.

I got CC at the 1 because they have a huge group returning. They do have some key pieces to replace but they will be stout.
my concern is more the losses on the d-line. All-State/all-star Kendrick walker is gone plus Seth Soto,Cain hogan.Devin sides and Donovan Jones. Jones and Soto were all conference. Offensive line not as much because Davis can do a lot with little. Linebacker and leading tackler holden Byassee could move back to the line or linebacker jerry Andrews. They both used to play on the line. D- backs strong with Davis,Marcus Boykin,smith and Johnson back. Johnson and Boykin all conference, Davis all state. Got a freshman moving up that should be an impact player on offense in KK Boykin. QB situation will be a question.

brown2010

Lions84

I hope this fall is a break through year for Clarendon and Coach Thrash.

jbtiger73

Quote from: Lions84 on January 08, 2015, 01:32:33 pm
I hope this fall is a break through year for Clarendon and Coach Thrash.
The lions will have a few skill players, but definitely lose a lot with Knox & Lowery leaving. but Thrash's influence and will to want to win, I could see the lions fighting for that 5 spot. the real wild card here is PW. they have the talent and size up front. but every time those undefeated jr. high squads make it to sr. high, they always seem to fizzle out. same situation coming up for the 2015 season. this group of seniors were conf. runner-up's to England back in jr. high. so who knows what to expect from them.

big E

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out why and thats all im gonna say about that and they finished 3rd jb behind Hazen and England next years srs finished second.Alot of that was on the coattails of the group under them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas