• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AAU

Started by neds, May 13, 2010, 06:44:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

neds

Should be a good 16U state AAU tournament this weekend @McClellan.  The Wings (w/three div 1 prospects?) are in it and Scotty Thurman's All-Star group is playing as well.
Not sure about the balance of the teams and what part of the state they are from, but it should be fun to watch.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

neds, how are the wings playin in the 16 & under? isnt that team a 17 & under team?

the arkansas hawks are playing in it as well.

neds

17U's was last week.  I saw the final, Wings vs not sure - - Wings won by 28.
The 16U Wings are supposed to be the real thing as well. Scotty's team however is the defending state AAU champs for that age in this same state tournament.
Hawks are indeed in it and should be strong as well. Games start @7 on Fri., resume Sat morn and finals are on Sun. Two top teams qualify for national AAU tourney.
Should be some good ball.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

you think the 16 wings have 3 d-1 players?

neds

I don't have an opinion on the talent as I haven't seen them play yet, will watch them this weekend.
R Crawford was the source on the opinion of 3 D1's, he was talking about them on the radion last night.
The All Stars may have a couple college level players as well, maybe D2's

Pick_DA_EAGLES

i see. I havent seen them this year either. The hawks may have a couple for the next level as well.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

neds,
  what games you attending today?

neds

Will see the 1:30 games today. One on each of the two courts.
Probably back tonight for the second round of the day. That will conclude pool play and the records will decide the Sun semi's and finals.
Hawks or All-Stars vs Wings on Sun is my pick(s). 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

im here right now and the wings look pretty strong. I will also be here tonite.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

neds what team you watching?

neds

Following the Hawks and Scotty's All-Stars for the most part. They will play @9 a.m. on Sunday. Hawks won this afternoon by 10 over the W. Memphis AAU group, the Warriors. All-Stars wone by 25 over the 76'rs.
Should be a good match-up @9. Wings will play the Warriors in the other semi in the champs bracket.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

i was at the hawks games today. and will be there in the morning.

neds

Semi's - Hawks beat the All-Stars by three and the Wings beat the Warriors by 14.
All-Stars beat the Warriors by three for 3rd place and the Wings were down mid way thru the 1st half in a close game w/the Hawks.
I didn't stay to see all of the final. Hawks were playing w/just seven players so the edge may go to the Wings.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

wings won by 10 or 12.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas