• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen Rose @ Charleston

Started by WPWells, November 25, 2016, 08:55:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SR30

We at GR do the same thing for our kids.. but we get it.. it is ok for your people to attack our community but don't dare fire back at your community because that's just wrong?? Is that what your trying to say? Please correct me if im wrong.. there is talking trash like we all did but at no time did anyone from Gr bash the Charleston community. The same can not be said by yours. We have parents volunteer and do things,for our boys week in and week out.. it's what we are suppose to do for our future generations. It's 1:40am and we just rolled in at home. To the Charleston team awesome job and good luck next week, to the fans who are hospitable thank you for a great atmosphere.

TeeLee

Quote from: SR30 on December 03, 2016, 01:26:42 am
You teelee are the first person who has posted from Charleston who recognizes that. From the very first post on this thread comments where made about punches being thrown, calling out our Coach all year long, things of that nature. And it finally got under my skin tonight. Charleston played lights out tonight and plain whipped us. But your arrogant posters can't let it go at that.. and then turn around and call us unsportsmanlike fans..

I like kidding and having fun as much as the next person.  But I've seen to many times it don't work on message boards.  Each person feels they have to get one up on the other until it becomes personal and down right nasty.  In my many years I've learned if I can't say something nice, just don't say anything.

TeeLee

Dang SR30,  your doing all this posting and not run off the road yet.  Ohhh, bet you got someone else driving for you.  Glad you made it home safely and hope the rest of your fans have also.

SR30

All kids and parents arrived safely to my knowledge. Good luck next week

Original Turfmonkey

😂😂😂😂 Called at the beginning of the year!!!

BeaverDam

December 03, 2016, 07:34:14 am #705 Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 07:51:58 am by BeaverDam
Prescott by 17. Got home late had to take a shower from being in that dump they call Charleston. Beavers will rebuild the broken darn and will be back next year! Maybe one year you girls in Charleston can come to Glen Rose.

CapnObvious

Quote from: BeaverDam on December 03, 2016, 07:34:14 am
Prescott by 17. Got home late had to take a shower from being in that dump they call Charleston. Beavers will rebuild the broken darn and will be back next year! Maybe one year you girls in Charleston can come to Glen Rose.
Beaverhole you know that will never happen cause the best teams always play at home .. Btw enjoy 🏀.. Mabey we will get a chance to spank a little more fur off of ya there as well ...

chucktownboys

GR played hard, nothing to be ashamed of, much better looking team play from them than the one that got mercy ruled in state championship game a couple years ago, thought there were to many sloppy penalties on Tigers that need to be cleaned up, GR had nothing to hang their heads about
Tigers played lights out D and that was the difference, only question I had from the game was why parents, kids and grandparents were allowed to be on Glen Roses sidelines? Guess GR coach still doesn't have control of his team lol Great job Tigers!

GBattack

Wow...their coach wouldn't even comment? Kinda tactless.

The Dynasty

Quote from: GBattack on December 03, 2016, 09:54:21 am

Not surprised.

ChucktownTiger

First of all, I don't know how those "victory" pizzas tasted but I will say Bama made a big pot of authentic gumbo and it was the bomb. That guy is a true craftsman.

Now as for the game.....

Charleston came out and played good physical D early. The O took a little time to find their groove but once they did it was on. That team that came out after half was on a mission. If we can put together 4 full quarters, we'll be raising the trophy once again. Proud of this team and this group of Seniors. They weren't gonna let what happened last year happen again. The leadership has been the biggest difference this year. Proud of every single one of those guys. They represent our town and school with pride, true Tigers. now go get ya one more and another sign above the score board. This week will feel like it takes forever but enjoy every second. You guys have earned it.

As far as GR goes. Great team and sounds like you guys are young. Youll be right back in the hunt next year I'm sure. Good luck!!!!! SR30 sorry you are having such a hard time. Itll get better. Good news is you get to enjoy watching your son for a couple more years.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: GBattack on December 03, 2016, 09:54:21 am

Wonder what SR30 thinks about that. He's such a good guy though.

WPWells

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 03, 2016, 10:19:11 am
First of all, I don't know how those "victory" pizzas tasted but I will say Bama made a big pot of authentic gumbo and it was the bomb. That guy is a true craftsman.

Now as for the game.....

Charleston came out and played good physical D early. The O took a little time to find their groove but once they did it was on. That team that came out after half was on a mission. If we can put together 4 full quarters, we'll be raising the trophy once again. Proud of this team and this group of Seniors. They weren't gonna let what happened last year happen again. The leadership has been the biggest difference this year. Proud of every single one of those guys. They represent our town and school with pride, true Tigers. now go get ya one more and another sign above the score board. This week will feel like it takes forever but enjoy every second. You guys have earned it.

As far as GR goes. Great team and sounds like you guys are young. Youll be right back in the hunt next year I'm sure. Good luck!!!!! SR30 sorry you are having such a hard time. Itll get better. Good news is you get to enjoy watching your ALL-AMERICAN son for a couple more years.

FIFY

rodhew50

Quote from: SR30 on December 03, 2016, 12:07:48 am
More or less disappointed for your team.. a quality top notch program supported by fans like you
Hey SR 30 at least we don't get mad and hit officials like your coaches son did  the last time we played

SR30

Living in the past as usual. Like I said last night Charleston has no business calling anyone classless

SR30

I didn't know not making a comment was unsportsmanlike. He was disappointed just like the kids. But you people think your so much above everyone else so go ahead and talk your trash.

SR30

December 03, 2016, 11:43:21 am #718 Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:46:17 am by SR30
"I don't want to talk about this game" where in that direct quote from the newspaper shows lack of class. What is the man suppose to say? Our team did not execute in the second half. He isn't going to bash his players or staff. Like mom said, or in your folks case maybe a kissing cousin who knows.. "if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all"

GBattack

SR30 just as much mud was slung from GR... I will say however, no comment to the press by the head coach is not "unsportsmanlike"...it's unprofessional. In a game where there is a loser every week and you are trying to teach kids how to win and lose with class and tact, that's not the way to do it. A simple statement of "I couldn't be more proud of our boys on a great season" would suffice if he didn't want to speak.

SR30

Again "if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all"

GBattack

He should have a lot of nice things to say about his own team.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: SR30 on December 03, 2016, 11:47:09 am
Again "if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all"
You might consider taking your own advice. No one has been slinging more mud, and expletives, on this thread today than you. Your team got beat. Why not man up, accept the loss, and move on.

Anticipating your response, I realize full well that you have admitted the loss, but that is not the same as accepting it. It's time to stop crying foul. Since it was a beat down, you can't scream at the refs, so you scream at the Tiger posters. Your vitriol has even spilled over onto the Newport/Prescott thread. Enough already.

For the most part, the Chucktown posters have gone out of the way to praise the Beavers for an excellent season and predict good things from them in future seasons. How about responding in kind?

Black and Gold

^^ Agreed GB. Those GR boys played hard. #10 came in as a freshman and played a great game. I was confused as to why they didn't leave him at QB as opposed to having that rotation.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Black and Gold on December 03, 2016, 11:57:31 am
^^ Agreed GB. Those GR boys played hard. #10 came in as a freshman and played a great game. I was confused as to why they didn't leave him at QB as opposed to having that rotation.

Because the starting QB is the DC's son.

YC

I did not say one word about this game before it happened because I knew there would be plenty of trash talk without me adding to it. I fully intended not to say anything one way or the other after as well. However enough is enough.

Perhaps Glen Rose did not play well but there were probably many reasons for that. When the QB is running for his life on every pass play other than the quick slants and the running game is getting practically nothing the offense will not look good—thus the numerous sacks and interceptions. The Tigers defensive line owned the game in the 2nd half.

Stating an offensive lineman ran down SMF from behind was the funniest thing I have read on this board in a long time.

Good luck to GR in the future and the future looks bright for them. I was really impressed by that freshman QB.

SR30

If you go back and look at my response to teelee my being mad was not at the game, the loss nor the chucktown community. It was to dynasty and his crew. All year long he trashes people from GR from the coach, to Kehner's kid, to the fans. Talks about how classless and unsportsmanlike we are. Yet day in and day out it is ok for him to do it. They can't just say we won, good job tigers and so forth. Or the "there where alot of tears on the GR side yardage yadda" I can promise you had we won it would have been great game tigers and great season from boomer and me. We may talk trash but at the end of the day we respect the opponent win or lose. My wife and I shook several of your players hands last night and wished them good luck. Like I said it's not the losing of the game it's the hypocritical attitude that people are expected to put up with from certain fans of yours. I apologize to any other tiger faithful I have offended. However, not that it matters, refuse to apologize to people like dynasty and his pals. Boomer and I actually wanted to meet some of the faithful smack talkers to put faces with the screen names. Not out of anger but out of a ff brotherhood as that's all we are is a bunch of trash talkers who hope our team wins each Friday. Dynasty flat out refused like he was above anyone from GR. I hope that isn't the norm for your area. I met black and gold and he was a very polite young man and had nothing but good things to say about GR. Which I thanked him for. Just seems some of your posters need to step out of that glass house before throwing rocks. Again I apologize to the true community of Charleston

SR30

IofthaTiger if he didn't get tackled from behind did he trip? It was a bad play from us and your star almost scored however if I remember right he didn't fall by himself

flow51

Turnover, after turnover, after turnover... That film was hard to watch with a fellow conference foe fall more and more apart in the second half.  Looked like the average starting field position for the Tigers was the GR 25 most of the 2nd half... :-\

YC

He was hemmed in on the sideline and had to slow down to try and make a move. The backside and side pursuit thus caught up to him. Thats not like being run down from behind. Being run down from behind is when a runner is in the open by himself and a player runs him down because of superior speed.

tigersfan86

SR anger management is in order, in the meantime to help with your healing, and helpful for your family also. http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/glen-rose-beavers-(malvern,ar)/basketball/schedule.htm

SR30

Lol and the jokes roll in proving my point

Black and Gold

If our jokes and boasting are too much, why can't you just turn the other cheek?

Every Charleston poster has got on and praised Glen Rose for how they played.

SR30

Almost and like I said it's not about the game or the players..both teams gave it there all..it's about disrespect of a community by certain individuals who think they are better. I'm not bitter or angry about the loss at all. Nicholas and I have already sat down and talked about goals for off season and next year. The game is far in the past but it's the disrespect that's uncalled for

SR30

It's like the whole calling our Coach "unprofessional" for not speaking about the game. Why would he speak to a paper from NWA praising our boys when none of them would ever see it. Why would you? He doesn't know that reporter from Adam and he could be misquoted on anything.. not that they would but hey, we all know how the media can be no matter where u are
So what was the point in bringing it up other than more trashing of him

IndependentFootballFan

SR30:

I have a solution for you, log off of FF and quit reading it if it bothers you so much.

Tiger fans have the right to boast about this victory. The seniors return to WMS for the second time which is something to boast about. For sophomores and juniors it's there first trip as a player which is also something to boast about. As parents we watch our kids put so much blood, sweat, and tears into a sport therefore we boast when they reach the goal of making it to the championship game. 

Carry on Tiger fans.

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on December 03, 2016, 12:44:39 pm
If you go back and look at my response to teelee my being mad was not at the game, the loss nor the chucktown community. It was to dynasty and his crew. All year long he trashes people from GR from the coach, to Kehner's kid, to the fans. Talks about how classless and unsportsmanlike we are. Yet day in and day out it is ok for him to do it. They can't just say we won, good job tigers and so forth. Or the "there where alot of tears on the GR side yardage yadda" I can promise you had we won it would have been great game tigers and great season from boomer and me. We may talk trash but at the end of the day we respect the opponent win or lose. My wife and I shook several of your players hands last night and wished them good luck. Like I said it's not the losing of the game it's the hypocritical attitude that people are expected to put up with from certain fans of yours. I apologize to any other tiger faithful I have offended. However, not that it matters, refuse to apologize to people like dynasty and his pals. Boomer and I actually wanted to meet some of the faithful smack talkers to put faces with the screen names. Not out of anger but out of a ff brotherhood as that's all we are is a bunch of trash talkers who hope our team wins each Friday. Dynasty flat out refused like he was above anyone from GR. I hope that isn't the norm for your area. I met black and gold and he was a very polite young man and had nothing but good things to say about GR. Which I thanked him for. Just seems some of your posters need to step out of that glass house before throwing rocks. Again I apologize to the true community of Charleston

I don't want to talk about this post.

jay nelvin

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: SR30 on December 03, 2016, 02:31:19 pm
It's like the whole calling our Coach "unprofessional" for not speaking about the game. Why would he speak to a paper from NWA praising our boys when none of them would ever see it. Why would you? He doesn't know that reporter from Adam and he could be misquoted on anything.. not that they would but hey, we all know how the media can be no matter where u are
So what was the point in bringing it up other than more trashing of him

The "Media"!!!!! What is this the NFL. lol Come on Man! You aren't helping yourself any at all. Lots of great things said about GR team this year and the bright future ahead. Your Coach is an arrogant, excuse making person. I guess there is another way of looking at this though. At least this time he just chose not to respond. That's better than crying about the reffs in the interview he did earlier this year or the debacle he had during the last meet up we had. Again the future looks bright in GR. I think PB can confirm from last year, when we lose we give credit where credit is due and shut up. 

Proud Buckaroo

After reading all this... I have decided to put my two cents in.

Regardless if you do not have anything to say to the "media" or not. You don't have to make a huge statement. All you can say is "Charleston played a good game and we just couldn't get anything going." In my opinion, that would be more of the professional thing to do. Instead of saying "I don't have anything to say."

Lineman

PB, I bet those words rolled right off your tongue without giving it a 2nd thought.

adaptedtigerfan

Or he could have said.   Yup..  they are who we thought they were.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Lineman on December 03, 2016, 05:12:55 pm
PB, I bet those words rolled right off your tongue without giving it a 2nd thought.

You have no idea how many times I deleted my message with the thought of even complimenting Charleston. 😂😂

Runfastturnleft

Never seen a reporter chase down the losing coach of a semifinal game to get a quote.   They usually focus on the winners... Considering it was NW online then I figured Kendrick's quotes would be enough.

If he would have given Charleston a sparking quote yall would have complained that he wasn't gracious enough.   

Get over yourselves... You won... You got a chance at a title.... Worry about bigger things....

Lineman

Some of us have no worries & there's nothing to get over. 

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: Runfastturnleft on December 03, 2016, 07:40:40 pm
Never seen a reporter chase down the losing coach of a semifinal game to get a quote.   They usually focus on the winners... Considering it was NW online then I figured Kendrick's quotes would be enough.

If he would have given Charleston a sparking quote yall would have complained that he wasn't gracious enough.   

Get over yourselves... You won... You got a chance at a title.... Worry about bigger things....

No worries here. Got the hotel acomidtions in order and getting ready for another game in the Rock!!!

Original Turfmonkey

December 03, 2016, 09:25:11 pm #746 Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 09:29:41 pm by Original Turfmonkey
Quote from: SR30 on December 03, 2016, 11:34:05 am
Living in the past as usual. Like I said last night Charleston has no business calling anyone classless
But it's a fact that your guys coach is nothing but classless!!!  I'm not from Charleston either.  There is not a coach hated more anywhere in the state, maybe the whole south US than at GR.  And that's a fact today, yesterday, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, last year, the year before that, you get the idea.

blackcat23

Quote from: Original Turfmonkey on December 03, 2016, 09:25:11 pm
But it's a fact that your guys coach is nothing but classless!!!  I'm not from Charleston either.  There is not a coach hated more anywhere in the state, maybe the whole south US than at GR.  And that's a fact today, yesterday, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, last year, the year before that, you get the idea.
if people are hating you your do something right... Good luck to Prescott and Charleston in the championship should be a good game.

The Dynasty

Quote from: blackcat23 on December 03, 2016, 11:01:41 pm
if people are hating you your do something right... Good luck to Prescott and Charleston in the championship should be a good game.

No question about it. He's a good coach. Terrible role model.

Original Turfmonkey

Quote from: blackcat23 on December 03, 2016, 11:01:41 pm
That's not always the case, but OK.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas