• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrestling

Started by 1-Adam-12, January 02, 2018, 09:54:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

I got in late and was able to watch only the Omega vs. Cody match.  I had heard a lot about Omega and had wanted to watch one of his matches. 

I was not disappointed.  Great match with moments for both wrestlers.  As good a match as I've seen all year. 

1-Adam-12

The injury bug continues to hit Raw. 

Fandango will be out the rest of the year with a torn labrum, forcing Tyler Breeze to go it alone as the sole member of the Fashion Police for a while.

VHSCoach2

Thankfully (perhaps hopefully?) the post-WrestleMania lull that the WWE is currently in will be over after Extreme Rules on Sunday. While Smackdown has been enjoyable, Raw has been a bore. The build to SummerSlam should, hopefully, change that.

205 Live and NXT continue to be on fire, as usual. The main event on NXT this week was Moustache Mountain defending the tag titles against The Undisputed ERA. It was one of the best tag team matches under the WWE banner that I can recall seeing.

VHSCoach2

Extreme Rules has passed and now we are on the road to SummerSlam. In terms or order of enjoyment for me last night:

AJ Styles vs. Rusev
Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins
Kevin Owens vs. Braun Strowman
Bobby Lashley vs. Roman Reigns
Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Sin Cara
The Bludgeon Brothers vs. Daniel Bryan and Kane
Finn Balor vs. Baron Corbin
SAnitY vs. The New Day
The B-Team vs. The Deleters of Worlds
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Jeff Hardy
Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jax
Carmella vs. Asuka

1-Adam-12

Stephanie McMahon is set to make a major announcement on Raw tonight, and rumor has it that the SmackDown women's division have been told to be in Cincinnati for Raw tonight.

I anticipate the announcement of an all-women's PPV, a WWE-wide women's tag championship, or maybe both.

1-Adam-12

It is indeed an all-womens PPV, called Evolution, to be held at the Nassau Coliseum on Long Island on Oct. 28.

In addition to all the current women's Superstars, Trish Stratus and Lita will be on hand. 

All of the women's titles (Raw, SmackDown and NXT) will be contested, as well as the finals of the second Mae Young Classic. 

No announcement (yet) of a women's tag championship.

VHSCoach2

WWE Hall of Famer Nikolai Volkoff has passed away at the age of 70.

Also, reports are saying that former WWE Superstar Brian Christopher (better known as Grandmaster Sexay) was rushed to a hospital after he was found hanging in this jail cell. Further, unconfirmed reports are that he has also passed away.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on July 29, 2018, 11:01:50 am
WWE Hall of Famer Nikolai Volkoff has passed away at the age of 70.

Also, reports are saying that former WWE Superstar Brian Christopher (better known as Grandmaster Sexay) was rushed to a hospital after he was found hanging in this jail cell. Further, unconfirmed reports are that he has also passed away.

It has now been confirmed that Brian Christopher has passed away. Also, Memphis Wrestling legend Brickhouse Brown has passed away this morning.

Terrible day in the professional wrestling world.

1-Adam-12

Yes, awful day.  I remember all three of them to varying degrees, with Nikolai Volkoff being the one who stands out most to me. 

He and the Iron Sheik were quite a team.  I can remember him commanding the crowd to stand for the Soviet national anthem.

bleudog

VHSCoach2

One week from today, I'll be in the air on my way to Brooklyn. SummerSlam is the last of the Big Four that I haven't attended, and I get to check it off the list next week.

I got one of the Travel Packages that WWE does for the Big Four, so I'll be able to take in a meet-and-greet with Sasha Banks and TakeOver: Brooklyn 4 on Saturday, a breakfast session with yet-to-be-named Superstars and SummerSlam on Sunday, Raw on Monday, and Smackdown and 205 Live on Tuesday.

In the middle of all of that, obviously sight-seeing and getting some authentic New York-style food will take place.

bleudog

VHSCoach2

Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart passed away this morning at the age of 63.

1-Adam-12

Talk about a rough month for wrestling. 

That means there's only one member of the original Hart Foundation left, Bret Hart himself.

VHSCoach2

Aretha Franklin has passed away. Why am I posting this in the wrestling forum?

She gave a beautiful rendition of "America the Beautiful" at WrestleMania III way back in 1987. Her performance was just a small part in the overall success of that show; a show that catapulted WWE (then WWF) to the forefront in popularity and solidified the company's stance in the sports world.

May she rest in peace.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on August 10, 2018, 09:49:10 am
One week from today, I'll be in the air on my way to Brooklyn. SummerSlam is the last of the Big Four that I haven't attended, and I get to check it off the list next week.

I got one of the Travel Packages that WWE does for the Big Four, so I'll be able to take in a meet-and-greet with Sasha Banks and TakeOver: Brooklyn 4 on Saturday, a breakfast session with yet-to-be-named Superstars and SummerSlam on Sunday, Raw on Monday, and Smackdown and 205 Live on Tuesday.

In the middle of all of that, obviously sight-seeing and getting some authentic New York-style food will take place.

That is pretty sweet.  Enjoy yourself!

VHSCoach2

Met Sasha Banks, Sheamus, and Charly Caruso yesterday at an autograph session. Being in the crowd for TakeOver: Brooklyn was incredible. I had previously been to TakeOver: Dallas and TakeOver: New Orleans, but the Brooklyn crowd was insane.

Met Alexa Bliss and Daniel Bryan this morning at an autograph session. It was a bit awkward meeting Bryan while wearing a Miz shirt, but we joked around about it and he was a good sport!

VHSCoach2

I just finished watching ALL IN. Man, what a show. Congrats to Cody and The Young Bucks for making it a reality.

bleudog

VHSCoach2

WWE has announced that the Mixed Match Challenge will return in two weeks. It will air after Smackdown Live beginning on September 18th and will last for 14 episodes.

The teams are:

Raw: Braun Strowman and Alexa Bliss, Finn Balor and Bayley, Bobby Lashley and Sasha Banks, Jinder Mahal and Alicia Fox, & Kevin Owens and Natalya

Smackdown: The Miz and Asuka, Rusev and Lana, Jimmy Uso and Naomi, R-Truth and Carmella, & AJ Styles and Charlotte Flair.

I'm going to go out on a (not-too-long) limb and say the final match will be Strowman/Bliss vs. Styles/Flair.

VHSCoach2

Renee Young will be replacing Jonathan Coachman on the Raw commentary team full-time, beginning tonight.

Coach will take over Renee's spots as a backstage interviewer and as the host of the pay-per-view kickoff shows.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on September 10, 2018, 02:29:55 pm
Renee Young will be replacing Jonathan Coachman on the Raw commentary team full-time, beginning tonight.

Coach will take over Renee's spots as a backstage interviewer and as the host of the pay-per-view kickoff shows.

I think this was long overdue.  Young has brought a fresh perspective to the program.  Coach had gotten very dull and predictable.

VHSCoach2

Here's the order of how I enjoyed the matches from last night's HIAC:

1. Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre vs. Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins
2. Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton
3. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair
4. AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe
5. Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan vs. Maryse and The Miz
6. Alexa Bliss vs. Ronda Rousey
7. Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns
8. The New Day vs. Rusev Day

jbtiger73

definitely think the mixed tag match should've been last place. the new day's match, although not as great, was a lot better than some of the matches. they could've put a different match on the pre show. sad that Roman and braun's match needed an outside brawl and a return to be interesting. also a shame that Braun became the second person to fail a MITB cash in. which means he probably won't win it until Survivor Series in another Triple threat with Brock and Reigns. At least it will be at a major PPV.

1-Adam-12

Though Becky Lynch is being portrayed as a heel now, not everyone is buying it.  There were a bit more cheers than boos on SmackDown after her celebration when she took out Charlotte.

jbtiger73

Becky's heel turn, just like many other heel/face turns, happen at the wrong time with the wrong opponent. I think it was the right opponent with her, but bad timing. People were already tired of Charlotte by then. Not quite the Roman Reigns treatment, but people still thinking her sthick is getting old. If anything, I would make becky like a stone cold like character. As far as her not being a heel, but having a no nonsense attitude. But not insulting the fans. Because its not working.

VHSCoach2

I don't think Becky Lynch is a heel. She takes no nonsense from anyone, whether heel or face. The reactions that she still gets, i.e., the loud cheers, should make it obvious to WWE that she can't be a heel in the eyes of the fans. Plus, they have edited her initial heel promo where she attacked the fans for "not supporting her," and removed all mentions of that. Outside of the brawl with Charlotte where the heels pulled Becky back and the faces pulled Charlotte back, I haven't seen any signs of a heel. Rather, just a person who finally got what was rightfully hers at the behest of her former best friend.

jbtiger73

Well, I don't know. Last night on SmackDown, she did a very heelish attack on Charlotte during a photo shoot. And demanding that the photographer take her picture while standing over her. Then how she talked to Lana backstage before their match. So I'm just as confused as anyone about what WWE wants to do with her, as far as what they want to portray her as. I still say the Stone cold method is the best way to go.

VHSCoach2

Whenever I have free time, I chronologically watch the WWE Network. I started at WrestleMania I from back in 1985 when the Network launched in 2014. Today, I made it to one of my favorite moments from my early teenage years: Eddie Guerrero beating Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship at No Way Out 2004. I was 13 when it took place. I had goosebumps when it happened live, and I experienced those same goosebumps watching it again today.

jbtiger73

I do the same thing as well. I think around wrestlemania 2000, after that, they were all sorta hit or miss. I also follow certain wrestlers careers from pay per view to pay per view. Like the undertaker, triple h, Cena, Orton, and others. Just seeing the progress and looks of them from year to year.

jbtiger73

If you ever noticed during the evolution days, triple h looked a little thicker. And not in a muscular way. Lol. His face seemed a little fatter. Lol.

VHSCoach2

October 03, 2018, 12:09:30 pm #131 Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:11:45 pm by VHSCoach2
WWE Super Show-Down is this Saturday. It will air at 4 AM here in Arkansas. Do I sacrifice sleep to watch it live, or sacrifice seeing spoilers and waiting until later in the day to watch it?  Decisions, decisions... Anyway, here are my predictions for the show.

1. Bobby Lashley and John Cena vs. Kevin Owens and Elias
2. WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: The New Day vs. The Bar
3. Six-Woman Tag Team Match: Ronda Rousey and The Bella Twins vs. The Riott Squad
4. #1 Contender's (WWE Championship) Match: Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz
5. WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match: Cedric Alexander vs. Buddy Murphy
6. Asuka and Naomi vs. The IIconics
7. Six-Man Tag Team Match: Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler, and Drew McIntyre vs. The Shield
8. WWE Smackdown Women's Championship Match: Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair
9. The Undertaker (w/Kane) vs. Triple H (w/Shawn Michaels)
10. WWE Championship No Disqualification, No Count-out Match: AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe

VHSCoach2

I have decided to brave the element of potentially waking my wife up at 3:45 in the morning with my alarm so that I can get up and watch Super Show-Down live. If this is my last post, it has been nice knowing you all...  ;D

VHSCoach2

So that plan didn't come to fruition, haha. Couldn't pull myself out of bed. I actually woke up at about 3:30 without an alarm, but just couldn't get up. I'm watching Super Show-Down right now, though.

VHSCoach2

Finished Super Show-Down.

Here is how I would rank the matches in terms of enjoyment for me:

1) Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler, and Drew McIntyre vs. The Shield
2) Buddy Murphy vs. Cedric Alexander
3) AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe
4) Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair
5) The Undertaker vs. Triple H (went a little too long, in my opinion, which is why it's here)
6) The Bar vs. The New Day
7) Asuka and Naomi vs. The IIconics
8) Bobby Lashley and John Cena vs. Elias and Kevin Owens
9) Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz
10) Ronda Rousey and The Bella Twins vs. The Riott Squad

RD™

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 06, 2018, 03:17:36 pm
Finished Super Show-Down.

Here is how I would rank the matches in terms of enjoyment for me:

1) Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler, and Drew McIntyre vs. The Shield
2) Buddy Murphy vs. Cedric Alexander
3) AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe
4) Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair
5) The Undertaker vs. Triple H (went a little too long, in my opinion, which is why it's here)
6) The Bar vs. The New Day
7) Asuka and Naomi vs. The IIconics
8) Bobby Lashley and John Cena vs. Elias and Kevin Owens
9) Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz
10) Ronda Rousey and The Bella Twins vs. The Riott Squad

What in God's name is WWE Doing? They Ruined the Curtain Call with Taker/Trips from Mania. Now this garbage? Mayor Kane and Old Man Taker vs Bald Headed DX is not want people want to see.

jbtiger73

Yeah. It's all a big thing for them to perform at Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia. Those guys paid all that big money to get the guys that they want to see. So obviously, wwe is going to oblige. Just like when they took rusev off of the last one, and the Saudi president and officials said to put him back in. No other venue or country has the power to make WWE change their card on a dime. They demanded Brock Lesnar, paid him a boatload of money just to show up. Money talks. Im pretty sure they're doing it for Shawn michaels, and the undertaker.

RD™

Quote from: jbtiger73 on October 08, 2018, 06:16:25 pm
Yeah. It's all a big thing for them to perform at Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia. Those guys paid all that big money to get the guys that they want to see. So obviously, wwe is going to oblige. Just like when they took rusev off of the last one, and the Saudi president and officials said to put him back in. No other venue or country has the power to make WWE change their card on a dime. They demanded Brock Lesnar, paid him a boatload of money just to show up. Money talks. Im pretty sure they're doing it for Shawn michaels, and the undertaker.

The rumor on the Internet was the Saudi prince was paying 20 million to ensure The Rock was at Crown Jewel to win the Title. Can you imagine that conversation

Vince: Hey Roman
Roman: Sup?
Vince: You're going to drop the title at Crown Jewel
Roman: No.
Vince: It's okay you know him very well
Roman: Strowman or Lesnar?
Vince: Dwayne
Roman: and I get it back on Raw right?
Vince: Sure.

jbtiger73

Yeah. Because it just makes perfect sense. Lol. And of course, we have also the no talent Bella's back in the title picture. Yaaay.

VHSCoach2

Too many PPV events crammed together here in the fall.

HIAC was in the middle of September.
Super Show-Down was this past Saturday.
Evolution is October 27th.
Crown Jewel is November 2nd.
TakeOver: WarGames II is November 17th
Survivor Series is November 18th.
TLC is December 16th.

And somehow, the same Superstars appear on every show...

This is why every PPV being dual-brand is a bad idea.

Back when I was a teenager, the PPV schedule was perfect:
January - Royal Rumble (both shows)
February - No Way Out (Smackdown)
March - WrestleMania (both shows)
April - Backlash (Raw)
May - Judgment Day (Smackdown)
June - Vengeance (Raw)
July - The Great American Bash (Smackdown)
August - SummerSlam (both shows)
September - Unforgiven (Raw)
October - No Mercy (Smackdown)
November - Survivor Series (both shows)
December - Armageddon (Raw)

Wish they'd go back to that. Each show with 4 individual and 4 co-brand shows. 12 total.

1-Adam-12

That was a bombshell.

Brings the world of wrestling back to reality.

Whether you like Roman Reigns' character or not, it's time to forget all that.

Go beat this monster called leukemia, Joe.

VHSCoach2

The pop that Roman Reigns gets WHEN (not if) he returns, is going to be MASSIVE. And I cannot wait to hear it.

VHSCoach2

Evolution was a very fun, very entertaining show. Each match had its moments that didn't make anything feel dull. In order of enjoyment for me:

Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair
Kairi Sane vs. Shayna Baszler
Io Shirai vs. Toni Storm
Bayley, Natalya, and Sasha Banks vs. The Riott Squad
Battle Royal
Nikki Bella vs. Ronda Rousey
Alicia Fox and Mickie James vs. Lita and Trish Stratus

jbtiger73

100% agree with that order of enjoyment. I just hated that rousey and bella was the main event. But I guess they wanted rousey to end the show with the stage shot with all the women's wrestlers and triple h. Lol

VHSCoach2

As seen on Raw last night, John Cena was removed from the Crown Jewel event in Saudi Arabia after refusing to take part in the show. If the rumors hold true, Daniel Bryan will be giving up his WWE Championship Match against AJ Styles at the event, as he is refusing to go as well.

jbtiger73

Yep. Just as we expected. Bryan out of crown jewel ppv. Very good match and even more impressive quick return for samoa joe. As much as I love AJ, I hope they don't screw up and have Joe lose again. I'm sure they'll put the strap on him, have him wrestle babyface braun stroman at survivor series, then have him carry it over into extreme rules and the rumble and lose it there. On a side note, Shane McMahon said that which ever SmackDown superstar makes it to the world cup final and loses, they're going to be off of SmackDown. Very interesting to see which one could possibly be on their way out. I can really see Bobby Lashley winning the tournament, to validate his monster heel status. Unless Seth Rollins makes it to the finals and Dean Ambrose screws him out of it before hand. Wether in the first round or the finals. It's gonna happen probably.

jbtiger73

Another interesting note, Renee Young has been confirmed as a color analyst for Crown Jewel. Also I'm curious to see her reaction and her thoughts about her husband's actions a couple weeks ago. Could they involve her in the storyline. Especially since Cole was bashing Dean for being selfish. Just a thought. Because she was awfully quiet everytime the subject came up on Monday night.

VHSCoach2

Here are my predictions for Crown Jewel. I won't be able to watch the show until later tonight due to work.

WWE United States Championship Match: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev
WWE World Cup Tournament First Round Match: Bobby Lashley vs. Seth Rollins
WWE World Cup Tournament First Round Match: Dolph Ziggler vs. Kurt Angle
WWE World Cup Tournament First Round Match: Jeff Hardy vs. The Miz
WWE World Cup Tournament First Round Match: Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio
WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: The Bar vs. The New Day
WWE World Cup Tournament Semifinal Match: Kurt Angle vs. Seth Rollins
WWE World Cup Tournament Semifinal Match: Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz
WWE Championship Match: AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe
Singles Match for the vacant WWE Universal Championship: Braun Strowman vs. Brock Lesnar
WWE World Cup Tournament Final Match: Kurt Angle vs. The Miz
D-Generation X vs. The Brothers of Destruction

VHSCoach2

Well, Crown Jewel was... well, it was a show. It wasn't all bad, but the majority left me with a "meh" feeling. Here's the order that I enjoyed the matches:

1. Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins
2. Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz
3. Rusev vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
4. The Bar vs. The New Day
5. AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe
6. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio
7. Jeff Hardy vs. The Miz
8. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kurt Angle
9. Bobby Lashley vs. Seth Rollins
10. D-Generation X vs. The Brothers of Destruction
11. Braun Strowman vs. Brock Lesnar
12. Dolph Ziggler vs. Shane McMahon

1-Adam-12

One person owned Raw tonight, and that person was Becky Lynch. 

Heck, she might be the biggest thing in WWE right now.

Her beating the you-know-what out of Rousey with a bloody face (apparently from Nia) was an iconic moment.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas