• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farmington

Started by nsuqb10, November 28, 2018, 10:25:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nsuqb10

beach bum

Is he really going to leave with all the new facilities coming into play?

Roscoe

What facilities are coming?

beach bum

November 28, 2018, 07:42:38 pm #3 Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 07:45:37 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Roscoe on November 28, 2018, 07:12:44 pm
What facilities are coming?

From my understanding they are getting a new field..... And field house as well which are way overdue. That should allow them to use their current field as a practice field cause they need that cause I swear they practice on a 25 X 20 yard field currently lol.

LionX2

Quote from: beach bum on November 28, 2018, 07:42:38 pm

From my understanding they are getting a new field..... And field house as well which are way overdue. That should allow them to use their current field as a practice field cause they need that cause I swear they practice on a 25 X 20 yard field currently lol.

Are they getting turf? I would assume they aren't because why wouldn't they just practice on that field?

beach bum

Quote from: LionX2 on November 28, 2018, 07:53:12 pm
Are they getting turf? I would assume they aren't because why wouldn't they just practice on that field?

Not 100% sure on that, but you would think they would actually cause that's they way almost everyone is going now a days....

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: beach bum on November 28, 2018, 07:58:40 pm

Not 100% sure on that, but you would think they would actually cause that's they way almost everyone is going now a days....

If they let Coach Harper handle the football field, it will look great with natural grass, just like the baseball field.  Now that's a nice setup.

beach bum

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 29, 2018, 12:43:54 pm
If they let Coach Harper handle the football field, it will look great with natural grass, just like the baseball field.  Now that's a nice setup.

I honestly prefer the natural grass if you have a guy willing to put in the work on it that has the knowledge to do so..... The schools that have a guy like that definitely can count their blessings.

DerekOxford

I haven't heard anything regarding Adams' status. Farmington is opening a new stadium and fieldhouse for next season. Lot of excitement should undoubtedly be surrounding the program.

sportsguy80

Quote from: DerekOxford on November 29, 2018, 03:41:30 pm
I haven't heard anything regarding Adams' status. Farmington is opening a new stadium and fieldhouse for next season. Lot of excitement should undoubtedly be surrounding the program.
I was thinking the same thing.

beach bum

November 30, 2018, 07:24:25 pm #10 Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 07:29:00 pm by beach bum
I doubt they ever will cause Farmington has never taken track seriously (I have no clue why), but it would be nice if they built a track too with all the additions. Cause Prairie Grove's administration is too cheap to do so and PG people won't ever push hard enough to get one. Lincoln's track is very nice & they leave it open to the public which is amazing.... but hate that it sits up on that plateau west of PG where the wind howls like crazy over half the time. That wind is going to make for some quirky races in the 800m, mile, and 2 mile races at their track starting this spring. Cause as of now Lincoln is the only small school program (5A or under) in Washington County to have a track unless Elkins has one that I don't know of they recently built?

DerekOxford

Quote from: beach bum on November 30, 2018, 07:24:25 pm
I doubt they ever will cause Farmington has never taken track seriously (I have no clue why), but it would be nice if they built a track too with all the additions. Cause Prairie Grove's administration is too cheap to do so and PG people won't ever push hard enough to get one. Lincoln's track is very nice & they leave it open to the public which is amazing.... but hate that it sits up on that plateau west of PG where the wind howls like crazy over half the time. That wind is going to make for some quirky races in the 800m, mile, and 2 mile races at their track starting this spring. Cause as of now Lincoln is the only small school program (5A or under) in Washington County to have a track unless Elkins has one that I don't know of they recently built?

Yeah Elkins just put in a really nice track at their new stadium that surrounds the field.

beach bum

I still have yet to see Elkin's new set up. I will have to go by there soon. And thanks for the info!

Bobby Peru

New track is already complete. New stadium as well as indoor facility will be ready be next fall. Havent heard anything about Adams. Link to the project below.

http://kincoconstructors.com/project/farmington-athletic-complex

DerekOxford

Quote from: Bobby Peru on December 01, 2018, 10:20:52 pm
New track is already complete. New stadium as well as indoor facility will be ready be next fall. Havent heard anything about Adams. Link to the project below.

http://kincoconstructors.com/project/farmington-athletic-complex

That is sweet. A game changer for the football program. The next 5-10 years could see them totally transform themselves in the 5A. Surely a lot of talent coming up through the ranks with all the influx of young families into Farmington in the last decade.

Community support has always been there. Tradition is there. It's time to get serious.

theflash10

x14113

Quote from: beach bum on November 30, 2018, 09:16:52 pm
I still have yet to see Elkin's new set up. I will have to go by there soon. And thanks for the info!

The best part of Elkins' new venue is the lighting.

I'm not even kidding.  8)

incogneto

Quote from: DerekOxford on December 01, 2018, 11:50:22 pm
That is sweet. A game changer for the football program. The next 5-10 years could see them totally transform themselves in the 5A. Surely a lot of talent coming up through the ranks with all the influx of young families into Farmington in the last decade.

Community support has always been there. Tradition is there. It's time to get serious.

They don't take strength and conditioning serious.  They have a good mixture of athletes and lineman.  They should have already been winning. 

Pat Swilling

Wasn't Farmington a 4 A at one time?

Bobby Peru

Bobby Peru

December 09, 2018, 11:17:42 am #20 Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 11:22:32 am by Bobby Peru
Just curious what info you have to back up that statement? Is it an
Equipment/facilities issue or a lack of knowledge/want to, on the coaches part?

quote author=incogneto link=topic=158134.msg3669518#msg3669518 date=1544015702]
They don't take strength and conditioning serious.  They have a good mixture of athletes and lineman.  They should have already been winning.
[/quote]

incogneto

Quote from: Bobby Peru on December 09, 2018, 11:17:42 am
Just curious what info you have to back up that statement? Is it an
Equipment/facilities issue or a lack of knowledge/want to, on the coaches part?

quote author=incogneto link=topic=158134.msg3669518#msg3669518 date=1544015702]
Personal observation and talking to players and parents inside the program that I trust they are not being negatively biased towards the staff.  It wasn't a negative conversation either but rather a let's compare notes on the two programs conversation.  That was what I identified as the major difference in the program.  As to the reasons why I don't know.  It could be the administration or the coaches, but lack of equipment would be on both of those.  I know for gospel that the old Ft. Lake coach spent his coaching stipend on weight room equipment because the administration wouldn't.  So equipment should never be an excuse. 

Yellowcake

One guy's opinion, but surrounding your high school home football field with a track takes away from the experience for both players and fans. I understand sometimes it's the only option,but if you have the option not to, don't.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Yellowcake on December 10, 2018, 09:49:35 pm
One guy's opinion, but surrounding your high school home football field with a track takes away from the experience for both players and fans. I understand sometimes it's the only option,but if you have the option not to, don't.

Well yeah, when your choices are a track or a brick wall, you take the brick wall.

;)

Bobby Peru

December 10, 2018, 10:33:44 pm #24 Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 10:37:33 pm by Bobby Peru
Farmington's new track is located behind the new stadium.

Yellowcake

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 10, 2018, 10:29:46 pm
Well yeah, when your choices are a track or a brick wall, you take the brick wall.

;)

Every time, baby. Every time. 😜

RZback

If you can get a track you take it, any way you can get it.  If you use it wisely you can really improve your team speed and athleticism. 

Bayou Bully

Quote from: RZback on January 14, 2019, 03:56:58 pm
If you can get a track you take it, any way you can get it.  If you use it wisely you can really improve your team speed and athleticism.

Said no one since 1978

Pat Swilling

DerekOxford

Pat Swilling

I thought football coach resigned?  The entire thread discusses athletic facilities.

sevenof400

Quote from: RZback on January 14, 2019, 03:56:58 pm

Absolutely. 
Properly coached, Track / Field is a program that can build and round out athletes.
Enlightened people know this.

Quote from: Bayou Bully on January 18, 2019, 11:13:05 am
Said no one since 1978

Still, so much work to do.

DerekOxford

Quote from: Pat Swilling on February 02, 2019, 08:33:00 am
I thought football coach resigned?  The entire thread discusses athletic facilities.

News to me if the coach resigned.

friscokid

Quote from: Pat Swilling on December 05, 2018, 09:10:13 am
Wasn't Farmington a 4 A at one time?
Farmington in fact was 1A in the 1980s. They screwed Hector out of a playoff berth in 1985 because of the goofy tiebreaker points system the AAA used back then.

beach bum

I was running around the loop at the baseball complex next door yesterday and finally saw the progress going on for Farmington athletic facilties.... You can see where when it all comes together they are really going to have something nice there. Looks like the construction crew is doing some good work and it was well planned out.

What I absolutely love is they are building the football field separate from the track for a better fan experience. I don't mind as much as some the track around the field, but I know a lot of people complain about the stands being too far from the field when a school has a track. The track is going to sit just west of the football field all by itself. I wish more schools would do this. I know some don't have the space for it though. Kudos to Farmington's community for all the upgrades on their schools not just in athletics but the schools themselves as well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas