• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best place to eat in your town?

Started by HorseFeathers, November 13, 2015, 02:57:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Breitontime

Quote from: Legend on November 20, 2015, 02:01:30 pm
Stobys is very nice. What happend to oumamis in russ
Same as always, still have garbage, overpriced sushi.

Only one place worth getting sushi from in Arkansas. The Sushi Cafe in The Heights.

Valleysports

Found out a little about that Shake n Bake Bre.  Rumor has it the owner ran out of money...

Breitontime

I've heard that from a couple people. From what I understand, they are suing the original contractor to pay for the other four that have had to fix what they screwed up.

HorseFeathers

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: ViloniaEaglestoWMS on November 15, 2015, 08:16:03 pm
Quote from: True Believer on November 15, 2015, 01:30:20 pmI'm eating at both this week.

now we know how your butt got so big

she's still weeping into her pillow while surrounded by cats bc of this

True Believer

November 22, 2015, 04:27:11 pm #105 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 04:29:23 pm by True Believer
Oh yes!  That just broke my heart.....lol.   Should say pit bull, boxer and lab instead of cats.  :)   Although I do have 3 sweet cats. 

Godsey's is opening another restaurant at Hilltop.  Hope it makes it.  I love their wings. 

Breitontime

Speaking of cats, I could go for some Chinese food.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Lions84 on November 19, 2015, 01:37:52 pm
The Grocery store in Moro Ark on Hwy 79 had a Fish fry every Friday and Saturday evenings.
Are you sure the grocery store your talking about isn't in Monroe, AR? I have seen their sign about Friday and Saturday night catfish fry.

HorseFeathers

The Shack in Jessieville cooks a pretty good burger...

Lions84

Quote from: Wonderdog on January 03, 2016, 10:07:46 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on November 19, 2015, 01:37:52 pm
The Grocery store in Moro Ark on Hwy 79 had a Fish fry every Friday and Saturday evenings.
Are you sure the grocery store your talking about isn't in Monroe, AR? I have seen their sign about Friday and Saturday night catfish fry.

Yes it is in MONROE Mom and Dad are life long County Residents and say it is as good as Dons Catfish Kitchen. 

Lions84

I miss Dons, the Red Pump in Stuttgart and Shaddens BBQ!!!

Lions84

AirWarren

Maumelle has a couple of places we like to hit up.

Sawbucks. Good All American Food.

Mr. Poncho's Mexican Restaurant.

Lions84

The Lions Den in Clarendon still does the classics and adding stuff to the menu every few months. 

minerjack

I like the Lion's Den when I pass through town.  The wait is pretty long, though.

Lions84

Quote from: minerjack on September 22, 2016, 12:23:47 pm
I like the Lion's Den when I pass through town.  The wait is pretty long, though.

With the J&M and White river Cafe being closed there just not many places to eat in Clarendon anymore.

Redwolves8526

Don't live there anymore, but Who Dat's in Bald Knob is unreal good. Little pricey, but I promise you won't leave hungry. Some of the best seafood I have ever eaten. The steaks are also top of the line too.

Lions84

Lions Den on Facebook and are still slinging grub.

HorseFeathers

Main Street diner in hackett.....fits the image of a greasy spoon diner. And slings some good fish and beans on a Friday night.

Lions84

What happened to the drive in at England that on the edge of down town???

BrianfromCarlisle

Davis Deli in Carlisle.  BBQ Cheeseburgers.  Delicious!!

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: Wonderdog on January 03, 2016, 10:07:46 pm

I've had bbq at the beer joint there

PrivateLesson

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

PrivateLesson

November 01, 2016, 04:46:46 am #124 Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:48:21 am by PrivateLesson
Quote from: ViloniaEaglestoWMS on November 01, 2016, 03:21:41 am
shhh

Men are talking
woot    So?   You don't like women? 

Rivercity? BBQ in Ozark is good. :)

Lions84

Can anyone from England know what happened to that drive in in England. I stopped there for years coming back from UALR and then coming home from Texas.  A few years back we were going over the the Tolec Mounds and it was Closed.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 01, 2016, 04:46:46 am
woot    So?   You don't like women? 

Rivercity? BBQ in Ozark is good. :)

Not as good as it used to be....

VHSCoach2

There is a new BBQ joint in Conway called Fat Daddy's BBQ. Gonna have to check it out soon. Just opened up within the past couple weeks.

Conway also got a new seafood place recently, called Shucked. It's pretty good.

Lumberjackfan1978

The Mexican wagon comes to Warren every Friday, Best place to eat in Warren all week

AirWarren

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on November 07, 2016, 11:59:28 pm
The Mexican wagon comes to Warren every Friday, Best place to eat in Warren all week

You ain't lying.

Romeo

If you're ever in Kansas City, you have to go to Oklahoma Joe's for barbecue. Its unique for a restaurant as its inside a gas station and the lines get long but its worth the wait.

Chief_Osceola™

November 19, 2016, 03:17:07 am #131 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 03:20:13 am by Chief_Osceola™
Quote from: AirWarren on April 19, 2016, 03:54:03 pm
Maumelle has a couple of places we like to hit up.

Sawbucks. Good All American Food.

Mr. Poncho's Mexican Restaurant.

I like both of those.

To add to that:

Chicken Wangs (technically NLR but it's on the boulevard)
Sashimi
Cock of the Walk
Smoke Shack BBQ

There's also a little diner on the way out to Marche that has really good breakfast.

AirWarren

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on November 19, 2016, 08:33:53 am
How is Shashimi's sushi?

It's really good. Lots of different options too.

Valleysports

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 07, 2016, 01:41:07 pm
There is a new BBQ joint in Conway called Fat Daddy's BBQ. Gonna have to check it out soon. Just opened up within the past couple weeks.

Conway also got a new seafood place recently, called Shucked. It's pretty good.

Guess it's an expansion from the two Fat Daddy's in Russellville.  The original location has been very popular for many years.  A few years ago they opened one in downtown Russellville - serve everything, favorite among locals.

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 19, 2016, 10:08:32 am
It's really good. Lots of different options too.

I hear the "Maumelle roll" is a good option?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on November 19, 2016, 11:07:48 am
I hear the "Maumelle roll" is a good option?

Haha I've seen that one on the menu but haven't tried it yet. My guess is it would be good. I've never had anything I haven't liked. There are so many options that it would take a year to try everything.

AirWarren

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on November 19, 2016, 11:45:37 am
Now I want sushi.

Man, believe it or not the sushi at the Kroger deli is pretty good too. We usually swing by and pick up a roll or two every week when we grill. Sashimi is the gold standard though.

Longfellow

Quote from: Valleysports on November 19, 2016, 11:04:08 am
Guess it's an expansion from the two Fat Daddy's in Russellville.  The original location has been very popular for many years.  A few years ago they opened one in downtown Russellville - serve everything, favorite among locals.
Definitely one of the places to go if you're visiting town

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 19, 2016, 11:48:20 am
Man, believe it or not the sushi at the Kroger deli is pretty good too. We usually swing by and pick up a roll or two every week when we grill. Sashimi is the gold standard though.

Yeah I discovered the sushi at Kroger in benton when we lived there. It's great.

Infamous

Quote from: Romeo on November 08, 2016, 10:51:30 am
If you're ever in Kansas City, you have to go to Oklahoma Joe's for barbecue. Its unique for a restaurant as its inside a gas station and the lines get long but its worth the wait.

I was in line for roughly 45 minutes, and it was well worth the wait. Some of the best BBQ I've had.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on November 19, 2016, 12:02:02 pm
Yeah I discovered the sushi at Kroger in benton when we lived there. It's great.

So I had the Maumelle roll this evening. It was outstanding.

Lions84

It is great to get on here and read about all the great grub in our state.

Lions84

The Lions Den was great at Christmas.  Still got some great grub down on the river.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas